Steve Kerr on Brad Stevens: ‘He’s just got a really good way about him’

Go down

Steve Kerr on Brad Stevens: ‘He’s just got a really good way about him’ Empty Steve Kerr on Brad Stevens: ‘He’s just got a really good way about him’

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:34 pm

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/19/golden-state-warriors-steve-kerr-on-boston-celtics-brad-stevens-hes-just-got-a-really-good-way-about-him/

Steve Kerr on Brad Stevens: ‘He’s just got a really good way about him’

By: Greg Cassoli | 3 hours ago

Steve Kerr on Brad Stevens: ‘He’s just got a really good way about him’ Gettyimages-911230070

Golden State Warriors’ head coach Steve Kerr had nice things to say about his counterpoint with the Boston Celtics, Brad Stevens.

Steve Kerr and Brad Stevens are widely regarded as two of the NBA’s best head coaches. On Sunday, the former likened himself to the latter in many ways.

“I think so,” Kerr told the Boston Herald’s Steve Bulpett, when asked about whether or not he possessed a similar disposition to Stevens. “It wears well over time. I think guys like Brad are going to be able to coach for a long time. I hope I can say the same thing about me.”

Kerr is slightly more bombastic than Stevens, though neither coach would ever be described as particularly volatile. Both focus on continuous improvement via attention to the process of their teams’ play and not its results.

“He’s got a great sideline demeanor. He’s very poised,” Kerr said. “And he’s obviously very sharp. You know, they run good stuff — on both sides of the ball.”

Stevens’ systems have carried the Celtics to a 213-185 record during his time with the team, despite consistently staggering levels of changes in personnel from year to year. That success comes in large part to tactics, but Kerr was quick to highlight the fact that Stevens’ impact in Boston extends beyond in-game strategy.

“They do some things defensively that a lot of teams don’t do,” he said. “They always seem to find a good shot in key situations. But I think it’s just the culture that they’ve established. You can see it. Everybody is poised and seemingly happy. He’s just got a really good way about him.”

The concept of culture is huge in Golden State (where Kerr coaches). His approval of Stevens’ ability to build a cohesive collective identity is high praise.

bob
MY NOTE:  Steve Kerr loves Brad.  Pop admits he steals Brad's plays.  Brad was offered jobs at top flight Division 1 NCAA programs and NBA jobs and he turned them all down, until Danny.  What a coup.  Think of all the times we've read Comments From the Other Side and the opposing fans are trashing our team by saying that "if it wasn't for Brad Stevens we'd be mediocre at best". I'm not saying that's true, we do have Kyrie and Al and other good players, but the respect from opposing fans is there.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down