Post by mrkleen09 Mon May 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Title says it all.

Humble Pie is being served up by the slice in Cleveland tonight. Laughing
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Cavs Play About As Well As Capable Empty Re: Cavs Play About As Well As Capable

Post by worcester Mon May 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Doc let Rondo run the offense, esp. after Paul got his third foul, and all's right with the world. Good to see Rasheed show up to earn his paycheck. He was actually hustling. Who'd a thunk it!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Mon May 03, 2010 11:20 pm

Guys. It's the elbow. It's JUST the elbow.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon May 03, 2010 11:22 pm

pete hurt his elbow?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue May 04, 2010 9:04 am

He wasnt making any notice of the elbow when receiving his trophy - it was only after they were down by 20 with the mighty king shooting terribly, that he started the elbow rubbing. And that MORON Reggie Miller - a guy that never won anything in his life, started playing right into it.

Bunch of jokers on national TV. I miss Tommy and Mike.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue May 04, 2010 9:25 am

Mrkleen,

I assume you get Comcast. You probably know that at least you can see Tommy and Mike after the games, as the Comcast Channel does the usual lengthy wrapup. Last night, in a refreshing change, they had Ray and Rondo sitting for the post-game press conference rather than KG and Paul.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:03 am

I don't know if LeBron's elbow is hurt or not but I have never seen this type of lack of aggressiveness from him. Yes, he got it going a little when the Celtics were already up by 20+, but he was almost invisible on the court. How does LeBron only have 9 FG attempts and 6FT attempts through 3 quarters? In his last regular season game against Boston LeBron had 31 FG attempts and 22FT attempts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:15 am

mrkleen09 wrote:He wasnt making any notice of the elbow when receiving his trophy - it was only after they were down by 20 with the mighty king shooting terribly, that he started the elbow rubbing. And that MORON Reggie Miller - a guy that never won anything in his life, started playing right into it.

mrkleen,

I don't think it is fair to bust on Reggie Miller for not winning anything. He is a future hall-of-famer who happened to play for the Pacers his whole career. He made it to the Finals but they didn't have the talent to win the title. Miller's job is to be a commentator/analyst. I don't think he does a great job, but I do like listening to former players who lived the playoff battles.

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Tue May 04, 2010 10:46 am

tjmakz wrote:I don't know if LeBron's elbow is hurt or not but I have never seen this type of lack of aggressiveness from him. Yes, he got it going a little when the Celtics were already up by 20+, but he was almost invisible on the court. How does LeBron only have 9 FG attempts and 6FT attempts through 3 quarters? In his last regular season game against Boston LeBron had 31 FG attempts and 22FT attempts.

Everytime he did drive, he got smothered by an aggressive double team (often RA and PP). His jump shot wasn't falling. As follows, I think he was trying to facilitate more. Problem was, his team mates jump shots weren't falling either. He didn't seem all that lethargic to me, the defense just outplayed him. Maybe it was the elbow, but even the best of the best have an off night once in awhile (and it usually has nothing to do with injury). I guess we'll see in game 3.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue May 04, 2010 11:24 am

Great perimeter defense on LBJ for most of the night. No open shots, couldn't turn the corner on high screens. Tony did an excellent job of not letting him put it on the floor and drive.

Another 3 games like this and we might be home-free in this series.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue May 04, 2010 2:46 pm

tjmakz wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:He wasnt making any notice of the elbow when receiving his trophy - it was only after they were down by 20 with the mighty king shooting terribly, that he started the elbow rubbing. And that MORON Reggie Miller - a guy that never won anything in his life, started playing right into it.

mrkleen,

I don't think it is fair to bust on Reggie Miller for not winning anything. He is a future hall-of-famer who happened to play for the Pacers his whole career. He made it to the Finals but they didn't have the talent to win the title. Miller's job is to be a commentator/analyst. I don't think he does a great job, but I do like listening to former players who lived the playoff battles.

I would like to listen to commentators comments ON THE GAME we are watching...I couldn't care less about some failed attempt at a championship in 1999 when Miller came up lame in a key game in that series.

We were witnessing one of the most LOPSIDED and unfairly officiated games I have seen in years - and the Celtics were still winning by 25 points...and they were still talking about how great Lebron is and how it must be his elbow. Couldnt have been good defense, Sheed and Ray Allen filling it up, or the disappearance of pretenders like Mo Williams and Antawan Jamison - it had to be the 'mystery' injury. Give me a break.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue May 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Yes, Reggie gives LeBron credit for everything, probably even including who put the bite marks on Marv Albert's back, but not every major sportscaster sees it that way. Jim Rome was giving props to Dan Shaughnessy today for predicting that the Celts would win they series because Boston knows it is the better team. Go Celts!
I think that Doc should get the Jesus 2 award for bringing our own Lazarus - Rasheed Wallace - back from the dead.

Last edited by worcester on Tue May 04, 2010 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Yeah, I'm going to have to jump on the Reggie Miller bandwagon. He's not much of an announcer, he'll fall for anything, but he is very gracious and generous in praise toward Ray Allen and wants him to break his record. Not many record holder players would act that way, especially someone in Reggie's position.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue May 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Dbrown

What is the alternative to reggie acting that way? He really has no choice.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down