Comments From The Other Side - vs Wizards, Home

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Wizards, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Wizards, Home

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:23 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2018/03/comments-from-other-side-wizards-31418.html

Beal should score 35 and Otto 27 with Brown, Smart, Tatum and Horford not playing.. And that should be an easy 35 and 27.

Losing this game would be embarrassing If Horford sits, the Celtics would be without their 5 best players, and Theis has really started to come in as the year has progressed as well.

The Wizards shouldn’t just win — they should win going away.

The Celtics might have to play SIX rookies (not 5), TWO of whom are 2-way players, and four of whom are rookie 2nd-rounders.

it would be a bad loss, but don't underestimate how hungry reserves are to show they can play (and make a living in the nba).

This game could be one of those where the Celtics reserves put up an unlikely fight. The wiz "should" win and may even blow them out, who knows, but these are the types of games reserves aim for, especially at home.

If the Wizards, a team full of professionals and in a very tight race for playoff seeding, get so outworked by a team that will dress and play FOUR rookie second-round picks and six rookies overall, and start only one of their five opening day starters that they lose, then they deserve the first-round exit that is facing them.

History has shown time and again that a superior general with fewer troops and weapons can prevail over a larger, better-equipped force led by an inferior general. I view Brad Stevens as a superior coach, and his record over the past 3 seasons provides strong evidence that he is a superior coach. The Celtics still have plenty of firepower to beat a Wizards team that plays like it did in its last two games. Brooks will need to do a better job play-calling and they will have to play 48 minutes or until their points lead/minutes remaining exceeds 10, whichever comes first.

We're giving up four/five points alone with Brooks v. Stevens

Well since the wizards didn't play defense yesterday, they should be well rested to take on the undermanned Celtics.

Seeding doesn't matter Beating our top teir peers does… I lowkey want 7-8 seed anyway, atleast we have an EXCUSE with the Wall injury.

I lowkey want to face Boston in the 1st round for a revenge series Wiz could be a sleeper team with Wall hitting his stride when the playoffs start. It’d be great to see Boston bounced in the 1st round after this much hyped "season of Kyrie"

Kyrie will do Kyrie things. He’s a stud. But a lot of their early season success involved their young guys, who have fallen back to earth. Tatum in particular got slammed by the rookie wall. Kid still has a very bright future tho. We’d have 3 of the top 4 players in that series. (Yeah I’m putting Otto over Horford – what!???)

Horford is out We legit can’t lose this.

Brown being out should be a break for Beal, but I hope it opens up his 3 ball and less dribbling. Baynes is irritating and big but Greg Monroe has had field days with Gortat, it would be smart for Brooks to keep an eye out for that.

Tatum's gonna hit like six 3s and keep the Celts in the game until the fourth quarter, then we'll pull away. Right now, I have no trust that this team can take care of business.

Rozier will get a triple double and Greg Monroe a double double of 30 points and 15 rebounds, ugh, crazy thing it could happen. Goes to double overtime, but we win because half their team fouls out and they have to play 5 on 4 in the 2nd to.

Lol fair point, we should be super physical If we can foul a couple guys out/get them ejected we win

I don’t like our chances tonight. Even with their myriad of injuries, they’ve seemed to keep chugging along each time. Their defense is ridiculous even tho it’s fallen off a bit, and I think we are gonna struggle to get quality looks. No Horford is huge huge huge for us cuz he routinely kills us on both ends. Plus, its Wizards tradition to lose to a depleted squad.

https://twitter.com/WashWizards/status/974035481955586048
Washington Wizards
✔️
@WashWizards
Morris twins checking in for #WizCeltics #DCFamily #FOE

2:32 PM - Mar 14, 2018 · Boston, MA
68 people are talking about this

Which one has the black clothes for the funeral game?

Wait that injury report doesn't even make sense. That is like their whole starting line up. Trap game ALL OVER. I really hope the Wiz are up for this one.

Rozier about to go off

Never comfortable when we are at such a big coaching disadvantage. But we should win this one

Marcus morris Is the Harvey grant to our Horace grant

Classic trap game. I expect us to come out completely lethargic. 10-15pt deficit in the first half. Strong comeback in the 4th quarter but too little too late.

We could've had Harden. FML.

I'm scared, a back to back vs a bunch of guys who want to prove that they belong. Could be bad

Another loss, it's just a question of how long before I turn it off.

This will be a W for wiz. Celtics have no players hahaha

Wait wait wait. Horford, Kyrie and Jaylen Brown are out?? Loss lol!!!!

9-2 deficit early. Boston playing with energy and focus. Wizards playing lethargic.

Nice start. Gortat and Kieff brought their D games tonight. Rolling Eyes

Boston playing a zone. Good ball movement should exploit that.

Only the beginning But it’s looking like we’re going to play down to the Reserve Celts#SOWIZARDS

Maybe we should bench the starters and let the reserves from both teams have a night on national televison.

When is Scott getting fired again?

21 million guaranteed after this season and three more years. No time soon

Markieff Morris is now playing for Boston by the way according to Doris Burke.

This Boston team has great depth.

ESPN loves slobbering over Boston Absolutely sick

Damn I like how they're showing us what Brooks is saying "we got to do things to make them miss, not just hope they miss" Damn.

The Celtics look like they're playing a college team

37 pts by their C team...hahahahahah

Larkin looks quick as shit this game.

This team is pathetic Absolutely no heart. No effort on D. Giving up 37 points to the Celtics D team, what a joke. This team is really hard to root for.

Scott is trash lately.

1st round exit... Might as well drop to 6th now... Which I am sure they will...

Are the Celtics better without Kyrie, Horford and Smart?

You're joking but Rozier legit balled out last time Kyrie went down Clearly not better than Kyrie, but the dude made the most of his opportunity

Man Tatum is niiiiice

Tatum looks like he did in summer league

Brad Stevens a damn good coach. His second unit is playing just a good as the starters.

They are making Greg Monroe All-NBA. Ernie should have gotten him after his buyout. Guess not..

Moose will be tough on us in any scenario We wont beat Cs in a series if Horford and Monroe are healthy, sad fact

Brad Stevens is embarrassing this franchise.

Its not him... It is US, our players... Our coach...

Even a comeback can’t make you un-see this.

Yalllll love Brad Stevens Is it his boyish charm? I get he’s a good coach but come on…

He's arguably the best coach in the NBA, but other than that what is there to like?

Moose owns Kieff inside on both ends

Can definitely see us digging out the hole and then not having enough left in the tank to win

I love Scott Brooks, the psychologist Scott Brooks asked before the game if he had concern about guys not getting up for this game. "No. I mean, you’ve got to go out there & compete. If you don’t, you have no chance."

Meeks on Tatum? You might as well put Doris Burke on him.

The Celtics can blow the Wiz out with half its roster out. Ainge is a good GM

BOS has six guys out but playing a four-man bench consisting of Abdel Nader, Semi Ojeleye, Shane Larkin and Greg Monroe and that unit has scored 25 points

Keef wants to win

And just owns his little brother based on forces far greater than basketball talent

Lol Little by 7mins?! Haha

No doubt about it. Wizards need a strong start in the 3rd. Hopefully, that will spook the Celtics’ 3rd stringers, and they’ll start second-guessing themselves.

At least Wiz got back in the game. I'm sure none of these Celtics played a minute together all season, Wizards just need to stop settling for those contested jumpers they were taking in the 1st qtr. And actually try on the defensive end.

I don’t think it is easy to get a Stevens-coached team to give up.

They're going to play Moose a lot and we have to handle him Greg knows his bread and butter and will score at will on Kieff if they feed him, but Kieff at C is our best lineup…conundrum

Otto looks like he needs a cane

"long arms of Bradley Beal" " he has great athleticism" - where does Doris Burke get this stuff?

Lol you can tell beal and tatum have trained with the same dude

Why does this 5 point lead feel like a 25 point lead for Boston

Will somebody give Beal a couple orange slices for cryingoutloud? Maybe a mypillow will help him get some sleep. He looks like Benjamin Button out there

PLEASE let the Wizards win this game! I’m a nervous wreck!! [For those of you wondering why I’m a nervous wreck, I made a huge moneyline bet on the Wizards tonight. Thought the "W" was gonna be a gimme. Unfortunately, nothing is a gimme when it comes to the Wizards.]😞

Baynes is a freaking flop artist With a terrible man bun wth

LOL That was not a foul of Banes. That was Sato playing foul 😞

Brooks woke his team up Maybe in time to save the season.

Great fight tonight!

I expect after this time out Monroe will come in the game and we'll see if the Wizards maintain their lead.

Now the talent is starting to show.

Beal on Larkin now...probably smart.

I think Larken has played well. Think coach sat him too long

Do not let Rozier get started

If this game comes down to coaching or Beal in the clutch, we're going to lose.

Wiz getting beat by Celtics second unit.... This game is Celtics game to lose...

More like 3rd unit.

Brahhh Brad Stevens is gonna be up there with Pop that man is the goat lol

I'm not impressed with the Wizards their entire offense runs through Bradley Beal hogging the ball.

G league Celtics with some guy named Larkin is giving u a beat down should be up 10 !! What a garbage team . First round play off exit guaranteed

Brad drew up an actual play with 1.2 secs left... Chess and checkers

Couldn't even defend with 1.7sec on the clock SMH….

Example of depth:

Celtics have this guy Nader who was G-League rookie of the year. We use a roster spots for an entire year on a guy with a broken arm who might not be good anyway.

Game and another brilliant play out of a timeout. Funny how their best player this game gets the shot and wide open at that.

Does Marcus Morris always hit big shots when he plays Keef.

You can tell a lot about a coach from their out-of-timeout plays.

Nice to see a coach who can draw up OOT plays, instead of isos.

Marcus Morris is a Wizards killer.

Losing to 3rd string Celtics... This Rivalry is over guys... Lets just draft and rebuild...

Speed kills. We had Rozier and Larkin trapped twice and they ran away from the trap with ease.

Meeks just earned his season salary

MUST win this now. No excuses.

Nice shot, but wow that was terrible d

It was more of the Celtics messing up, Marcus Morris was ball watching

Now Marcus Morris has a higher season high than his big brother And Marcus generally does not start.

Maybe those Morris twins are on the same body/b-ball clock. Keef goes for 29, and now Marcus is unstoppable the very next night

We're turning Marcus Morris into KD.

How do we stop Marcus Morris enough to win the game?

Yabusele is about the same size as Kevin Seraphin.

He might be even thicker than Kevin tbh.

They had the better Morris tonight...

Marcus has a history of playing better than normal vs wizards.

Refs really messing up the rhythm here

Blatant push off by Terry Rozier. The officials must like that move

That is called away from Boston guaranteed! Sad.

That was a bailout call because Tatum was about to lose the ball

Those morris twins...they have their moments for sure.

Brooks is brain dead.

That should have been a play on...not a fan of those calls.

Nevermind, I take that back, clear foul

Dumbest team in basketball. Stevens owns Brooks. Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Good job Brooks calling an unnecessary timeout

Dodged a bullet there nba players miss a shit ton of free throws for being in the nba...

Don't take the foul you brain dead twit. Take a timeout with no time to get the ball across mid-court and have Morris inbound the ball!!! Doesn’t get much dumber than that!

At this point I don't even give a **** who wins. Pathetic attempt at closing out the game.

Assisted greatly by a horrible no-call on Rozier's 3, tho

Love how Celtics fans were leaving after their last turnover. Just kept saying to myself, have you ever seen the Wizards play a basketball game before?

Lol at the fans who left

They have to be new at basketball or something

Honestly, I don't care if we lose

Seriously, Brooks is a bottom five coach

Take Kieff out. He can't guard his brother

Can Celtics **** off and stop clawing back  

Beal does not have the clutch gene.

I'm okay with everyone else but Beal shooting

Idc who wins anymore. Somebody just end this lolol

Morris is anti-clutch as well.

OP got away with a really dumb foul.

OMG. We got a win. Or we survived a win. Thankfully.

Haha, I’ll take this lucky win

Just get on the bus and get out of Boston!

Brooks totally outcoached Stevens in this one. Toyed with him really. Brooks playing chess, Stevens playing checkers, and all that.

I bet you believe in the tooth fairy as well.

Lucky

Too bad the Boston Celtics couldn't muster up any luck of their own he? Guess we just out-lucked them

Celtics played hard, we just had more talent.

Credit to the Celtics. They were playing with rookies and g league talent and took our team that was just missing one guy to double OT. They are one deep team.

This is an embarrassing win.  If the Wiz just barely beat the G-League Celtics then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Those Celtics played hard and together as a team.  Sure beats iso Beal.  They brought it.  All credit to them.  But still, the Wiz should have dominated and they didn't.  

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down