Philly looking to add LeBron and Kawhi next year?

+3
wideclyde
Shamrock1000
kdp59
7 posters

Go down

Philly looking to add LeBron and Kawhi next year? Empty Philly looking to add LeBron and Kawhi next year?

Post by kdp59 Mon May 14, 2018 12:52 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/76ers-reportedly-interested-signing-lebron-james-trading-kawhi-leonard-offseason-001415354.html

76ers reportedly interested in signing LeBron James, trading for Kawhi Leonard this offseason

I won't cut and paste because there is not much detail in the article, even though it imply's there is.

we've already discussed here that Phily has the cap space next year to outright sign LeBron, so there is that. The article talks about a rumor that LeBron has been checking out private schools in Philly area for his kids, but he said nothing to it.

so I'll stop there with the LeBron part, except I think Philly is where he ends up as I've said before. he wnats more rings and Philly gives him the best chance at that over Cleveland and the Lakers. no other teams have the cap space to get it done.

Leonard is a new wrinkle for me for the Philly off-season. so let me give my ideas on that.
Obviously the first thing is does Kawhi want to leave SA?......I have no idea, but for this discussion we say yes.

Brett Brown as a Pop assistant at SA and he and Kawhi reportedly get along well.

so if we get to the point that Kahwi wants to go play at Philly with Embiid, Simmons and LeBron , can the salary work in any trade?

Leonard has a salary of $20M next year (I think a player option the following year).

Covington, Fultz and Saric( or Anderson,Korkmaz, Luwauu-Caborrot) match salary even up for Leonard in a deal.

I doubt SA takes that deal alone even with Saric , so Philly would have to throw in draft picks to make SA bite.

The Lakers pick currently sitting at #10 would almost certainly be included and Philly also has #26, 38 and 39 this year.

another player to remember is Jonah Bolden, Philly drafted him last year at #36 and stashed him overseas for the year. He is expected to play in the NBA next year.

will SA take Fultz, #10 pick this year, Saric and Covington for Kahwi?....... I 'm not sure might take another future first to make it happen.

if it all happens like above what type of team could Philly field?

Lebron
Kawhi
Embiid
Simmons
Reddick- have to resign
McConnell
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
Anderson
Amir Johnson- resign
Korkmaz
Holmes
Bayless
J. Bolden
#27 pick

#38 or 39 pick for 2 way contracts.

that team would certainly compete for the east title I would think

how about SA....trading Kawhi means they are in full rebuild, is that likely?
I think yes Pop has been there a long time and just this year lost his wife, the aging out of their past stars is in full effect now, as both Ginobili and Parker are pretty much done now.

so what would SA have to work with going into next year with this trade?

Aldridge
Gasol
Mills
Green- player opton
Gay - player option
Murray
all under contract

joined by
Futlz
Saric
Covington

#10 and #18 picks in this years draft

with Kyle Anderson and D. Bertans as RFA's who were at times rotational players last year.

D. White a first rounder last year is also under contract as is B. Paul

so if it time for a rebuild one could argue getting Fultz and Saric with a lottery pick is a good start.

anyhow, that is my take after reading this piece.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Philly looking to add LeBron and Kawhi next year? Empty Re: Philly looking to add LeBron and Kawhi next year?

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon May 14, 2018 1:03 pm

76ers should offer Simmons for Kawhii. Sell high while they still can. After the series with Boston, the NBA is finally waking up; his lack of shooting makes it easy to game plan for the 76ers. Further, there seems to be a lot of weirdness with the handedness of his shot and his attitude about it - he may never develop a reliable jumper. A team with Lebron, Kawhi, Embiid, Saric, Reddick, etc could be a contender.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Philly looking to add LeBron and Kawhi next year? Empty Re: Philly looking to add LeBron and Kawhi next year?

Post by wideclyde Mon May 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Lots of Philly fans have been talking about James coming to the 'ers for about two seasons now. Management pursuing LeBron hard this summer is most definitely a strong possibility. His talents fit exactly what they need even as he ages a little bit.

Not so sure about Leonard as they will have to give up some of their quality depth to get him in a trade, and his "injuries" may be an issue in wanting to acquire him as well.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon May 14, 2018 3:25 pm

If Philadelphia is to re-sign any FA, they'd need to renounce them first, like we did last year unless they get Lebron in a sign and trade. Players like Redick and Johnson would have to take room exemption or less to bring them back.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 pm

After the Celtics beat him this year - he can go down to Philly and the Celtics can run through the city of Brotherly love instead of running through Cleveland for the next 5 years.

Talk about a glory hound.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon May 14, 2018 5:50 pm

KyleCleric wrote:If Philadelphia is to re-sign any FA, they'd need to renounce them first, like we did last year unless they get Lebron in a sign and trade. Players like Redick and Johnson would have to take room exemption or less to bring them back.

Yes Redick was given an unbelievable $23M one year deal this year, I fully expect him to sign for vet minimum for a change at a ring before he retires. Same with Amir who at his age is not worth anything close to the $11M he's getting this year.

if either one of those players balks at vet minimum, there will be many vet players waiting to fill those voids IMO.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon May 14, 2018 6:34 pm

I thought Leonard may be damaged goods.  If that is in fact the case, they will make a trade for him.

The Sixers make a lot of mistakes.  They would need to move Simmons if they also get Lebron.

Not sure that roster fits together.  What happens when Embid starts to complain about not getting enough looks?  Will Brown still be there next year?

On paper that is a lot of talent.  If Leonard can play they would be favored to win the whole thing.

The Celtics will still give them all they can handle.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon May 14, 2018 7:58 pm

I'm as happy as hell about the genuine threat that the Celts now pose in the quest for a ring - but also deeply concerned about potential moves that both L A and Philly could make to keep space with the Celtics - talk of a dynasty, as some are suggesting, may be a little premature - and that's without taking into consideration the fact that the Rocketts and Warriors are already powers to be reckoned with. One year at a time!

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down