Jalen Rose thunks the Celtics should got after Kawhi.

+7
bobheckler
RosalieTCeltics
wideclyde
dboss
Sandpd
mrkleen09
kdp59
11 posters

Go down

Jalen Rose thunks the Celtics should got after Kawhi. Empty Jalen Rose thunks the Celtics should got after Kawhi.

Post by kdp59 Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:19 am

https://nesn.com/2018/04/kawhi-leonard-to-celtics-jalen-rose-floats-blockbuster-trade-idea/?src=rss

just how many wing players does one team need, would be my question.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Jalen Rose thunks the Celtics should got after Kawhi. Empty Re: Jalen Rose thunks the Celtics should got after Kawhi.

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:26 am

They are on TV too much and run out of things to talk about. Leonard for 40 million a year? No.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Jalen Rose thunks the Celtics should got after Kawhi. Empty Re: Jalen Rose thunks the Celtics should got after Kawhi.

Post by kdp59 Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:53 am

I think he's under contract fro one more year, so Rose was talking about trading some combo of Tatum, Brown, Rozier or Horford for Leonard.

but you are right someone WILL have to back up that brinks truck for him soon enough..and that's for REAL.

IMO, we have more than enough wing players moving forward. I want an elite and younger big man joining the mix next year. I understand it will require moving a quality wing player and drafts picks to get it done. but that's my dream right now.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:15 am

kdp59 wrote:I think he's under contract fro one more year, so Rose was talking about trading some combo of Tatum, Brown, Rozier or Horford for Leonard.

but you are right someone WILL have to back up that brinks truck for him soon enough..and that's for REAL.

IMO, we have more than enough wing players moving forward. I want an elite and younger big man joining the mix next year. I understand it will require moving a quality wing player and drafts picks to get  it done. but that's my dream right now.

Maybe the C's will get lucky and land a serviceable big in the draft or Ainge might have his radar on another international player stashed away somewhere, a la Theis and Zizic. I agree that the C's will be in the market for a big as I think both Baynes and Monroe will be going to wherever the $ lures them.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:08 pm

I think the next big move is to get another center.

Monroe is probably gone after this year.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Leonard's 2017-18 season has been very confusing to me. Perhaps I have just not followed the entire, season long problems that he has had in San Antonio, but whatever the mess is tells me that I would not trade either Brown or Tatum for him at this time.

He (Leonard) is too expensive, will require high levels of players and draft picks to get him, has been injured all season (or whatever), but he has hardly played all season and I have not read anything about a potential surgery to fix what has been ailing him all year.

Just too much of a risk for me even if he was/is (?) an extraordinary player.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:45 pm

I still think, somehow, someway, he will end up back with San Antonio. But, if they wanted to trade him and the Celtics went looking, they would have to give up either Brown or Tatum and I really think it would be Tatum they would want.  Be careful what you wish for, sorry I am not on the side of trading either wing player.  Let's build from here.

He is damaged goods, he has not played a full season for two years. Got hurt and missed the playoffs in 2016-17, and has been out almost all of this year.  I think part of it is between the ears!!!!!  He looks so befuddled.  I want our kids, not him.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 8 minutes ago
“If we had to trade Jayson Tatum for Kawhi Leonard, I’m leaving town.” — Tommy Heinsohn, Celtics legend

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:32 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 8 minutes ago
“If we had to trade Jayson Tatum for Kawhi Leonard, I’m leaving town.” — Tommy Heinsohn, Celtics legend

reply retweet like

bob

+1 Million

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:04 am

bobheckler wrote:
Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 8 minutes ago

reply retweet like

bob

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:15 am

I'd rather have Kawhi than Hayward, but I am in the minority on that I would guess.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:39 am

Without stating a preference, just posing an argument:

1.  Why would we prefer Hayward over Kawhi?  

Hayward is 28 years old, a 1x All-Star, on a max contract and is coming back from a horrendous injury.  Kawhi has been injured all year but is 26 years old, NOT on a max contract (although will be someday), is an NBA Champion and Finals MVP, is a 2x DPOY and 3x All NBA Defensive First Team, NBA Steals Leader and is generally considered one of the top 3-5 players in the league.  There is probably no better defensive stopper in the league, bar none (Draymond Green is very, very good also because he can guard at least 4 positions.  Avery Bradley can only guard 3 and the 3rd is pushing it).

2.  Why would we prefer Tatum over Kawhi?

Tatum has had an excellent rookie year and shows great promise but he has only been doing it for one year and has not yet shown he'll show up in the playoffs.  He is on a rookie contract for another 4 years, and that is an advantage to the team, but the big advantage to that is that it frees up salary cap to lands someone like...Kawhi.  Kawhi is as stated above.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:09 am

bobheckler wrote:Without stating a preference, just posing an argument:

1.  Why would we prefer Hayward over Kawhi?  

Hayward is 28 years old, a 1x All-Star, on a max contract and is coming back from a horrendous injury.  Kawhi has been injured all year but is 26 years old, NOT on a max contract (although will be someday), is an NBA Champion and Finals MVP, is a 2x DPOY and 3x All NBA Defensive First Team, NBA Steals Leader and is generally considered one of the top 3-5 players in the league.  There is probably no better defensive stopper in the league, bar none (Draymond Green is very, very good also because he can guard at least 4 positions.  Avery Bradley can only guard 3 and the 3rd is pushing it).

2.  Why would we prefer Tatum over Kawhi?

Tatum has had an excellent rookie year and shows great promise but he has only been doing it for one year and has not yet shown he'll show up in the playoffs.  He is on a rookie contract for another 4 years, and that is an advantage to the team, but the big advantage to that is that it frees up salary cap to lands someone like...Kawhi.  Kawhi is as stated above.

bob

$$$

In the short term, you can have Tatum AND Hayward for the price of Leonard. In the long run, injuries. You mention Gordon's injury (the first of his career), but conveniently leave out Leonard has been injured two seasons in a row.

Rooking of the year candidate on affordable contract > Beat up veteran with chronic injuries + 40 million per
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:23 am

And of course, until the teams known the medical future for both players based on their current problems, it's not even worth thinking about.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Yeah. Kawhi, Gordon, Marcus, and Kyrie can have their own ward at Mass General Hospital.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down