Game 4 - How to win

2 posters

Go down

Game 4 - How to win Empty Game 4 - How to win

Post by dboss Sun May 09, 2010 11:50 am

As game time approaches, I've been sitting around watching the clock and contemplating how the Celtics will play this afternoon.

One thing is for sure. It would be difficult to imagine another performance from them like the one they turned in in game 3 on Friday.

PP has not played well so my first concern is not that he will play poorly but that he will try to do too much given the importance of the game and the responsibility he may feel to carry the team on his shoulders. He must trust in his teamates, dig in deep on defense and simply go out and do the fundamental things that are needed to be competitve.

The Celtics must be very careful not to get their bigs in foul trouble too early. I just have no confidence that we can depend on Wallace to come in and be a factor. There will be a thin line between agressive play and playing smart basketball. However the refs seem to favor the aggressor so Boston needs to get to the rim early and often.

The ball needs to move better on offense. Rondo's 9 for 17 showing was over 50% but we do not need for him to put up 17 shots. As I have indciated before, the offense should flow from Rondo to KG and to Ray Allen. If PP chooses to move without the ball and take advantage of screens Rondo will find him.

Lebron may go off and score 50 but it will be the other matchups in this game that matter the most.

The Celtics have to make a decison here. Either you double team Lebron when he has the ball or you play him straight up. But unless PP can stay in front of him he will exploit the defense by getting by Pierce and exposing the rotation to his drives to the rim, and opening the lanes for offensive rebounds. The first rotation is usually there but it has been the secondary rotations that have left the Celtics vulnerable in the paint and on the perimeter.

Three things

The Celtics should be willing to switch it up on the defense by mixing more zone coverages with lightning quick rotations to shut down the perimeter and the circle.

The Celtics need to put a body on their man and go get the rebound.

The Celtics need to hold their collective heads up and play the game with pride and a lot of heart.

This game could very well be the end of the big three. If they lose they are unlikely to win 3 in a row.

But we have seen them find a way to win bigs games in the past. They were embarassed in game 3 because the cavs are not that good and they know that.

My prediction: The series will be tied 2-2 after today.

Keep the faith...Go Celtics!

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Game 4 - How to win Empty Re: Game 4 - How to win

Post by 112288 Sun May 09, 2010 12:04 pm

1)Play tough Defense and if you are going to foul please hit your man hard enough so he gets to know "The Red Auerback" Parque Floor!

2) Stop walking the ball up the floor....Run...Run ...Run and they will not have time to set up on defense!

3) Pass ...pass... pass and get a man open and don't let Rondo keep trying to hit 3 pters!

Back to top Go down