Ktronic1
mrkleen09
NYCelt
mulcogiseng
gyso
bobheckler
10 posters

Go down

Why Chris Broussard Believes Celtics No Longer Are Kyrie Irving’s Team  Empty Why Chris Broussard Believes Celtics No Longer Are Kyrie Irving’s Team

Post by bobheckler Tue May 15, 2018 12:11 pm

https://nesn.com/2018/05/why-chris-broussard-believes-celtics-no-longer-are-kyrie-irvings-team/

Why Chris Broussard Believes Celtics No Longer Are Kyrie Irving’s Team

by Ricky Doyle on Mon, May 14, 2018 at 6:25PM

The NBA is a star-driven league, which means a team’s best player often has more power than the head coach, for better or worse.

Take LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers, for instance. Do you really think Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue has more influence on Cleveland’s decision-making than “The King,” who remains the best player on the planet at age 33?

Well, the Boston Celtics are an interesting case, according to Chris Broussard, who wondered over the weekend whether Kyrie Irving secretly is bothered by the C’s playoff success without him. Irving is Boston’s best player when healthy, but as Broussard argued Monday on FS1’s “The Herd with Colin Cowherd,” the All-Star point guard no longer is the face of the Celtics.

That distinction, Broussard says, belongs to head coach Brad Stevens.

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/996088252921712640
Herd w/Colin Cowherd ✔️ @TheHerd "Brad Stevens is a genius. He's the face of the Celtics... This is no longer Kyrie's team." — @Chris_Broussard 11:02 AM - May 14, 2018

Stevens sure has been a miracle worker, guiding the Celtics to the Eastern Conference finals despite the absences of Irving, Gordon Hayward, Daniel Theis and several other players at various points throughout the season. The result has been a whole bunch of praise for the Celtics head coach, perhaps making him the face of the franchise, as Broussard suggests.

Then again, Stevens doesn’t deserve all of the credit. Al Horford, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Terry Rozier and the rest of the Celtics are stepping up, making their current postseason run a total team effort.

bob
MY NOTE:  It has ALWAYS been Brad's team, dummy.  That's why Danny and Wyc gave him a record 6-year contract and then gave him a 3-year extension halfway through it.  It was to send a message to Al Horford, Kevin Durant (when we were chasing him), everybody on the team, and everybody who is thinking of joining the team, that Brad will be here longer than you.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Why Chris Broussard Believes Celtics No Longer Are Kyrie Irving’s Team  Empty Re: Why Chris Broussard Believes Celtics No Longer Are Kyrie Irving’s Team

Post by gyso Tue May 15, 2018 12:44 pm

I don't think that Kyrie is at all worried about this.

The title to this article should be,

"Why does Chris Broussard still have a job?"

Many of the current crop of media hacks invent contrived controversy instead of just reporting the facts and providing actual quotes in the sporting world.

SMDH. No

gyso

Back to top Go down

Why Chris Broussard Believes Celtics No Longer Are Kyrie Irving’s Team  Empty Re: Why Chris Broussard Believes Celtics No Longer Are Kyrie Irving’s Team

Post by mulcogiseng Tue May 15, 2018 12:59 pm

At least Chris gets a paycheck for writing such idiocy. I like him and I don't, but he is making his name by making bold statements like this.

Brad is the face of the franchise. Kyrie is the face of the players but Jaylen will be the leading player on this team within 3 years if not sooner.

Kyrie may have an ego but it isn't THAT kind of ego, imo. Uncle Drew ain't nobodies kid brother.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue May 15, 2018 3:32 pm

Team leaders are not always the ones you expect.

Often not captains, or older veterans. Seldom, if ever, the coach. Fans don't always know who, among the players, is really lead dog.

I've said since the season started that I think the Celtics are Marcus Smart's team.

I don't think it was ever Kyrie's team. I'd say either Smart, or Al Horford.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue May 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Yup, expect to see Brad Stevens on a box next year.

Why Chris Broussard Believes Celtics No Longer Are Kyrie Irving’s Team  Screen14
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue May 15, 2018 3:54 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:At least Chris gets a paycheck for writing such idiocy.  I like him and I don't, but he is making his name by making bold statements like this.

Brad is the face of the franchise. Kyrie is the face of the players but Jaylen will be the leading player on this team within 3 years if not sooner.

Kyrie may have an ego but it isn't THAT kind of ego, imo. Uncle Drew ain't nobodies kid brother.

Bold statement? He’s an idiot that resorts to cheap headlines - see: Mark Cuban riding around Texas trying to get Deandre Jordan’s phone number. He’s bullshit
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue May 15, 2018 3:57 pm

NYCelt wrote:Team leaders are not always the ones you expect.

Often not captains, or older veterans. Seldom, if ever, the coach. Fans don't always know who, among the players, is really lead dog.

I've said since the season started that I think the Celtics are Marcus Smart's team.

Ha! It’s Wyc and his partners team. And they’ll let you know anytime one thinks otherwise.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue May 15, 2018 4:02 pm

gyso wrote:I don't think that Kyrie is at all worried about this.  

The title to this article should be,

"Why does Chris Broussard still have a job?"

Many of the current crop of media hacks invent contrived controversy instead of just reporting the facts and providing actual quotes in the sporting world.

SMDH. No

gyso
+1
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue May 15, 2018 4:08 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:

Ha! It’s Wyc and his partners team. And they’ll let you know anytime one thinks otherwise.

Well, undeniably true. They are the owners.

I am/we are speaking in terms of team leaders/players on the floor.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue May 15, 2018 4:38 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:At least Chris gets a paycheck for writing such idiocy.  I like him and I don't, but he is making his name by making bold statements like this.

mulcogi,

Excellent point. I write idiocies that are at least as bad as this and don't make a dime off them. So, who's the dummy?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue May 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Chris Broussard was "wondering" how Kyrie was feeling? Really?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue May 15, 2018 4:57 pm

NYCelt wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:

Well, undeniably true. They are the owners.

I am/we are speaking in terms of team leaders/players on the floor.

Yeah. Just kidding. I agree though. Smart does set the tone.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue May 15, 2018 5:00 pm

k_j_88 wrote:Chris Broussard was "wondering" how Kyrie was feeling? Really?

KJ

I was hoping they’d canned him when he made all those negative statements regarding Gays. Hope he goes way for good real soon.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue May 15, 2018 5:38 pm

This guy will do anything for attention Why, pray tell,
is this guy still around.
Oh, I know, the same reason Felger is still on. Liars and haters, keeps the idiots coming to listen and watch.

Wouldn't we all love to be making the money this guy makes and be disliked by so many?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue May 15, 2018 11:41 pm

Rosalie, I'm happy to be making way fewer bucks and loved by many.

Speaking of love, don't we just LOVE these Celtics? Al Horford - what a player. What a leader by example. Marcus Smart - such toughness, competitiveness and skill when needed most. Jaylen, Jayson, Morris (my apologies again Marcus for doubting you), Aron, Semi, TERRY (scary indeed) -what a crew. And then there's Brad, his coaching and training staff, Danny, the owners, and of course we FANS who ROCK the Garden and beyond!!!!!

Oh ye of little faith, we are the Boston Celtics family. Disrespect us at your own peril.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed May 16, 2018 2:09 am

bobheckler wrote:

mulcogi,

Excellent point.  I write idiocies that are at least as bad as this and don't make a dime off them.  So, who's the dummy?

bob

Well Bob, I don't quite know how to put this but as far as those unpaid idiocies of yours? We are the dummies for reading all that crap you post and complimenting you forever for such a great job. Smile
affraid affraid affraid affraid
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Worcester...After last night, I could not get to sleep for ??? These kids get me so worked up I can never get to sleep until I watch all the interviews, watch the news, and then see what ever anyone else has to say. Then I sit and think, WOW, what a night.

Al Horford has been disrespected by the Boston press and reporters that it has made me sick. Lou Merloni with his "Average Al" remark stuck to Al all last year and part of this one. He has no idea what this guy brings to this team. Sure, there are nights when he doesn't score, but did they bother to watch what else he did on the floor. And, we have no idea what goes on in the locker room except for the fact that everyone of those guys thinks the world of him and listens to what he has to say.

This has been a ride we never ever thought we would be taking, without Kyrie and Gordon. But oh what a ride and we are still going. Thank God for youth, talent and kids that love to learn from their peers.

Wherever this goes, We will be right there with them, even if they don't know we exist!!!! So I feel all of us here on line are a little responsible for this wonderful feat!!!! (Dramatic? Yes, but truthful)
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Rosalie, after watching the games, reading the threads on this site, and watching the tv interviews and commentary, I go to bed and rerun plays through my mind, like counting sheep, until I fall asleep. Happy and peaceful with gratitude that I am not a Sacramento Kings fan.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down