+4
kdp59
dboss
mrkleen09
Sandpd
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

REPORT: CAVALIERS ‘UNDOUBTEDLY’ INTERESTED IN TRADING FOR DEANDRE JORDAN - Page 2 Empty Re: REPORT: CAVALIERS ‘UNDOUBTEDLY’ INTERESTED IN TRADING FOR DEANDRE JORDAN

Post by mulcogiseng Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Mr. Kleen
No strawman arguments please. KD signed for below max market value but it wasn't anywhere close to a minimum deal.

I don't find my personal example disingenuous. Sure, there is a big difference between the 23+ million dollar deals and me making less than 6,000.00 a year. But the question remains of whether or not an individual has the right to accept less money to do the work they want.

So no, I wouldn't be pissed if some team got 3 star players to accept minimum contracts. they still have to put the team together and the players have to compete. and mesh as a viable unit.

It's an interesting question. I saw some athletes discussing similar issues. They all thot that having dominant teams makes the game more interesting and boosts the ratings. And then there is still no guarantee that the team will win. LeBron may have been to 50 finals in a row but how many has he won?

We are lucky. We root for a major market team with the resources and legacy to attract top tier free agents. I know it it probably different in other cities. Can Phoenix match up with Boston or NY or LA? Better chance against Salt Lake or Atlanta or Minneapolis.

You are right in that it is hard to make this a black or white issue. There are a lot of factors at play. I think the trend of players choosing where and with whom they want to play will continue. If it really gets out of hand then the players and owners will negotiate some kind of fix, as you said.

There is just so many things that we can agree to disagree on, it's mind boggling. Smile
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2