Stephen A. Smith lists Celtics as one of the teams LeBron James will talk with this summer

+6
NYCelt
dboss
wideclyde
kdp59
gyso
bobheckler
10 posters

Go down

Stephen A. Smith lists Celtics as one of the teams LeBron James will talk with this summer Empty Stephen A. Smith lists Celtics as one of the teams LeBron James will talk with this summer

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:35 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/stephen-smith-lists-celtics-one-145955576.html

Stephen A. Smith lists Celtics as one of the teams LeBron James will talk with this summer

NBC Sports Boston Staff,NBC Sports Boston 2 hours 10 minutes ago

During a segment on ESPN's "FIrst Take," Stephen A. Smith listed the Boston Celtics as one of the teams he thinks LeBron James will have a conversation with as a free agent.

Smith said, "LeBron James is going to have a conversation with the Cleveland Cavaliers. They can offer him the most, and they are willing to do anything they can to keep him here, etc. etc., and obviously the wife is going to have a major, major say in things. So you got that going on. He's going to have a conversation with Boston. He's going to have a conversation with Philly. Obviously the Lakers. Houston's in the mix as well. They are going to go after him. Make no mistake about it."

"So you got Cleveland, Philly, Boston, Houston, LA, Golden State... I don't think there's anything Miami can do, but obviously because he was there and brought them two championships. Pat Riley made amends with Dwyane Wade, and you know how LeBron feels about D-Wade. Those are all conversations he's going to have. Those are the seven teams."

James has an opt-out clause after this season, which we will certainly exercise. Danny Ainge and the Celtics would have to get very creative if this was indeed an option with their cap situation.

bob
MY NOTE:  So Stephen A(sshole) Smith is saying that LeBron would consider hooking up again with Kyrie, after Kyrie left him in the lurch in Cleveland?  This is why I don't pay much attention to what this blowhard says.  UNLESS, Kyrie is going to NOP as part of a deal for Anthony Davis.  Let's start that rumor.  It has just as much of a chance of happening as this.  Clearly, though, if there is ANY substance to this it points even more closely to the respect players have for Brad and what he was able to accomplish without Kyrie and Gordon.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Stephen A. Smith lists Celtics as one of the teams LeBron James will talk with this summer Empty Re: Stephen A. Smith lists Celtics as one of the teams LeBron James will talk with this summer

Post by gyso Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:18 pm

To me, this means that we are going to be mentioned in many Fake Rumors™️ because we are now considered to be contenders and because Brad is a top notch coach.

Back to top Go down

Stephen A. Smith lists Celtics as one of the teams LeBron James will talk with this summer Empty Re: Stephen A. Smith lists Celtics as one of the teams LeBron James will talk with this summer

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Hey...

I started this a few weeks back, Smith and Antoine Walker that  brought it up now are just copying me!!

wait.....!

if THEY are all a-holes...what does that make me?

Shocked

what the hell..let me give them some other crap to throw at the wall......

LeBron opts IN for next year than he and Hill are traded to the Celtics for Hayward and Irving.

LeBron wins 4 straight titles with the Celtics and then retires passing Jordan in titles.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:31 pm

This guy may decide to talk to the Cs, but I can not imagine Ainge doing too much listening.

James is still a great player, but he is older, has yet to be injured, will require at least as much money as he is getting now, has to coach the team as well as have his certain number of cronies with him. I think that I have watched him enough times not to think that I want to watch him in our green uniforms.

If he ever were to play for the Celtics, I would root for him, but I will be happy to take what players Ainge gets and Stevens coaches without LeBron and try to win #18 that way. Our team had more fun this year, and were more fun to watch than Cleveland even if Cleveland can find a way to come back and beat Golden State.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:43 pm

If his agent calls Danny, he will pick up the pbone and have a coversation.

Anything can happen so a sign and trade is possible but one of our max players would be heading out the door.  I believe James has a $36 mjllion player option.

Cleary it would be impossible to imagine that a deal could get done.

If and when the Cavs are eliminated, James is likely to bolt.  It is less about the money and more about him being on a team that can win now.  

He is too old to weather a rebuild even if it is a short term rebuild.  I think Philly is in the mix as is LAL.  I read where Houston could be a destination as well

Any team at or over the cap would need a sign and trade that is why I think teams with CAP space have the best shot.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:46 pm

The $ situation would seem to favor Philly, can't picture him paired with Simmons and only one ball, though.

Still willing to bet he stays in Cleveland and they continue to deal, trying for the right mix. He's already on a team that can make the finals, why switch? It will only take a player or two to put it over the top. My guess is he also figures his legacy within his home-town and the sport is tarnished if he goes, versus staying put. He's done everything else, I would think it's now about cementing a place in history and GOAT image. He can probably do that best by being the home-town boy who blew it up big.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:02 am

Just, please, no...

I want to beat him, not beat other people with him.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:49 am

dboss wrote:If his agent calls Danny, he will pick up the pbone and have a coversation.

Anything can happen so a sign and trade is possible but one of our max players would be heading out the door.  I believe James has a $36 mjllion player option.

Cleary it would be impossible to imagine that a deal could get done.

If and when the Cavs are eliminated, James is likely to bolt.  It is less about the money and more about him being on a team that can win now.  

He is too old to weather a rebuild even if it is a short term rebuild.  I think Philly is in the mix as is LAL.  I read where Houston could be a destination as well

Any team at or over the cap would need a sign and trade that is why I think teams with CAP space have the best shot.

did you read my post?

fixes all the problems with the cap and Irving in one trade

maybe I need to apologize for starting this stuff , with a stream of unconsciousness thread I had a month ago or so. But I didn't know that Walker and Smith read these threads.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:53 am

Funny thing about James, and it's been discussed in many ways...

He's one of the greatest to ever play the game; you can even argue the greatest. He's been a model citizen. By all accounts a devoted family man who is totally dedicated to his kids and wife. He's never been caught near social controversy, and contributes to society heavily off the court. He has all the early signs of Magic Johnson type success to come after retirement, befriending and being mentored by the likes of Warren Buffet among others. He is one of a handful of athletes who have been able to truly transcend their sport on a global basis.

And still, like many, I can't think of a player I've ever been more tired of.

Tired of him pulling the plug on The Celts? Over-saturated from media hype? Some sort of opponent-team envy?

I don't know what it is, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching James & Co. drop Game 3 last night, and mainly because of James.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:57 pm

kdp59 wrote:Hey...

I started this a few weeks back, Smith and Antoine Walker that  brought it up now are just copying me!!

wait.....!

if THEY are all a-holes...what does that make me?

Shocked

what the hell..let me give them some other crap to throw at the wall......

LeBron opts IN for next year than he and Hill are traded to the Celtics for Hayward and Irving.

LeBron wins 4 straight titles with the Celtics and then retires passing Jordan in titles.

You are a basketball Nostradamus KDP, and your latest scenario completely addresses the argument that Kyrie's presence precludes Lebron coming to the Celtics. If Lebron came via the route you propose, and he let Brad coach the team in every respect, he could very well win 4 more titles. Very creative thinking. However, you may want to keep your true identity hidden, as I can't say how certain board members will respond to this proposal.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:17 pm

I suspect LBJ has a secret admiration for the Cs franchise. The fans, the tradition, and probably now, the coach. I suspect he's not the first prayer who never played here to feel that way. But I can't see any way that could work. Maybe in a few years when he's ready to retire he could take a vet min and play a few minutes. Maybe retire and then come back late season for a playoff run with the Cs. But I think even that would be a stretch.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:49 pm

And, you remember what the response was back when your brought this topic up??? I, for one, said "kiss Kyrie goodbye, for sure" that would be the ultimate slap in the face. Secondly, the more I think about it, the madder I get that that blowhard, Stephen ASS Smith wants to tie LeBron's name to Boston along with all the other teams. I am tired of all the rumors out there.

No way NO lets Davis out of their grasp, he is the cornerstone of their franchise. That would go down as one of stupidest trades in the history of basketball.
You remember, Russell? McHale? Parish?

Let's let these jerks get their jollies off of mentioning the Celtics in regard to trades. I want no part of it.
That excitement went out the day they went all out, put on the show of the century for Durant and he walked away. Now he blames Brady for being there as one of the reasons he didn't pick Boston. BS, he was either staying in OKC or going to GSW,

Let's stay with what we have, add a tweek here or there and go out and blow them all off the floor next year
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:01 pm

When did Durant blame Brady??? I read that he thought it was great that Brady came, but that it was ultimately a basketball decision to go to GSW, which is prefectly reasonable.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:41 pm

he said he did not get why they thought bringing Brady to the meeting, even though he respected him and admired him, would not have changed any decision he was making. He said this was a basketball decision, and it was an unnecessary factor.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:45 am

this is taken a life all its' own now......LOL

https://nesn.com/2018/06/why-celtics-should-try-to-sign-lebron-james-if-option-presents-itself/

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down