Go down

Coaching Changes

Post by bobheckler on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
13h13 hours ago
More
Knicks dismissed coach Jeff Hornacek, league sources tell ESPN. Management informed Hornacek of decision upon returning to New York late tonight.

344 replies 2,767 retweets 5,813 likes
Reply 344 Retweet 2.8K Like 5.8K

Bleacher Report

Verified account

@BleacherReport
Follow Follow @BleacherReport
More
Orlando has fired coach Frank Vogel after two seasons, per @wojespn

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by dboss on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Mark Jackson is on the short list.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:57 pm

dboss wrote:Mark Jackson is on the short list.

Whatever it takes to get him away from a microphone. drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:26 pm

gyso wrote:

+1

He is pretty aggravating.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:25 pm

dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:

+1

He is pretty aggravating.

Hand down! Man down!

???

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:33 am

momma...there goes that man!

kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:28 am

+3.
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:28 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/04/13/charlotte-hornets-fire-coach-steve-clifford-after-five-seasons/514169002/

Charlotte Hornets fire coach Steve Clifford after five seasons

Jeff Zillgitt, USA TODAY Sports Published 10:19 a.m. ET April 13, 2018

The Charlotte Hornets have fired coach Steve Clifford, the team announced Friday morning.

Clifford, whose Hornets missed the postseason for the second consecutive season, had been the coach for five seasons with a 196-214 record. That run included two postseason appearances, both of which ended in first-round exits.

“I want to thank Coach Clifford for his contributions to the Hornets,” new Hornets president of basketball operations and general manager Mitch Kupchak said in a statement. “I know he has worked incredibly hard on behalf of the organization and we wish him the best moving forward. The search for a new coach will begin immediately.”

This is the third coaching dismissal since the end of the regular season on Wednesday. New York fired Jeff Hornacek and Orlando fired Frank Vogel.

Expect more coaching changes, too. Jay Triano is the interim coach for Phoenix and is a candidate but the Suns have opened a search. J.B. Bickerstaff is also the interim

bob
MY NOTE:  Michael Jordan and Mitch Kupchak, the Laurel and Hardy of professional basketball.  MJ was an amazing player, of course, but has been a disaster as an owner and Kupchak was revealed as the flunky he is after Dr Jerry Buss passed away.

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:07 am

bobheckler wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/04/13/charlotte-hornets-fire-coach-steve-clifford-after-five-seasons/514169002/

Charlotte Hornets fire coach Steve Clifford after five seasons

Jeff Zillgitt, USA TODAY Sports Published 10:19 a.m. ET April 13, 2018

The Charlotte Hornets have fired coach Steve Clifford, the team announced Friday morning.

Clifford, whose Hornets missed the postseason for the second consecutive season, had been the coach for five seasons with a 196-214 record. That run included two postseason appearances, both of which ended in first-round exits.

“I want to thank Coach Clifford for his contributions to the Hornets,” new Hornets president of basketball operations and general manager Mitch Kupchak said in a statement. “I know he has worked incredibly hard on behalf of the organization and we wish him the best moving forward. The search for a new coach will begin immediately.”

This is the third coaching dismissal since the end of the regular season on Wednesday. New York fired Jeff Hornacek and Orlando fired Frank Vogel.

Expect more coaching changes, too. Jay Triano is the interim coach for Phoenix and is a candidate but the Suns have opened a search. J.B. Bickerstaff is also the interim

bob
MY NOTE:  Michael Jordan and Mitch Kupchak, the Laurel and Hardy of professional basketball.  MJ was an amazing player, of course, but has been a disaster as an owner and Kupchak was revealed as the flunky he is after Dr Jerry Buss passed away.

I always knew that Kupchak was overrated. Much as I hate to give a sliver of an ounce of credit to anyone with the Lakers, Jerry West was the man who was directly responsible for all of their success. He knows basketball without a doubt. Kupchack will be further exposed alongside Jordan who is a terrible talent evaluator.
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:17 am

Besides being an awesome player, the Logo also guided the Lakers, Memphis and then Golden State in some great team making and player choosing.
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Someone, please give Mark Jackson a job!!!! I don't think I can stand listening to him, make him go right away so he doesn't do the playoffs. Never have I seen someone who does not like a team get away with criticizing that team on tv. He just talks and talks.

While they are at it take Weber with him!!! And if you want to cross over sports, someone please take Chris Collingsworth too. That man never shuts up and he was a football player????
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:35 pm

the Logo is cool and all but there would be no Laker legacy if it wasn't for Bill Shaman. Here's just a taste:

William Walton Sharman (May 25, 1926 – October 25, 2013) was an American professional basketball player and coach. He is mostly known for his time with the Boston Celtics in the 1950s, partnering with Bob Cousy in what some consider the greatest backcourt duo of all time. As a coach, Sharman won titles in the ABL, ABA, and NBA, and is credited with introducing the now ubiquitous morning shootaround.

He was the first North American sports figure to win a championship as a player, coach, and executive. He was a 10-time NBA champion (having won four titles as a player with the Celtics, one as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, and five as a Lakers executive), and a 12-time World Champion in basketball overall counting his ABL and ABA titles.[1] Sharman is also a two-time Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame inductee, having been being inducted in 1976 as a player, and in 2004 as a coach.[2] Only John Wooden, Lenny Wilkens and Tommy Heinsohn share this double honor.
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Sharman was primo, no doubt.
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Sharman was pure class all the way. He was a great Celtic and a great Laker. He has carried himself all the way through his career as a player and management with nothing but class. Red loved him
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:13 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Someone, please give Mark Jackson a job!!!!  I don't think I can stand listening to him, make him go right away so he doesn't do the playoffs. Never have I seen someone who does not like a team get away with criticizing that team on tv.  He just talks and talks.  

While they are at it take Weber with him!!! And if you want to cross over sports, someone please take Chris Collingsworth too. That man never shuts up and he was a football player????
My Weber grill analyzes games better then Chris. Yuck!
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down