+5
Matty
mulcogiseng
Pumpsie Green
bobheckler
international
9 posters

Go down

Surgery for Smart. Empty Surgery for Smart.

Post by international Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:00 pm

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/report-marcus-smart-undergo-surgery-friday

international

Back to top Go down

Surgery for Smart. Empty Re: Surgery for Smart.

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:53 pm

And the beat goes on...

6 week rehab makes it possible for him to be back for some of the playoffs, assuming we're still in the playoffs. Theis and Smart are definitely out for the first round.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:28 pm

bobheckler wrote:And the beat goes on...

6 week rehab makes it possible for him to be back for some of the playoffs, assuming we're still in the playoffs.  Theis and Smart are definitely out for the first round.

bob

I thought Theis was done for the season.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Hey NBA you better get it done quick because if Marcus comes back the first of May your chances dim. If Hayward comes back the end of May all bets are off.

It's only one game. We learn more soon. But I think that almost everyone on this forum is impressed with just how deep this bench really is. Every player from one to 15 has value on the court. Every player is willing and prepared to be that next man up. That's a real credit to Danny and Brad.

The Celtics have been hit with a rash of injuries. But what does it really mean? Gordon was lost the first game of the season so he has never really factored into this year's team. Chances are he doesn't come back. Theis is a big loss for how the bench played. But we have great bench players. Horford was sick and will play. Kyrie is being rested but will be totally ready for the playoffs. Shane will soon be off minute restrictions. Jaylen starts protocol this weekend and will be back on the court as soon as he passes which means not that long. The big loss right now is Smart but he will be back for the playoffs and this team is not going to lose to a seven seed.

We are in good shape for the shape we are in. With Smart out we are still vulnerable to Cleveland and Toronto and can play even with Indiana and Washington. With Smart in we are vulnerable only to Toronto.

I like our chances.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Ugh.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Surgery for Smart. DYcJYRGUQAACWG4

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 35 minutes ago
In the Marcus Smart story but click anyway: 6 weeks is second round, 8 weeks is conference finals. Recent precedent is Chris Paul, who was out 6-8 weeks for UCL surgery and returned just over 5 weeks after surgery. Each case unique but precedent is good. usat.ly/2tYu07w twitter.com/jaredweissnba/…

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:20 pm

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:03 pm

The last time he missed time, he came back thinner and even better....I’m thinking he can do it again and add more to his game and comeback for 2nd round of playoffs.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:05 pm

The challenge of losing Smart again will be met.  

Hope he is a fast healer.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
Follow Follow @ShamsCharania
More
Sources: Celtics guard Marcus Smart had reevaluation on torn right UCL Monday in New York and is expected to receive clearance to return to game action at six-week mark of surgery (April 27). Smart has been cleared to start light non-contact shooting.
2:12 PM - 9 Apr 2018

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:52 am

Hopefully all goes well and he will be on the court sooner rather than later. I am not sure exactly how much help he will be but just his defense will be a plus. I would say he will wear some type of protection on that hand/wrist. I will welcome him back with open arms with the way things have gone in the past couple of months
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:18 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Hopefully all goes well and he will be on the court sooner rather than later. I am not sure exactly how much help he will be but just his defense will be a plus. I would say he will wear some type of protection on that hand/wrist.   I will welcome him back with open arms with the way things have gone in the past couple of months

Well we already know a protective device on his hand won't likely hurt his fg%.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Yes, Boston has won some nice games since Smart got hurt, but we need him back ASAP for the intensity, leadership, toughness, etc, etc that he brings to the team. Like his shooting or not, he is the heart and soul of our team although he is certainly not our best player. When he does his thing everyone else usually plays better.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:44 pm

You are right. I am beginning to think that all this talk about Rozier taking Smart's place is just that, talk. I know TR is a good player but even though he is not a good shooter, Smart gives this team something big,HEART. He comes on the floor, and from the first minute he plays until he is taken out, he is moving, constantly. I look forward to his return ASAP
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down