Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by gyso on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:31 am

Welcome to the Game On! Forum!

Post comments and discuss the game as it happens.

Tips and Reminders:

The liberal use of the F5 - "Refresh" button on your keyboard will keep you current with the last post on the thread.

This button also acts as a "Refresh" button, across many platforms. Its liberal use will also help to keep you current:



If you need a way to catch the game, there are some links to online game feeds in the forum entitled “Links, Books Media and Sam’s Writings”. We do not endorse, promote, partner with or in any way sanction any media player; they are public listings.

Boston Celtics (53-23) at Milwaukee Bucks (41-36)

Tipoff: 8:00 pm EST Tuesday April 03, 2018, Stadium: BMO Harris Bradley Center

TV: FSWI, NBCS-B (NBC Sports Boston Pre-game show starts at 7:00 PM)
Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/ontv

Box Score:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boston-celtics-milwaukee-bucks-2018040315/

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=400975908

Odds: Mil -2.0

Go Celtics!!!

_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 12644
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by gyso on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:35 am

Bucks up against Celtics next in quest for playoff spot

http://www.espn.com/nba/preview?gameId=400975908

MILWAUKEE -- With five regular-season games left, the Milwaukee Bucks have a lot of work to do if they hope to win a playoff series for the first time in 17 years.

Assuming, of course, they make the postseason.

The Bucks hold the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference, four games ahead of the Detroit Pistons, who've stayed in the hunt with a five-game winning streak.

Milwaukee will need a strong finish to hold off Detroit and set a tone for the playoffs. The Bucks will get a chance to do just that Tuesday night when they host the Boston Celtics at the Bradley Center.

Milwaukee melted down late its last time out. The Bucks led the Denver Nuggets by 18 points with 7 1/2 minutes to play Sunday night but lost 128-125 in overtime.

"That slipped away from us," Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo said. "We just have to do a better job taking care of the ball late. Keep our composure, for sure."

Bad fourth quarters were a common theme on Milwaukee's 2-2 swing through the west. The Bucks were outscored 123-74 in games against Denver, the Los Angeles Lakers, Golden State and the Los Angeles Clippers.

"We got to learn how to close teams out," Bucks center John Henson said. "Every game on the road trip we were up double digits and we lost two of those games. So it's just a matter of time, clock management, and not letting up and making the right plays down the stretch."

The Bucks will have their work cut out for them against the Celtics, who own a six-game winning streak and have won 13 of their last 17 despite playing the last nine -- and 10 of the last 12 -- without point guard Kyrie Irving. He has been out since March 11 and underwent knee surgery March 24.

Even without their star, the Celtics are still in the hunt for the No. 1 seed in the East thanks to encouraging performances from younger players on coach Brad Stevens' roster.

Jayson Tatum, Semi Ojeleye and Jaylen Brown have all seen their roles increase with injuries to Irving, Gordon Heyward and Marcus Smart.

"(This will) certainly be the group that starts (the postseason)," Brad Stevens said. "So we'll see when those timelines -- when those guys are able to possibly be back out on the court. But we're focused on this group on the court right now. This is the group that's going to have to do that."

Like the Bucks, the Celtics are also hoping to use the final stretch of regular-season games to get into playoff shape.

"The playoffs are inching and inching closer and closer as every day goes by," Brown said. "We want to prepare as much as possible for that. We want to continue to win games.

"This series (against Milwaukee and Toronto) is super important. We're not worried about who we play against or anything like that, but we don't want to beat ourselves. So we just need to get better in these games, don't take anyone lightly, and follow the game plan."


_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 12644
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by dboss on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:04 pm

We got too many point guards.

Except when you need Kareem Allen who gets the start.  Terry is out.

Go Celts..look for Tatum to also play more Point Forward.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8365
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by bobc33 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:17 pm

dboss wrote:We got too many point guards.

Except when you need Kareem Allen who gets the start.  Terry is out.

Go Celts..look for Tatum to also play more Point Forward.

This should be a very interesting game. A challenge for Brad but should be fun to see what he comes up with.
avatar
bobc33

Posts : 7123
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:38 pm

A lot of plays going thru Al tonight. He will be the stabilizer on the floor when he is out there. Kadeem Allen must be in shock right now!!

Good evening all.  This is really a mess, huh. Anyone else going down before the playoffs???  Is this all a way of resting players? I don't think so, but I had to ask.  

Here we go again with the Hayward jogging clip.  Time to face facts, this guy is gone until September, I wish the fans would get this thru their heads.
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17610
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by bobheckler on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:40 pm

If we win this, with a player who was the #53 pick and has played a grand total of 37 minutes for the Celtics all year then we need to take to the streets with torches and pitchforks if Brad doesn't win COY. Wow. We were thin at point with the loss of Smart, then we became translucent with the loss of Kyrie but we are positively plate glass now.

Sean Grande

Verified account

@SeanGrandePBP
Follow Follow @SeanGrandePBP
More
If you had Kadeem Allen starting Game 77 at point guard for the Celtics...I mean, Kadeem Allen didn't have Kadeem Allen starting Game 77 at point guard for the Celtics.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by bobheckler on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Cavs over Raps by 8 @ Halftime. If Cleveland wins and we win, then our destiny is in our hands. We win tomorrow and we'll be tied with the Raps and owning the tie breaker.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by Berlin-T on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Good evening everyone,

Is Danny Ainge suiting up for tonight's game? He probably could shoot the ball, but I doubt if he could run up and down the court.Rolling Eyes

Berlin-T
avatar
Berlin-T

Posts : 3779
Join date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:15 pm

Very good idea Berlin!  Danny has to earn his money too!!!
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17610
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:16 pm

Another turnover turning into 2 plus 1
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17610
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:17 pm

These guys are playing like a well oiled machine.  How is this possible?
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17610
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by bobc33 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:19 pm

Evening gents, Rosalie and Berlin!

Off to a good start.........

Kyrie who?
Marcus who?
Terry who?
Shane who?

We have Kadeem Allen and the offense looks just fine, at least through the first few minutes.
avatar
bobc33

Posts : 7123
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by bobheckler on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:19 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:These guys are playing like a well oiled machine.  How is this possible?


Brad.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by Berlin-T on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:20 pm

This Allen kid can actually play the point. Amazing!
avatar
Berlin-T

Posts : 3779
Join date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by gyso on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:21 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:These guys are playing like a well oiled machine.  How is this possible?

Who'd a thunk? Stevens better get COY after this late season stretch of unreal results.

_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 12644
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by Ktronic1 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:21 pm

bobheckler wrote:If we win this, with a player who was the #53 pick and has played a grand total of 37 minutes for the Celtics all year then we need to take to the streets with torches and pitchforks if Brad doesn't win COY.  Wow.  We were thin at point with the loss of Smart, then we became translucent with the loss of Kyrie but we are positively plate glass now.

Sean Grande

Verified account

@SeanGrandePBP
Follow Follow @SeanGrandePBP
More
If you had Kadeem Allen starting Game 77 at point guard for the Celtics...I mean, Kadeem Allen didn't have Kadeem Allen starting Game 77 at point guard for the Celtics.

He should be a lock anyway but it probably wont work out that way.
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by bobc33 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Tatum just passed the ball to the ref, well he is a rookie.
avatar
bobc33

Posts : 7123
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:25 pm

This might be the game that Morris will play a bigger role.
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17610
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by bobheckler on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:If we win this, with a player who was the #53 pick and has played a grand total of 37 minutes for the Celtics all year then we need to take to the streets with torches and pitchforks if Brad doesn't win COY.  Wow.  We were thin at point with the loss of Smart, then we became translucent with the loss of Kyrie but we are positively plate glass now.

Sean Grande

Verified account

@SeanGrandePBP
Follow Follow @SeanGrandePBP
More
If you had Kadeem Allen starting Game 77 at point guard for the Celtics...I mean, Kadeem Allen didn't have Kadeem Allen starting Game 77 at point guard for the Celtics.

He should be a lock anyway but it probably wont work out that way.


Hey ktronic!! Long time no see!! How have you been?
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Sorry, I meant Monroe!  Morris will play a big part because he has to. We are running out of shooters.  Al playing hard right now, hope it continues
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 17610
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by bobheckler on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:27 pm

and that is why you draft wing players with 7' wingspans
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by Ktronic1 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:28 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:If we win this, with a player who was the #53 pick and has played a grand total of 37 minutes for the Celtics all year then we need to take to the streets with torches and pitchforks if Brad doesn't win COY.  Wow.  We were thin at point with the loss of Smart, then we became translucent with the loss of Kyrie but we are positively plate glass now.

Sean Grande

Verified account

@SeanGrandePBP
Follow Follow @SeanGrandePBP
More
If you had Kadeem Allen starting Game 77 at point guard for the Celtics...I mean, Kadeem Allen didn't have Kadeem Allen starting Game 77 at point guard for the Celtics.

He should be a lock anyway but it probably wont work out that way.


Hey ktronic!!  Long time no see!!  How have you been?

Been doing great Bob. Just took a little break. Hope all is well with you. Amazing what Brad is doing with these guys!
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by Sandpd on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi all,
So the C's are playing with a patchwork line-up against a potential 1st round opponent in the Bucks.
avatar
Sandpd

Posts : 1853
Join date : 2017-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by gyso on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Anyone else watching this game on NBA League Pass? Mine keeps giving me an occasional circle of death (buffering).

_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 12644
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by bobheckler on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:29 pm

bobc33 wrote:Tatum just passed the ball to the ref, well he is a rookie.

Yeah, but he's not color-blind. He should know the difference between black and gray.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37805
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bucks - April 03, 2018

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum