Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:37 am

https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/981380196489224194

@SteveBHoop
Follow Follow @SteveBHoop
More Steve Bulpett Retweeted Bobby Marks
He'll probably blow it all on his wardrobe. (Going to tell my financial advisor to buy stock in flannel tomorrow.)Steve Bulpett added,
Bobby Marks
Verified account

@BobbyMarks42
With Miami clinching a playoff berth, Kelly Olynyk will now receive a $400K bonus. Olynyk will receive an additional $1M if he plays 2 minutes Wednesday night at Atlanta. The $1M bonus is for playing 1700 minutes this season.
8:57 PM - 3 Apr 2018

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:07 am

this guy can help him spend his money on a new wardrobe:

kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg
about 8 minutes ago
Gordon Hayward’s wife, Robyn, wrote on Instagram that their dog is in surgery for a torn ACL. So not even the Celtics’ pets are safe during the 2017-18 season.

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Good thing the Celtics do not have to also eat a freaking dog contract.

Get well soon mutt.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Would anyone have predicted after Gordon Hayward went down that at this point in the season we'd have just two more losses than Golden State? Or even before Hayward got hurt? Great job Celtics.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:50 am

steve3344 wrote:Would anyone have predicted after Gordon Hayward went down that at this point in the season we'd have just two more losses than Golden State? Or even before Hayward got hurt? Great job Celtics.

Next year with both teams healthy we’ll kill Golden State, we will be so much deeper and better and faster.

Jaylen and Jason will put Durant into a torture chamber, love the way Jaylen was bumping him, not too hard to get a foul, but definitely right in his face without the ball. Every minute he’s on the floor, I want to see one of those young studs on him, wearing him out. Notice this year he had no monster games against us, well it’s only gonna get harder.

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:24 am

Cow, You got that right.
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 am

steve3344 wrote:Would anyone have predicted after Gordon Hayward went down that at this point in the season we'd have just two more losses than Golden State? Or even before Hayward got hurt? Great job Celtics.

Would anyone have predicted after Gordon Hayward went down that at this point in the season we'd have 1 more win than last year despite Kyrie only playing 60 games (when the player he replaced played 76 games last year), Smart would only play 54 games (when he played 79 games last year) and our back up center would only play 63? That we'd win 54 games, better than the 53 we won last year and with 2 games still to play? That we'd win those 54 games with 19 different players getting minutes and 10 of those 18 players with 2 years of experience or less (Brown, Tatum, Semi, Nader, Yabby, Bird, Allen, Silas, Gibson, Theis)? Think about that. We are locked into the #2 spot for the playoffs, had a good shot @ #1 against a streaking Raptor team, and we're 50% rookies and sophomores.

And we have had more come-from-behind wins when down double-digits in the 4th quarter than any other team in the league this year.

Once Hayward went down this team has exceeded every reasonable expectation of mine. When Kyrie and Smart went down, and were going to be out for at least the first round, it was all gravy from there for me. Pure gravy.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:11 am

bobheckler wrote:

Would anyone have predicted after Gordon Hayward went down that at this point in the season we'd have 1 more win than last year despite Kyrie only playing 60 games (when the player he replaced played 76 games last year), Smart would only play 54 games (when he played 79 games last year) and our back up center would only play 63?  That we'd win 54 games, better than the 53 we won last year and with 2 games still to play?  That we'd win those 54 games with 19 different players getting minutes and 10 of those 18 players with 2 years of experience or less (Brown, Tatum, Semi, Nader, Yabby, Bird, Allen, Silas, Gibson, Theis)?  Think about that.  We are locked into the #2 spot for the playoffs, had a good shot @ #1 against a streaking Raptor team, and we're 50% rookies and sophomores.  

And we have had more come-from-behind wins when down double-digits in the 4th quarter than any other team in the league this year.

Once Hayward went down this team has exceeded every reasonable expectation of mine.  When Kyrie and Smart went down, and were going to be out for at least the first round, it was all gravy from there for me.  Pure gravy.

bob

And for me - it's all about Brad - He provided the magic.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:32 am

swish wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Would anyone have predicted after Gordon Hayward went down that at this point in the season we'd have 1 more win than last year despite Kyrie only playing 60 games (when the player he replaced played 76 games last year), Smart would only play 54 games (when he played 79 games last year) and our back up center would only play 63?  That we'd win 54 games, better than the 53 we won last year and with 2 games still to play?  That we'd win those 54 games with 19 different players getting minutes and 10 of those 18 players with 2 years of experience or less (Brown, Tatum, Semi, Nader, Yabby, Bird, Allen, Silas, Gibson, Theis)?  Think about that.  We are locked into the #2 spot for the playoffs, had a good shot @ #1 against a streaking Raptor team, and we're 50% rookies and sophomores.  

Once Hayward went down this team has exceeded every reasonable expectation of mine.  When Kyrie and Smart went down, and were going to be out for at least the first round, it was all gravy from there for me.  Pure gravy.

bob

swish

Don't forget Danny Ainge. He had a hand in acquiring the players that Brad Stevens had to mix and match.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:46 am

gyso wrote:
swish wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

bob

swish

Don't forget Danny Ainge.  He had a hand in acquiring the players that Brad Stevens had to mix and match.

gyso

gyso

Plenty of credit due Danny also - he's provided the ingredients - but Brad's the chef.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:26 pm

swish wrote:
gyso wrote:
swish wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

bob

swish

Don't forget Danny Ainge.  He had a hand in acquiring the players that Brad Stevens had to mix and match.

gyso

gyso

Plenty of credit due Danny also - he's provided the ingredients - but Brad's the chef.

swish

While we are doling out credit, maybe the palyers deserve some too??? Kyrie was great for those 60 games. Al and Marcus have been doing Al and Marcus things all year (well, most ofthe year for Marcus). Brown, Tatum and Rozier all wildly exceeded expectations. Baynes and Theis were pleasant surprises. Morris has delivered as a scorer off the bench, making it easier to swallow AB getting traded. Monroe is finding his way and stepping up with increased opportunities. Danny and Brad deserve praise for assembling and coaching the team, but ultimately it is the players who put the ball in the hoop and prevent the other team from doing the same.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:02 pm

bob
MY NOTE:  Nowhere is evidence of an opioid crisis more obvious than here.  These are the same fans who thought we should trade them Rondo for a couple of spare parts.

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Courting James is hardly opioid related.  NY Knicks
Need more talent not drugs.

With all the options that James has this one is pretty remote.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
The Cavaliers are signing 13-year NBA vet Kendrick Perkins with final roster spot for playoffs, league sources tell @Mcten and me. Perkins played part of season at G League affiliate after Cavs released him in preseason.
5:09 PM · Apr 9, 2018

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:35 am

bobheckler wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
The Cavaliers are signing 13-year NBA vet Kendrick Perkins with final roster spot for playoffs, league sources tell @Mcten and me. Perkins played part of season at G League affiliate after Cavs released him in preseason.
5:09 PM · Apr 9, 2018

bob

Hi,
This is from NBC Sports: "... Plus, if the Cavaliers need to scowl at someone during the playoffs, they just picked up one of the best. ..."

AK
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Denver @ Minny. Winner is in, loser is out.

Minny ends 13 year playoff droughr with OT win.

Now the poor bastards have to go to Houston.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Kelly Olynyk with 26 points on 9-13, 4-5 from 3 and 7 rebounds in 31 minutes.  High scorer for the Heat.  #2 scorer for the Heat was Dragic with 15 on Smart-ian 4-14, also in 31 minutes.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:40 pm

bobheckler wrote:Kelly Olynyk with 26 points on 9-13, 4-5 from 3 and 7 rebounds in 31 minutes.  High scorer for the Heat.  #2 scorer for the Heat was Dragic with 15 on Smart-ian 4-14, also in 31 minutes.

bob

If he could play like that all the time, he would be an all star, he still is no defensive force.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:26 am

One of the most spot on predictions ever:

Canzano: Game 1 comes with WARNING for Trail Blazers -- Rajon Rondo is hazardous
Posted Apr 13

By John Canzano
The Oregonian/OregonLive

While we're waiting for the Trail Blazers and Pelicans to tip off their first-round NBA Playoff series, I want to call your attention to the warning label on the side of the thing.

It's this: "WARNING: Rajon Rondo is potentially hazardous to your postseason."

I've picked Portland to win this series in seven games, but when I look for disruptors to that narrative, I keep coming back to Rondo. He has the ability to destroy what should probably happen in this series because he's gifted, unpredictable and playoff-savvy. For a guy who seemingly can't shoot and doesn't defend as well as once did, he remains very dangerous.

Talk about Jrue Holiday all you'd like. His physicality in the backcourt may matter. But when Game 1 tips off, it's Rondo vs. the Blazers backcourt I'll be watching. Because he's historically a killer in the playoffs.

Seven times in his 12-season career Rondo has suited up in the postseason. In his last six postseasons, the guard has averaged more points per game in the playoffs than he did in that same regular season. In his last four playoff appearances, and in five of his seven playoffs, Rondo has shot at a higher percentage from the floor. And in five of his last six playoffs, he's averaged more rebounds than he did in the regular season.

Rondo was the first Celtics player to ever lead the league in steals. Twice he's made the All-NBA Defensive team. Two other times he was named second team. What I'm saying is, we all know he can defend. There's been an ACL surgery, a back injury, a hernia, and questions about his commitment on the defensive end of the floor as he's aged. But anyone who saw him in the first round of the 2017 playoffs knows he has the potential to be a horrific problem in the 2018 postseason.

Last season, playing for the No. 8-seed Bulls against the No. 1-seed Celtics in the first round of the playoffs, Rondo was a terror. In Game 1, he scored 12 points to go with eight rebounds and six assists. Chicago won at Boston. And in Game 2, he had 11 points, 14 assists and nine rebounds. Chicago won again. And if Rondo hadn't broken his thumb in the third quarter of that second game, the top seed in the East, down 0-2, looked ready to be snuffed out just like that.

I asked an NBA executive to give me a true wildcard for the Portland-New Orleans series. His reply came: "Rondo." More specifically: "Rondo's defense."

In the final regular season game against San Antonio, Rondo scored 19 points, and had 14 assists. That was his second double-double in his last three games. In game No. 80, against the Warriors, he posted 17 assists.

The Blazers' best-of-seven playoff series against the Pelicans could hinge on how they defend Anthony Davis, one of the NBA's most dynamic and hard-to-guard superstars.

When Rondo wants to be trouble, he can be. The statistics don't particularly support him being an elite defender anymore. But again, he historically flips the switch in the playoffs and his play lately has been stellar. Alongside Holiday? He's potentially problematic for Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum. And I'm just as concerned that Rondo is capable of ripping off 15-17 assists a game while getting comfortable against a Blazers backcourt that isn't strong defensively itself.

This is a major key in the series.

Lillard and McCollum must not let this Rondo thing get out of hand. Not especially in Games 1 and 2 in Portland, where the veteran has the potential to steal the home-court advantage for New Orleans. The Blazers guards must assert themselves on both ends of the court, and make sure that the Pelicans guard doesn't do what he nearly did last postseason for the Bulls. All this, naturally, is happening with everyone on the planet talking and focusing on whether Anthony Davis can be contained.

Don't know that answer. But I know if Rondo gets loose it will be even more difficult to stop New Orleans from spoiling a nice 49-win Blazers season.

Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry loves Rondo. He told the New Orleans Times Picayune newspaper this week: "He may be the smartest player I've ever coached."

On a Wednesday night in December, Rondo had 25 assists in a 128-113 Pelicans victory over the Nets. He did it while playing only 30 minutes. His assists created 58 points, the most by any player in two decades. He scored only two points in the game, but it was a reminder by a guy who was less than a month shy of turning 32 that he could still do whatever he wanted to do on a given night.

He's the warning label on this series.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans-portland-trail-blazers-2018041422/

Last edited by steve3344 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:04 am

Think he finally found a home??? Maybe this is the team that will give him the kind of money he thought he deserved here in Boston. He is a true talent and a threat when he wants to be. I hope for his sake he keeps his head on straight and finally stays on a team that potentially. some day, bring him back to the finals. It seems they do not care about his shot, he is too busy setting others up. Good luck to him.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Steve,

I enjoyed reading that; thanks for posting it.

Rondo may be among the most polarizing figures in the recent past for Boston. It may be part personality driven, and stem from the fact he gets right to the bottom line of his opinion on anything. Undoubtedly he is among the most talented and intelligent point guards playing today.

Defense has always been a hot topic with Rondo. Is he elite? Is he awful? Seemingly no middle ground on that one. My own opinion is he's an elite defender. When he wants to be. Shooting? I personally don't think it matters. He can hit 'em when it counts, and can slash and drive on just about any team's defense. As a pass-first point, I feel he is probably among the best in the league. Possibly top dog.

The Pelicans are among the few non-Celtic NBA teams I would go to any lengths to pay to see, mainly because of Rondo. I hope he puts on a great show in the post-season.

Regards
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:02 pm

The most amazing Rondo stat is the year all the Big 3 we’re gone, Rondo still managed to lead the league in assists. With Morotic now and Cousins coming back and Anthony Davis and Holiday, that team will have plenty of firepower, they don’t need a scoring point. That team will be elite next year.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:07 pm

They shocked the heck out of Portland last night. I had predicted Portland would win, now I am second guessing myself. Davis is playing out of his mind, or is he? Maybe he is just this dominant
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:17 pm

The LeBrons are down 33-14 after one. He's 0-3, 2-2 from the line.

Is this the passive one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum