Game On! Celtics @ Raptors - February 06, 2018

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Game On! Celtics @ Raptors - February 06, 2018

Post by gyso on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 am

Welcome to the Game On! Forum!

Post comments and discuss the game as it happens.

Tips and Reminders:

The liberal use of the F5 - "Refresh" button on your keyboard will keep you current with the last post on the thread.

This button also acts as a "Refresh" button, across many platforms. Its liberal use will also help to keep you current:

If you need a way to catch the game, there are some links to online game feeds in the forum entitled “Links, Books Media and Sam’s Writings”. We do not endorse, promote, partner with or in any way sanction any media player; they are public listings.

Boston Celtics (39-15) at Toronto Raptors (36-16)

Tipoff: 7:30 pm EST Tuesday February 06, 2018, Stadium: Air Canada Centre

TV: TSN, NBCS-B (NBC Sports Boston Pre-game show starts at 7:00 PM)
Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/ontv

Box Score:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boston-celtics-denver-nuggets-2018012907/

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=400975544

Odds:
TOR -[TBD]

Go Celtics!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Raptors - February 06, 2018

Post by gyso on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:09 am

Irving, Morris may return when Celtics face Raptors

http://www.espn.com/nba/preview?gameId=400975544

TORONTO -- The Boston Celtics could have both Kyrie Irving and Marcus Morris back in the lineup Tuesday night when they play the Toronto Raptors at the Air Canada Centre.

Irving (right quad contusion) and Morris (bruised left hip) are both listed as questionable when the Eastern Conference-leading Celtics take on the Raptors, who are two games behind in second place.

Both, however, made the trip to Toronto and Morris has indicated that he is ready to play Tuesday.

Shane Larkin (sore right knee) and Marcus Smart (lacerated right hand) both remain listed as out.

The Celtics continue to win despite the injuries. They are on a four-game winning streak after Al Horford's buzzer-beater gave them a 97-96 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday. The Celtics trailed by 16 points at halftime.

Irving has missed three games in a row and Morris the past two.

"Coach (Brad Stevens) called a play for Jaylen (Brown), and as he's calling it he's saying, 'Keep the ball, keep the ball. Go score,' " Horford said of his winning shot. "They read it perfectly because I wanted to hand him the ball and they stayed very tight to him. So once that happened I was very aggressive, went to a go to move. It was like, 'I've got to find a way to score.' Took my time. That's a shot I work on a lot, and it felt good that it went in."

The Raptors kept pace with the Celtics when they defeated the Memphis Grizzlies 101-86 Sunday in a game that started at noon.

The Raptors depended on their bench for this win as Delon Wright led them in scoring with 15 points and Fred VanVleet had 13. DeMar DeRozan led the starters with 13 points.

Raptors coach Dwane Casey praised the young players on the team.

"I thought they played well," Casey said. "The starters must have hung out last night, but you know, these are the scariest games and the fact that you look out there and you don't see Mike Conley, you don't see (Chandler) Parsons, whoever it is with Memphis, and human nature is to let down and I was afraid of that at the start of the game and it happened.

"But our young guys, they brought the energy, they did what they were supposed to do, and their plus/minus was off the charts, 25, 26, 26, 36 with Delon (Wright). So, they came in and did their job."

Give them credit for the game today," DeRozan said. "They did what they are supposed to do. I made a joke that the old guys can't get up this early in the morning for the game. They came out with a lot of energy and they did what they were supposed to do, and they got us this win (Sunday)."

The Raptors had C.J. Miles back in the lineup after he had missed three games with a sore right knee and he had two points in five minutes.

The first time the teams met this season was Nov. 12 when the Celtics defeated the Raptors 95-94 at TD Garden.

Horford led the Celtics with 21 points in that game. Boston came up with a defensive stop as the clock expired to preserve the victory. DeRozan scored 24 points for Toronto.

The Celtics are a strong defensive team.

When asked Monday after practice how his team could combat Boston's defense, Casey said: "Make sure we space the floor. Play aggressive, physical offense. We've got to set solid screens. But most of all, we've got to play with force."

Casey felt that in the first meeting with the Celtics did too much standing around and "weren't moving the ball."

The Celtics, meanwhile, have shown they are a difficult opponent even when depleted by injuries.

"Just shows the character of our team, that we're always ready, can always count on one another," Terry Rozier said. "We have eight guys, 10 guys on the bench. Smart not playing is still there giving us encouragement -- ways we can do better. We're still a unit. Obviously, Kyrie is not going to play every game, so we're going to have to have that next-man-up mental

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi everyone. This should be fun. There's good news.

Chris Forsberg
ESPN Staff Writer
Celtics coach Brad Stevens said both Kyrie Irving and Marcus Morris made it through shootaround without issue and both are expected to play versus Raptors. Irving has missed the last three games with a quad bruise.

This is the first of four straight tough games. Then it's at Washington and at home against Indiana and Cleveland.

Then it's still home against the Clippers and then to the All-Star break and only 23 remaining games. It's getting very interesting. Hayward might still make it back. The roster is undeniably stacked. Irving and Morris coming back should be a huge lift. I still can't believe the Celtics have Kyrie Irving. Ainge is a mastermind genius. We shall soon find out about Marcus Smart. It's nice knowing Rozier is clutch. Smart will stay or go. It's out of our hands. I am trusting Danny Ainge a lot lately.
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 pm

I think the below signifies Brad believes the Celtics are brimming at the rim with talent and balance. He must love the Monroe signing. He needs Marcus Smart or a guard has to be swapped back. I wouldn't count on Larkin against Golden State and Cleveland. Or at least he's nowhere as good as Marcus Smart. Smart's a knucklehead, but hopefully he learned his lesson and will grow as a person and especially help the team. That's selfish of me, but that's life. His personal stuff is his own life. Just stop shooting so much and what's up with the turnovers. I'm not seeing many assists there. I do love the defense.

Chris Forsberg
ESPN Staff Writer
Celtics coach Brad Stevens on the trade deadline: "My cell phone works up here [in Toronto] sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. So I'll probably have to find out from [reporters] if anything happens. But I don't think -- I'm hopeful that we don't make a lot of change."
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:19 pm

Isn't the Cleveland game at home, Paul Pierce night???  That is Sunday, I should know I have tried for two months to find a ticket or two!!!!!!  They send out pre release announcements for tickets and when they sent me the one for PP night, I went right on line. I know NY Celt did the same thing. I found the prices were unreal. Guess my old saying of "being there is twice the fun", has to go in the trash these days with the price of tickets. Nothing under $500 for garbage seats that you would get a nosebleed you would be so high.  Those days are gone.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:20 pm

They are really trying hard to trade Tyreke, he has been out of the lineup since the end of last week or earlier. No injuries!!
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:24 pm

I could see the pregame warm ups on my feed. It looks cold. They are already singing the anthem.
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Rosters need to be set. This is ridiculous mayhem every year at this same time. I just want to see a good game and get the win. Poor Marcus Smart. He's not that bad a guy.

Cleveland is beating up on Orlando.
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 pm

That's odd. After both anthems, the players are back to practicing. Kyrie is out there. Phew. Horford as point guard was going to the well a bit too much. Tonight would have been a loss without Kyrie I bet in some conjecture world.
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:34 pm

I wonder why they just don't start the game. They say it's for 7:30. That's false advertising.
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Phil Pressey wrote:I wonder why they just don't start the game. They say it's for 7:30. That's false advertising.

that's TV starting time, not tip off.
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi all, this should be a good game, with both teams vying to prove that they're the top dog in the East, but it's still only 1 game of 82. Glad that Kyrie and Morris are back. I'm not too concerned about Kyrie, but I'm a little worried about Morris with his injury - will it stiffen up during the game?
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:42 pm

Good evening all.  This is a big game    This is a high scoring team, everyone better have brought their A game
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:43 pm

the Toronto announcer yelled "fly eagles fly" when Lowry hit his 2nd 3.

Eagles? Oh, just anybody who is playing Boston, huh?

Idiot.
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Let's get Kyrie going, back in the swing of things.  

Mike said  Jaylen twisted his ankle stepping on Baynes foot. Working thru it
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Raptors aren't missing!
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Who is guarding Lowry?
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:46 pm

This is one fast paced game so far
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Evening gents,and Rosalie!

Glad Kyrie and Morris are back for what should be a very good game!
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Tatum should have flushed that.
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:51 pm

gotta stuff those young Jedi.
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Important for Tatum to hit shots early, gives him more confidence.

Rozier didn't get whacked there?
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 pm

is that 3 or 4 missed bunnies already?
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:54 pm

RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down