Last Game of The Season Empty Last Game of The Season

Post by dboss Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:02 pm

How did we get here this fast.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Last Game of The Season Empty Re: Last Game of The Season

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:20 am

dboss wrote:How did we get here this fast.

dboss,

Time flies when you're having fun, and this year was fun.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:56 am

bobheckler wrote:

dboss,

bob

Agreed, please tell that to kitronic....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:27 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

dboss,

bob

Cow,

You and I aren't the only competitive SOBs on this board. There are a few others who like to win.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:36 pm

It's gone by amazingly fast, it feels like just yesterday that we were 5+minutes into our first game and thinking, "d@mn, there goes the season."

However I think more than anything else I think we've been shown that once healthy, everyone back this is going to be a very, very special team.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Clearly a great regular season to be a fan of the Boston Celtics! I have had a blast following this young, resourceful squad under the eye of perhaps the best coach in the league, Brad Stevens.

I have to admit being quite frustrated with all of the injuries the Cs have had, but they are not controllable by fans, players or coaches. Not sure how far the team could go with such a huge turnover from last year's roster, but even with the load of injuries the team won even more than last season.

Playoffs begin with the Cs, unfortunately still pretty banged up, but I am sure that this group will play their best in every round they play. It would not be their way to play less than their best which, of course, is one of the team's traits that I am sure that we all appreciate.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:20 pm

How to figure out who the Celtics will be playing in the playoffs after tonight.

Last Game of The Season DagysKjWAAInPYc?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:44 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

dboss,

bob

You just did! I think you fail to understand my psyche. I get pissed when we lose to lesser teams, especially when WE lose the game as opposed to getting beat. Everyone tells me that i get too upset and should just enjoy the game. I do enjoy the game and this year has been fun but the poor play against lesser teams really irritates me and I wish that it didnt. I know some of these games at the end of this season don’t mean a whole  lot but losing to ATL due to, in mhu bad strategy.....is upsetting to me. I’ve been following this team and attending games since 64. I’ll always love them. If I didnt love the team I wouldnt get upset.
Thats my story and Im sticking to it. :>)

Last edited by Ktronic1 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:45 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

dboss,

bob

Cow,

You and I aren't the only competitive SOBs on this board.  There are a few others who like to win.

bob

Thanks Bob
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:16 pm

I can relate believe me.

Nobody was more upset than me in 11 when we traded Perk and weakend our historic D. I even felt worse for KG and Pierce because in basketball years, they didn’t have much time left to play at their optimum level. I think with this team most of us were just waiting to see what we have and greatly surprised once we lost Hayward how competitive this team is/was. No question we all know with a healthy Hayward and Kyrie we have enough firepower/offense/depth to blow away any team. I didn't know that at the start of the season, didn’t know Kyrie is soo dazzling, didn’t know Tatum would be this good and Brown would make such a leap as a 2 way player....now we know and since I wasn’t expecting anything, I’m really enjoying seeing the growth of the franchise. In 11 we were already at the tail end and I wanted that team to win it all to prove they were great enough to be a multiple championship team, it was that important to me. I’m demented and it crushed me that that team didn’t win in 10 and boy was I pissed when Perk left....that team had a historic defense that we hung our identity on, they were talented enough for multiple titles and with a little luck and health should have gotten there, what a shame!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:42 pm

When healthy, this is the best team in the league. Better than HOU, GSW, TOR, and CLE. We've seen what this team can do even when so clearly short-handed.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:59 pm

This has gone by much too fast.  I still remember sitting in a theatre in NYC and getting a message from a friend about Hayward.  When I went back to the hotel I searched the news for hours trying to see how he was.  Finally another message telling me how bad it was and I was crushed.
But.....I have enjoyed every minute of this season, these guys have grown so much and we had the chance to watch it all.  Kyrie erased all the drama over losing IT, and the season went full steam ahead.

Here's hoping they all come back strong as hell next year and show the league how lucky they were that we were not a whole team at the end of the season. 

Milwaukee is going to be a handful, but if they play up to their abilities we will move forward

Wow, this was fun so far
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down