gyso
dboss
Matty
cowens/oldschool
swedeinestonia
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stephen A. Smith Slams Ray Allen For Missing Paul Pierce’s Jersey Retirement - Page 2 Empty Re: Stephen A. Smith Slams Ray Allen For Missing Paul Pierce’s Jersey Retirement

Post by Matty Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:44 am

Matty wrote:Ray Allen speaks 
2018/02/ray_allen_congratulates_paul_p.html

Well I can't get the link to come up... crud..
 Lol... Bob ya beat me to it...
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Stephen A. Smith Slams Ray Allen For Missing Paul Pierce’s Jersey Retirement - Page 2 Empty Re: Stephen A. Smith Slams Ray Allen For Missing Paul Pierce’s Jersey Retirement

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:47 am

beat wrote:Hell I wasn’t there either.

beat

Watch out. Stephen A and others might call you out and say you were a disloyal fan Very Happy
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 am

swish wrote:Often times the players bury the hatchet - it seems to me the fans rarely do - with perhaps the exception of  those times when a despised one joins the team via a trade or free agency.

swish

True.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 am

Who really cares about what Stephen Smith says about Ray Allen not showing up?

And, who cares about Ray Allen showing up?

I was much more impressed that James Posey was there for Pierce than worried about Ray Allen not showing up.

One question, couldn't the Cs have found one more of those stupid folding chairs to let Posey sit with the group on the floor for the ceremony? Cripes, he probably had to buy his own seat for the day.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:04 pm

A. Sherrod Blakely @ASherrodblakely
about 43 minutes ago
Former #Celtics coach (now #Clippers coach) Doc Rivers said Ray Allen gave serious thought to attending Pierce jersey retirement but was concerned his presence would be a distraction, take away from a day that should have been (and was) all about Pierce.

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:05 pm

wideclyde wrote:Who really cares about what Stephen Smith says about Ray Allen not showing up?

And, who cares about Ray Allen showing up?

I was much more impressed that James Posey was there for Pierce than worried about Ray Allen not showing up.

One question, couldn't the Cs have found one more of those stupid folding chairs to let Posey sit with the group on the floor for the ceremony?  Cripes, he probably had to buy his own seat for the day.

Clyde,

James Posey was there because James Posey is an assistant coach for Tyronn Lue in Cleveland and we were playing Cleveland that day.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:22 pm

bobheckler wrote:A. Sherrod Blakely @ASherrodblakely
about 43 minutes ago
Former #Celtics coach (now #Clippers coach) Doc Rivers said Ray Allen gave serious thought to attending Pierce jersey retirement but was concerned his presence would be a distraction, take away from a day that should have been (and was) all about Pierce.

reply retweet like

bob

Bingo!

Glad you posted this Bob. This is something I guessed at as one possibility earlier in this thread. Allen always showed class and consideration for others.

Maybe the roll over Ray train can switch tracks with that being out.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:08 pm

If ever there was a time to promote healing of old wounds it was Sunday.

Pierce would have broken the ice with a very nice speech and could have said........Ray I love you Peace to you........TD Garden would have gone nuts. KG would have been moved to join in.........and a spot light could have shown Ray Waving or walking out to shake Pierces hand!

Moment lost...........for them..........however for me as a Fan.........still a traitor!

Sorry.........you can forgive..........but you cannot forget! It still leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth that he went to the most hated team in the NBA for Celtic fans!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2