fierce
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

POST GAME TORONTO - HOME Empty POST GAME TORONTO - HOME

Post by 112288 Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Celtics Wrap: Boston Fights Off Raptors’ Late Push In 95-94 Victory

NESN ADAM LONDON

The Boston Celtics just keep on winning.

The Celtics recorded their 12th straight win with a 95-94 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Sunday afternoon at TD Garden. Boston was without Kyrie Irving (minor facial fracture) for the matinee matchup, but the rest of the Celtics’ usual starters rose to the occasion in the star guard’s absence. Al Horford paced the green with 21 points to go along with four assists and three rebounds, while Jaylen Brown wasn’t far behind with 18 points. The Celtics also received a strong performance off the bench from Terry Rozier, who posted 16 points, six rebounds and three assists. With the win, the Celtics improve to 12-2, while the Raptors fall to 7-5. Here’s how it all went down:

STARTING FIVE PG: Marcus Smart SG: Jaylen Brown SF: Jayson Tatum PF: Al Horford C: Aron Baynes

GUIDING GUARDS Strong guard play was the theme of the first quarter, which ended with the two teams deadlocked at 24-24. As they typically do, Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan paced the Raptors, posting 11 and 10 points, respectively, in the opening 12 minutes. Brown led the Celtics with eight points in the first quarter while also adding two rebound and two assists. Horford showed no rust early on in his first game back from injury, scoring six points on 3-of-3 shooting in the opening frame. While Horford posted a perfect shooting line, it wasn’t a particularly pretty first quarter, as the two teams combined for 12 turnovers.

TERRY TIME Boston came out sluggish in the second, as it didn’t log its first points of the quarter until a pair of Marcus Morris free throws 3:25 into the frame. Tatum registered the first basket of the quarter at the 4:11 mark. But the C’s received a major lift in the form of Rozier. The versatile guard led all scorers with seven second-quarter points, including this four-point play at the end of the frame. It was a relatively underwhelming half for the C’s, though, as the Raptors led 49-44 heading into the break. Boston only shot 33 percent from the field and had no scorers in double figures through two quarters.

THREE-POINT PARTY The Raptor held a slim the lead for the better part of the first half, but the Celtics used a strong third quarter to put themselves pack on top. After several minutes of back-and-forth action to open the third, a pair of Horford free throws at the 5:35 mark gave the C’s the lead, which they maintained through the rest of the quarter, holding a 77-76 advantage heading into the final quarter. Boston used the 3-pointer to retake the lead, as it buried six shots from beyond the arc in the third quarter, including two apiece from Brown and Smart.

DOWN TO THE WIRE The Celtics hung tough to keep their lead as the fourth quarter progressed, but the Raptors made things interesting by trimming the deficit to one in the final minutes. Horford rose to the occasion in crunch time, as the Celtics big man sent home a powerful slam with 2:09 left to boost Boston’s lead to three and then swiped a steal from DeRozan on the ensuing Raptors possession. Tatum made the turnover count with a smooth layup to swell the C’s lead to five. But Toronto chipped away, getting back within one in the final minute of regulation. The game appeared to be iced after a DeRozan miss with 19 seconds left, but a Tatum personal foul gave the Raptors one final shot to win the game. Toronto received a similar fate on its final attempt, though, as a DeRozan turnaround fadeaway rimmed out to preserve Boston’s win.

PLAY OF THE GAME Horford … with authority! UP

NEXT The Celtics return to action Tuesday night against the Brooklyn Nets. Tip-off from Barclays Center is set for 7:30 p.m. ET.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Celtics survive close call vs. Raptors, extend winning streak to 12 games

NBC SPORTS BOSTON By A. Sherrod Blakely November 12, 2017 6:04 PM

BOSTON – The wins just keep on coming for the Boston Celtics who survived the closest of close calls on Sunday, but still managed to cling to a 95-94 win.

DeMar DeRozan had a chance to give Toronto the victory. But Jaylen Brown’s defense was good enough to force a miss.

However, the loose ball wound up in Serge Ibaka’s hands briefly but he was unable to get his shot attempt to go in as the final horn sounded and the Celtics once again found a way to win.

Boston (12-2) has now won 12 in a row and remain the team to beat in not just the Eastern Conference … but the NBA.

Al Horford, returning to the lineup after missing two games while in the NBA’s concussion protocol program, had a strong game offensively with a team-high 21 points.

Brown (18 points) and Terry Rozier (16 points) off the bench also had big games for Boston.

As for the Raptors (7-5), DeRozan and Kyle Lowry had 24 and 19 points, respectively.

Boston spent a good chunk of the game playing from behind, but seemed to have found its stride when in the third quarter.

In the third, Boston went on a 20-6 run to lead 71-63 after a Brown 3-pointer.

The Raptors called a timeout which did them a world of good as they responded with a 10-2 spurt of their own to tie the game at 73-all with 1:44 to play in the quarter.

Toronto went ahead 76-74 late in the third, only for Rozier to have another late in the quarter 3-pointer which put Boston ahead 77-76.

The first half was one in which the Celtics would rally, make it a one-possession game only for the Raptors to go on a mini-run to keep just enough distance between themselves and the Celtics to maintain a steady amount of control.

Toronto had the game well in hand going into the half.

That is, until Rozier hit a step-back 3-pointer similar to the slide-to-the-left, step-back 3-pointer that Kyrie Irving at times will take to create space.

Rozier was fouled, and the 4-point play cut Toronto’s lead to 49-44 at the half.

Irving (minor facial fracture) did not play, with his return to the lineup very much up in the air.

Last edited by 112288 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

POST GAME TORONTO - HOME Empty Re: POST GAME TORONTO - HOME

Post by 112288 Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:10 pm

80 - 2 THE DREAM LIVES ON!

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:17 pm

I think those who keep saying Brandon Ingram is not a bust should open their eyes and realize how our two #3 picks, Jaylen and Jayson, are playing so well even when they're still very young.

Today Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum played well on both ends of the court.
We can clearly see the impact of our two #3 picks in this 12-game winning streak.

fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Ingram has nothing to do with either of them.  He plays for LAL and everyone on this board loves our 2 studs.

Boston likely would have drafted him if they had the 2nd pick.  As a matter of fact I would venture to say that most teams would have drafred the Dukie with the 7' 5" wingspan.

I am glad we had the 3rd pick.  I think Jaylen will be the better pick moving forward.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:42 pm

dboss wrote:Ingram has nothing to do with either of them.  He plays for LAL and everyone on this board loves our 2 studs.

Boston likely would have drafted him if they had the 2nd pick.  As a matter of fact I would venture to say that most teams would have drafred the Dukie with the 7' 5" wingspan.

I am glad we had the 3rd pick.  I think Jaylen will be the better pick moving forward.

Dboss

I disagree.

I think Ainge would still have drafted Brown at #2.

Most of the teams would have drafted him at #2, but I don't think Ainge would have.

Both Jaylen and Jayson are showing us that age is not an excuse.

If you saw the Lakers vs. Bucks game last night, you would have seen Brandon Ingram doing nothing.
He's not even a good FT shooter.
It's a wasted pick.

Only thing going for Brandon Ingram is he's long, he can shoot over shorter players.
That's it!
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:25 pm

112288 wrote:Celtics Wrap: Boston Fights Off Raptors’ Late Push In 95-94 Victory

NESN ADAM LONDON

The Boston Celtics just keep on winning.

The Celtics recorded their 12th straight win with a 95-94 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Sunday afternoon at TD Garden. Boston was without Kyrie Irving (minor facial fracture) for the matinee matchup, but the rest of the Celtics’ usual starters rose to the occasion in the star guard’s absence. Al Horford paced the green with 21 points to go along with four assists and three rebounds, while Jaylen Brown wasn’t far behind with 18 points. The Celtics also received a strong performance off the bench from Terry Rozier, who posted 16 points, six rebounds and three assists. With the win, the Celtics improve to 12-2, while the Raptors fall to 7-5. Here’s how it all went down:

STARTING FIVE PG: Marcus Smart SG: Jaylen Brown SF: Jayson Tatum PF: Al Horford C: Aron Baynes

GUIDING GUARDS Strong guard play was the theme of the first quarter, which ended with the two teams deadlocked at 24-24. As they typically do, Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan paced the Raptors, posting 11 and 10 points, respectively, in the opening 12 minutes. Brown led the Celtics with eight points in the first quarter while also adding two rebound and two assists. Horford showed no rust early on in his first game back from injury, scoring six points on 3-of-3 shooting in the opening frame. While Horford posted a perfect shooting line, it wasn’t a particularly pretty first quarter, as the two teams combined for 12 turnovers.

TERRY TIME Boston came out sluggish in the second, as it didn’t log its first points of the quarter until a pair of Marcus Morris free throws 3:25 into the frame. Tatum registered the first basket of the quarter at the 4:11 mark. But the C’s received a major lift in the form of Rozier. The versatile guard led all scorers with seven second-quarter points, including this four-point play at the end of the frame. It was a relatively underwhelming half for the C’s, though, as the Raptors led 49-44 heading into the break. Boston only shot 33 percent from the field and had no scorers in double figures through two quarters.

THREE-POINT PARTY The Raptor held a slim the lead for the better part of the first half, but the Celtics used a strong third quarter to put themselves pack on top. After several minutes of back-and-forth action to open the third, a pair of Horford free throws at the 5:35 mark gave the C’s the lead, which they maintained through the rest of the quarter, holding a 77-76 advantage heading into the final quarter. Boston used the 3-pointer to retake the lead, as it buried six shots from beyond the arc in the third quarter, including two apiece from Brown and Smart.

DOWN TO THE WIRE The Celtics hung tough to keep their lead as the fourth quarter progressed, but the Raptors made things interesting by trimming the deficit to one in the final minutes. Horford rose to the occasion in crunch time, as the Celtics big man sent home a powerful slam with 2:09 left to boost Boston’s lead to three and then swiped a steal from DeRozan on the ensuing Raptors possession. Tatum made the turnover count with a smooth layup to swell the C’s lead to five. But Toronto chipped away, getting back within one in the final minute of regulation. The game appeared to be iced after a DeRozan miss with 19 seconds left, but a Tatum personal foul gave the Raptors one final shot to win the game. Toronto received a similar fate on its final attempt, though, as a DeRozan turnaround fadeaway rimmed out to preserve Boston’s win.

PLAY OF THE GAME Horford … with authority! UP

NEXT The Celtics return to action Tuesday night against the Brooklyn Nets. Tip-off from Barclays Center is set for 7:30 p.m. ET.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Celtics survive close call vs. Raptors, extend winning streak to 12 games

NBC SPORTS BOSTON By A. Sherrod Blakely November 12, 2017 6:04 PM

BOSTON – The wins just keep on coming for the Boston Celtics who survived the closest of close calls on Sunday, but still managed to cling to a 95-94 win.

DeMar DeRozan had a chance to give Toronto the victory. But Jaylen Brown’s defense was good enough to force a miss.

However, the loose ball wound up in Serge Ibaka’s hands briefly but he was unable to get his shot attempt to go in as the final horn sounded and the Celtics once again found a way to win.

Boston (12-2) has now won 12 in a row and remain the team to beat in not just the Eastern Conference … but the NBA.

Al Horford, returning to the lineup after missing two games while in the NBA’s concussion protocol program, had a strong game offensively with a team-high 21 points.

Brown (18 points) and Terry Rozier (16 points) off the bench also had big games for Boston.

As for the Raptors (7-5), DeRozan and Kyle Lowry had 24 and 19 points, respectively.

Boston spent a good chunk of the game playing from behind, but seemed to have found its stride when in the third quarter.

In the third, Boston went on a 20-6 run to lead 71-63 after a Brown 3-pointer.

The Raptors called a timeout which did them a world of good as they responded with a 10-2 spurt of their own to tie the game at 73-all with 1:44 to play in the quarter.

Toronto went ahead 76-74 late in the third, only for Rozier to have another late in the quarter 3-pointer which put Boston ahead 77-76.

The first half was one in which the Celtics would rally, make it a one-possession game only for the Raptors to go on a mini-run to keep just enough distance between themselves and the Celtics to maintain a steady amount of control.

Toronto had the game well in hand going into the half.

That is, until Rozier hit a step-back 3-pointer similar to the slide-to-the-left, step-back 3-pointer that Kyrie Irving at times will take to create space.

Rozier was fouled, and the 4-point play cut Toronto’s lead to 49-44 at the half.

Irving (minor facial fracture) did not play, with his return to the lineup very much up in the air.

I love the Celtics but this line is ridiculous:

"Boston (12-2) has now won 12 in a row and remain the team to beat in not just the Eastern Conference … but the NBA."

Come on, clearly the team to beat in the NBA is Golden State.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Steve it is easy to get carried away when you win a dozen in a row.

The Warriors are the defending champions and the team to beat.  Their offense stays in the stratosphere.

With a Healthy Gordon Hayward I believe Boston would give them a run for their money.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:26 pm

The playoffs is still 5 months away.

A lot can still happen to Golden State.

Our Celtics is for real.

I think the Celts can reach the finals.
It would be hard to beat the Warriors if they're 100%.
But like I said, the playoffs is still 5 months away.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Last night I saw Ingram try to post up, he looked really weak.

Gutsy win, except for AB, all the players we got rid of couldn't even get rotation minutes on this years team. Everyone on this years team defends manically, love what I'm seeing from Theis and Morris. I actually thought we should not have taken Theis out at crunch time of 4th as he had as good a defensive stretch as I've seen all year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Brad has his work cut out without Irving and with Smart putting up brick after brick. He is a roller coaster yet a solid option for backup pg. Larkin has been a much needed surprise. There have been so many of those. What a season from Hayward to the win streak. Irving gets hurt and we are still winning.

Tatum has more composure than any rookie I've ever seen or is tied with Bird. The foul at the end was unfortunate. He messed up but will learn from that situation and we won anyway.

I think the Celtics will make it to the Finals. I think we will win it all if healthy. We've been very competitive with Golden State over a few years. Now there is much more talent.

I would say Baynes has made a big difference, but he needs to be more careful with his strength around teammates. Marcus hit the floor and it looked like Baynes almost tore off his shoulder lifting him up. Didn't Zeller give Horford a concussion? I like physical play, but a lot of these guys take it too far. But as Tommy and Mike mentioned, when was the last time we had a real center?

Baynes and Morris is a good two-headed starter. Theis is getting it done. This is a mind-blowing team run.

The 2008 Celtics won it all in year one. Like they said on t.v., we just have to win at Brooklyn and then it's the big time show down with Golden State. Both teams will be extremely hungry. They'll want to swat us down. We'll want to show them we are in their tier.

But we've already beaten top teams while experiencing adversity.

Thankfully it is at home. I can't wait.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:42 am

dboss wrote:Ingram has nothing to do with either of them.  He plays for LAL and everyone on this board loves our 2 studs.

Dboss

I don`t think Ingram is a bust. Everybody develops at a different rate. Brown had a more NBA ready body. But yeah, I`ll take Jaylen now and in the future
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 am

fierce wrote:

Dboss

I disagree.

Most of the teams would have drafted him at #2, but I don't think Ainge would have.

If you saw the Lakers vs. Bucks game last night, you would have seen Brandon Ingram doing nothing.
It's a wasted pick.

Only thing going for Brandon Ingram is he's long, he can shoot over shorter p
He said most people (not necessarily Ainge) would have selected Ingram at # 2. Funny you should mention free throw shooting. Brown isn`t exactly Ray Allen at the free throw line either. I`m glad we have Jaylen, but it`s far too early to call Brandon Ingram a bust.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:00 am

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/post-111217-aggressive-al-horford-leads-celtics-12th-straight-win?sf165453508=1

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:16 am

Brown is playing 32 minutes a game, averaging 14.5 points, 7 rebounds and 1 assist . He`s shooting 43%, 35  from three point range and 66% from the free throw line. He`s pulling down 7 rebounds per game and handing out 1 assist. Ingram is playing 33 minutes, averaging 14.5 points, shooting 45 % from the field, 32 from three point range and 65% from the free throw line. He`s averaging 5 rebounds and 2.4 assists. I think we can all agree that Brown is a better defender. Some of that is strength and some of it might be partially a product of playing on a better defensive team. I love Jaylen Brown and would pick him over Ingram, but I don`t see how anybody can look at these remarkably similar stats and call one of them a success and the other a bust.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:18 am

jrleftfoot wrote:
fierce wrote:

Dboss

I disagree.

It's a wasted pick.

Only thing going for Brandon Ingram is he's long, he can shoot over shorter p
He said most people (not necessarily Ainge) would have selected Ingram at # 2. Funny you should mention free throw shooting. Brown isn`t exactly Ray Allen at the free throw line either. I`m glad we have Jaylen, but it`s far too early to call Brandon Ingram a bust.

This is what dboss said:

Ingram has nothing to do with either of them. He plays for LAL and everyone on this board loves our 2 studs.

Boston likely would have drafted him if they had the 2nd pick. As a matter of fact I would venture to say that most teams would have drafred the Dukie with the 7' 5" wingspan.

I am glad we had the 3rd pick. I think Jaylen will be the better pick moving forward.

Dboss

It's not too early.
From the start, Brandon Ingram had the making of a bust.
His body will never change, it's genetics.

When every player on the opposing team tries to post up Ingram, that's clearly an indication that Ingram is weak physically.

Look at Jayson Tatum's body.
Clearly it's underdeveloped, but you could already see that in a couple of years, his body will mature.

Brandon Ingram's body type is similar to that of an average human being.
That's something that can't be developed because it's genetics.

Other than body type, Ingram is not a good shooter.
He's also not a good defensive player.
So how is he not a bust as a #2 pick?

TJ was saying he expects Ingram to average 20 points per game next season.

How can a player average 20 points per game if his offense is just scoring in transition and shooting over shorter players.

I understand that some of the Celtic fans here think it's too early to declare Ingram a bust.
That's understandable.
But it won't be long before a lot of NBA fans will be calling Brandon Ingram a bust.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:25 am

jrleftfoot wrote:Brown is playing 32 minutes a game, averaging 14.5 points, 7 rebounds and 1 assist . He`s shooting 43%, 35  from three point range and 66% from the free throw line. He`s pulling down 7 rebounds per game and handing out 1 assist. Ingram is playing 33 minutes, averaging 14.5 points, shooting 45 % from the field, 32 from three point range and 65% from the free throw line. He`s averaging 5 rebounds and 2.4 assists. I think we can all agree that Brown is a better defender. Some of that is strength and some of it might be partially a product of playing on a better defensive team. I love Jaylen Brown and would pick him over Ingram, but I don`t see how anybody can look at these remarkably similar stats and call one of them a success and the other a bust.

Don't base it on stats alone.

Jaylen Brown will still improve.
His athletic ability is off the charts.

Brandon Ingram will not pass the eye test.

He's not a good shooter.
Jaylen Brown is a better 3pt shooter than Ingram right now.
Coming out of college, nobody expected Brown to be this good at the 3pt line.
Brandon Ingram was expected to be a good shooter in the NBA because he was a good 3pt shooter in college.

The making of a bust is very obvious.

- not a good shooter
- not a good defender
- not a great athlete at the NBA level
- doesn't have an NBA body
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:04 am

fierce,

You've made your point.  You have gone into great detail, which is to your credit.  Others have a different opinion, which is to wait and see.  That is a fine opinion as well.

For though they may be parted
There is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer
Let it be

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Yeah, there will be an answer
Let it be

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be

Let it be, let it be
A-let it be, yeah, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:03 am

Hi,
Yes, it was heck-of-a-game, as Mike Gorman put it.
And it is 12-2 and 12 wins in a row, which puts Celtics 2017 into 2008-2010 territory. But I would be very hesitant to compare those teams. And I don't think that Celtics have many chances against GSW in the playoffs. But in a year, with healthy and fully recovered GH plus JT and JB with 2 years of near starter-minutes experience, I'd put Celtics at 40% for #18.
For now, I'd enjoy the ride. I hope that we don't fall into BKN trap and then show GSW that we are close.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:37 am

Think it's a little premature to worry about things we cannot even predict re Ingram being a bust or not. Heck he's not our concern one way or another (unless we are playing them) arriving on different teams with different players and different coaches can easily make a player better.........or less so.

More concerned in watching this team grow game after game. we hit on a few more cylinders yesterday. No one had a "bad" game although there were the usual few bonehead plays and poor shots that happen...but they were few.

God love this defense and the rebounding/

As Tommy mentioned multiple times the thing that kept us in the game  other than the D was the extra shots we were getting due to hitting the O boards.

To shoot worse for the field (3's included) and the Foul line, yet still pull out a win ???? Impossible

Wrong...with this bunch  as KG shouted a few years ago...."anythings possible"  !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:40 am

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Yes, it was heck-of-a-game, as Mike Gorman put it.
And it is 12-2 and 12 wins in a row, which puts Celtics 2017 into 2008-2010 territory. But I would be very hesitant to compare those teams. And I don't think that Celtics have many chances against GSW in the playoffs. But in a year, with healthy and fully recovered GH plus JT and JB with 2 years of near starter-minutes experience, I'd put Celtics at 40% for #18.
For now, I'd enjoy the ride. I hope that we don't fall into BKN trap and then show GSW that we are close.

AK

And lets not forget another possible high draft pick that may very well have a significant impact by the end of next season too !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 am

What a shame to come on to a Celtics forum and see the post game thread taken over by a discussion of a dadgum Laker!

The only thing worse than that is seeing all the negativity directed at this team's chances. While Marcus Smart continues to try and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory the team is doing the opposite

The only "must win" game is the last game of the season. But like many, I will be looking for continued glimmer when the Celtics square off against GS. Everyone will need to put out their best effort but somehow I think an unsung player will be the difference maker.

It's mindboggling how this team continues to find a way to win despite the injuries. We are due a loss soon, play is getting more ragged as the streak continues. But at 12-2, it's a good day to be a Celtic fan.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 am

mulcogiseng wrote:What a shame to come on to a Celtics forum and see the post game thread taken over by a discussion of a dadgum Laker!

The only thing worse than that is seeing all the negativity directed at this team's chances. While Marcus Smart continues to try and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory the team is doing the opposite

The only "must win" game is the last game of the season. But like many, I will be looking for continued glimmer when the Celtics square off against GS. Everyone will need to put out their best effort but somehow I think an unsung player will be the difference maker.

It's mindboggling how this team continues to find a way to win despite the injuries. We are due a loss soon, play is getting more ragged as the streak continues. But at 12-2, it's a good day to be a Celtic fan.

totally agree .... lets discuss the game, Ingram stuff is for another thread !!  One I won't bother to read or discuss !
And mulcogiseng...did you happen to see who snared that final miss yesterday and was the one hugging the ball at the end of that game?

Yep among all the tall timber in the paint our energizer bunny MARCUS SMART corralled that final rebound !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 am

Beat,
RE: the Raptors final attempt. Yes, Smart got the ball but, I believe, JT was the guy who didn't allow Ibaka to cleanly catch the ball and score.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:21 am

mulcogiseng wrote:What a shame to come on to a Celtics forum and see the post game thread taken over by a discussion of a dadgum Laker!

that airball 3 was terrible

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 am

sinus007 wrote:Beat,
RE: the Raptors final attempt. Yes, Smart got the ball but, I believe, JT was the guy who didn't allow Ibaka to cleanly catch the ball and score.

AK

true BUT possession is 9 tenths of the law (so they say) or in this case outcome !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next