POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed May 16, 2018 11:31 am

mulcogiseng wrote:Cow you really go over the top sometimes. That's what makes you this boards Mercurial Morris. Think about THAT for a second.  cherry

Your right, he’s actually just like Larry....
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13640
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed May 16, 2018 11:35 am

mulcogiseng wrote:Cow you really go over the top sometimes. That's what makes you this boards Mercurial Morris. Think about THAT for a second.  cherry

Bro show up on the Game On thread, see every comment in real time, it’s fun!!
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13640
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by mulcogiseng on Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am

I used to participate in the game on thread but found I maintained better focus by just watching the game. Before I had good internet and could stream I used to try to follow the game on the game on thread but there was never any context. But it is the playoffs so mebbe I will darken that door once again. lol

WoW Just like Larry? I always liked Siegfried whoddathunk?
avatar
mulcogiseng

Posts : 959
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by kdp59 on Wed May 16, 2018 11:58 am

Look if Smart puts up 15 shots at around 30% FG myself and other posters are gonna call him out on that, because it hurts the team, but he only put up 9, and with all the big intangible plays/defense effort plays he makes, he really helps us. Morris shoots at just about the same bad FG% and doesn’t give the intangibles of
Smart because he’s not that skilled and way too slow and unathletic. His defense is average at best,


not sure which Celtic team you are watching or if it's just your personal bias that you can't get over. but lets talk facts

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2018.html

regular seaon

Smart 36.7% overall and 30.1% from 3 point line

Morris- 42.9% overall and 36.8% from 3.

you think thats just about the same?

come on man

playoffs'''you want to talk playoffs?

Smart 34.0% and a whooping 22.2% from 3

Morris- 37.1% (oh -oh) and 40.4% from 3

yeah that's the same

YOU may think Morris can't play defense but there are many NBA people who feel Morris is one the best against LeBron (which he has showed for 2 games now)


I think maybe you just had some type of love with Avery Bradley and can't get over it yet.

time to move on

and yes I fully expect Morris to move on after his deal is up, but only because Tatum should be ready to play the swing position in two years and not because Morris is a lousy NBA player (he is not).



avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3494
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by Shamrock1000 on Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Morris can be frustrating to watch - he sure is hell isn't shy to shoot - but given his production at 5 million per year, he is one of the best contracts in the NBA. Another sneaky good trade by Ainge.

Shamrock1000

Posts : 1266
Join date : 2013-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by worcester on Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Bob, your advanced metric was quite a validation of Morris guarding James, and of Brad for putting Morris on LeBron.
avatar
worcester

Posts : 5308
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed May 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Kdp was specifically discussing last nights game, not regular season.

And there were times during season some of us got on Smart for shooting too much. I can live with his fg% as long as he isn’t putting up a ton of shots, obviously because he does do other dramatic gritty things.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13640
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by sinus007 on Wed May 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi,
I'm sorry but I don't understand this obsession with Morris. This on the thread about game 2. I believe his mission for this series is to slow down Lebron. Did he accomplish this mission? So far - absolutely! Everything else what Morris does or doesn't do is a gravy.
Why nobody mentioned Brown or better yet big Al?
Why nobody mentioned a great move by Brad of switching Morris onto TT and putting JB on Lebron, so when Cavs tried to switch they've ended back with favorable to Celtics coverage of Lebron?
Why nobody mentioned that JVG all of a sudden started criticize Lebron (about his response to game 1)?
BTW, did you notice that Celtics are 2-0 in the ECF? Basketball Basketball

AK
avatar
sinus007

Posts : 2000
Join date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed May 16, 2018 1:59 pm

I think most of us were gushing about Jaylen Brown, I know I was, 3rd straight playoff game of plus 20 points and he covers every position 1-4, absolute stud....love the way he challenges the defense and blows right by them to the rim, left hand, right hand, don’t matter
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13640
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by Sandpd on Wed May 16, 2018 3:23 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I'm sorry but I don't understand this obsession with Morris. This on the thread about game 2. I believe his mission for this series is to slow down Lebron. Did he accomplish this mission? So far - absolutely! Everything else what Morris does or doesn't do is a gravy.
Why nobody mentioned Brown or better yet big Al?
Why nobody mentioned a great move by Brad of switching Morris onto TT and putting JB on Lebron, so when Cavs tried to switch they've ended back with favorable to Celtics coverage of Lebron?
Why nobody mentioned that JVG all of a sudden started criticize Lebron (about his response to game 1)?
BTW, did you notice that Celtics are 2-0 in the ECF? Basketball  Basketball

AK


LOL, +1
avatar
Sandpd

Posts : 1754
Join date : 2017-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by worcester on Wed May 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Yep, Jaylen is an absolute monster offensively and defensively. He can pester anyone and no one can stop him. We are so blessed - and yet I heard one shmuck Sirius XM announcer suggest that we trade Jaylen, Terry, Morris, and our Sacto pick for Kawhi. The numbers would work against the cap he said. Another idiot getting paid to spew drivel.
avatar
worcester

Posts : 5308
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by bobheckler on Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 pm

worcester wrote:Yep, Jaylen is an absolute monster offensively and defensively. He can pester anyone and no one can stop him. We are so blessed - and yet I heard one shmuck Sirius XM announcer suggest that we trade Jaylen, Terry, Morris, and our Sacto pick for Kawhi. The numbers would work against the cap he said. Another idiot getting paid to spew drivel.



Basketball-Reference: Jaylen Brown scored his 300th playoff point last night. He’s the first player since Kawhi Leonard to break 300 in his second season in the NBA bkref.com/tiny/R5mUK pic.twitter.com/CejV0A3O8W 14 mins ago – via Twitter bball_ref


bkref.com/tiny/R5mUK



bob



.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37499
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by worcester on Wed May 16, 2018 4:45 pm

One helluvan achievement Jaylen!  Smile  And we are supposed to trade him, Terry, Moris and the Sacto pick for a guy with MOT in his quad why? So many of the sports commentators have NO clue. I doubt they even watch most of the games. I would rather read what the folks on SamCeltForum think that just about anyone else. Insight with humility, passion, and compassion.
avatar
worcester

Posts : 5308
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by steve3344 on Thu May 17, 2018 2:25 am

"Lebron's exit from the Cavs looks inevitable now."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776257-when-lebron-leaves-at-this-rate-why-would-lebron-james-stay-in-cleveland?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

steve3344

Posts : 3767
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by kdp59 on Thu May 17, 2018 8:23 am

Philly, Lakers or Cleveland

kinda the only options for the king next year.

IF James AND Paul both go to the Lakers (they would have to renounce all  their FA's to get the space needed) The Lakers roster would be:

LeBron
Paul George
Ball
Ingram
Kuzma
J. Hart
Ennis
Zubac
Thomas Bryant
Loul Deng

Thats 10 players total and only 5 rotational players, unless somehow Deng gets to play again.

not exactly a great team to beat GS OR many players to move for additional pieces.

sure LeBron and George could entice some vets to coem play for vet minimum deals, but looks how well thats worked for Cleveland?

I still can't see Lerbron wanting to finish his career not having a chance to play in the finals each year.

this is why in the end I think he will see Philly as the place to end his career.

other options could be sign and trades with Cleveland this off-season, which could put other teams in play for James.

But again, when I look at possible destinations I am looking at teams that can compete for a title now.

that means even in a sign and trade the teams are limited

GS
Houston
Toronto
Indiana
Washington
Milwaukee
and

Boston

to me those are the only teams that would make any sense for LeBron to push a sign and trade for.


perhaps another time I will go through possible trade options for each team.
avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3494
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by 112288 on Thu May 17, 2018 8:43 am

IF YOU CAN'T BEAT'EM JOIN THEM

BOSTON MAKES SENSE AND YOU CAN MAKE ROOM BY SENDING IRVING BACK TO CLEVELAND.

JAMES CANNOT HAUL 40 + MINUTES ANYMORE. WE HAVE THE YOUNG BUCKS TO TAKE UP THE MINUTES. IF HE CAME HERE WE COULD EASILY WIN 3 TITLES IN A ROW.

112288
avatar
112288

Posts : 6360
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by kdp59 on Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 am

112288 wrote:IF YOU CAN'T BEAT'EM JOIN THEM

BOSTON MAKES SENSE AND YOU CAN MAKE ROOM BY SENDING IRVING BACK TO CLEVELAND.

JAMES CANNOT HAUL 40 + MINUTES ANYMORE.  WE HAVE THE YOUNG BUCKS TO TAKE UP THE MINUTES.  IF HE CAME HERE WE COULD EASILY WIN 3 TITLES IN A ROW.

112288


haha

Irving won't work. Even Irving and Morris won't cut it salary wise. To make a deal LeBron would have to opt in next year at $35M and have agreed to an extention once traded wherever.

to get within 125% of $35M , Ainge would have to move either Hayward OR Horford.

Hayward and draft picks for LeBron with a 2-3 year extension?

Remember folks this is all made up talk!!
avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3494
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by 112288 on Thu May 17, 2018 9:10 am

JAMES WILL NOT TAKE MAX SALARY. ELIMINATE MORRIS AND IT WORKS. THAT'S $5M MILLION.

THE EQUATION WOULD BALANCE OUT IF PARTIES WORK THE DEAL.

LET'S GET REAL...WE ARE TALKING CHAMPIONSHIPS NOW....NOT MARKETING A BRAND.

PLACES WHERE HE COULD WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP AND MAKE A SALARY CAP FIT IS BOSTON AND PHILLY.............CANNOT DO IT IN HOUSTON OR GOLDEN STATE

LAKERS DO NOT HAVE THE SUPPORTING PLAYERS TO WIN NOR MIL BUCKS AND INDIANA AS WELL. TORONTO YOU HAVE A FOREIGN EXCHANGE PROBLEM BETWEEN CURRENCIES ...........BESIDES IT TAKES JAMES OUT OF THE UNITED STATES AND DILUTES HIS MARKETING HIS BRAND.

112288

avatar
112288

Posts : 6360
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 am

mulcogiseng wrote:I used to participate in the game on thread but found I maintained better focus by just watching the game. Before I had good internet and could stream I used to try to follow the game on the game on thread but there was never any context. But it is the playoffs so mebbe I will darken that door once again.  lol

WoW  Just like Larry? I always liked Siegfried whoddathunk?

Lol good one
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13640
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu May 17, 2018 9:17 am

112288 wrote:JAMES WILL NOT TAKE MAX SALARY.   ELIMINATE MORRIS AND IT WORKS.  THAT'S $5M MILLION.

THE EQUATION WOULD BALANCE OUT IF PARTIES WORK THE DEAL.

LET'S GET REAL...WE ARE TALKING CHAMPIONSHIPS NOW....NOT MARKETING A BRAND.

PLACES WHERE HE COULD WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP AND MAKE A SALARY CAP FIT IS BOSTON AND PHILLY.............CANNOT DO IT IN HOUSTON OR GOLDEN STATE

LAKERS DO NOT HAVE THE SUPPORTING PLAYERS TO WIN NOR MIL BUCKS AND  INDIANA AS WELL.  TORONTO YOU HAVE A FOREIGN EXCHANGE PROBLEM BETWEEN CURRENCIES ...........BESIDES IT TAKES JAMES OUT OF THE UNITED STATES AND DILUTES HIS MARKETING HIS BRAND.

112288


Morris and who? Morris for James is delusional....
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13640
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu May 17, 2018 9:37 am

worcester wrote:Yep, Jaylen is an absolute monster offensively and defensively. He can pester anyone and no one can stop him. We are so blessed - and yet I heard one shmuck Sirius XM announcer suggest that we trade Jaylen, Terry, Morris, and our Sacto pick for Kawhi. The numbers would work against the cap he said. Another idiot getting paid to spew drivel.

There is nothing he can’t do, on some of those end to end drives, it looks like someone pressed the fast forward button he’s moving so fast. And what makes me even more giddy, he wants to and responds, carries us in big games at crucial times. Both he and Tatum and even Rozier have so come through at clutch time this playoff run, remarkable for such young players. That’s players that have brass balls and great coaching that over time has given them enough confidence and substance in their games to be able to do that. It seems to me Brad has our youngsters playing with such purpose, exact opposite of say Andrew Wiggins.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13640
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by 112288 on Thu May 17, 2018 9:46 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
112288 wrote:JAMES WILL NOT TAKE MAX SALARY.   ELIMINATE MORRIS AND IT WORKS.  THAT'S $5M MILLION.

THE EQUATION WOULD BALANCE OUT IF PARTIES WORK THE DEAL.

LET'S GET REAL...WE ARE TALKING CHAMPIONSHIPS NOW....NOT MARKETING A BRAND.

PLACES WHERE HE COULD WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP AND MAKE A SALARY CAP FIT IS BOSTON AND PHILLY.............CANNOT DO IT IN HOUSTON OR GOLDEN STATE

LAKERS DO NOT HAVE THE SUPPORTING PLAYERS TO WIN NOR MIL BUCKS AND  INDIANA AS WELL.  TORONTO YOU HAVE A FOREIGN EXCHANGE PROBLEM BETWEEN CURRENCIES ...........BESIDES IT TAKES JAMES OUT OF THE UNITED STATES AND DILUTES HIS MARKETING HIS BRAND.

112288


Morris and who? Morris for James is delusional....

COW,

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. JAMES WILL BE A FREE AGENT! WHAT TRADE?????

THERE WILL BE NO SIGN AND TRADE! NO ONE WOULD DO THAT WITH JAMES BECOMING AN AGING PLAYER! HE HAS 3 YEARS MAX LEFT IN HIS GAS TANK AND AFTER THAT HE BECOMES A SIDE SHOW!

112288
avatar
112288

Posts : 6360
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 am

Sorry 112288, you must have thrown me off with all those CAPITAL letters....
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13640
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by 112288 on Thu May 17, 2018 10:01 am

COW,

CANNOT NOT SEE AS WELL WITHOUT MY GLASSES WHICH I DO NOT HAVE HANDY RIGHT NOW..........IT'S CALLED OLD AGE!

112288
avatar
112288

Posts : 6360
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by bobheckler on Thu May 17, 2018 10:07 am

LeBron James is one of, if not the, best player in the league.  He is one of the finalists in this year's MVP voting.  This year.  He dropped 42 on us last game.  There is little evidence he is experiencing much of a fall-off in talent due to age, except maybe that he can't go 48 anymore (maybe!).

Every team that signs him does so knowing that he will make them a contender the next year, and maybe the next, and possibly the year after that.  A 3-year window, which is what Danny thought he was buying when he gutted the team for Ray Allen and KG in 2007.

A player that is a needle-mover like LBJ will be able to command big bucks, even if they are on short-term contracts which any team would be happy to offer him if their cap space allows them and will make moves, if necessary, if it doesn't.


bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 37499
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - PLAYOFFS ROUND #3 - GAME #2 - HOME

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum