Kyrie Irving: 'Vast difference' between cities of Boston, Cleveland

2 posters

Go down

Kyrie Irving: 'Vast difference' between cities of Boston, Cleveland Empty Kyrie Irving: 'Vast difference' between cities of Boston, Cleveland

Post by NYCelt Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Always a good idea to make friends with the natives...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20994910/celtics-guard-kyrie-irving-says-boston-real-live-sports-city

Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kyrie Irving has added more spice to the Celtics-Cavaliers season opener.

Irving, who asked to be traded out of Cleveland and wound up in Boston this summer after three straight NBA Finals trips with LeBron James and the Cavaliers, said he sees "a vast difference" between the cities.

"Boston, I'm driving in and [thinking], 'I'm really playing in a real, live sports city?" Irving told reporters on Wednesday, in comments published by The Charlotte Observer.

"A lot of different cultures, food and people. You get it all, especially in Boston," the All-Star point guard also said. "You would go to Cleveland and it would be at nighttime and things would be going on, but you just see a vast difference."

Remember, Irving and the Celtics open in Cleveland on Tuesday night.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Kyrie Irving: 'Vast difference' between cities of Boston, Cleveland Empty Re: Kyrie Irving: 'Vast difference' between cities of Boston, Cleveland

Post by k_j_88 Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:44 pm

All of the professional teams have had recent success, so it makes sense.

I also find it hilarious.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Kyrie Irving: 'Vast difference' between cities of Boston, Cleveland Empty Re: Kyrie Irving: 'Vast difference' between cities of Boston, Cleveland

Post by NYCelt Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:35 pm

k_j_88 wrote:All of the professional teams have had recent success, so it makes sense.

I also find it hilarious.

KJ

KJ,

I agree with you; it is funny. Especially considering Cleveland teams have had more recent success than Boston's.

I took it as Kyrie trying to win over the Boston fans.  Maybe not the best thought out statement, but I'm sure Bostonians appreciate the gesture.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down