Mind-blowingly, the Knicks are Michael Beasley's team now, and it's glorious

4 posters

Go down

Mind-blowingly, the Knicks are Michael Beasley's team now, and it's glorious Empty Mind-blowingly, the Knicks are Michael Beasley's team now, and it's glorious

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:15 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/mind-blowingly-knicks-michael-beasleys-team-now-glorious-132617742.html

Mind-blowingly, the Knicks are Michael Beasley's team now, and it's glorious

Ben Rohrbach, Ball Don't Lie

Sep 27, 2017, 6:26 AM

Mind-blowingly, the Knicks are Michael Beasley's team now, and it's glorious Eb8f67d638fd7635d3a95bec0528f862
Knicks fans need not worry: Michael Beasley, a.k.a. SuperCoolBeas, is here to blow New York’s mind.

Who needs Melo when you have SuperCoolBeas?

When Carmelo Anthony was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder, the New York Knicks were supposed to belong to Kristaps Porzingis. A few days into training camp, though, we’ve come to find out they are undoubtedly Michael Beasley’s team. That might not be the best development for their success on the court this season, but the entertainment possibilities for the 2017-18 Knicks are now limitless.

Speaking of “Limitless,” it is a 2011 movie in which Bradley Cooper’s character discovers a pill that allows him to use significantly more than the 10 percent of the brain that others are able to access. And wouldn’t you know it, Beasley, genius that he is, had some thoughts on the matter, and he shared them with SportsNet New York’s Taylor Rooks while wearing a sweatshirt that says “goat in new york.”

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/912685121886654464
Follow
Taylor Rooks ✔️@TaylorRooks
From Michael Beasley podcast...we debated & disagreed about this (& much more) for at least 15 min. WHO IS RIGHT?

This is the question Beasley posed: “You can research the human brain and all that. It says that we are only capable of using 10 percent of our brain, right? You believe that? So, it’s the consensus scientifically. So, who was the guy that used 11 that made it OK to say that everybody’s just using 10?”

I don’t want to run the risk of Beasley’s wrath by saying “he’s smoking something,” as ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith did last week — after the former No. 2 pick said the Knicks featured “four guys that can score 25 points per game” and before he made the following claims: The Knicks could be a fifth or sixth seed, “I plan to play at least until I’m 43,” “I’m literally just Carmelo on the left side of the floor,” and, “I still think I have a chance to be one of the best in the NBA. I’m your favorite player’s favorite player.”

So, I will just say this: Beasley just presented the most brilliant riddle of our time, and I’m not sure how you do that without either taking mind-expanding drugs or naturally using more of your brain.

Listen, I could probably look up on Wikipedia if the whole “10 percent of the brain” thing is even true. I’ve always just kind of assumed that was a myth, but Beasley has clearly done way more brain research than I have, and it was way more fun to entertain his mind-blowing argument at face value.

So, let’s just say humans actually do only use 10 percent of their brains. That would be an average, right? Like, there’s no way each individual uses the exact same amount of their brain. So, yeah, I’m with Beasley on this one: The guy who discovered we only use 10 percent of our brains was definitely on the higher end of that spectrum, because he must have studied a lot of brains to find that out.

Either that, or he looked into his own brain and found out he’s using 11 percent, and then was like, “Well, I’m definitely smarter than these people, so they must only using 10 percent or something.”

Oh, wait. Just looked it up, aaaannnddd … it’s a myth. Humans use a lot more of their brains. Well, some do, anyway. From the little I use, I know this: The 2017-18 New York Knicks are Michael Beasley’s team, and they’re brilliant. As for wins and losses, well, I’ll just put their playoff odds at 10 percent.

bob
MY NOTE:  Weird, the last half of this got cut off.

Another #2 pick borderline bust.

What I want to know, though, is "who is Taylor Rooks and does she like older white men?"  This is her twitter profile pic.  Damn...

Mind-blowingly, the Knicks are Michael Beasley's team now, and it's glorious 9PcXPn24_400x400

Last edited by bobheckler on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Mind-blowingly, the Knicks are Michael Beasley's team now, and it's glorious Empty Re: Mind-blowingly, the Knicks are Michael Beasley's team now, and it's glorious

Post by kdp59 Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:53 am

LOL....McBuckets will play ahead of him I would think.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Mind-blowingly, the Knicks are Michael Beasley's team now, and it's glorious Empty Re: Mind-blowingly, the Knicks are Michael Beasley's team now, and it's glorious

Post by worcester Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Taylor Rooks, give me back my heart. I need it.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 pm

East's bad teams are a nice crutch while the Cs try to figure out how to play with each other.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down