bobc33
Sam
gyso
pete
10 posters

Go down

Ainge Fined 25k For Towel Incident Empty Ainge Fined 25k For Towel Incident

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Ok, here is where I am going to go off the deep end. Was Danny not in a spectator seat? If he was, there is no "press etiquette" or anything else to base this one on. I can certainly understand why some would think he should be held to a higher standard, but to be fined?

Am I missing something?

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Ainge Fined 25k For Towel Incident Empty Re: Ainge Fined 25k For Towel Incident

Post by gyso Thu May 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Pete,

NBA personnel must be held to a different standard than the average fan. Ainge Fined 25k For Towel Incident Drunken_smilie

I wonder...

Who's decision is it to hand out the foam snake-like tubes or the plastic "clapping" tubes that fans use during the opponents free throws?

You know, the ones they give out to fans seated in the ends of the court. The ones that show up in some of the pictures that I posted on one of the other recent Ainge threads. Some of those were NBA games.

It sounds like a conflict if the NBA condones the one and fines the other.

The sound of one towel falling!!!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 2:19 pm

gyso,

I could almost understand a verbal "behavior unbecoming of a GM" type of reprimand, but again, 25K???????? I wonder how many fans will be bringing towels to the game on Friday? Maybe they should bring sheets!
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 06, 2010 2:37 pm

If Danny had been sitting beside the Celtics bench, would the ruling have been the same?

If so, then shouldn't players on the bench and much closer to the action be held to an even higher standard?

If so, then I believe Sasha Vukojerk would be banned for life for incessant repetitions of the same offense, and the Lakers should be forced to forfeit their 2009 championship.

I can't remember the timing of the incident, but perhaps Danny was simply trying to wave away the bottle that was thrown on the court. If so, he may have saved someone's life. That makes him a bonafide hero and perhaps a Nobel Peace Prize candidate. Maybe he was just quietly holding the towel, and his heart jumped.

I'd like to see the specific rule devoted to a situation like this, where a general manager is sitting several rows back in the stands. If he had been 100 rows back, would it have been an infraction? How about 90 rows? 80? In the men's room? At precisely what distance does it become an infraction? I demand a remeasurement.

An even better reaction might be for the Celtics to hand out a green king-sized blanket to every person sitting behind the baskets in Game 3. Of course, it would be simply to keep them from catching cold as they sat over the hockey ice.

I realize I tend to be a bit extreme. I once (true story) picketed on the public sidewalk outside a client's health salon on Newbury Street in Boston until he came out and handed me a payment that was two months overdue. But, nonetheless, all I've said makes as much sense as the manure being perpetrated by the league.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu May 06, 2010 2:58 pm

gyso wrote:Pete,

NBA personnel must be held to a different standard than the average fan. Ainge Fined 25k For Towel Incident Drunken_smilie

I wonder...

Who's decision is it to hand out the foam snake-like tubes or the plastic "clapping" tubes that fans use during the opponents free throws?

You know, the ones they give out to fans seated in the ends of the court. The ones that show up in some of the pictures that I posted on one of the other recent Ainge threads. Some of those were NBA games.

gyso

Pete,

That one towel falling, are you referring to Cow's avatar?

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu May 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Folks,
Any controversy is good for media. What's good for media is good for NBA. Simple. And you're talking rules, logic, common sense.....
On the bright side, I hope Celtics will use this incident to fire the team up and the crowd as well.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu May 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Sam, I think you have hit on something here. I'll bet we see a ton of towels being thrown in the air by Boston fans tomorrow night during Cav's free throws!

Sam wrote:If Danny had been sitting beside the Celtics bench, would the ruling have been the same?
An even better reaction might be for the Celtics to hand out a green king-sized blanket to every person sitting behind the baskets in Game 3. Of course, it would be simply to keep them from catching cold as they sat over the hockey ice.
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 3:04 pm

bobc33 wrote:

I wonder...

gyso

Pete,

bobc,

Now we have something worth discussing here!
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu May 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Sam wrote:

If so, then I believe Sasha Vukojerk would be banned for life

I'm all for that. Especially if his money would come off the cap immediately. Very Happy

Also, I think this whole towelgate thing is just a big misunderstanding. There should be no fine.

When looking at the replay, I realized that Ainge wasn't trying to distract the shooter. He saw Robert Horry sitting behind him and was just saying "Hello" to his old buddy. Razz
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Maybe there is a written regulation for coaches/GM's/owners about intentionally distracting others teams players? Who knows?
Mark Cuban could be fined every game if the NBA wanted to for his actions/abuse of referees.

Sam,

Sasha Vukojerk? Great name.
I couldn't agree with you more.
I wouldn't categorize him as a punk, more like a twerk or a gnat.
He is annoying on the bench and on the court. He runs around the court as fast as he can but gets nothing accomplished.
I sure hope LA sends him and his one year remaining to another team this summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu May 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Fingers crossed, tj, fingers crossed. Hopefully package him with a draft pick and bring back someone like Lou Williams.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 06, 2010 4:51 pm

BSK and TJ (lord, can we communicate in today's world without initials?):

There are certain players that fans are happy to see on the floor for opponents. In some ways (at least on offense), I suspect Perk might be one for some opposing fans. Sasha is one of them for me. I develop this case of well-being as I hope for him to start shooting.

Now that I've said that, look for the Lakers and Celtics to meet in the finals, and look for Sasha to shoot lights-out.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 06, 2010 5:16 pm

bobc33 wrote:

I wonder...

gyso

Pete,

Don't we all wish...
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu May 06, 2010 5:39 pm

After reading about this fine, I do think Celtic Fans should one and all celebrate Towel Day (May 25th) 13 days or so early.. especialy those that will be in attendence Smile
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 5:43 pm

bsh,

I think LA has to try to trade for a higher quality PG then Williams. I also would think LA will try to trade up in this years draft to pick Eric Bledsoe.

Sam,

Game 7 of the Finals against Boston. Overtime. Kobe just fouled out. Sasha comes in and buries a series winning 30 footer at the buzzer...
An earthquake occurs, knocking out the server that hosts the samcelt website. Keyboards are eerily quiet...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 06, 2010 5:46 pm

TJ,

And then, blessedly, I wake up to find I've gnawed my toes off!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Matty,

I think its time to put Ernest Borgnine, in a thong, with his back to the basket, for every foul shot that the Cavs take. It'll make the towel look like a Godsend!

Which brings me to another question, who would you not want to see wearing a thong? Lets get a list going and pick the ones most "capable" of helping the Celts Friday. Ok, I know I'm loosing it here, but humor me, my wife will thank you.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Thu May 06, 2010 6:00 pm

Michael Moore.

I can't think of anyone more feared in the realm of skimpy lingerie...
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu May 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Rosanne Arnold

Phyllis Diller

Janet Reno

John Goodman

Scal
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Rosie O'Donnel I would not even hit the rim!
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri May 07, 2010 10:40 am

I posted this on BDC first. I should have posted it here first.

Here's how you rectify this. Come Friday, every seat in TD Garder gets two large towels, both that have $25,000 printed all over it in green and white. Everyone's seat but Danny's. Each time the Cavs go to the line, everyone on cue hurls their respective towels directly above them. There won't be anything Stern or Jackson can do about it. In between sets of free throws, the crowd can get their towels back. A geat tactic for getting to know you fellow seatmates at a game. Sorry. I live too close to Duke University. This would already be a given and in full production in Durham by now. Better yet, every fan gets an oversized $1 bill on a stick. You can use your imagination. Too bad the Garden isn't a ($)25,000 seat arena.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down