Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus.

+14
NYCelt
beat
Berlin-T
k_j_88
RosalieTCeltics
mulcogiseng
willjr
bobc33
bobheckler
dboss
mrkleen09
kdp59
international
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus. Empty Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus.

Post by international Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Shams Charania
✔️
@ShamsCharania

Sources: Celtics center Daniel Theis has suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee and will undergo season-ending surgery. Theis emerged as an important reserve for Boston this season.

international

Back to top Go down

Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus. Empty Re: Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus.

Post by international Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Danny is going to get a free agent big man....Jared Sullinger ?

international

Back to top Go down

Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus. Empty Re: Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus.

Post by kdp59 Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:50 pm

And Irving's knee is an issue now too

so much for depth
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Makes the Greg Monroe deal even more important. Will miss Daniel's rebounding and defensive hustle
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:15 pm

NBA Rumors: Daniel Theis To Have Season-Ending Surgery On Torn Meniscus

NESN Darren Hartwell on Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 1:30PM

When it rains, it pours. The injury-riddled Boston Celtics were dealt another tough blow Monday, learning that reserve big man Daniel Theis has a torn meniscus that will require season-ending surgery, according to Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports. Theis suffered the injury Sunday night during Boston’s game against the Indiana Pacers, and head coach Brad Stevens initially didn’t believe it was too serious. “He walked into the training room as I was leaving,” Stevens said after the Celtics’ 99-97 loss. “He said he felt a little better. I think he got kneed, but I don’t think that that’s anything more than a knee-to-knee or knee-to-thigh — right above his knee.” But Theis underwent an MRI on Monday morning that revealed a far worse ailment, it appears. The 25-year-old rookie from Germany made the most of his limited minutes this season, emerging as a surprising contributor off the Celtics’ bench. He averaged 5.3 points and 4.9 rebounds per game despite playing under 15 minutes per contest and shot 54.1 percent from the floor. Kyrie Irving also left Sunday’s game with a knee injury, while Jaylen Brown (concussion) and Al Horford (illness) missed the contest, as well. The C’s could lean more heavily on Greg Monroe in Theis’ absence, while fellow big men Aron Baynes and Marcus Morris also could see an uptick in minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:35 pm

This is bad news.  Celts could use a replacement.  DT brings that energy that will be missed.  Need to find a replacement asap.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Brad has said they will use Semi as 5 and Yabu.

Good Lord.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:51 pm

Bad news for this season, Theis may not have played big minutes but his contributions were steady and valuable. Others can step up but this reduces Brad’s overall ability to match up night in and night out.

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:41 pm

The hits keep coming. Marcus Smart has torn thumb tendon and will be out indefinitely.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:59 pm

willjr wrote:The hits keep coming. Marcus Smart has torn thumb tendon and will be out indefinitely.

holy shit!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Many of us had gone from liking Theis to loving his game and hustle. He will be missed during the stretch run.

Next? Welcome back Bear. This is the time to show what you got. You have been playing in Maine and now it's time to earn your spot. I have no doubt that you will do so.

Guess it's time to give up on a sixty win season but I'm still down for going to the Finals.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:23 pm

Here is a link to the Smart injury story.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755957-report-marcus-smarts-thumb-injury-diagnosed-as-torn-tendon-out-indefinitely

Last edited by willjr on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:25 pm

WE SHOULD USE THE REST OF THE SEASON AND PLAYOFF RUN AS A TALENT EVALUATION. THE OFF SEASON CAN BE A PERIOD OF PRUNING THE CURRENT ROSTER THROUGH.......TRADES TO FILL NEEDS.......RELEASE.......TO OPEN UP ROSTER SPOTS AND EVALUATE NEW TALENT ENTERING THE ORGANIZATION FROM THE DRAFT.

WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR AND THE RETURN OF HAYWARD!

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Boy, talk about the walking wounded. This is awful. I feel bad for Theis, he has had such a terrific rookie season. Marcus's injury does not surprise me, he was in alot of pain last night when it happened, is it the same hand as the last injury?

I say sit Kyrie for a few games, we are not going to catch Toronto and Cleveland is not going to catch us. Get him as healthy as possible. Jaylen will be back when ready, I am not worried about him and Al is just sick.

I did not think Danny would sign someone else, especially Sully. That ship has sailed in my opinion. Monroe will play alot more minutes and that will have to suffice. Semi, okay on
defense, forget his offense, I have no idea where it went.
Yabusele is the wild card here. Even five good minutes would be a help

Wow.........this is disappointing.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Damn it... Not good. Can't replace his hustle.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Christian Wood might be worth a flyer for the rest of the year.

http://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/#!/1626174/stats/?p=christian-wood
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:04 pm

They already announced that Yabu was called back to the big club today, so I really think this is IT
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:09 pm

With 5 players out (Al will probably be back soon making it 4) I don't think our chances are good for a run to the finals. Might be best to recoup and get well for next year. Especially damaging are the injuries to Smart, Theis and Brown (hope he recovers soon from his concussion).
Where has the luck of the Irish gone?

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Too much gloom on here

We still have some damn good talent.  Now they will have to step it up.  No other team is gonna shed any tears.

An injured bear is a mean SOB. 

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Next man up has turned into next men up.  This is extraordinary.  Injuries are piling up like a high interest credit card.

Smart has been playing well as has Theis.  I do not think Boston has enough depth to weather this storm.

Kyrie's knee also remains a concern.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Hey Beat, totally agree. If this is it, why not throw in the towel now and let them all go home to rest and recuperate. Sorry, this happens. This is one way to see who performs well under the pressure. I thought they did a pretty good job against Indy, Oledipo is one great player. And Turner is right there with him. So...lets weather the storm and see how far we can go.

I will not give in. Time will tell.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:47 pm

beat wrote:Too much gloom on here

We still have some damn good talent.  Now they will have to step it up.  No other team is gonna shed any tears.

An injured bear is a mean SOB. 

beat

Agree 100%.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:57 pm

I hope that this serious injury bug that has hit the nba this year is the exception rather than the rule - after all, basketball back in the early years was billed as basically a non contact sport - and I can not recall a rash of serious injuries to compare with this year. Perhaps the size and speed of the modern players - along with officiating that permits considerably more physical contact is responsible. I don't have any numbers to back my opinion - so maybe it's just my imagination.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:02 pm

It is because of the pace of the game. Much different then years ago. Guys are not just running.........they are flying up and down the court and playing like the have 9 lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 pm

112288 wrote:It is because of the pace of the game.  Much different then years ago.  Guys are not just running.........they are flying up and down the court and playing like the have 9 lives.

We're on the same page - You say they play like they have nine lives - in a recent post I said that they play with reckless abandon - in a crowd above the rim - bad things do happen in those off balance falls to the floor.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next