Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Home

+2
atcross
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Home

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2017/11/comments-from-other-side-warriors-111617.html

It's is amazing that the Celtics are 13-2...especially after losing Gorden for the season in the first game. 

Cannot wait for the 3rd quarter to "bail us out". Celtics will come out aggressive and you cannot spot them points. If they play with urgency from the get and stay with it, Celtics don't stand a chance. 

As much as I want to hate this Celtics team... I just can’t. I really like Stevens, Tatum, Hayward, and ughhhhhh KI. I think Irving is amazing, and hate that he is the difference between us being three time champs right now. I have reservations against Brown however. He talked shit to Curry in Oakland while trying to get rough with him, and Curry made it a point to follow him across the court after the half time buzzer beater last year. (We were in the middle of a long road trip and lost at home.) Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s legit….I just don’t like him!!!!

CUrry is for sure going to outplay Kyrie, especially since now, there is no Lebron James backing up Kyrie and Curry is healthy, unlike 2016 Finals.. CUrry is to put on a show and remind folks why he is by far the best point guard in the game..

There are a good number of Cal Bear fans here who'd like to see Jaylen Brown play well (in a loss, of course! Smile) …and maybe even a little Jabari Bird if the game ever gets to garbage time.

There can only be one... Winning streak that walks out of that arena alive after the game

This game's already over. Warriors by 20+.

Bos needs 2 more top 10 players to stand a chance

Stevens gets every ounce that's there out of the talent he has He's definitely Top 3 coach with Kerr and Pop 

Brad Stevens is the best coach in the NBA at the moment

Anybody that can win games playing Marcus Dumb a significant amount of minutes has to be good

If they gave out DPOY after 15 games, Horford and Smart would go 1-2

I'd love to see Dumb in the 3-point contest

He's got that DJ/Billups thing going on... Goes into the phone booth when the game is on the line 

I have really liked Horford for the last couple years Stoked to see him doing well. This is the one team I fear in the Finals- if they have Hayward back, they could give the Dubs a real headache!

My brother in law is Massachusetts born & bred and, natch, a Celtics fan. He once LOCKED ME IN HIS HOUSE to force me to watch a video about Larry Bird. For years he just laughed at me for being a Warriors fan. He had a poster of the SI cover of Russell with a handful of rings, too many to fit on his fingers. All I could say was, Russell grew up in Oakland and went to USF. What a comeback, huh?

"Still don’t have a comeback for those 11 rings…" And rightly so. They had to beat all seven of the other teams in the league to win most of those. Those were the glory days when every team was in the top ten because there were only eight teams!

You had to be forced to watch Bird videos? I am not a Celtics fan but as a basketball fan watching Bird replays is awesome, the dude was unreal. Plus he was a part of one of the most historic eras in basketball, if not the most historic.

Celtics will take Cavs to 7 hard-fought games, fall on questionable officiating. Old Cavs have nothing left for Finals. Warriors complete 16-0 playoff run.

I want the Warriors to crush the Celtics by 60 and remind them and the basketball world that there are levels to NBA dominance. Bow down and kiss the ringzzz because we THE BEST!!

Funny how the 2016 finals have really honestly made people believe that "kyrie always owns curry". We’ll see how that holds up. Time to mess with some heads, y’all!

Low scoring games are the Celtics’ specialty, so expect the Warriors to try to push the pace and see if Boston can keep up.

Boston keep up. Are you kidding me. They're like a high school track team. Brown and Tatum could run circles around the Warriors. It's like me trying to out run my German Shepherd.

But it's not a track meet, it's a basketball game. Practically every team this year has come out hard and fast against the Warriors. Problem is, they get tired, and the Warriors step up their game in the second half.

You haven't seen the Warriors play much, have you? If the Celtics try to run with the Warriors they have none chance. Zero.

Celtics have no chance in this game. They have a fake win streak playing weak east teams. W's will crush them. 

Here's hoping the Warriors shatter the myth of Celtic pride

Both teams are HOT! Right now, but we know who the champs are, and I haven't seen a better team, period dot dot dot

My two favorite teams (and anyone playing the Lakers). It will be a good game, kyrie's a tough match up, but so is KD, and Thompson and Curry...

13 wins after losing your star FA for the season in a loss to the team that knocked you out last year is pretty damn impressive.

The Homer in me wants to quibble about how narrow some of the C’s last few wins were, but they’ve pulled out some gutsy wins in the face of adversity, and have to be given their due as the hottest team in the game…and then a 30-pt beatdown to remind them their place!  Go dubs!

I'm excited about this game. And I like Kyrie. So this should be fun.

I don't like Kyrie But the dude has got mad game and also an ability to rise to the occasion.

Uncle Drew can show pretty well. 

He's got an unbelievable ability to suck early, be great at the end, and make people think he was great the entire time The sheer aesthetic impossibility of his skills overrides the usual performance evaluations. I bet people would be surprised to learn he’s shooting only 54% TS on the season.

His three point shot hasn’t been falling, then again he’s taken some really bad shots, but maybe that’s just his game. He’s been getting a lot of double teams he wouldn’t have seen with Lebron, but that’s maybe why Boston’s other players are shooting so well.

The Warriors are going to want to get the Celtics running at our pace, and I’m interested to see if Stevens lets that happen or not. These Celtics are pretty legit – great wing defenders, an often overlooked Al Horford down low, and then a couple of guys who can initiate. Very good on the glass, so I’m sure that’s going to be a point of emphasis for Kerr. I haven’t really got to watch a full Celtics game yet, but what I’ve seen has been pretty impressive and Kerr agrees, calling them the "team of the future" we are just here to remind them that the present is still ours. 

It sure as hell looks like the Celtics are going to own the East for the next few years. The Celtics are one of those long athletic teams that the Warriors struggle against sometimes, but even with their super good defense, I think KD and Steph are going to cause problems for them . The other factor that is going to be fun is the bench battle. Our bench has probably been the best in the NBA so far, The Celtics play pretty deep, but I think they are about 7 or 8 deep (versus our 10).

Horford disappears once he's getting bodied on defense He hasn’t played against many physical defenders yet so I imagine he’s in for a rude awakening tonight. He’s been hands down their best player to start the year but we all know that’s not sustainable. Win or lose I’m pumped for tonight

That defense tho…. 

Kind of shows how overrated a defender Avery Bradley was (which advanced metrics always suggested). it’s hard to make a defensive impact when your best defensive skill is shutting down opposing pgs, but you’re too small to be able switch onto larger players.

Id take someone like Marcus smart defensively over Avery Bradley any day

Warriors by 15 Also people should primarily be giving Horford the credit over Kyrie, if they are going to attribute team success to one player

Celtics have the talent, probably going to be a preview of the Finals.

Way too early for this kind of talk. Worry more about a few Western Conf teams than I do the Celts.

Expose those frauds 

I despise kyrie Irving for perpetuating the ignorant culture that is running rampant in this country

Refs are letting Boston bigs get away with some aggressive screening… will be interesting to watch that and see if they start pushing the boundaries more. 

Marcus Smart is in for Tatum    Interesting, wonder if he guards KD 

Why doesn't KD do the jump ball? He would be a hell of a lot better than Zaza at it 

I remember reading last season that Zaza was apparently very good at jump balls I couldn’t tell you why though

Probably just make him feel like he's needed for something 

They are swarming on defense right now 

Steph was grabbed by Brown on that loose ball Gonna be that kind of game

Can't wait to sweep these scrubs in the finals

Why is a guy named Gamay Beaujoulais in the NBA?

Brown is apparently just allowed to foul anyone he wants

I guess it's ok to body slam Steph tonight 

Is Boston typically this bad at shooting? They’ve missed at least 5-7 open shots that quarter

High Elbows Baines is on this team for a reason Stay clear Warriors, take it from Kyrie

Celtics are missing Avery Bradley D against the Dubs 

2 Baynes bad passes so far 

These refs are bad 

They have been bad both ways..

they seem to be letting them play both ways which i like 

Refs letting a lot of fouls go both ways.

Against literally any team they play If the refs don’t call fouls, it favors the Warriors 

Area 21 is garbage 

Dubs going into the teeth of the BOS D and scoring 

why do refs go from calling nothing to suddenly calling everything? infuriating 

Refs keeping BOS in the game 

refs taking care of BOS 

BOS D is real Dubs hurrying shots 

The Warriors dominated this game, like truly dominated Everywhere except the shooting

Refs dominated the final 2 minutes of the half though

Wow Jaylen Brown is looking like Kawhi on defense out there

Come on ref homecooking 

Wtf is Curry doing, why is he wasting fouls when he's guarding Kyrie 

Refs are the biggest challenge right now to the Warriors 

Refs halftime meeting: get Curry out ASAP 

Celtics in the bonus with 8 minutes to go. 

It's okay - with these refs the Ws will be in the bonus shortly no later than May 2019, for sure. 

Warriors about to go on a run. All of a sudden the whistles start blowing

It’s obvious. The refs want to balance the game.

we’re lucky Boston hasn’t been able to shoot at all, with this atrocious reffing this is exactly the type of game where we lose composure

KD vs Tatum in the ref’s eyes who is the rookie?

Lets be honest When the warriors care about the game There is no team that can hang with them without league intervention   And even then it barely evens it up it’s frustrating to watch but imagine if you were some billion dollar industry and a team was basically running the table on win probabilities Gotta do something

They're the two best teams in the league Of course they want to make this game more interesting lol

No way is Boston the second best team in the league Give me Houston at the very least, Spurs when Kawhi comes back too

Kyrie with the pass to no one That mask must have got in the….nvm 

Clearly the gravitation pull of the Earth threw it off Wait, no, that’s fake

Worst officiating of the year I’ve been pretty satisfied with the officiating this year… but this is not one of those nights.

That non call on the klay dunk will easily be the worst call of the year (MY NOTE:  Replay showed no foul)

Steph is playing horrrrrrrrible 

Steph's jumper is broken 

Dude definitely sucks

Why aren't they playing hard? 

when you know the refs aren't going to help you it's a bit draining the free throw disparity this quarter is egregious 

Curry hasn't made a single good decision since he came back in the game lol 

They're getting picked by children Haha 

Let's hope KD and Klay can carry us in the 4th 

You mean 4-12 Klay? 

Still better than 1-9 steph 

Good for BOS Clearly they want this more right now and are hustling way more

60-70 percent of their points that quarter were from the line 

19-2 run, wow 

Very impressive actually Celtics are pretty average offensively so they feeling it

Thank Stevens for taking out Brown... Dude was balling.

Prediction Kyrie will play well in the fourth, and then people will act like he played great all game.  (MY NOTE:  Timing is everything)

BOS actually looks like they care, GS seems upset about calls so they lack energy. 

It’s hard to get out into transition when every Celtic possession ends in free throws.

Both our color guys complain about calls, difference is no one takes Tommy seriously

Heinsohn transcends critique at this point.

I have never seen a game where this board didn't dry about calls. 

Wanted a good game, got a bunch of shitty refs instead

refs not cause steph to play like crap 

If Boston gets into the Bonus early, it's gonna be hard to get a W 

Kyrie owns the Warriors 

If these refs stay on the floor it will be hard to get a win 

On the road, against the team with the best record, a tough whistle in the third quarter And the Warriors are still gonna win

Why is KD complaining He definitely fouled Tatum

Everyone complains these days 

Refs give Dubs a break, send Dray to the line 

Celtics got really lucky with how that rebound bounced 

This game and the way they're letting it slip away has gotten to the heads of the Warriors 

Good game. C's are hard nosed and disciplined, and it's taking them a long way 

It's only a regular season game, and I'm super nervous 

Because they blew the lead(though they might still win the game) To the other powerhouse team in the league, so it feels bigger than a normal game.

it's not even against a team we'll likely see in the finals lol 

These fouls though at this point, the refs have convinced me that they’re legit 

They deserve to win this game tbh 

This I know... They have heart and poise and can play defense

Why are the Celtics getting so many FTs?! 

That one was actually a foul. Not sure if we get the same call going the other way though, not tonight. 

What a shitty game Refs ruined this one

Refs? Lol Dubs choked pure and simple. Did it a few times earlier in the season last year though too, so it really isn’t that big of a deal. And they might still win though even if they do it will feel like a loss

Nah, if they win, it'll be a good win Imo 

For the Celtics yeah, not so much for the Warriors. Not with the way they've played here down the stretch. 

What a lame way to lose 

FTs: Warriors: 12/19 Celtics: 31/36 

Why does this team always blow leads? Lol 

Totally rigged Gotta create that narrative

Refs put Boston ahead with 14 seconds left

Dubs spend the last 10 million possessions jacking up 3's because they're too rattled to play like themselves Boston on the other hand simply drives to the paint and gets to the line, which is what GS should be doing if they weren’t in choke mode. Smh… 

Christmas came early for the Celtics So many gifts from the refs

I'm not into conspiracies and all that junk, but ... Some of these foul calls are just ridiculous 

Hahah What a terrible game they played

They played really well until the refs totally took over 

I don't see how sketchy rigged officiating makes for a better product. 

Huge # of Warrior shots were hurried --own fault and BOS D 

BUT the foul-award disparity was dicey 

They deserve this loss When you play like crap, you should lose.

They played great defense. And boston played like bigger crap. Boston deserved to lose a lot more than the Warriors. 

Top players: 
1. James Capers
2. Tyler Ford
3. Pat Fraher

the nba is squandering the warriors with lame ass shit like this 

I don't blame the refs, BOS wanted it more, aggressive D, getting deflections and steals. Warriors got rattled and shot poorly.

Boston did not "want it more" What does that even mean. The Warriors played their asses off.

It means warriors missed shots 

This is a fun game! Boston got some heart 

The refs were totally in favor of the Celtics tonight and I’m willing to admit that.  (MY NOTE:  what a big man it takes for a fan to admit the refs favored the other team.  LOL)

If we’re gonna lose I prefer to lose because the other team was just better, not because it was 8 on 5. Oh well, regular season doesn’t matter

Usually don't care about regular season losses But this one was BAD. Not just you’re typical loss. This opponent seems to know how to beat the Warriors, has their number, has them mentally rattled, and if they meet in the finals at this point I don’t know who would win.

The worst POSSIBLE thing that could have happened was for GS to lose like this(blowing a huge lead and then getting out-clutched down the stretch). I can’t stress enough how big this is for Boston if these teams meet in the finals, they’ve already had a good amount of success against this Dubs team in the Curry/Klay era, so factor in this epic meltdown tonight in this marquee NBA matchup and things are not looking good. ******’ Celtics got themselves a serious juggernaut in the making that seems to specialize in being able to beat the Warriors.

The Cavs had a huge comeback win last year on Xmas Didn’t matter. Regular season is the regular season.

This Celtics team is different They know how to beat the Dubs using elite defense, and it throws the Dubs off their game and really seems to frustrate them.

I promise you, no they aren't, and no they don't 

They aren't different than the Cavs teams we've seen these past 2 seasons? Yes they are. They can play elite defense, and they have elite coaching. The Cavs were all firepower and LBJ going superman on offense. Notice the only game they could hang with GS in the finals was cuz their offense went off? Wasn’t because of lock down defense. 

You don’t see how this Boston team and their style and coaching and system and youthful superstar potential talent+Kyrie(who has clutch history against GS) is a problem moving forward? I do.

They're no match for LeBron in the Playoffs Their perimeter defense is very good, but their front line is weak. Come May, LeBron is gonna bully his way past Morris and Horford for 5-6 games and bounce them again.

This would be a five game series if it was the playoffs, dude No chance

Even if you're right You can’t let the refs get to you to such an extent that the greatest ball moving assist machine offense of all time just starts jacking up rushed 3’s. If a few bad calls(which happens to EVERYONE, get used to it) throw you that far off you’re game, that’s on YOU, not anyone else.

Refs sucked But the Warriors are also so talented it doesn’t matter if they play their game. 

Ws shouldn't be giving up a 19-0 run 

Boston and the NBA wins. Rigged no. Controlled yes 

Ref game. But congrats on the win, Celtics. Lol. 

The Warriors did shoot terribly .... And I’m not going to give a ton of credit to Boston’s defense for it. The Warriors still should have won this game. Oh well lol 

Head ref for tonight's game is now 10-0 when officiating a game for a home team when the visitor is a favorite 

I'm more upset that it was Kyrie who basically won it in the end (PTSD) I would have preferred if Jaylen Brown slammed it home to win 

I feel like Kyrie didn't do enough to allow people to act like he played brilliantly the entire time (like they do with the 2016 Finals and last year's Christmas game) So I’m chalking the game up as a W

If this Celtics team adds Gordon Heyward AND Brown and Tatum continue to blossom into allstars, forget about it its over. GS needs to rack up as many rings as they can before its too late.

Feel like even for over reacting, this is over the top

The Warriors treated this game like a regular season game...not a lot of fight. The Celtics wanted it WAY more. Also, that was probably the worst game I’ve seen Curry play in a LONG time...maybe ever. He just didn’t look interested for whatever reason.

Been a while since I’ve been so pissed after a Warriors game. Warriors didn’t play well, but Boston played worse. This is utter BS.

Credit Boston for putting up a fight and never giving up, but the refs decided the game. Total BS. 

Refs decided the game? No, they ruined it! 

Boston played hard....the fact the referees were utterly biased only helped their cause. But hey, hopefully we can play them in the Finals

Real recap: Refs win. Bullshit bullshit bullshit. Call it what it is. That was a job. No doubt.

Quit whine by about the fouls, they got totally outplayed tonight, no excuses

Yah the refs. Credit to Celtics defense. But you can’t expect klay and curry to shoot that percentage in a game and win. For it to be a close game is enough. If a team can hold our offense to 88 pts that’s good defense and bad shooting percentage from our team, and maybe a lot of turnovers.

Ok fine...if you want to call draymond for a foul on that last kyrie layup...fine But are you really going to tell me that was a foul, but curry, durant, and klay can get hugged and slapped on the way to the basket and it is NOT a foul…get real…

That being said…starters played atrocious. Credit Jaylen Brown…dude is a pest. We only outscored them in the 1st quarter….they beat us every quarter after that. That 19-2 run they had to end the 3rd really was the warriors playing Stupid basketball.

This game was an anomaly and the reffing was putrid. No sweat. We win 19 out of 20 7-game series against this Celtics team.

Against this team, yea you are right, but next year they will f.... Us. Gordon will be healhy, Tatum, Brown, Smart, Rozier will be better too. They will have bodies on our best players with the best defense and the best coach. Also they will be younger and hungrier.

Well. Personally I'm finding it hard to even watch all the games due to my certainty, barring injuries, that we will win the title with relative ease so I guess it's good that someone's got some panic in their soul.

There aren't many games where The GS backcourt is in foul trouble. In fact I can think of only one other game and it too was poorly officiated.

On a lighter note Jaylen Brown really impressed me – He’s turning into a legit 2-way player.

Tatum was -18 for the game. 

"As I've said a million times before" (lol) Brown is far better than Tatum 

Crazy talk. Both of those dudes are nice, and Tatum is gonna be a stud.

The Warriors will win the next one against Boston by at least 20 points 

January 27, 2018 Let’s Go!

Good you marked that game for me. I will boycott that one. 

Some folks need to chill - This loss literally means nothing other than a little embarrassment on national TV

Regarding foul on Kyrie, after watching the video again, Warriors outsider guys said that Horford was poised to tip it in even if the foul wasn’t called. Still refs were bad no matter. 

And good effort by the Celtics. They won, not exactly fair and square, but that **** happens all the time both for and against us so credit to them.

38 fta for them and 19 FTA for us, 2 to 1 However you have to give them credit, they couldn’t shoot, so they drove to the basket and got calls. We didn’t deserve it be because we forced off balanced, rushed 3’s, when we probably should have drove it as well. Its OK, we’ll hopefully learn from games like this.

That was bad. Be real. We never get home cooking like that. The refs were trash, and that game could have been fun. But instead it was a sham. Wow.

Credit to Celtics defense. But you can’t expect klay and curry to shoot that percentage in a game and win. For it to be a close game is enough. If a team can hold our offense to 88 pts that’s good defense and bad shooting percentage from our team, and maybe a lot of turnovers.

Boston wasn’t too much for us. But twice as many free throws were. Take that for data

Has nothing to do with GS having all jumpshooters and Boston having guys that attack the hoop…..

The refs were horrid yes But you don’t let the opponent go on a 19-0 run just because of the refs. At least, score 2 points lol That foul that Kyrie got at the very end was the most annoying though. That was barely anything, and that’s never called at the end of games.

Anyways not the greatest officiating but full credit to the Celts. They saw where the line of demarcation had been set for them as far as how physical they could get, and they took full advantage of it. That’s what great teams do.

it’s easy to predict where and when these horribly officiated games will happen. In Cleveland/Houston and now we can add Boston to this list. Surprising spurs/okc don’t get gifts like this, not large enough markets? Or far enough east?

Steph don’t change your game But get rid of the micro dreads, they’ve thrown you off. Ayesha – please take action!

He now reminds me Of a chocolate donut with sprinkles every time I watch him.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Home Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Home

Post by atcross Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Some people need to have the 'L' and the 'O' removed from their keyboard. lol

atcross

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Home Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Home

Post by wideclyde Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Well, if it wasn't the refs it must have been Marcus Smart who stole this game from the Warriors.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Some arrogance but not as much as I was anticipating.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:04 pm

That one guy doesn't think we can run with them, we can get right in their faces, have more team speed and depth. They are healthy, if we had Hayward we can even outshoot them. They have a match up soon with 76ers, I'm predicting a Philly win with Embid going off inside the paint and frankly am more worried long term of Philly than GS.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:That one guy doesn't think we can run with them, we can get right in their faces, have more team speed and depth. They are healthy, if we had Hayward we can even outshoot them. They have a match up soon with 76ers, I'm predicting a Philly win with Embid going off inside the paint and frankly am more worried long term of Philly than GS.

Yup, long term, Philly is beginning to scare me too. Simmons and Embiid are looking pretty damn good. Hopefully Simmons never develops an outside shot - if he does, look out. Still think Philly is a few years away, but they are much better than i thought they would be. Will be good to have Boston-Philly rivalry again.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:That one guy doesn't think we can run with them, we can get right in their faces, have more team speed and depth. They are healthy, if we had Hayward we can even outshoot them. They have a match up soon with 76ers, I'm predicting a Philly win with Embid going off inside the paint and frankly am more worried long term of Philly than GS.

Yup, long term, Philly is beginning to scare me too. Simmons and Embiid are looking pretty damn good. Hopefully Simmons never develops an outside shot - if he does, look out. Still think Philly is a few years away, but they are much better than i thought they would be. Will be good to have Boston-Philly rivalry again.

Assuming Embiid can actually stay on the court, yeah, they could be scary good in a few years.  Embiid alone is enough to keep me awake at night.

Just in time for Simmons and Saric and Fultz to demand max contracts like what we've seen happen in Washington.  Now they have zero cap flexibility.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:48 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:

Assuming Embiid can actually stay on the court, yeah, they could be scary good in a few years.  Embiid alone is enough to keep me awake at night.

Just in time for Simmons and Saric and Fultz to demand max contracts like what we've seen happen in Washington.  Now they have zero cap flexibility.

bob

Good point about the contracts all coming up at the same time. Not sure Saric eill be max, but he is going to get paid. I hope Fultz gets past this messed start.. I'm glad we have Tatum and the extra pick, but Fultz has talent and seems like good kid - hope the 76ers dont ruin him.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down