This and That

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:14 pm

Mark Medina: Steve Kerr was asked if he knows the secret hallways at United Center after he played for the Bulls. Kerr joked he’ll use those pathways to sneak into the Bulls locker room if Fred Hoiberg upsets him – via Twitter MarkG_Medina



bob



.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37554
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Trevor Ariza and Gerald Green suspended 2 games each for Clippers incident.


bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37554
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Stephen A(sshole) Smith losing it over Fultz and LaVar:






bob




.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37554
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Funny stuff.

I loved Fultz and he cannot even get on the court.

Danny knew something was amiss.

Dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8190
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by cowens/oldschool on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:38 am

I hear some say what a great year KO is having? Last night in 20 minutes 2 rebounds and 0-4 from 3 in a loss, seems he’ll always be same softie to me.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by kdp59 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:54 am

Kelly's numbers have been consistently in line with his past years here.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/olynyke01.html


if you look at his per 36 minutes it kinda stick out like a bad man bun!

he is what he has always been, to me a solid rotational player that can do some things well and some not so much. Those of us that wanted more , were always left wanting and those who felt he shouldn't even be in the NBA are just as baffled.

barring injuries , he'll play 10 or more years in the NBA and if LUCKY may get a chance to be on a championship team (though not as a starter).

avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:16 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I hear some say what a great year KO is having? Last night in 20 minutes 2 rebounds and 0-4 from 3 in a loss, seems he’ll always be same softie to me.


Cow,

Kdp is right, Kelly's numbers /minute are in line with what we've seen all along, maybe even up slightly in scoring and rebounding.

Tatum has bad games.  Jaylen has bad games.  Kyrie has bad games.  Horford has bad games.  If you just look at a single game score and extrapolate out from there you are likely to run into games where you are dead wrong, not just for Kelly but for these other players as well.  Horford is having one of the best years of his, already, 4x All Star career but we've seen him have bad games stat-wise and eyetest-wise as well.

You don't like Kelly, so you glomm onto a bad game and use it reinforce your already-made opinion.  That's where stats come in handy, because numbers don't care about how awkward he is or whether he has alligator arms, they just care if he gets the job done or not and can prove it.


bob



.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37554
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by jrleftfoot on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:I hear some say what a great year KO is having? Last night in 20 minutes 2 rebounds and 0-4 from 3 in a loss, seems he’ll always be same softie to me.


Cow,

Kdp is right, Kelly's numbers /minute are in line with what we've seen all along, maybe even up slightly in scoring and rebounding.

Tatum has bad games.  Jaylen has bad games.  Kyrie has bad games.  Horford has bad games.  If you just look at a single game score and extrapolate out from there you are likely to run into games where you are dead wrong, not just for Kelly but for these other players as well.  Horford is having one of the best years of his, already, 4x All Star career but we've seen him have bad games stat-wise and eyetest-wise as well.

You don't like Kelly, so you glomm onto a bad game and use it reinforce your already-made opinion.  That's where stats come in handy, because numbers don't care about how awkward he is or whether he has alligator arms, they just care if he gets the job done or not and can prove it.


bob



.

+1. Olynyk murdered us. Posting the stats from that game would be just as meaningless.
avatar
jrleftfoot

Posts : 656
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by cowens/oldschool on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Anyone watching my Nets? They are at Oklahoma up 49-41 and my crew of Dinwiddie, Harris and Lavert are taking it to Thunder. All 3 are gonna make it hard for Russell to get all his playing time, as these guys are blossoming. I would easily take anyone of them over Marcus Smart in a heartbeat.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:04 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Anyone watching my Nets? They are at Oklahoma up 49-41 and my crew of Dinwiddie, Harris and Lavert are taking it to Thunder. All 3 are gonna make it hard for Russell to get all his playing time, as these guys are blossoming. I would easily take anyone of them over Marcus Smart in a heartbeat.


Tied up with 7 left.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37554
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by kdp59 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:09 pm

Dinwiddle or JOE Harris over Smart?

you gotta be kidding me........ Shocked
avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by Phil Pressey on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Smart's playing miserable all year for offense. He needs to wake up. Olynyk is also a disappointment for passing numbers, imho. For someone who used to be a guard, his ratio is garbage. Smart doesn't have to be Rondo, but he needs to get back to efficient assist stats.

Cowens should go after Zeller. Olynyk is who he is, a career NBA guy. I'd be surprised if Zeller got another contract. He never improved. Olynyk is good because he improved at defense and it's undeniable he is a positive on offense.

A lot of us like to root for former Celtics as long as they are not the direct opponent.

Cowens, Kelly's shooting stats are off the charts into Tatum territory.

I'd trade Smart for a real point guard who isn't a sieve on defense.
avatar
Phil Pressey

Posts : 1959
Join date : 2017-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 am

kdp59 wrote:Dinwiddle or JOE Harris over Smart?

you gotta be kidding me........ Shocked

If you see them play game in and game out, they are both 6’6” guards, one plays the point better than Smart and the other plays the 2 better than Smart. They don’t defend as good as Smart, their defense is not too bad, but their offense is so much better and both came out of no where and have improved rapidly. Smart has a good offensive game every 4th or 5th game, otherwise his lack of offense kills you.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by kdp59 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:40 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
kdp59 wrote:Dinwiddle or JOE Harris over Smart?

you gotta be kidding me........ Shocked

If you see them play game in and game out, they are both 6’6” guards, one plays the point better than Smart and the other plays the 2 better than Smart. They don’t defend as good as Smart, their defense is not too bad, but their offense is so much better and both came out of no where and have improved rapidly. Smart has a good offensive game every 4th or 5th game, otherwise his lack of offense kills you.


OK...see you in 5 more years and we'll see who is still in the NBA and who is not.

LaVert.....yeah, he has skills I agree. But the other two are scrubs
avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:50 am

I first started noticing Lavert, a skilled 6’8” point wing, then as I noticed him, I couldn’t help noticing Harris and Dinwiddie, nobody gave these guys anything, they had to scrap and hustle and earn their playing time and they can play.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:00 pm

Watching the Wiz/Thunder game. Kelly Oubre is the reigning king of incredibly dumb fouls (the crown being in semi-retirement since Kenyon Martin retired).



bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37554
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Sick dunk by Westbrook just now!!! he’s killing John Wall this game. Wall is having a bad year.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:37 pm

James picks Kyrie and Durant for all-star team
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8190
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:40 pm

Kind of funny, huh? Wonder how Kyrie feels about that?
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17329
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:42 pm

Maybe he will demand a trade to team Curry lol
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8190
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:20 pm





bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37554
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Cavs got the shit beat out of them
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:42 am






bob



.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37554
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by dboss on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:58 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Cavs got the shit beat out of them
I watched the game and it was a beat down from the beginning to the end.

This team has lost their collective will to fight.

Dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8190
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by gyso on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:08 am

LeBron James: They should take Cavaliers off nationally televised games

https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-james-cavaliers-off-nationally-150012417.html

Saturday night, the Cavaliers were routed by the Rockets on a nationally televised game by 32 points, a game where Cleveland’s defense was listless. Two weeks before that, in another nationally televised game against one of the NBA’s best (Oklahoma City), Cleveland gave up 148 and lost by 24.

It’s been ugly, and not just on Saturday night — Cleveland has lost its last eight nationally televised games by an average of 18 points (stat via ESPN).

LeBron James said after the latest loss he doesn’t know why they struggle so much in these games, but he knows one solution — get the Cavaliers off of national television. Via Brian Windhorst of ESPN.

“I’m lost for words, actually,” James said, referring to the Cavs’ streak on national TV. “They should take us off every nationally televised game for the rest of the season. We haven’t played good ball and we get our butts kicked every time we play on national television, so I’m at a loss for words.”

LeBron was half joking, but just to be clear it’s not happening. The Cavaliers may be a train wreck, but train wrecks draw eyeballs. People tune in to see the carnage. So long as LeBron is in Cleveland they will be on national television. A lot.

Why is Cleveland struggling on nationally televised games? First, because they are not a good defensive team (28th in the NBA this season), and bad defensive teams lose games. Their offense took a step back this season and isn’t good enough to cover it up.

Second, because they are giving terrible efforts in these games (which is not going to cost Tyronn Lue his job). That starts with LeBron himself, who was slow to get back on defensive possessions in the first quarter against Houston and helped set a tone of lackadaisical effort that permeated the roster.

And finally, because these nationally televised games are almost always against other elite teams in the NBA, and those teams are light years ahead of the Cavs right now. People will tune in to see Cleveland vs. Houston, but switch out the Rockets for the Magic and who’s watching?

_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 12488
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum