Game On! Celtics @ Raptors - April 04, 2018

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Game On! Celtics @ Raptors - April 04, 2018

Post by gyso on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Welcome to the Game On! Forum!

Post comments and discuss the game as it happens.

Tips and Reminders:

The liberal use of the F5 - "Refresh" button on your keyboard will keep you current with the last post on the thread.

This button also acts as a "Refresh" button, across many platforms. Its liberal use will also help to keep you current:

If you need a way to catch the game, there are some links to online game feeds in the forum entitled “Links, Books Media and Sam’s Writings”. We do not endorse, promote, partner with or in any way sanction any media player; they are public listings.

Boston Celtics (53-24) at Toronto Raptors (55-22)

Tipoff: 8:00 pm EST Wednesday April 04, 2018, Stadium: Air Canada Centre

TV: ESPN, TSN, NBCS-B (NBC Sports Boston Pre-game show starts at 7:00 PM)
Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/ontv

Box Score:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boston-celtics-toronto-raptors-2018040428/

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=400975917

Odds: Tor -7.0

Go Celtics!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Raptors - April 04, 2018

Post by gyso on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Celtics, Raptors jockeying for top seed

http://www.espn.com/nba/preview?gameId=400975917

TORONTO -- The Boston Celtics and the Toronto Raptors will meet for the final time in the regular season Wednesday night at the Air Canada Centre.

It will not have the significance of a playoff game but could have an influence on the postseason. The game could go a long way toward determining who will finish first in the Eastern Conference.

The Raptors have the advantage, still leading by two games despite their 112-106 loss Tuesday night to the Cavaliers in Cleveland.

The Raptors have lost five of their past eight games, including two in a row, after going on an 11-game winning streak.

"We've got to find our rhythm on both ends of the floor," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said after the game Tuesday. "We've got to find our identity both offensively and defensively."

The Celtics, however, also dropped their game against the Bucks at Milwaukee on Tuesday, 106-102.

In the first three games between the teams this season, the home team has prevailed. Boston defeated Toronto 110-99 on Saturday in their most recent meeting and has a 2-1 advantage in the season series between the teams.

The Celtics played the game Saturday without some key injured players, including guards Kyrie Irving (knee), who is out until the playoffs, and Marcus Smart (thumb). They did have Al Horford and Marcus Morris back to play against the Raptors on Saturday after both had missed the previous game with ankle sprains.

Point guard Terry Rozier, who played through a sprained ankle Saturday, did not play Tuesday at Milwaukee. Nor did his backup Shane Larkin, who missed his second straight game because of flu.

Kadeem Allen made his first NBA start for Boston.

Celtics coach Brad Stevens said he did not know whether Rozier could play Wednesday.

"Regardless of the situation, you want guys ready for the playoffs," Horford said after the game Wednesday. "If you can play, play. But if you're hurt, there's no need to put things in jeopardy. We're already thin enough as a group. We've got to think long term."

Stevens suggests that the he is not consumed by the pursuit of first place.

"There's value to winning the next game and preparing to win the next game," Stevens said. "And then all those things figure themselves out at the end. I don't think about it. We don't talk about it. We just try to win the next game."

First place does bring home-court advantage through the conference finals.

"We're going to have hard games no matter what," Stevens said. "Ultimately, if you want to win the whole thing, it doesn't matter where you play. You just play as well as you can. We have to focus on only us in the next couple of weeks, because we're still trying to figure out how to play together with this group. And I think that we're not going to get caught up in standings or any of that stuff."

Casey said one of the objectives for his team was the finish first.

"Right now, one of our goals is to finish with home-court advantage, finish at the top of the conference," Casey said before the game in Boston on Saturday. "That's what we started the year out with, and we're right there in the hunt, and that's what these games mean (Saturday), Tuesday night (in Cleveland), Wednesday night (against the Celtics) and then Friday night (against the Indiana Pacers) also."

Another of Casey's goals, however, was to keep his All-Star guards Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan fresh for the playoffs by monitoring their playing time during the regular season.

"I think it's going to make a big difference, even if it's something psychological, knowing that we didn't play that many minutes," DeRozan said. "So, if it's called for us to go out here and play big minutes at a high level, we're going to be able to do it and still feel fresh, and be able to do it the next night if need be."

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Good evening everyone. Another tough one. Larkin still not with the team, boy he must have really got hit bad by that virus that was going thru the team. He spent a few days in the hospital.  Not too sure about Rozier, according to him, he was playing tonight but they did not announce that yet.

Boy does anyone listen to pregame.  Draper is a piece of work.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:58 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Good evening everyone. Another tough one. Larkin still not with the team, boy he must have really got hit bad by that virus that was going thru the team. He spent a few days in the hospital.  Not too sure about Rozier, according to him, he was playing tonight but they did not announce that yet.

Hi Rosalie,

I cannot even imagine a flu so bad it puts a young athlete like Shane Larkin in the hospital for days. The flu from Hell.

I never listen to Draper. I love myself too much to do that to myself.
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:08 pm

bobheckler wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:Good evening everyone. Another tough one. Larkin still not with the team, boy he must have really got hit bad by that virus that was going thru the team. He spent a few days in the hospital.  Not too sure about Rozier, according to him, he was playing tonight but they did not announce that yet.

Hi Rosalie,

I cannot even imagine a flu so bad it puts a young athlete like Shane Larkin in the hospital for days.  The flu from Hell.

I never listen to Draper.  I love myself too much to do that to myself.

What did “Drapes” say tonight? I didnt hear anything new out of his annoying little ass yet per game. Tommy did look like he wanted to body slam him.
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:10 pm

I pray that this doesn’t get ugly (for us) tonight.
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:13 pm

He is in love with Philly, his "guys".  Then he starts talking about who needs to play good and it s "my guy" this my guy that.   He is irritating  as hell.  Then they got on the Kwahi topic. Mannix would trade Tatum, in the beginning he was for it, then Tommy said he was leaving town if they traded Tatum and he changed his  tune.   I have to learn to just not turn it on until the game comes on
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:14 pm

Good, get the Celtics riled up by celebrating the third pla of the game with a block.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:15 pm

Where has Phil been? Did he give up on the regular season??????

He would be going crazy, Barkley picked the 76ers to win the championship!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:16 pm

DeRosen gets better and better.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:18 pm

No foul there for Tatum??  Then Lowry gets one for nothing down the other end
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:19 pm

So, is this Doris Burks calling the game on ESPN? Did I read that she's going into the Hall of Fame?

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:20 pm

gyso wrote:So, is this Doris Burks calling the game on ESPN?  Did I read that she's going into the Hall of Fame?

I decided to listen to Mike and Scal but I might reconsider. Doris Burke is quite knowledgeable.
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:20 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:No foul there for Tatum??  Then Lowry gets one for nothing down the other end

No ball, all arm on the play. No call.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 11 minutes ago
Stevens, asked tonight if it was better to hide part of his scheme at this time of year against other playoff teanms, said, "We’re doing that well by not playing guys."

reply retweet like
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:21 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:He is in love with Philly, his "guys".  Then he starts talking about who needs to play good and it s "my guy" this my guy that.   He is irritating  as hell.  Then they got on the Kwahi topic. Mannix would trade Tatum, in the beginning he was for it, then Tommy said he was leaving town if they traded Tatum and he changed his  tune.   I have to learn to just not turn it on until the game comes on

Everybody’s “His guy”. Especially if they have a good game. I dont get him or Scal. They must have pictures on someone. How bout when Draper did play by play those couple of nights. Everytime someone hit a 3 he would say, “Bang bang Bang”, What a MOron
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Probably, she is the only woman around on a national channel that has been here for a long time. I guess it is a good thing but why not wait until she is retired from all of this
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:24 pm

bobheckler wrote:
gyso wrote:So, is this Doris Burks calling the game on ESPN?  Did I read that she's going into the Hall of Fame?

I decided to listen to Mike and Scal but I might reconsider.  Doris Burke is quite knowledgeable.
That she is. If I hear Scal say “I dont know” again, Im flying to Toronto and firing him myself
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Good sign, Morris hit his first shot
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Lowry moving while Brown was going up
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:26 pm

terrible foul call on Jaylen. That was clearly a block by Lowry
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:26 pm

Morris on a mission after last night
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 pm

Lowry is not the same player right now that he was at the start of the year when they blew the Celtics off the court. He is struggling with his shot
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:29 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Lowry is not the same player right now that he was at the start of the year when they blew the Celtics off the court. He is struggling with his shot

He's 32 years old, has played 13 seasons and 74 games this year and is averaging 32mpg. He might just be worn down.
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:Morris on a mission after last night

He damn well oughta be. He cost us that game.
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next