POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by 112288 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Celtics Wrap: Jaylen Brown Leads C’s To Game 2 Win, 2-0 Series Lead Vs. Cavs

NESN by Nicholas Goss on Tue, May 15, 2018 at 11:03PM

BOSTON — A fourth straight NBA Finals matchup between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors doesn’t look like a safe bet anymore. The Celtics took a 2-0 lead in the Eastern Conference finals with a 107-94 win over the Cavs on Tuesday night at TD Garden. The C’s trailed by as many as 11 points in the first half, but a strong second half in which they outscored Cleveland 59-39 paced them to victory. James scored 21 points in the first quarter and finished with a game-high 42, but it wasn’t enough to beat a balanced scoring output from the Celtics. Jaylen Brown led Boston with 23 points. He was one of six double-digit scorers for the Celtics. Here’s how Game 2 unfolded.

STARTING FIVE PG: Terry Rozier SG: Jaylen Brown SF: Jayson Tatum PF: Marcus Morris C:

Al Horford CAVS MAKE A CHANGE Tristan Thompson started over Kyle Korver to give the Cavs more rim protection, as well as better defense against Horford.

LEBRON ON FIRE The Cavs jumped out to a 19-13 lead behind 14 early points from LeBron James, including three 3-pointers. James scored his 16th point 8:35 into the game, besting his Game 1 total of 15 points. Despite an incredible 21-point quarter (James’ highest-scoring quarter in a playoff game) from No. 23, the Celtics still only trailed 27-23 at the end of the first quarter. No other Cavs player scored more than two points in the opening 12 minutes. Jaylen Brown paced the Celtics with 14 first-quarter points on 5-for-6 shooting (3-for-5 on 3-pointers). Horford chipped in five points. Both teams shot 45 percent from the floor in the opening quarter.

CAVS BUILD LEAD Jayson Tatum kept the Celtics close in the first half of the second quarter by scoring eight early points in the frame. Whether it was attacking the basket or pulling up from mid-range, the rookie forward was on fire. The Cavs’ defense picked up and the Celtics went cold from the floor as a result, allowing Cleveland to build a 47-36 advantage late in the second quarter. James left briefly after taking an apparent hit up high from Tatum along the baseline, but he re-entered the game after just a few minutes of real time. Cleveland’s official diagnosis of the injury was a neck strain. The Celtics trimmed the lead a little bit, but the Cavs still went into halftime up 55-48. James led the Cavaliers with 25 first-half points, but he did miss five of his eight free throw attempts. Kyle Korver added 11 off the bench on 4-for-5 shooting. Brown paced Boston with 16 points. He was the only Celtic in double figures at halftime. Tatum poured in nine but also picked up three fouls. Cleveland shot 51.2 percent in the first half, besting Boston’s mark of 43.2 percent. The Cavs had a 6-3 edge in offensive rebounds, which led to some east second-chance baskets.

CELTICS STORM BACK The Celtics cut the Cavs lead to 61-55 when Brown attacked James off the dribble and scored at the rim, forcing Cleveland to take a timeout. The Celtics tied the score at 66, led by eight points from Rozier. Marcus Smart gave the Celtics a 72-71 lead with a 3-pointer, then a steal and dunk on he ensuing Cavs possession forced Cleveland to take a timeout trailing 74-71 after a 13-5 run by the C’s. A 3-pointer by Aron Baynes gave the C’s their largest lead of the night at 79-74 with 2:39 left in the quarter. Rozier hit another 3-pointer to put the Celtics up 84-77 entering the fourth quarter. Boston closed the quarter on a 33-16 run. They trailed by as many as 11 in the first half. Brown (20 points) and Rozier (16) were the high scores for the C’s through three quarters. James (32) and Love (20) led the way for Cleveland.

BOSTON SEALS THE WIN The Celtics took advantage of a weird Cavs lineup to begin the fourth quarter and pushed their lead to 88-77, forcing Cavaliers coach Ty Lue to burn another timeout after 46 seconds of action. The Celtics went up 89-90 after a free throw by Brown, putting the Cavs in the penalty with 8:21 remaining. James trimmed Boston’s advantage to 95-89 with half a quarter to play, but Celtics free throws pushed their lead back to eight at 97-89. Tempers flares when JR Smith shoved Horford as he was midair. Smart game over to stick up for his teammate and exchanged shoves with Smith. Smith was assessed a flagrant 1 foul for his actions. The Celtics closed out the game with a few defensive stops over the final few minutes.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE GAME Sometimes, James is just too good. UP NEXT Game 3 of the series is Saturday in Cleveland at 8:30 p.m. ET
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Celtics 107, Cavaliers 94: LeBron throws best punch, C's don't even flinch in another commanding victory

WEEI John Tomase May 15, 2018 - 11:10 pm

Al Horford's baby hook to shock the Rockets. Buzzer-beating game-winners against the Blazers, Jazz, and Thunder. The steal and slam that stunned the Pacers.

But for my money, there might not be a more quintessentially Celtics bucket than the one Terry Rozier scored in Tuesday night's stunning rally for a 107-94 Game 2 victory over LeBron James and the Cavaliers en route to a 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead.

The C's had already survived an absolute haymaker from King James, who stormed the gates with 21 points in the first quarter. But now they were in full rally mode midway through the third, and Rozier sensed an opportunity for the kill.

Moments after the Celtics had claimed their first lead since 3-0, the Cavs missed a jumper. Rozier raced to the loose ball at halfcourt and took off.

James charged for the chase-down that Warriors fans see in their nightmares, but Rozier was having none of it. He accelerated, leaped from what felt like too far away, and then just kept rising. He reared back for the vicious right-handed tomahawk that blew the roof off the Garden and officially end Cleveland's night. And quite possibly its season.

The Celtics beat the Cavs to every loose ball -- Marcus Smart was everywhere. They beat the Cavs when play got dirty on a J.R. Smith flagrant foul -- Smart was in the middle of that, too. And they played together in a way that completely eluded the discombobulated Cavs, who might not make it back to Boston at this rate.

Jaylen Brown led six scorers in double figures with 23 points, while Horford contributed a double-double. Smart, meanwhile, delivered 11 points, five rebounds, nine assists and four steals.

The Celtics needed all of it just to survive the opening 12 minutes, because James came out like he had spent the previous 48 hours looping Game 6 in 2012. The Celtics led his Heat 3-2 that night but never had a chance in a 45-point outburst that featured his murder face. The Heat won the final two games to reach the Finals.

James had similar designs on Tuesday. He scored 21 points in the first quarter from virtually every spot on the floor. His most ridiculous shot was a turnaround, fallaway 3-pointer with Marcus Smart draped all over him that literally had courtside fans laughing in disbelief.

He topped 40 points for the fifth time this postseason and finished with a 42-point triple-double. But if we've learned anything, it's that no one player can beat the Celtics. Giannis Antetokounmpo couldn't do it in the first round, and Joel Embiid couldn't do it in the second.

James obviously represents an entirely different beast, but the Celtics don't seem to care. They trailed by nine in the third quarter before Rozier exploded for 14 points, including the wide-open 3-pointer to end the frame that left the Celtics up by seven points and in control of the series, which shifts back to Cleveland on Saturday for Game 3

Last edited by 112288 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by 112288 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:14 pm

SHOVED IT RIGHT DOWN YOUR THROATS YOU SCUM BUCKETS!

Great Great Great win................Queen James can score 50 and they would still lose!

Real dirty team lead by James and we stuck it to them.  Rozier, Smart (sign him now!)  Brown, Tatum,  Morris.......Big Al!

Morris is the X factor.......he is in their heads......and he isn't taking any crap............That is what we lacked in past years!

I really believe the Celtics are a better team with Rozier as point guard...........they just flow better and they get away m isso plays that Irving likes to run.   To me its team ball not hero ball!  Danny does have a dilemma ....a nice one at that.

GO CELTICS!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Tue May 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Speed, toughness, discipline, grace under pressure, determination, courage, intelligence, character, class, talent, togetherness - are there any other attributes which describe this team?

I've been following the Celts since the mid-1950's, and this is among the most fun squads I have ever watched.

What a joy!
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:43 pm

Hi,
Great, great W!
I wonder how Lebron will call it now - feel in, feel up, feel down or, he'll just man up and say the obvious - Celtics is the better team (oops, sorry, it's late and I fell asleep).
The most important aspect of this game is that Celtics have beaten Lebronistas mentally. Lebron's body language and facial expression said it all. I hope it remains the same in Cleveland.

AK
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 pm

112288 wrote:SHOVED IT RIGHT DOWN YOUR THROATS YOU SCUM BUCKETS!

Great Great Great win................Queen James can score 50 and they would still lose!

Real dirty team lead by James and we stuck it to them.  Rozier, Smart (sign him now!)  Brown, Tatum,  Morris.......Big Al!

Morris is the X factor.......he is in their heads......and he isn't taking any crap............That is what we lacked in past years!

I really believe the Celtics are a better team with Rozier as point guard...........they just flow better and they get away m isso plays that Irving likes to run.   To me its team ball not hero ball!  Danny does have a dilemma ....a nice one at that.

GO CELTICS!

X factor what does that mean? He makes weak boneheaded plays all game, bricks a ton of shots then hits a couple shots....we won despite him. Next year he’ll be glued to the bench
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Wed May 16, 2018 12:00 am

Cow, you know I have been critical of Morris, but he played well tonight and last game. He's been a tough opponent for Cleveland as have been all our Celts. This is one cohesive team, and I'm backing them all right through the battles against the Cavs and probably GSW this playoff run. We'll take on next year when it comes.

Meanwhile, how about Jaylen, Jayson, and Terry showing the NBA who are the next top dogs = and Smart showing who is the meanest junk yard dog?
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 on Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am

Still only two games but I love this team.  They play hard, they play together and they never give in.  The entire team is in attack mode at all times.

A couple of things I said in the "My Thoughts" thread from last week

mrkleen09 wrote:

First off - Cleveland is a terrible defensive time.  That was true in the regular season.  That was true vs Indiana and remained true vs Toronto.  The only team in the NBA that is worse is the Phoenix Suns.  This has to become a factor at some point.

Under no circumstances is Rozier vs Hill a push.  Terry is a better player in every aspect of the game.  Better shooter, better rebounding, better passer, better defender, less turnovers.
Rozier/Smart > Hill/Smith

I think Jaylen is significantly better than Korver and Clarkson.

Rozier and Smart are SPANKING Hill and Smith to this point, and JR has a target on his back for the rest of the series after that dirty push on Horford.

mrkleen09 wrote:Feeling like Lebron overextended himself earlier in the playoffs then he has had to in the past, so that plus his age has to catch up to him at some point.

An amazing game from LeBron, but he clearly looked gassed in the 4th quarter.  The culmination of physical defense from Marcus Morris, Semi and Jaylen - along with an excessive workload at wear on him down the stretch.

As I said last week
mrkleen09 wrote:Give me the Celtics in 6
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 am

mrkleen - you score big points for your prognostication skills....When NBA betting becomes legal in Florida, I'm calling you up!
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 on Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 am

Flip of a coin Worcester. Dont forget I loved Jeff Green Cool

mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Wed May 16, 2018 12:07 am

Oh yes. There was that!
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Wed May 16, 2018 1:02 am

What about Terry Rozier wearing two different (mismatched) shoes in the second half?  Did anyone catch that?  Did he wear them in the first half or did he change into them during halftime because he had a poor first half.  Kyrie used to do that, but he always came out with matching shoes.

Reports said that Rozier went to visit Kyrie at his house before the playoffs and left with all of Kyrie's shoes.  Is Rozier still wearing Kyrie's shoes during games?

Just a couple odd things to add to the Legend of Terry Rozier.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng on Wed May 16, 2018 1:35 am

All the Celtics have done so far is defend home court. That changes when they take at least one in The Land if they don't bring the brooms. They might just bring those brooms because as great as LeQueen is, his team isn't as good as the Celtics team minus Kyrie, Gordon, and Daniel. That should be clear to everyone right now.

The two best teams in the NBA are soon to meet in the Finals.

What a great game.
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed May 16, 2018 2:15 am

112288 wrote:SHOVED IT RIGHT DOWN YOUR THROATS YOU SCUM BUCKETS!

GO CELTICS!

The wrong Marcus, Smart is the X factor, not Morris
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 am

worcester wrote:Cow, you know I have been critical of Morris, but he played well tonight and last game. He's been a tough opponent for Cleveland as have been all our Celts. This is one cohesive team, and I'm backing them all right through the battles against the Cavs and probably GSW this playoff run. We'll take on next year when it comes.

Meanwhile, how about Jaylen, Jayson, and Terry showing the NBA who are the next top dogs = and Smart showing who is the meanest junk yard dog?

Morris is playing with so many young talented well coached players, that his boneheaded plays haven’t killed us, he had a few good plays and his usual assortment of bricks and bad plays....I had to calm down Heckler on the game on thread.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Wed May 16, 2018 2:53 am

What they're writing in Ohio:

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20180515/now-the-cavaliers-have-reason-to-be-concerned-jeff-schudel

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/celtics-survive-point-night-lebron-down-cavs-107/7w4Fw7x0lHd7rk8N8AJsCM/

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Wed May 16, 2018 8:01 am

cowens......you complained for a couple years about how soft Kelly man bun and Zeller were as big men.

I would have thought Morris and his attitude would be exactly what you wanted.

I mean, what do you want for a $5 M player after all?

My only problem with Morris is that sometimes the ball stops with him and he becomes a black hole. But it doesn't happen enough to be a concern for me.

I would think you would be very happy with having Morris and Baynes over Kelly and Zeller on this team this year.

kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 on Wed May 16, 2018 9:12 am

kdp59 wrote:cowens......you complained for a couple years about how soft Kelly man bun and Zeller were as big men.

My only problem with Morris is that sometimes the ball stops with him and he becomes a black hole. But it doesn't happen enough to be a concern for me.

I would think you would be very happy with having Morris and Baynes over Kelly and Zeller on this team this year.

As a person, I love Cow - great guy, smart guy, happy to be his friend. But when it comes to Marcus Morris, Cow and a few others out here have lost their ability to be fair in even the broadest sense of the word.

Marcus Morris along with Baynes have brought a toughness to this team that cannot be measured in makes and misses. If you looked at Lebron in the 4th quarter last night - he was gassed. He is having to expend a ton of energy just to run up and down the court and A LOT of that is due to Morris working so hard to be physical. I dont care if Morris misses 10 shots in a game, if he is engaged and working hard, and standing up for his teammates - he is doing his job.

Last season, Tristian Thompson pushed this team up and down the court. Last night, Marcus Morris said - NO MORE and stood up to the bully. His emotion (along with Marcus Smart) is what this team is fueled by - adrenaline. If you watch a game and cannot see the intangibles that a player like Morris brings, you are not paying attention.

I have no desire to continue this constant negativity out here - arguing with the Anti Morris brigade is like shoveling shit against the tide. I stopped by the Game On Thread last night, but didn't participate.

This is the most unlikely run I can imagine. We are all so lucky to have this scrappy, hard working team in our city. I cannot for the life of me understand the negativity of some out here.
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
worcester wrote:Cow, you know I have been critical of Morris, but he played well tonight and last game. He's been a tough opponent for Cleveland as have been all our Celts. This is one cohesive team, and I'm backing them all right through the battles against the Cavs and probably GSW this playoff run. We'll take on next year when it comes.

Morris is playing with so many young talented well coached players, that his boneheaded plays haven’t killed us, he had a few good plays and his usual assortment of bricks and bad plays....I had to calm down Heckler on the game on thread.

Think about that for a second and you'll realize how upside-down the world has become...

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed May 16, 2018 9:25 am

kdp59 wrote:cowens......you complained for a couple years about how soft Kelly man bun and Zeller were as big men.

Look if Smart puts up 15 shots at around 30% FG myself and other posters are gonna call him out on that, because it hurts the team, but he only put up 9, and with all the big intangible plays/defense effort plays he makes, he really helps us. Morris shoots at just about the same bad FG% and doesn’t give the intangibles of
Smart because he’s not that skilled and way too slow and unathletic. His defense is average at best, he gets a lot of help from all the schemes and talent we have keying on Lebron, oh that’s right Lebron went off for 21 in the first quarter, but he’s the GOAT, so I’m not ripping Morris for that. Kitronic and Heckler and even Rosalie
ripping Morris way more than me on the Game On lately....I see one boneheaded play after another too many times by Morris. You like him, good, when his contract is up, he’ll be outta here.

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Wed May 16, 2018 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 am

mrkleen09 wrote:

As a person, I love Cow - great guy, smart guy, happy to be his friend.  But when it comes to Marcus Morris, Cow and a few others out here have lost their ability to be fair in even the broadest sense of the word.  

Marcus Morris along with Baynes have brought a toughness to this team that cannot be measured in makes and misses.  If you looked at Lebron in the 4th quarter last night - he was gassed.  He is having to expend a ton of energy just to run up and down the court and A LOT of that is due to Morris working so hard to be physical.  I dont care if Morris misses 10 shots in a game, if he is engaged and working hard, and standing up for his
teammates - he is doing his job.

Last season, Tristian Thompson pushed this team up and down the court.  Last night, Marcus Morris said - NO MORE and stood up to the bully.  His emotion (along with Marcus Smart) is what this team is fueled by - adrenaline.  If you watch a game and cannot see the intangibles that a player like Morris brings, you are not paying attention.

I have no desire to continue this constant negativity out here - arguing with the Anti Morris brigade is like shoveling shit against the tide.  I stopped by the Game On Thread last night, but didn't participate.

This is the most unlikely run I can imagine.  We are all so lucky to have this scrappy, hard working team in our city.  I cannot for the life of me understand the negativity of some out here.

I’m not really that smart, but thanks for the compliment....
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 am

Funniest lines of the day -

"I had to calm down Heckler on the game on thread."

"Think about that for a second and you'll realize how upside-down the world has become..."
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed May 16, 2018 9:38 am

worcester wrote:Funniest lines of the day -

"I had to calm down Heckler on the game on thread."

"Think about that for a second and you'll realize how upside-down the world has become..."

Right bob was pointing out everything, I had to point out it’s early....it was like he never saw Morris play. If you’ve seen him play, that’s just the way he plays....
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Wed May 16, 2018 9:53 am

I'm not a big fan of Morris, but he is a piece of the puzzle that is bringing this game plan all together, and I now love him for it. Brad is using him properly against the Cavs, even if Morris is not always playing like an all Pro. What Marcus has done is charge up our team, back down the Cav bullies, and make a few key stops and baskets. Next year can take care of itself. Until then, I want to see Morris get into Draymon's head and wreck GSW's cohesiveness.

Meanwhile our other Marcus is playing like an All Pro, despite not being a super scorer. We have so many money players on our team, all stepping way up at just the right time. Marcus and Terry have always played well in prime time, and now Jaylen and Jayson have made the playoffs their stage too. Pressure? What pressure? These guys thrive on it. And don't forget Baynes. He is 10 for 20 from beyond the arc. Now that is stepping up!

Speaking of pressure, the Red Sox fans have Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" as an anthem. What do we Celtics fans have? I'd suggest Queen and David Bowie's "Under Pressure," for this team thrives under pressure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk

Or else there's Toots & The Maytals "Pressure Drop." Pressure gonna drop on you. That's the way these young Celts are playing, chewing up the NBA playoffs like it's a bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rb13ksYO0s
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed May 16, 2018 10:42 am

Game 1 was a "feeling out" game, according to James.  How are things feeling today, LeBron?  I cannot wait to read, and comment, on the Comments From The Other Side thread later today.  I can just imagine how Cavalier fans are feeling today, they were up 11 and LeBron was in full-blown basketball-god mode and ended up losing by 13.

And if the Cavaliers cannot win in Boston, and have it not be really close, with LBJ scoring 42 and Love scoring 22 then they are in deep, deep durian.

They were shooting 51% at halftime, ended up @ 46.3%, going 16-36 (44.4%) in the 2nd half.  44.4% isn't too bad, especially against us.  We, on the other hand, were 44.2% @ halftime and ended up @ 43.5%, going 21-48 (43.8%).  So, they actually shot better than us, but look at the difference in fgas!  We took 12 more fgas in the 2nd half.  They had 8 TOs vs 1 for us in the 2nd half.  They had 1 steal in the 2nd half, we had 5.  That's how you give yourself chances to win.  

They played 6 bench players, but 2 of them only played 2 minutes, so Tyronn Lue really only went 4 deep.   Those players scored 19 points on 7-16.  Brad also played 6 bench players but only 2 played double-digit minutes (Smart 31, Baynes 17).  Semi played 9, so almost.  Baynes and Smart, alone, scored 20 points on 7-16.  Add the 4 from Monroe in just 6 minutes and the 2 from Semi in his 9 minutes and our bench outplayed them.  That is remarkable when you consider that we've been counted out the entire playoffs precisely because our injuries have created a significantly-shortened bench.

We had a total of 5 turnovers.  That is elite execution over 48 minutes.

LeBron with half his 42 in the first quarter.  He tried to knock us out in the 1st like we did to him in Game 1.  Not a bad strategy there, except for one thing:  we're not them, and we're certainly not the Cowardly Lion Toronto Raptors.  Brad had just about the entire squad guard LBJ at one point or another.  This is the roster Danny hath wrought, a team of interchangeable velociraptors with a couple of T-Rex's to hold the baseline.

TRo started out slow, and Hill was looking strong, and then Scary Terry showed up and that ended that little fantasy.  Hill with 3 points on 1-3 while TRozzay had 18 on 7-16, but Rozier only had 2 points at halftime.  

One could point to a lot of reasons for why we won:  LeBron hogged the ball, nobody else scored, Lue didn't/doesn't trust his young'uns like Nance and Hood and Clarkson in big games, but another reason why we won is because of Jaylen Brown.  When LeBron came on like the lion in Christopher Walken's Lion Story in the 1st quarter Jaylen Brown was keeping us in it.  Brown had 14 points on 5-7 in the 1st.  LeBron was 4-7 from 3, Brown was 5-7.  One of the things I look for in players is to see "who ups their game in the playoffs and who shrinks?".  Watching 2nd year player, 21 year old Jaylen Brown pick up the gauntlet thrown down by "The King" and enter into the list against him just blew me away.  It's not the nature of Brad's system for a single player, like Jaylen, to take over a game (although he has used Kyrie, and IT before him, to prevent scoring droughts) but man oh man, if Jaylen ever decides to play 4 quarters like that one we are SO good.

What is further amazing is that Tatum had a very sub-par game.  He scored 9 straight points, yippee, but he ended up with 11 and got beat numerous times by Kevin Love.

Looking good for Marcus Smart's free agency when you have former head coaches like Jackson and JVG touting him as the gold standard of toughness.  Captain Intangible.  Tyronn Lue praised Smart, specifically, in his post-game interview.

Bill Doyle @BillDoyle15
about 9 hours ago
Marcus Smart on coach Tyronn Lue saying Cavs need to match his toughness: That's me. That's how I was raised. I'm the youngest of four boys. My whole life I had to fight."

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
yesterday
LeBron on Smart: "I think Marcus always makes plays at the right time. His ability to play multiple positions, but they put the ball in his hand and they trust him to make plays for others. He has a real ability to get in the paint and create for himself and create for others."

Morris was 5-14.  And now, here's your "advanced metric" rebuttal...

JR Smith went 0-7 and got a flagrant 1 for two-hand pushing Al in the back while he was in the air.  The league has turned the league into a bunch of delicate little princesses because they are getting paid so much money they don't want to take a chance a hard foul might injure them, but they don't toss JR for committing a foul that will result in injury more than any other.

Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
yesterday
Marcus Morris on Ty Lue saying the Celtics were gooning it up: “Gooning? That’s a good word. Shit, we’re doing what it takes."

"Goons" try to shove an airborne player into the stanchion, Tyronn...

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401032841

2016/2017 - 53 regular season wins, lost in 5 games in EC Finals to Cleveland (#1 scorer Isaiah Thomas played 17 minutes in game 2 and then was done for the series).

2017-2018 - 55 regular season wins, up 2-0 in EC Finals vs Cleveland (#1 scorer Kyrie Irving hasn't played a single playoff game).

I think it's safe to say this season has been a success no matter what happens after this.  It's all house money from here on.

10 down, 6 to go.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng on Wed May 16, 2018 10:51 am

Cow you really go over the top sometimes. That's what makes you this boards Mercurial Morris. Think about THAT for a second. cherry
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next