[ 6 ]
25% 25% 
[ 3 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

Which Would You Keep?

Post by bobheckler on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:58 am

If, in order to get Anthony Davis, Danny had to give up either Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum which one would you rather keep?

I realize that the numbers have to work and that might mean other players but let's assume it isn't Kyrie or one of those players.  Let's assume, and I think this is reasonable, that we would have to give up one of our young core players.

Which one is more expendable to you?

Jaylen Brown is 6'7"-6'8", 230#, has a 7'0" wingspan, is uber-athletic and can play in the back court.  That is a highly coveted size.  He also can shoot, he has leadership qualities and plays excellent defense.

Jayson Tatum is 6'8", 205#, 7'0" wingspan.  He isn't uber-athletic like Brown, might be undersized/underweight to play inside at this time, but can shoot and create his own shot.    

If there is any other player you can think of that you would give up one of these players to get, please name them.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Would You Keep?

Post by sinus007 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi,
I voted to keep both.
As it was discussed in one of the threads, the most probable player to be traded for AD is Horford. Plus either JT or JB. I wouldn't do any trades to break the current core. So far all indicators are for JT and JB becoming star players.

AK
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Any trade of Horford to the Pelicans for Davis would result in other players also coming from the Pelicans due to the matching salary requirement that the NBA has.

Adding other players to such a deal beyond Horford would result in additional players coming from the Pelicans. Horford and Tatum would require about $38 M in salaries coming to Boston. Not sure that I want any of the Pels beyond Davis. Certainly not Omar Asik even if just to place him on waivers.

As good as Davis is I just do not see the Cs able to trade for him this season without sacrificing the two young guys (Brown and Tatum) and perhaps Smart and a draft pick or two which N.O. would ask for the Lakers pick that could turn into the Kings pick. Not sure that Davis is worth such a load of talent.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:42 pm

I think Tatum is the better long term prospect, as his game is more repeatable.  Very athletic players that can use those skills consistently, night after night are VERY rare in the NBA.

Tatum unlike Brown, is more grounded in solid, less flashy skills.  Good footwork, solid base, good shooting form and overall better fundamentals.  As he adds strength, he will be a very solid 18 to 20 ppg scorer in the NBA for a decade or more.  Brown could well be better, but he could also be a feast or famine type player.

I would prefer to keep them both - but Tatum is more of a sure bet IMO.
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:08 pm

I am a fan of Anthony Davis, he is an awesome young man. But, there is no way I would want to give up those two young players for him. It has been a long time since we have had two young players, so gifted physically and athletically, on our team. This is exciting to watch.

I know many will say that getting Davis would be just as exciting, But watching these two guys is just a joy.

Frankly I would wonder why New Orleans would let him go without a good fight. He is the cornerstone of their team. Cousens may leave first, I wonder if he will end up in Cleveland??

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:09 pm

I am a fan of Anthony Davis, he is an awesome young man. But, there is no way I would want to give up those two young players for him. It has been a long time since we have had two young players, so gifted physically and athletically, on our team. This is exciting to watch.

I know many will say that getting Davis would be just as exciting, But watching these two guys is just a joy.

Frankly I would wonder why New Orleans would let him go without a good fight. He is the cornerstone of their team. Cousens may leave first, I wonder if he will end up in Cleveland??

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:13 pm

The Celtics are 19-4.  As such it is unlikely that they would make another block buster trade this season.

Davis is a big time talent and the Pelicans would demand significant compensation.  

It would take a combination of Horford and one of the following players (Listing most desirable to them first) Tatum, Brown, Smart, Morris.  In addition and depending on which player other than Horford was included they would want 1-2 first round picks.

I would not give up either Tatum or Brown.

Anyways this is just an exercise in playing GM.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Judging from the way Morris is playing, and (hold my breath) the way Smart is playing (and I am not even mentioning shooting) I do not know if I would mess with this team this year. It will be a joy to see Gordon Hayward next year. Those shooting droughts will not be as long or often. There is just so much going on here, as I said before, I love Davis, but I don't think anything like this will happen.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:07 pm

is there any evidence that NO is even considering moving Davis?

I haven't seen anything myself, just all fake sports news sites click baiting.

Cousins..yeah sure, he's on the final year of his deal.

But why on the world would NO trade Davis?

they have him locked up for two more FULL years and then he has a player option.

kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:18 pm

kdp59 wrote:is there any evidence that NO is even considering moving Davis?

I haven't seen anything myself, just all fake sports news sites click baiting.

Cousins..yeah sure, he's on the final year of his deal.

But why on the world would NO trade Davis?

they have him locked up for two more FULL years and then he has a player option.

Kdp59

You are exactly right.  Unless Davis wanted out there is no earthly reason why they would trade him.

Dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:25 pm

I totally agree with you. I have said this time and again. If I had him under contract, there is no way I would trade him. He is a prize all by himself. The problem is, they have to surround him with some good players to make it appealing In a couple of years for him to stay. I have read he loves NO
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:34 pm

I say keep Tatum and Brown.

Collectively, they'll be better than Anthony Davis and this is a game where you need elite two-way wings.

KJ
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Keep them both. The only player worth going for just went down with an injury. It would take Horford and some mix of players/picks and IMO, it just ain't worth it.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:54 pm

Why not just keep both of our young, future stars?

Yes, there are some better players in the league, but all such better players either have huge contracts or are not likely to be on the trade market any time soon.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:05 am

I said neither because N.O. would want both of them and probably more.

I think having Brown and Tatum is better than having Davis.

Those guys are close to proven ready to battle for titles on cheaper contracts.

Just go with Al Horford strategy for the rest of his contract. He is racking up assists and is perfect. Danny already got him Kyrie to up the odds. I think as long as Baynes and Theis play more especially when the opposition have huge centers, there is no need for Davis anyway.

Watch Horford's minutes against the Drummonds and centers who could beat him up a bit and the C's are all set.

The ex-college coach Brad Stevens has the ability to rapidly develop young players. I think Danny can tinker around the edges perhaps swap raw talent at the end of the bench/roster and mediocre picks for guys a bit older around Kyrie's age or Hayward's. Then Brad won't have to deal with subpar raw talent such as Yabusele and Nader. Maybe Bird can emerge. I heard he can shoot.

Tinker around the edges. Upgrade the end of the bench to where it's more likely those players can contribute to a title team. Semi looks very promising.

It'll be like Belichick's system always having quality reserves for emergencies or internal upgrades.

The Celtics should also be a prime choice for any PJ Brown's towards the end but still helpful who could be signed.

Trading for Anthony Davis would put so many chips into him, Kyrie and Hayward with eventual money getting tapped prematurely. Then if Davis got hurt like Hayward, it'd be a team tragedy.

The league is changing with European and other continent world players. The G-League is getting more sophisticated. We are still in the hunt for a big pick this year or next. If it doesn't happen, you just get better scouting and work with Stevens to pick whom to invest team resources. I'm sure that is what is happening and continues.
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Davis may want to stay in NO anyways.

The big issue will be what the salary cap is looking like in a few years.

KJ
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum