did someone chicken out of playing last night?

+5
Shamrock1000
bobheckler
Phil Pressey
jrleftfoot
wideclyde
9 posters

Go down

did someone chicken out of playing last night? Empty did someone chicken out of playing last night?

Post by wideclyde Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:42 am

I believe that someone may have chickened out of playing in last night's Cavs-Cs game, and I am wondering why?

With such a big (huge) build up about Thomas returning to action after a season long recovery period, and all that
he had to say about being traded last summer, I wonder if either he, Coach Lue or the Cleveland management
decided to have him duck the Cs last night?

It certainly was not like Cleveland absolutely had to have Thomas play the night before to get a win rather than saving his debut
to be against the Cs who are certainly a tougher team to beat. I can understand not wanting to have him play back to
back after such a long layoff, but I really have a problem with not playing him against the toughest opponent in a back
to back situation.

Kind of looks like some one wanted to avoid last night's game.

The IT tribute video will mean much less to me on Paul Pierce's number retirement celebration. In fact, I don't think that
IT should get any video recognition on February 11th as an all time great Celtics player should not have to share the headlines
with anyone. Last night was IT's night and he/they dodged it.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

did someone chicken out of playing last night? Empty Re: did someone chicken out of playing last night?

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:48 am

I agree that Pierce should have his day to himself and don't give a rats behind about these 2 minute tribute videos.. That being said, IT has never, to my knowledge "chickened out " of anything. I find the constant sniping at the guy, and especially the playground epithets, unbecoming . He was mad at Danny Ainge. So? He's over it, and in my opinion, so should we be. He was the best player we had. His sister died during the playoffs, and he's gone. Peopl on this board act like they are Ainge's blood relatives, rallying to his defense .Thomas should "grow up" according to several board members. He "chickened out." This is becoming like the boardwide disdain for Lebron James. Isiaih gave his all for the Celtics, on and off the court, when he was in Boston. That's enough for me.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

did someone chicken out of playing last night? Empty Re: did someone chicken out of playing last night?

Post by Phil Pressey Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 pm

Horford has always been a better player than Isaiah Thomas including last year. Ainge made a great trade. Zizic is never mentioned. Brooklyn is doing better than expected. Crowder has regressed to scrub status.

Kyrie is younger and more well-rounded than Isaiah. He is less likely to get injured due to style.

Someone chickened out. I don't know who made the decision, but it was decided Isaiah would play in the first game of a back to back and not against Cleveland's toughest competitor in the ECF or one of the two if Toronto is included.

I think Morris was held out of a game, so he could play against the tougher team.

People should be able to make points without others making it personal.

I agree that Pierce should have his day to himself and don't give a rats behind about these 2 minute tribute videos.. That being said, IT has never, to my knowledge "chickened out " of anything. I find the constant sniping at the guy, and especially the playground epithets, unbecoming . He was mad at Danny Ainge. So? He's over it, and in my opinion, so should we be. He was the best player we had. His sister died during the playoffs, and he's gone. Peopl on this board act like they are Ainge's blood relatives, rallying to his defense .Thomas should "grow up" according to several board members. He "chickened out." This is becoming like the boardwide disdain for Lebron James. Isiaih gave his all for the Celtics, on and off the court, when he was in Boston. That's enough for me.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

If you think Horford was a better player than Thomas last year, I don't know what to tell you except that you are 100 % wrong.Other than that, you've expressed your opinion and I expressed mine. I'm not taking anything personally. Some  people on here seem to think IT should shut up and keep his place. I don't agree. This being a discussion forum, I was under the impression I could express an opinion, Phil.You have your opinions about Isiaih and a lot of other things, and occasionally I may have an opinion of one of your myriad opinions. So it goes.

Last edited by jrleftfoot on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:49 pm

In my opinion, the words "chicken" and "Isaiah Thomas" are oxymoronic.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:43 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I agree that Pierce should have his day to himself and don't give a rats behind about these 2 minute tribute videos.. That being said, IT has never, to my knowledge "chickened out " of anything. I find the constant sniping at the guy, and especially the playground epithets, unbecoming . He was mad at Danny Ainge. So? He's over it, and in my opinion, so should we be. He was the best player we had. His sister died during the playoffs, and he's gone. Peopl on this board act like they are Ainge's blood relatives, rallying to his defense .Thomas should "grow up" according to several board members. He "chickened out." This is becoming like the boardwide disdain for Lebron James. Isiaih gave his all for the Celtics, on and off the court, when he was in Boston. That's enough for me.

+1, well said!

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:45 pm

bobheckler wrote:In my opinion, the words "chicken" and "Isaiah Thomas" are oxymoronic.

bob

+1

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:24 pm

bobheckler wrote:In my opinion, the words "chicken" and "Isaiah Thomas" are oxymoronic.

100%. To play the day after your sister died tragically all while carrying a very serious injury. Come on guys.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Paul Pierce's comments last night were a great source for this board today. He addressed a couple of big items.

His post-game discussion with Michelle Beadle, Chauncey Billups, and Jalen Rose, about surplus wings and the idea of trading a big name or two is something I mentioned in another thread.

But for this thread, he made a pretty emphatic pre-game statement. He clearly stated there was no reason IT should be playing in Boston last night. He went on to say that honoring IT pre-game on February 11 had no impact on his number retirement which was post game. Rose and Billups went on to kid him about the ceremony being planned as a six hour event (not really), as compared to a two minute video for IT.

I think I'll go with what The Truth thinks here.

I'll also agree with MrKleen, above. I give IT a lifetime pass against questioning his heart after that.

EDIT; I have to correct my above statement. I was signing off my PC and saw a Paul Pierce comment made to USA Today just after 5:00pm today. In direct opposition to his very clear on-camera comments last night, he today came out against an IT tribute on the night of his number ceremony. Wide; you got Paul Pierce with you on that one.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:56 pm

I could NEVEr imagine IY "chickening" out of a game. It just is not in his blood. It was killing him sitting on that bench last night, I am sure he was dying to get into the game. You want to question someone, question LB. He was in full control the first half, playing great. Where did he go in the second half of the third and fourth quarters?

The question was asked of Ty Lue, if he was worried about their position in the standings. He said he didn't care as long as they made the playoffs. What the hell is that supposed to mean? If LeBron wants to overtake MJ as the greatest ever, he will never do it like that. I don't remember MJ taking as much time off as LeBron does. This attitude will come back to haunt them at some point. Sooner rather than later I hope.

As far as that stupid 2 minute video, too much is being made of it. IY"s "people" got on the phone with the Celtics and asked for it not to be played last night, to wait until everyone could be there. 2 minutes???
This should not be on Pauls night. Period. Who does IT think he is. Last night Pierce said he didn't care, today he is saying the opposite. He played 15 years for the Celtics, this is HIS night,

Foolishness, that is all this stuff is.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:39 pm

I don't think IT chickened out, but I do think the Cavs team as a whole decided to synchronize a group vanishing act last night.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:56 pm

k_j_88 wrote:I don't think IT chickened out, but I do think the Cavs team as a whole decided to synchronize a group vanishing act last night.

KJ
that
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down