This and That

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: This and That

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:40 pm

Cavs with a hard earned statement game, beating Raptors without Thompson, Nance and Korver. Jeff Green, yes that Jeff Green with outstanding defense on DeRozen and Zizic actually looking decent, doing enough big man things to earn some minutes....and Lebron was his usual great self.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13858
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by steve3344 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:09 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Cavs with a hard earned statement game, beating Raptors without Thompson, Nance and Korver. Jeff Green, yes that Jeff Green with outstanding defense on DeRozen and Zizic actually looking decent, doing enough big man things to earn some minutes....and Lebron was his usual great self.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cavaliers-beat-raptors-become-first-015442780.html

steve3344

Posts : 3850
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:18 pm

https://www.myajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-felony-charges-recommended-dennis-schroder-battery-case/4tIeajVBWsirRRMV965huM/



Felony charges recommended in Dennis Schroder’s battery case



SPORTS By Michael Cunningham    






Posted: 11:44 a.m. Tuesday, March 27, 2018



Hawks guard Dennis Schroder’s misdemeanor case has been transferred to the DeKalb County District Attorney’s office with the recommendation that it be prosecuted as felony aggravated battery, according to court records.

Brookhaven Police arrested Schroder and three other men on misdemeanor battery charges on Sept. 29. Police said that a video recording of the incident showed Schroder “initiate contact” with the victim and that all four arrested individuals later struck the victim with their hands and feet. Police had responded to a call about a fight in a shopping center parking lot on Buford Highway.

Schroder’s scheduled arraignment on Jan. 4 for the misdemeanor charge was postponed because of a scheduling error, according to court records. In a Feb. 26 letter to DeKalb District Attorney Sherry Boston, DeKalb Assistant Solicitor-General Tommy McNulty wrote that all four defendants should be prosecuted for aggravated battery because they “maliciously” caused bodily harm that resulted in “serious damage to the victim’s knee and leg.”

“The victim’ s medical records . . . indicate that the victim suffered a torn meniscus and a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL),” McNulty wrote to Boston. “These injuries require multiple surgeries and extensive rehabilitation. As such, this case should be handled by the District Attorney’ s Office.”

The disposition of the case was transferred to the district attorney on March 6. A spokesperson for DA Boston’s office did not immediately respond to messages requesting comment on the status of the case.

According to Georgia law, a person convicted of aggravated battery faces a maximum prison sentence of 20 years.

The Hawks said they had no comment Schroder’s case being recommended for felony charges.

In October, the Hawks announced that Schroder would be disciplined by the team once his court case is resolved. The team said its preliminary investigation determined that Schroder was involved in a “physical altercation” prior to his arrest.

“That behavior is unacceptable, will not be tolerated by the Hawks organization, and will result in discipline for Dennis at the appropriate time once the matter has been more fully developed through the law enforcement process and otherwise,” Hawks general manager Travis Schlenk said in the statement released in October. “Dennis has accepted responsibility for his actions. He looks forward to learning from this incident and focusing on the season.”

Schroder has not publicly commented on the details of the incident that led to his arrest. In the days following his arrest, Schroder said: “I think we are all human beings. Everybody makes mistakes.”



bob
MY NOTE:  Prisons are filled with people who "made mistakes".  As if things couldn't get worse for the Hawks franchise.  They're trying to hold a fire sale on a team that has just completely burned down to ashes.


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by Sandpd on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:35 pm

bobheckler wrote:https://www.myajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-felony-charges-recommended-dennis-schroder-battery-case/4tIeajVBWsirRRMV965huM/



Felony charges recommended in Dennis Schroder’s battery case



SPORTS By Michael Cunningham    






Posted: 11:44 a.m. Tuesday, March 27, 2018



Hawks guard Dennis Schroder’s misdemeanor case has been transferred to the DeKalb County District Attorney’s office with the recommendation that it be prosecuted as felony aggravated battery, according to court records.

Brookhaven Police arrested Schroder and three other men on misdemeanor battery charges on Sept. 29. Police said that a video recording of the incident showed Schroder “initiate contact” with the victim and that all four arrested individuals later struck the victim with their hands and feet. Police had responded to a call about a fight in a shopping center parking lot on Buford Highway.

Schroder’s scheduled arraignment on Jan. 4 for the misdemeanor charge was postponed because of a scheduling error, according to court records. In a Feb. 26 letter to DeKalb District Attorney Sherry Boston, DeKalb Assistant Solicitor-General Tommy McNulty wrote that all four defendants should be prosecuted for aggravated battery because they “maliciously” caused bodily harm that resulted in “serious damage to the victim’s knee and leg.”

“The victim’ s medical records . . . indicate that the victim suffered a torn meniscus and a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL),” McNulty wrote to Boston. “These injuries require multiple surgeries and extensive rehabilitation. As such, this case should be handled by the District Attorney’ s Office.”

The disposition of the case was transferred to the district attorney on March 6. A spokesperson for DA Boston’s office did not immediately respond to messages requesting comment on the status of the case.

According to Georgia law, a person convicted of aggravated battery faces a maximum prison sentence of 20 years.

The Hawks said they had no comment Schroder’s case being recommended for felony charges.

In October, the Hawks announced that Schroder would be disciplined by the team once his court case is resolved. The team said its preliminary investigation determined that Schroder was involved in a “physical altercation” prior to his arrest.

“That behavior is unacceptable, will not be tolerated by the Hawks organization, and will result in discipline for Dennis at the appropriate time once the matter has been more fully developed through the law enforcement process and otherwise,” Hawks general manager Travis Schlenk said in the statement released in October. “Dennis has accepted responsibility for his actions. He looks forward to learning from this incident and focusing on the season.”

Schroder has not publicly commented on the details of the incident that led to his arrest. In the days following his arrest, Schroder said: “I think we are all human beings. Everybody makes mistakes.”



bob
MY NOTE:  Prisons are filled with people who "made mistakes".  As if things couldn't get worse for the Hawks franchise.  They're trying to hold a fire sale on a team that has just completely burned down to ashes.


.

Sorry to hear about Schroder's  “physical altercation” and arrest. I always thought he was a tough opponent who constantly pestered the C's with his aggressive style of play.
avatar
Sandpd

Posts : 1853
Join date : 2017-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:23 am

Just in case you took your eyes off the ball, the Cavalier's hold on the #3 spot is only 1/2 game, with Philly hot on their heels.

Should be a fun finish to watch. From our perspective, assuming we make it through the first round (NOT a given with all our injuries) would we rather face Cleveland or Philly in the next round?


bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:34 am

Cleveland? Philly has given us fits this year. They are on a roll right now and playing decent ball Looks like Love may be out again with concussion protocol
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17611
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by mulcogiseng on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:46 pm

As I've said before any team with LeBron on it will always be susceptible to losing to the Celtics. (Please don't look up the w/l record lol)

But no need for preference. They will both fall.
avatar
mulcogiseng

Posts : 999
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Los Angeles Lakers

Verified account

@Lakers
Follow Follow @Lakers
More
MEDICAL UPDATE: Isaiah Thomas will undergo arthroscopic surgery to his right hip tomorrow, it was announced today.

An update will be provided following the completion of the surgery.


bob
MY NOTE: Get well quick, Little Guy.



.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by dboss on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:57 pm

In the end he needed surgery.  He should have did that after the season ended last year.  

The delay in getting the hip issue resolved has really hurt his opportunity to get paid.  Look for him to rehab for 5 months.  Teams will be reluctant to offer him anything more than a one year deal.  That deal is likely to be for short money.  

It is a shame that this has happened to him.  If he had opted for surgery last summer he probably could not have been traded by Boston.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8366
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by mulcogiseng on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:33 pm

Serves him right if you ask me. Worcester went on endlessly about the need for surgery yet he ignored that great advice. lol! OTOH it is going to cost him greatly. He never returned to any kind of real form once he was able to play again. Hopefully the surgery is a success and he gets back on the court again next year. A one year deal isn't a real problem. If he can get back to any kind of elite level he will end up getting at least a mini Brinks truck. If not he has been paid millions and millions of dollars so far in his career so he should be alright. Call next year a wash with his rehab, he still should have 3-5 years of solid play still ahead of him.
avatar
mulcogiseng

Posts : 999
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 pm

I can't say it serves him right. He got many opinions, we will never know if any or all suggested surgery. I believe if he got more than one recommendation from a doctor, the Celtics would have encouraged him to do it and get back to himself after rehabbing.

What has happened to him is a shame. He will never make the money he was looking for or as far as I can tell, earned, while here in Boston. It looks like he put the payday ahead of his health. I have to wonder, if he never got the urging from the Celtics doctors, will he try to sue someone for misdiagnosing him?

I feel so sorry for him, this is one of those sports stories where a guy fought and fought, landed at the top of the heap, and fell flat on his face. Too bad, he gave everything he had to the Celtics.
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17611
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by dboss on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:46 pm

We discussed the surgery issue last year.  From what I recall the Celtics medical staff thought it could be managed.  After reviewing medical drawing and articles it seemed clear to me he needed surgery and I have no medical background.  His hip situation required surgery.  I asked Worcester opinion about this.  

So who made the decision?  

In either case it would be difficult to fault IT.  

If he can get healthy he will still be an offensive weapon in the right offense.  Hope he gets there
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8366
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by dboss on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:02 pm

IT is not the only player who may be forced to a hit to their new salary.

Marcus Smart finds himself in a similar situation.  With few CAP space teams Boston may end up keeping Smart for another year at the qualifying offer of just over $6 million.  The following year Smart would become an unrestricted free agent,  who could still end up signing with Boston.

Smarts injury history and emotional harmful outburst may further dull a market for a big payday this year.

The Celtics should do everything they can to retain Smart.  Next year the Celtics are likely to be the best team in the NBA, provided that Hayward is ready.

Future picks over the next 3 years give Boston the ability to add another stud through the draft.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8366
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:16 pm

There is no doubt they are going to lose Rozier after next year unless something drastic happens. The kid wants to start, period. He is good, I will give him that, but I wonder, how will he be on a different team where the pressure would be on him to be the leader in the backcourt. He has done a wonderful job holding his own right now, but, I just wonder. I know one thing, he will be looking for major money next year.

These are the concerns of building a team with young players who become better as time goes on. In the case of the Warriors, they had veterans who were looking to get a title and willing to take a back seat to their starters. I don't see this happening here, guys happy to be coming off the bench to be willing to build a second unit and go for broke.

I could see us losing both these players at some point.
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17611
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by dboss on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Rosalie

I think they keep Smart because his salary should be reasonable.  Terry is under contract next year and the following year they have a player option.  Terry has already developed into a soild by backup PG who will bring great value if Danny makes another block buster trade. I do not see that happening unless a big with a particular set of skills becomes available.  For at least the next season I think they remain with the Celtics.  Also Danny would have traded Smart if they had no plans to retain him.  

Of all of Danny's picks over the past 4 years Terry may be his best given his draft position.  

I am obviously very optimistic.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8366
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:09 pm

It's funny because so many people were screaming about Danny picking Rozier ans wasting the pick. The kid has really developed. I really think the crazy money is beginning to dry up, so you may be absolutely right when it comes to Smart. Too much stuff has gone on this year for some teams with the cap space to spend it on him. The one team I believe may try to pry him loose is Indy.

I just worry about Rozier's attitude since he has been given the chance to show off this year. Sitting on the bench until your number is called (early or not), he believes he should be starting all the time.
Brad made a funny remark one night when he said that the coaches had toyed playing with two point guards at times this year. Where does that leave Jaylen if Jason Tatum is at the 3 . Of course someone is going to have to come off the bench once Hayward makes it back on the floor.

Can you even dream about what the offense will look like since Jaylen and Jason have grown so much this year and Hayward hasn't played except for thos terrible five minutes. I will dream about this all summer. Hayward is one of my favorite players, just does it all. With Kyrie and Hayward healthy.............WOW
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17611
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by NYCelt on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:47 pm

bobheckler wrote:Los Angeles Lakers

Verified account

@Lakers
Follow Follow @Lakers
More
MEDICAL UPDATE: Isaiah Thomas will undergo arthroscopic surgery to his right hip tomorrow, it was announced today.

An update will be provided following the completion of the surgery.


bob
MY NOTE:  Get well quick, Little Guy.



.

I hope this does the job.

It would be great to see him play a full, healthy, season next year, wherever he ends up. He's one of the most gritty, dedicated players in the league.
avatar
NYCelt

Posts : 7239
Join date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by steve3344 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:46 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/kawhi-leonard-return-could-injured-161111205.html

Kawhi says he's playing in 2021.

steve3344

Posts : 3850
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by dboss on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:50 pm

Rosalie

The Celtics started all 3 wings in the first game.  Hayward is coming off a serious injury.  For all we know Hayward may be coming off the bench.

I just do not expect him to be the same as he was prior to the injury at least not immediately.  If he is ready by preseason we may have a better feel for his overall condition.

Every time I think about his injury my stomach gets queasy.

In the not too distance future he may not be our 2nd best player.  Tatum is already looking like he is going to be a better player.

Hayward's 3rd year is equal to Tatum first year in the league.  And if Brown tightens up that handle he is probably going to be better as well.

Don't get me wrong, Hayward is a fantastic player but I think both Tatum and Brown are more talented at younger age and experience level.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8366
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by NYCelt on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:01 am

dboss wrote:Rosalie

The Celtics started all 3 wings in the first game.  Hayward is coming off a serious injury.  For all we know Hayward may be coming off the bench.

I just do not expect him to be the same as he was prior to the injury at least not immediately.  If he is ready by preseason we may have a better feel for his overall condition.

Every time I think about his injury my stomach gets queasy.

In the not too distance future he may not be our 2nd best player.  Tatum is already looking like he is going to be a better player.

Hayward's 3rd year is equal to Tatum first year in the league.  And if Brown tightens up that handle he is probably going to be better as well.

Don't get me wrong, Hayward is a fantastic player but I think both Tatum and Brown are more talented at younger age and experience level.

dboss,

I'll go you one better.

I think it's entirely possible we're going to find we didn't need Hayward. Or should I say don't?

Regards
avatar
NYCelt

Posts : 7239
Join date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:19 am

Hayward played the best basketball of his career in last years playoffs, scoring at a higher avg in the playoffs than the regular season. He was still an improving player/all star that can score in a variety of ways and in Brads offense, could have a ball handling role similar to James Harden, from what I’ve read from BS. I can’t think of 2 better wing defenders than Brown and Tatum...oh and Smart and Rozier can really defend too. We got rid of an all NBA defensive stopper in Avery and as our young guns are learning on the fly....our defense is even better.

Either way every franchise wishes they had our problems going forward. We are going to have an abundance of firepower and depth next year. I couldn’t tell you what our best line up will be or who should start, we have loads of talent and young talent galore!!! Did I mention I love Jaylen.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13858
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:43 am

NBA Ready...


Overtime

Verified account

@overtime
Follow Follow @overtime
More
LaMelo Ball PLEASE EXPLAIN
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by cowens/oldschool on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:20 pm

bobheckler wrote:NBA Ready...


Overtime

Verified account

@overtime
Follow Follow @overtime
More
LaMelo Ball PLEASE EXPLAIN


????....
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13858
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:24 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:NBA Ready...


Overtime

Verified account

@overtime
Follow Follow @overtime
More
LaMelo Ball PLEASE EXPLAIN


????....


Weird.  Stuff is just not posting...

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/980992079026323456


bob



.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by dboss on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:45 pm

NYCelt wrote:
dboss wrote:Rosalie

The Celtics started all 3 wings in the first game.  Hayward is coming off a serious injury.  For all we know Hayward may be coming off the bench.

I just do not expect him to be the same as he was prior to the injury at least not immediately.  If he is ready by preseason we may have a better feel for his overall condition.

Every time I think about his injury my stomach gets queasy.

In the not too distance future he may not be our 2nd best player.  Tatum is already looking like he is going to be a better player.

Hayward's 3rd year is equal to Tatum first year in the league.  And if Brown tightens up that handle he is probably going to be better as well.

Don't get me wrong, Hayward is a fantastic player but I think both Tatum and Brown are more talented at younger age and experience level.

dboss,

I'll go you one better.

I think it's entirely possible we're going to find we didn't need Hayward. Or should I say don't?

Regards
NYCelt I think we went around on this one before.  

How many wings are too many?

A 3 piece with fries and a drink is a value meal,  lol

I think Boston wants Tatum to develop into a PF but Tatum unlike Hayward is a true multi-positional player.  Tatum is growing before our eyes.  

So next year the Celtics can play with 3 wings.  It is a long season so I am sure the Celtics do need all 3 of them.

For example if Hayward was playing you could also play Tatum at 2 with the 2nd unit and I would not have to watch Nader.  

Would I move Hayward if I had a shot at getting AD?

Hell yes but I would be more reluctant to move either Brown or Tatum because both of them have big upside and are still very young players.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8366
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: This and That

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum