View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lakers Pick Could Be Golden

Post by worcester on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Me too KJ. Same reasons.
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Unfortunately, I think we will realize the Kings pick in 2019. This is only due to the fact that I think the lakers, while better than only the Kings and Suns in the West, will fare better than the Pacers, Nets, Knicks, Bulls and Hawks in the East, with possibly the Magic. There will be some serious tanking going on this year, and the lakers have no incentive to do that. Should be interesting
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Watching Lakers and T-wolves.

I know this is just the first preseason game but truth be told the Lakers look like dog dodo.

Dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Really impressed with Kuzma who I maintain was a steal.

Dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:45 pm

dboss wrote:Watching Lakers and T-wolves.

I know this is just the first preseason game but truth be told the Lakers look like dog dodo.

Dboss

That's why I keep saying those expecting the Lakers going outside the top 5 of the lottery are seeing things that are not there.

Lakers will face the Wolves 4 times?
The Lakers will be lucky if they win one game against the Wolves.

And we haven't even discussed the Lakers facing OKC, SAS, LAC, GSW, HOU, and many more western playoff teams.

Again, Lakers 2018 pick will be GOLDEN for the Boston Celtics.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:47 pm

fierce wrote:
dboss wrote:Watching Lakers and T-wolves.

Dboss

That's why I keep saying those expecting the Lakers going outside the top 5 of the lottery are seeing things that are not there.

Lakers will face the Wolves 4 times?
The Lakers will be lucky if they win one game against the Wolves.

And we haven't even discussed the Lakers facing OKC, SAS, LAC, GSW, HOU, and many more western playoff teams.

Again, Lakers 2018 pick will be GOLDEN for the Boston Celtics.

Fierce

I certainly hope so.  They may not win 30 games this year.

Dboss

dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:38 pm

So far so good for the Nets after 2 preseason games.

Not so much for the Lakers.
Lakers now 0-3 in preseason.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:44 pm

fierce wrote:So far so good for the Nets after 2 preseason games.

Not so much for the Lakers.
Lakers now 0-3 in preseason.

I saw 2 Laker games and they appear to be offensively challenged and their defense sucks too.

Dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:15 am

The Lakers/Nets trade this summer looks like it's a steal for the Lakers every day.
Not only did they get Brook Lopez, they got out from under Mozgov's contract and they drafted Kuzma with the Nets 1st round pick.
Kuzma is averaging 21 ppg in the 3 pre-season games while shooting 66% from the field.
D'Angelo had a typical D'Angelo game last night.
4-14 shooting, 9 points and more turnovers than assists.
Mozgov chipped in with a huge 5 point night...

Even when some were saying Boston has a good chance at the top 2 picks this year, I never believed that. Brooklyn won't be one of the 5 worst teams in the league.
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:05 am

you mean the Lakers won't be.

we'll see how the Levar Ball show goes.
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:07 am

kdp59 wrote:you mean the Lakers won't be.

we'll see how the Levar Ball show goes.

I don't think LA or Brooklyn will be one of the 5 worst teams.

tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:17 am

right now its only preseason, but Lakers look like dogshit
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:21 am

Didn't see a lot of their games, but in limited minutes, the guy that looks inept is Randle, can't even finish at the rim in the segments I saw and Lonzo plays very weak defense IMHO.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:22 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:right now its only preseason, but Lakers look like dogshit

True. They have not played well yet.
It is only preseason.

The Warriors are 0-2...
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:24 am

tjmakz wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:right now its only preseason, but Lakers look like dogshit

It is only preseason.

The Warriors are 0-2...

somehow I think the Warriors can turn it around
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:25 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

It is only preseason.

The Warriors are 0-2...

somehow I think the Warriors can turn it around

Agreed.
:-)
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:50 am

As I've stated many times. When a new regime comes in, they want their own people. For this reason I "predict" Luke Walton will not coach the duration of his contract. Magic has used the word "playoffs" several times. They will not and cannot make the playoffs this year. If it's another 25 win season, which is not out of the realm of possibility given their aversion to defense, then Luke could go.
You read it here first.
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:10 am

red16russ11 wrote:As I've stated many times.  When a new regime comes in, they want their own people.  For this reason I "predict" Luke Walton will not coach the duration of his contract.  Magic has used the word "playoffs" several times.  They will not and cannot make the playoffs this year.  If it's another 25 win season, which is not out of the realm of possibility given their aversion to defense, then Luke could go.
You read it here first.

In your crystal ball, who would be a good replacement for Luke Walton?
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:18 am

tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:As I've stated many times.  When a new regime comes in, they want their own people.  For this reason I "predict" Luke Walton will not coach the duration of his contract.  Magic has used the word "playoffs" several times.  They will not and cannot make the playoffs this year.  If it's another 25 win season, which is not out of the realm of possibility given their aversion to defense, then Luke could go.
You read it here first.

i

I neither know nor care. I know Magic didn't hire Luke. I also think Randle and Clarkson will go, as well as Deng. Magic wants his imprint on the team for when/IF they are ever good again. He wants Kupcake to get zero credit. Not saying that's bad, either, it's just human nature. Ainge did it, Belichik did it.............all the great ones ....lol
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 am

red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
You read it here first.

i

I neither know nor care.  I know Magic didn't hire Luke.  I also think Randle and Clarkson will go, as well as Deng.  Magic wants his imprint on the team for when/IF they are ever good again.  He wants Kupcake to get zero credit.  Not saying that's bad, either, it's just human nature.  Ainge did it, Belichik did it.............all the great ones ....lol

I know that Magic was 100% for the Luke Walton hiring even though he didn't hire Luke.

You are not going out on a limb by saying that Randle, Clarkson and Deng will probably be gone.
We all are aware of that.
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:48 am

tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
You read it here first.

i

I neither know nor care.  I know Magic didn't hire Luke.  I also think Randle and Clarkson will go, as well as Deng.  Magic wants his imprint on the team for when/IF they are ever good again.  He wants Kupcake to get zero credit.  Not saying that's bad, either, it's just human nature.  Ainge did it, Belichik did it.............all the great ones ....lol

I know that Magic was 100% for the Luke Walton hiring even though he didn't hire Luke.

You are not going out on a limb by saying that Randle, Clarkson and Deng will probably be gone.
We all are aware of that.

I'm out on a limb with Luke, though, right............and I'll sit there all by myself. I couldn't care less. If not for how bad the Eastern teams of ATL, CHI, IND, NYK, ORL and PHI will be, we might get the lakers pick next year. As it is, they'll be third worst in the West, again, only better than PHO and SAC.......we are all well aware of that, too.
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:50 am

The Kings added Zach Randolph and George Hill.
I will not be surprised if the Lakers end up the worst team in the west this season.

The Kings are the only team in the west that I thought would be worse than the Lakers because Zach Randolph got arrested.

If Randolph is able to play then it's going to be a race to the bottom between the Kings and Lakers for the worst record in the west.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:56 am

Let's not kid ourselves.

Magic Johnson wants Lonzo to start and get a lot of minutes from day 1.
That alone will make sure the Lakers will lose a lot of games for obvious reasons.

Add an undersized Randle and a bust in Brandon Ingram and the Lakers are going nowhere this season.

The projected Laker starting 5 of Lopez, Randle, Ingram, KCP, and Lonzo are all weak on defense.
It will be so easy to score on the Lakers.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:39 pm

tjmakz wrote:The Lakers/Nets trade this summer looks like it's a steal for the Lakers every day.
Not only did they get Brook Lopez, they got out from under Mozgov's contract and they drafted Kuzma with the Nets 1st round pick.
Kuzma is averaging 21 ppg in the 3 pre-season games while shooting 66% from the field.
D'Angelo had a typical D'Angelo game last night.
4-14 shooting, 9 points and more turnovers than assists.
Mozgov chipped in with a huge 5 point night...

Even when some were saying Boston has a good chance at the top 2 picks this year, I never believed that. Brooklyn won't be one of the 5 worst teams in the league.

TJ

People were saying that before the Irving trade ("Even when some were saying Boston has a good chance at the top 2 picks this year, ")

I agree about Kuzma and have already stated that I think Kuzma was a steal. The rest of the group stinks.

Brooks has an expiring contract so he probably will not be there after this year. Ingram is really starting to look like a bust. He has a hitch in his jumper.

Their is not one player on that team that can cover a ham sandwich. Earlier I was thinking that LAL would be a much improved team but right now I am not so sure.

The notion that Paul George or Lebron James comes through the door to save this franchise from further humiliation looks more remote now.

Right now I really like Boston's chances of getting a pick 2-5. If that happens Danny will reach a new level of genius.

Magic has a lot to learn about how to build a winning team. He should call Danny for advice.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:27 pm

I want to see more of Brandon Ingram before I call him a bust.  He did not have a good rookie year, despite getting all the minutes he could ask for (personally, I don't think throwing rookies into the fire and let them get their brains beat in night-in-night-out is a good learning environment but when your team sucks you gotta pump your fans up by giving them hope and that means strutting your top picks) but that is just one year, his first year. He just turned 20 in September.

This is a big year for him, though.  He needs to prove that his stringbean body can compete in this man's league.  Rumor is he added an inch over this year.  If he didn't put on a ton of weight  that could make things even worse.  His problem last year wasn't that he was too short, that's Randle's problem, his problem was that he's a matchstick man.  I have similar concerns about Jayson Tatum, to be honest, but compared to 6'10"+, 195# Brandon Ingram 6'8", 206# Jayson Tatum is Arnold Schwarzenneger.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top