This and That

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This and That

Post by bobheckler on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:50 am

steve3344 wrote:Blazers just beat the Lakers in L.A. 95-92 without Damian Lillard.

This loss for L.A. makes up for the road win they got in Houston.

Brooklyn @ 12-20, .375
Charlotte @ 12-21, .364
Lakers @ 11-20, .355
Sacto @ 11-21, .344
Phx @ 11-23, .343
Orlando @ 11-23, .324
Chicago @ 10-22, .313
Memphis 10-23, .303
Dallas @ 9-25, .265
Atlanta @ 8-25, .242

Lakers (5 home, 2 away) - I say 2 wins (Memphis and Charlotte).  2-5 
Minny
Memphis
LAC
@Houston
@Minny
OKC
Charlotte

Sacto (4 home, 1 away) - I say 2, maybe 3 wins (Phoenix and Memphis and maybe Charlotte).   2-3, maybe 3-2
@ LAC
Cleveland
Phoenix
Memphis
Charlotte

Phoenix (3 home, 3 away) - I say 2 wins (Memphis and Atlanta) and maybe steal one in Sacto.   2-4, maybe 3-3
Memphis
@Sacto
Philly
Atlanta
@Denver
@San Antonio

Orlando (3 home, 2 away) - I say zero wins.  Their easier games are on the road.   I say 0-5
@Miami
Detroit
Miami
@Brooklyn
Houston

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:29 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Dboss I’m hoping/thinking Kyrie noticed those 2 losses by Houston, even though Harden scored 51 points in each game....that as good as he is at hero ball, the team plays better and more efficiently when the 2 J’s go off and have big games. We might have the best wing tandem in the league right now in the 2 J’s and next year we surely will as they will be another year improved and we get Hayward back....next year is our year.

Having Hayward back means Tatum will be the PF.

I agree that next year is our year.

This season I think the Celts can make it to the finals.
I'm just not sure the Celts will have enough to beat the Warriors in the finals.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Cow

Brown and Tatum look like they are going to be very special players.  No way you break up that tandem even for the brow.

Dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:57 pm

fierce wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Dboss I’m hoping/thinking Kyrie noticed those 2 losses by Houston, even though Harden scored 51 points in each game....that as good as he is at hero ball, the team plays better and more efficiently when the 2 J’s go off and have big games. We might have the best wing tandem in the league right now in the 2 J’s and next year we surely will as they will be another year improved and we get Hayward back....next year is our year.

I'm just not sure the Celts will have enough to beat the Warriors in the finals.
Not sure Tatum will be ready to play PF by next year.  It will take at least two year to get stonger but he will get minutes there when both Brown and Hayward are playing.  Those 3 wings give you a lot of flexibility.

Also not sure we can beat Raptors or Cavs to even get to play the Warriors.

Dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:52 am

dboss wrote:
fierce wrote:

Not sure Tatum will be ready to play PF by next year.  It will take at least two year to get stonger but he will get minutes there when both Brown and Hayward are playing.  Those 3 wings give you a lot of flexibility.

Also not sure we can beat Raptors or Cavs to even get to play the Warriors.

Dboss

Definitely the Celts can beat the Raps.

Beating the Cavs is doable.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:41 pm

We actually match up better with Cavs and GS then we do with say the Knicks and 76ers, I’m watching Porzingus block shots on Embid and seeing all the size of these 2 teams going at it hard in the paint, long term they could give us problems unless we upgrade the 4-5 at some point.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:45 pm

dboss wrote:Cow

Brown and Tatum look like they are going to be very special players.  No way you break up that tandem even for the brow.

Dboss

exactly, Jaylen has so many electrifying moves that take your breath away and remind you of vintage Dr J and Dominque and Tatum could be a cross of Durant and Paul Pierce, you keep those kind of players.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:47 am

25 assists last night for Rondo. Most in 20 years by a player.

Cleveland lost.

Vince at almost 41 years old scored 24 points

The Rockets have now lost 3 in a row. And the Raptors have dropped two in a row. This makes you realize that every team out there can hit a bad patch.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:02 pm

dboss wrote:25 assists last night for Rondo.  Most in 20 years by a player.

Cleveland lost.

Vince at almost 41 years old scored 24 points

The Rockets have now lost 3 in a row. And the Raptors have dropped two in a row.  This makes you realize that every team out there can hit a bad patch.

dboss

I agree. This is why I need a much more prolonged stretch of Celtic mediocrity before writing this off as a bridge year. Danny can make moves. The Red Sox finally won it all after trading Nomar. Maybe this is a silly comparison but chemistry can play a role in upsets. The C's don't have to go all in with some major trade for Anthony Davis. It would not be that difficult to get Nerlens Noel. He has not had that good of a career, but look at how Evan Turner a former top pick turned his game around by playing for Boston.

And of course the Celtics have a lot of room to improve internally which Brad Stevens' teams have always done every year. It's just that this year with the big winning streak, it becomes much more difficult to have a better second half.

Something could click with Rozier and Smart. They could somehow reach their potential this season. The team could get healthy again or most importantly for when the playoffs start.

Tatum could make more leaps within this season. He is quite capable of being the next man up for all-star styled production.

Brown could start hitting his free throws. On and on. Horford and Irving could maintain their greatness. Irving could become a much better ball distributor by the end of the year.

No one knows. Even if the Celtics have let's say a 5% chance of winning it all, they are still in the game for the ultimate prize.

The Celtics have had about three great games all year in which they played 48 solid minutes. Brad is still fudging around with rotations. All opponents are different, so it is not as easy as players making leaps and then one can easily predict who will play and for how many minutes.

There is an open roster slot. Hayward is currently a waste of a roster slot or I mean the DPE is just sitting there.

There are quite a number of scrubs at the end of the roster. There are solid veterans not making much money from McGee to Rondo.

I think Danny should do something. If he doesn't, then the only hope for green goggled like me is to hope for guys like Semi and Yabusele to become solid rotation bubble guys who can fill in for Morris' knee.

The Celtics are quite vulnerable this year. I admit that. But I am not ready to write off this year's chances to steal #18.

I have given up on a great record. I suppose 60 wins is still in play and that would be nice. Home court advantage is not as important as being healthy with momentum for the playoffs. So I guess the three seed would be good enough to maintain a puncher's chance. Toronto and Cleveland have been solid teams over many years. The Celtics are still right up there with them with only four remaining players from last year.

Tonight should be a basketball war and perhaps provide more information.
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Houston lost the 2nd game of their b2b to Washington by 18. 121-103. Mike Antoni, no "D".

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:21 am

With Charlotte surprisingly beating the Warriors easily in Golden State tonight, Cleveland, Houston and Golden State have now lost a combined eight in a row.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:17 am

I think this means the Celtics are still in the hunt for best regular season team. I thought Golden State would make some separation, but apparently not.

There's some volatility to this season. If the Celtics get healthy and beat Cleveland, become consistent, then things could get rosy again.

The glass is definitely half full. Brown, Semi and Morris need to get back healthy. There's no wiggle room with Hayward fixing his leg. Damn, that finally hit home. Well, it just means more kudos for the Celtics for still giving us prime time regular season contending so far. Here's to more losses for Golden State. It'd be nice to get home court against them in the Finals. This is not a bridge year unless there is more bad luck for injuries. Missing Brown and Morris has hurt. Missing Semi has hurt, so that needs to stop happening. Danny could fortify the roster, too.

The London trip might be helpful. Two blocks of four days off means no jet lag and lots of comfy rest. They will also get in some ubuntu. It'll be a fun game and an antidote to the rough first half scheduling.
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:46 am

we still have an open roster spot, I do think Danny will fill it and likely with another big man at some point.
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:19 am

Curry will be returning to the fold so we should expect GS to strat playing better, not that they were playing bad.

Rockets now with 5 straight losses.

Lakers sliding down a greasy slop.

The Celtics will be contenders if they are able to maintain their defensive DNA. Celts are not a very good offensive team as they do struggle to score.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:02 pm

Caris Lavert with 15 5 8 tonight and key plays down the stretch in Nets win tonight. He’s first Net ever to do 15 5 5 four games in a row.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Nets doing more with less talent.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:39 pm

fierce wrote:Nets doing more with less talent.

They hung very tough with us and they’ve had some pretty good point guards on their franchise, I’m surprised Jason Kidd or Michael Ray never did the 15 5 5 four times in a row....things should get very interesting when D’Angelo Russell comes back.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:15 am

The Nets are coming through in the clutch so far. Hopefully Cleveland ends up with a very mediocre pick compared to what they thought they were getting.

I also want the Lakers pick to convey not only to get another top pick, but I'd rather not follow Sacramento basketball.

I have no problem with New York teams. I was raised to hate the Yankees but have outgrown that. I've always liked the Knicks and Nets. There was the great 4th quarter playoff comeback with Pierce and Antoine.

As for the Lakers, they just aren't that threatening anymore. Hollywood is mired in scandals. The internet might be killing off its hold on the public which lasted a century. Free agents might not want to live in earthquake zones. So I don't even hate or fear the Lakers as a franchise.

The Celtics are the greatest NBA team. It started looking iffy over the last thirty years with the Lakers catching up, but I think it's about to turn back Boston's way in terms of history. Yeah, I know that's not really going out on a limb. It's why I'm rooting hard like a teenager for this season. I look out for the miracles in sports. It's no fun to say look at how great Golden State is and every other team might as well look at this season as extended practice and growing.
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Bogut waived by LAL

Dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:09 am

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am

Lakers must be tanking.
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:40 am

worcester wrote:Lakers must be tanking.

Because they love us so much.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:45 am

Last edited by steve3344 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:50 am

Get your sneakers here! Get your sneakers here! Come one come all. Be a baller, be a big baller.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:55 am

dboss wrote:Get your sneakers here! Get your sneakers here!  Come one come all.  Be a baller, be a big baller.

dboss

The truly sad part of this is that this big mouth is making it harder and harder for his kids to succeed as basketball players, not just Lonzo but LiAngelo too.  Magic took a chance on Lonzo's talent and thought he could "manage" LaVar.  It is becoming increasingly clear that he cannot and I think the odds of another GM going out on a limb and taking a chance on another one of his kids are becoming longer every time he opens his mouth.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum