POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Go down

POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by 112288 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:23 pm

Celtics Wrap: Balanced Scoring Leads C’s To 102-88 Victory Over Cavs

NESN by Adam London on Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 10:16PM

— In a highly anticipated rematch of the 2017 Eastern Conference Finals, the Boston Celtics finally earned a little revenge on their fiercest rival. Thanks to a total team effort, the Celtics cruised to a 102-88 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers at TD Garden on Wednesday night. Boston received great performances from its role players, as Terry Rozier posted a game-high 20 points, while Marcus Smart pitched in 15 points. Jayson Tatum (15), Jaylen Brown (14), Al Horford (11) and Kyrie Irving (11) also scored in double figures for the C’s. LeBron James led the Cavaliers with 19 points, but Cleveland collectively shot a woeful 35 percent from the field in its lopsided loss. With the win, the Celtics improve to 31-10, while the Cavaliers fall to 25-13. Here’s how it all went down:

STARTING FIVE PG: Kyrie Irving SG: Jaylen Brown SF: Jayson Tatum PF: Marcus Morris C: Al Horford

WELCOME BACK, IT Isaiah Thomas didn’t play in the second game of Cleveland’s back-to-back, but the former Celtics guard took in the game from the Cavs’ bench. Although a video tribute for Thomas will be saved for a later date, he still was able to be recognized by the Celtics faithful, who showered IT with cheers upon cheers.

BENCH BOOST Reserve players typically don’t make an impact early in games, but that was far from the case Wednesday night. Both teams received major lifts from the bench in the first quarter, which the Celtics led 32-21 after the opening minutes. Rozier paced Boston with eight first-quarter points, while Smart wasn’t far behind with seven. James led the way for the Cavs with eight points, but Cleveland’s reserve unit, led by Tristian Thompson and Dwyane Wade, combined to score 10 points. It was a tough first quarter for the Cavs, though, as they only managed to shoot 29 percent from the floor.

BACK-AND-FORTH The second quarter was much more evenly matched, as both clubs posted moderately successful offensive performances, including matching 45 percent shooting marks from the field. The Celtics managed to maintain their lead throughout the frame and held a 55-47 lead heading into the break. James posted another eight-point quarter, but it was Kyle Korver who provided the bulk of the offense for Cleveland. The veteran sharpshooter knocked down four 3-pointers as part of a 12-point second-quarter outburst. The Celtics continued to receive contributions from their bench, as Daniel Theis (six points) and Smart (five points) both posted solid frames.

YOUNGSTERS POWER UP Both Tatum and Brown were rather quiet through two quarters, but the duo woke up and then some in the third quarter. After being limited to two first-half points, Tatum erupted for 11 in the third, while Brown posted nine to boost his total to 14. Boston’s offense collectively remained steady, as the team held an 81-68 lead heading into the final frame. The C’s swelled their lead to as large as 20 in the third, but woeful 3-point shooting allowed the Cavs to remain in striking distance. Boston only connected on three of its 13 attempts from beyond the arc in the third quarter.

NO LET-UP Cleveland entered the final frame with some hope, but Boston quickly squandered the Cavs’ chances at victory. The Celtics continued to grow their double-digit lead throughout the fourth quarter, thanks in large part to 10 points in the frame from Rozier. With the considerable advantage, the C’s managed to get their startes helpful rest, as the team’s reserves played the bulk of the final frame in the blowout win.

PLAY OF THE GAME Horford with authority.

UP NEXT The Celtics return to action Friday night when they host the Minnesota Timberwolves. Tip-off from TD Garden is set for 7 p.m. ET
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Celtics roll to drama-free 102-88 victory over Cavs

NBC SPORTS BOSTON

BOSTON – All season long, the Celtics have been exorcising their basketball demons, one team after another.

Golden State. Toronto. San Antonio.

Boston managed to put each of them away at some point in this still-young season.

But no team has haunted Boston’s aspirations for success in recent years the way Cleveland has in both the regular season and post-season.

The Celtics had lost nine of their past 11 regular-season games against Cleveland and eight of their nine playoff games in the two series in 2015 (Cleveland won the first-round series, 4-0) and 2017 (Cleveland won in the Eastern Conference finals, 4-1)

The Celtics took a major step towards turning that around on Wednesday night with a dominant 102-88 win over the Cavs that evens the season series at a game apiece.

Much of the talk coming into the game centered around this being the first meeting between these two teams since the season-opener when Gordon Hayward suffered a dislocated left ankle injury five minutes into the game.

It was also Isaiah Thomas’ return (he didn’t play because he’s not cleared to play in back-to-back games yet) to the TD Garden for the first time since being traded in the offseason.

And then there was LeBron James’ MVP-esque play.

But none of that mattered to a Celtics team that has maintained all season long that despite All-Stars Kyrie Irving and Al Horford in the fold, their success is in large part due to the play of their role players.

Among the Celtics’ non-stars who stepped up on Wednesday was Terry Rozier, who had 20 points off the bench in just 20 minutes of action.

Boston (31-10) led most of the game, but it did not have the look of a blowout-in-the-making until the third quarter.

Kevin Love scored on a cutting drive to the basket for the first points of the third, but Boston responded with an 11-3 run capped off by a transition 3-pointer by Jayson Tatum that led to a Cavs time-out with 9:17 to play in the quarter and the Celtics on top 66-52 – their largest lead of the game.

The Celtics would continue to pull away, getting major contributions in the quarter from several players such as Tatum.

After having scored just four points in the first half, Tatum erupted for nine in the first five minutes of the third quarter.

No surprise, Cleveland (losers in five of their past seven games) once again began to cut into Boston’s lead before the quarter ended with Boston taking an 81-68 lead into the fourth.

Boston had Cleveland (25-13) playing catch-up most of the night.

After a relatively close first quarter, the Celtics closed out the first with the final five points being scored by Rozier that lifted Boston to a 32-21 lead after the first.

Cleveland gradually chipped away at Boston’s lead, courtesy of Kyle Korver.

Korver, who came into the game fifth all-time in 3-pointers made in NBA history, made four in the second quarter. He would finish with 15 points which included five made 3’s.

But the Celtics got some timely baskets from unexpected sources like Daniel Theis, a 19.2 percent 3-point shooter, who made back-to-back corner treys.

Boston continued to make enough plays at both ends of the floor to take a 55-47 lead into the half.
112288


Last edited by 112288 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
112288

Posts : 6415
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by 112288 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:25 pm

What a great game by the Celtics.  I hope they know what made it possible......

ATTACK THE PAINT ..................ATTACK THE BASKET.................................

AND WHEN THEY SAGE IN THE MIDDLE.........KICK IT OUT FOR 3'S!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO GLAD THAT THEY KICKED THOSE SOB'S ASS'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


112288
avatar
112288

Posts : 6415
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by k_j_88 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:29 pm

Another signature victory. Cleveland looked like they thought showing up would be enough. We are not the same team we were in October.


KJ
avatar
k_j_88

Posts : 4591
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by 112288 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:45 pm

Love Terry Rozier III...........He's like the Energizer Bunny!!!!!

He keeps going and going and going!


112288
avatar
112288

Posts : 6415
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by worcester on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:39 pm

Signature wins one after another after another.... Love the young pups...
avatar
worcester

Posts : 5683
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by jrleftfoot on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:59 pm

Rozier and Smart are both shooting better lately. Rozier was an assassin tonight. Tatum and Brown were outstanding too. Horford had a good game. Kyrie could have taken the nighy off.Celtics were quicker to the ball all night long. Cavs never even made a run.
avatar
jrleftfoot

Posts : 807
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:14 am

Cavs had zero energy.  

Rozier has started to emerge and looks better than he has ever looked.

Great team win and yes it was another signature win.

Dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8814
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by KyleCleric on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:39 am

Weak game from Cleveland. It was as if they were playing down to the competition and were surprised to be facing a good team though with the effort they put in, they'd have lost to the Hawks or Lakers. After the 3rd quarter run by the Cs, Cavs stopped competing. One of the Cs easiest wins of the season.

KyleCleric

Posts : 567
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by k_j_88 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:08 am

We were in control since halfway through the 1st quarter.

- Defensive pressure was intense. LeBron and his cronies had a lid on their bucket. They gave up in the 3rd, and LeBron was held to 1-6 fg in the second half. Korver hit some nice 3s but it wasn't enough because we'd score at the other end. Also, did anyone else witness Morris and his masterful lock down of lebron?

-kyrie was doubled and the cavs decided to force the ball away from his hands. But Terry, Jaylen, Smart, and Jayson picked up the slack. Our bench dominated theirs, and we outperformed them in every aspect of the game.

Sure, IT didn't play, but he would have stuggled getting hounded by Terry and Kyrie.

KJ
avatar
k_j_88

Posts : 4591
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:55 am

Great win and a lot of fun to watch. Got my ticket for February 11th, to watch them hang up Pierce's number and see IT after a month of recovery. That will be a better test.
avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by 112288 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:56 am

MrKleen

Great ticket!

75 MPH wind in WellFleet Ma.

112288
avatar
112288

Posts : 6415
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by gyso on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:58 am

It was nice to win a game against the Cavs. They were on the second game of a back to back, we had three days of rest. It showed.

It will be different in the playoffs without any back to backs.

gyso

_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:06 am

A big win, bigger than the final score indicates but no IT and the 2nd game of a b2b for them.  They aren't a young team, not a particularly deep team neither, and that hurts them.  They are built for the playoffs and there are no b2b in the playoffs.

Kevin Love was 1-11.  Anybody want to count on that happening again?

Terry Rozier is a big-game player.  He has upped his game every year in the playoffs in his career and he sure upped it last night.  When he is hitting his shots he really does look like an NBA starting guard.  It's not often we have an obvious game ball to give out to someone not named Kyrie but this is one of them.  Throw in his superior defense and his superior rebounding on top of a shooting night last night and you have some very enticing trade bait.  I'm not saying we should trade TRo but the phone rings and it's Danny job to answer it.

I'm starting to think that Marcus Morris is a very good one-on-one offensive player but not a very good team one.  What do you think?

Jayson Tatum was 6-14 last night and that was with (at least) two blown bunnies at the rim and a blown dunk.  Slightly out of control on the bunnies, but he'll settle down next year.  He was moving just a little fast, a little faster than he needed to move.  The blown dunk was also about too much speed.  He was past his man, he was at the rim, he just needed to gather himself before he jumped but he didn't think he had the time nor needed it.  Ah, the brashness of youth.  All three of those are, and will be, eminently fixable.  That's 6 points he left on the rim, just that I can remember, that will he will be banking next year.  There was one blown defensive assignment, though, where he let Kevin Love give and go to the rim without him.  Him and Jaylen.  Man.  With a little help from the Lakers and the pingong gods and we'll have another player that, with those two and Kyrie, will set us up for a decade.

Bangin' Baynes with 6 rebounds in 17 minutes.

I might be alone here, but I like Nader.  Is he a superstar in the making?  No, but he could be a solid rotation player if given the chance.  His money is along the baseline.  The corner 3 and, when the defender comes up to him, he blows past him on the baseline to the rim.  I watched a bunch of his games in Bangor.  His offense often came from putting a hesitation move on top and then blowing past his man to the rim.  That's not happening in the NBA, and he's not trying to do it, but in Bangor he also was very strong along the baseline and he is porting that over to the club here.  I know, a lot of words for a player who probably won't play 500 minutes this year but he could do things for us that we hoped The Dancing Bear would do for us but isn't ready to do.

All in all, a nice win made extra sweet in that it was a blow out despite a subpar performance by Kyrie.  It is important for us to win without needing Kyrie like a crutch, much as we were last year with IT.  It makes us significantly more dangerous.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975305







Tatum's pull up 3 on the break is a thing of beauty.  It was something Pierce used to do A LOT.  Unfortunately, these highlights do not show those blown bunnies and stuff.  I say "unfortunately" because the moves he put on to get to the rim were impressive even if the ball didn't go in.



















bob




.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 38115
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by mulcogiseng on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 am

Any team Lebron James is on will always be susceptible to loosing to the Boston Celtics.

Anyone who doesn't think this is a legit team should stop challenging our conviviality.

The Boston Celtics are the first team in the NBA to lose their first two games and then go on to win...oops, wrong thread. But you all know what I'm talking about. First team to play half their games. First in the EC and and second best record in the NBA. On pace for a 62-20 season.

Does this mean the C's are a lock for best record in ECF and a trip to the finals before hanging #18? Mebbe yes and mebbe not. But right now we are right where we should be.

What is more important TRo? winning a ring or being a starter? Your next contract is dependent on your answer and the only answer that counts is how you play. Last night was a good game for you Keep it up. Last night is the reason you wear green and its where your future lies.

Only our Rook had 30 minutes last night. This is the kind of minute distribution that I have been wanting to see. A solid nine man rotation plus the guy we all like. My personal head scratcher of the year is why isn't he getting more minutes?

Kyrie again leading the way with 9 rebounds and 6 assists. Say what?

Is the sample size big enuf yet? Have we played enuf quality opponents yet? Is this team a legit challenger yet?

17goingon18
avatar
mulcogiseng

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:52 am

Sean Grande‏Verified account 

[ltr]@SeanGrandePBP[/ltr]




FollowFollow 

[ltr]@SeanGrandePBP[/ltr]








More
BOSTON CELTICS
(Most wins thru 41 games)

1965 - 34
1973 - 34
1985 - 34
2008 - 34
1962 - 33
1986 - 33
1960 - 32
1964 - 32
1981 - 32
1984 - 32
2009 - 32
2011 - 32
1959 - 31
1980 - 31
1983 - 31
2018 - 31







bob

MY NOTE:  To be fair, there was no juggernaut like GSW back then to stop us, although the Lakers were great in the '60s.




1965 - 34 = Championship
1973 - 34 
1985 - 34 = Championship
2008 - 34 = Championship
1962 - 33 = Championship
1986 - 33 = Championship
1960 - 32 = Championship
1964 - 32 = Championship
1981 - 32 = Championship
1984 - 32 = Championship
2009 - 32
2011 - 32
1959 - 31 = Championship
1980 - 31
1983 - 31
2018 - 31




.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 38115
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Celtics have beaten Golden State, San Antonio, Cleveland, Houston, OKC and Toronto. They lost to Washington otherwise they have bested the best.

That looks good on paper but the Celtics are NOT legit contenders this year.

The simple fact is that Boston does not have enough offense. Their defense has made it possible to beat the best teams in the NBA but the playoffs are a different animal. If Hayward was playing I think we could compete with Golden State. I still think that Cleveland, Toronto and Washington are teams in the East that can beat Boston.

Boston could perhaps mask their offensive deficiencies if they played faster but their pace is too slow to generate the type of offense needed to beat high powered offenses in a prolonged series.

dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8814
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by Phil Pressey on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:23 pm

I'm in agreement with mulcogiseng that the cynics should lay off of the optimists. I guess Flutie never threw the miracle pass against Miami and the Red Sox didn't come back down 0-3 against the Yankees. The U.S. never upset Russia in Olympic hockey. Villanova never beat Georgetown.

The Celtics would need that type of performance based on current flaws, yet there is plenty of season left and the trading deadline is still a month or two away.

I'm so sorry for rooting for a title this year. It must be "borderline hilarious." Rolling Eyes
avatar
Phil Pressey

Posts : 1959
Join date : 2017-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:34 pm

I have to say something from observations I have made over the past few weeks, and in a flurry of recent posts.  

In all the poor seasons between 2008 and the last couple, this board was much less slanted towards absolutes and we seemed to get along better.  This is not because of new posters or old, this is not a personal affront to anyone in particular - but it seems we are becoming "too rigid" in our posts this season - of all seasons, when we should be more unified and happy about our beloved team being so great.

One person says what amounts to - if you think we are not contenders this year, we cant be friends.  Another says, we are clearly NOT legit this year.  Someone else says in response - well I guess I should stop rooting then.  Honestly none of this is constructive or convivial.

You can love this team and be happy with where we are, and still feel we would struggle with the Warriors or Cavs in a 7 game series.  You can root for the rookies and cheer until the last whistle, yet still think they are a year or so away from being perennial contenders.  You can also feel we are ready to win and not allow anyone to deter you from your view - while still seeing the perspective that it may be a long shot that this team can win it all. Shades of gray people - nothing is this black and white (or green and white)

But why make it personal?  Why take it to the point that "I am right, and if you dont agree -  you dont know what you are talking about?"

Maybe just having an introspective snow day on the couch - but feeling like we need to lighten up on each other a bit out here.
avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by sinus007 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 pm

bobheckler wrote:Sean Grande‏Verified account 

[ltr]@SeanGrandePBP[/ltr]





FollowFollow 

[ltr]@SeanGrandePBP[/ltr]







More
BOSTON CELTICS
(Most wins thru 41 games)

1965 - 34
1973 - 34
1985 - 34
2008 - 34
1962 - 33
1986 - 33
1960 - 32
1964 - 32
1981 - 32
1984 - 32
2009 - 32
2011 - 32
1959 - 31
1980 - 31
1983 - 31
2018 - 31







bob

MY NOTE:  To be fair, there was no juggernaut like GSW back then to stop us, although the Lakers were great in the '60s.




1965 - 34 = Championship
1973 - 34 
1985 - 34 = Championship
2008 - 34 = Championship
1962 - 33 = Championship
1986 - 33 = Championship
1960 - 32 = Championship
1964 - 32 = Championship
1981 - 32 = Championship
1984 - 32 = Championship
2009 - 32
2011 - 32
1959 - 31 = Championship
1980 - 31
1983 - 31
2018 - 31




.

Bobh,
In 1985 LAL won championship (unfortunately).

AK
avatar
sinus007

Posts : 2071
Join date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by 112288 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:01 pm

MRKLEEN,

I AGREE 100% IN YOUR OBSERVATION AND STATEMENT................BESIDES IT'S ONLY A GAME IN WHICH WE NEITHER GET PAID BY THE CELTICS OR NBA TO DISRESPECT OTHERS AND ATTACK THEM!


112288


Last edited by 112288 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
112288

Posts : 6415
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Phil Pressey wrote:I'm in agreement with mulcogiseng that the cynics should lay off of the optimists. I guess Flutie never threw the miracle pass against Miami and the Red Sox didn't come back down 0-3 against the Yankees. The U.S. never upset Russia in Olympic hockey. Villanova never beat Georgetown.

The Celtics would need that type of performance based on current flaws, yet there is plenty of season left and the trading deadline is still a month or two away.

I'm so sorry for rooting for a title this year. It must be "borderline hilarious." Rolling Eyes

Phil

Everyone should be rooting for a championship. Believing that the team can win a championship and rooting for a championship are completely different things.

There is a built in assumption here that every Celtics fan wants the team to win. If you think they cannot win in any given year you are the bad guy and if you think that they can win you are the good guy. The Celtics last championship was in 2008. Come June it will be a decade since they brought home the bacon and during the horrendous and tragic 22 years between 1986 and 2008 true Celtics fans stuck with the team. If they were to get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs this year Celtics fans will be there next year and the years after that.

dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8814
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by bobc33 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:15 pm

Well said mrkleen! Disagreements, back and forth about how to go about things, arguing for a certain position.... are all fine with a dose of respect and conviviality.


mrkleen09 wrote:I have to say something from observations I have made over the past few weeks, and in a flurry of recent posts.  

In all the poor seasons between 2008 and the last couple, this board was much less slanted towards absolutes and we seemed to get along better.  This is not because of new posters or old, this is not a personal affront to anyone in particular - but it seems we are becoming "too rigid" in our posts this season - of all seasons, when we should be more unified and happy about our beloved team being so great.

One person says what amounts to - if you think we are not contenders this year, we cant be friends.  Another says, we are clearly NOT legit this year.  Someone else says in response - well I guess I should stop rooting then.  Honestly none of this is constructive or convivial.

You can love this team and be happy with where we are, and still feel we would struggle with the Warriors or Cavs in a 7 game series.  You can root for the rookies and cheer until the last whistle, yet still think they are a year or so away from being perennial contenders.  You can also feel we are ready to win and not allow anyone to deter you from your view - while still seeing the perspective that it may be a long shot that this team can win it all.  Shades of gray people - nothing is this black and white (or green and white)

But why make it personal?  Why take it to the point that "I am right, and if you dont agree -  you dont know what you are talking about?"

Maybe just having an introspective snow day on the couch - but feeling like we need to lighten up on each other a bit out here.
avatar
bobc33

Posts : 7197
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by beat on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 pm

bobc33 wrote:Well said mrkleen!  Disagreements, back and forth about how to go about things, arguing for a certain position.... are all fine with a dose of respect and conviviality.


mrkleen09 wrote:I have to say something from observations I have made over the past few weeks, and in a flurry of recent posts.  

In all the poor seasons between 2008 and the last couple, this board was much less slanted towards absolutes and we seemed to get along better.  This is not because of new posters or old, this is not a personal affront to anyone in particular - but it seems we are becoming "too rigid" in our posts this season - of all seasons, when we should be more unified and happy about our beloved team being so great.

One person says what amounts to - if you think we are not contenders this year, we cant be friends.  Another says, we are clearly NOT legit this year.  Someone else says in response - well I guess I should stop rooting then.  Honestly none of this is constructive or convivial.

You can love this team and be happy with where we are, and still feel we would struggle with the Warriors or Cavs in a 7 game series.  You can root for the rookies and cheer until the last whistle, yet still think they are a year or so away from being perennial contenders.  You can also feel we are ready to win and not allow anyone to deter you from your view - while still seeing the perspective that it may be a long shot that this team can win it all.  Shades of gray people - nothing is this black and white (or green and white)

But why make it personal?  Why take it to the point that "I am right, and if you dont agree -  you dont know what you are talking about?"

Maybe just having an introspective snow day on the couch - but feeling like we need to lighten up on each other a bit out here.
Agree

There are times I get so pissed at the absolute know it all attitude that some know more than Stevens or that we need to trade someone after a bad game or even a friggin missed field goal I just have to walk away for a couple days.

My opinion is Stevens is a hell of a lot smarter than anyone on this board period.  None of us have any idea of the inside information that he is privy too.

My opinion is Smart is our bitbull make something happen player that every team needs.  Is he a poor shooter.... hell yes but damn the guy makes things happen. When you rip him just seems other players get a pass when they screw up.  

Being a fan to me is always wanting us to win by 30 every single game.  Being realistic I know we won’t.  

I’ve been a C’s fan for a long time only a couple on here can go back longer. Those that have followed this team since the 60’s and a couple since the 50’s have seen the extremes of greatness and the gutter.

As for this team we continue to be a work in progress we are never as good as we are in a particular game nor as bad as we are in others but the good games are far outnumbering the bad these days.

I go back to just a few years ago to that first gathering we had before this site was even formed.  Sam was one of a kind and I am so glad I got to meet him a few times.  Also meeting many of you others multiple times had been great.

Feel like I’m rambling a bit so for now I’ll close.

We got 31 all I want right now is 32.


beat
avatar
beat

Posts : 6994
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 pm

Was there really a problem? If there was I barely noticed, we are always gonna have a difference of opinion, if everyone had the same opinions this would be boring. Some will feel Smart this, Smart that, Kyrie this, etc. If some want to think we are contending this year, that’s fine. Those who want to win it all this year, I’m with you, I’d love to see that....I’m just not expecting that, but would be absolutely thrilled if it happened.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 14071
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - HOME

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum