We lost to them?

Go down

We lost to them?

Post by Ktronic1 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:33 pm

GD! How’d that happen. Cavs look so weak. Guess Dubs have a lot to do with it.
Dare I say we would have looked much better than this!
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3757
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by jrleftfoot on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:31 am

We lost to the Cavs because the moment became too big for some of the young guys. Won`t happen next year.
avatar
jrleftfoot

Posts : 807
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by NYCelt on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:58 am

True. Hard to believe this is the team we lost to.

I don't think we lost to The Cavs, however. I think we lost to LeBron James.

It took an almost super-human effort for him to guide Cleveland past Boston. Maybe the Celtics series wore him down.
avatar
NYCelt

Posts : 7328
Join date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by mulcogiseng on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:21 am

Seriously? How did we lose to them?

Gordon broke his leg. Kyrie had surgery. Daniel had surgery. Shane hurt his shoulder.

Any one of these guys play and we win that series. I am so proud of these young men on our roster.

We were the matchup that GS feared.

And then there were those headlights that won't happen again next year.

I'm not a big fan of the use of "moral victory" to describe a close loss. With all our injuries this year, perhaps pyrrhic victory? lol
avatar
mulcogiseng

Posts : 1066
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:45 am

mulcogiseng wrote:Seriously? How did we lose to them?

Gordon broke his leg.  Kyrie had surgery. Daniel had surgery. Shane hurt his shoulder.

Any one of these guys play and we win that series. I am so proud of these young men on our roster.

We were the matchup that GS feared.

And then there were those headlights that won't happen again next year.

I'm not a big fan of the use of "moral victory" to describe a close loss. With all our injuries this year, perhaps pyrrhic victory? lol


mulcogi,

A "Pyrrhic victory" is one that you win, but the cost of winning is so high that you have little left afterwards.  If there was a Pyrrhic victory this playoff season it belonged to LeBron James and the Cleveland Cadavers because the cost of beating us was so high, burning out LeBron, they didn't have much left to face the Dubs.

As far as we go we had a rotation player starting in lieu of one of the top guards in the league and a 2nd year player starting.  There is no experience like deep playoff experience and they both got some now.  Our spectacular rookie rose to the occasion, and puts him ahead of Jaylen Brown on the growth curve because Jaylen needed another year to get those minutes than Jayson needed.

No Kyrie, no Hayward, no Theis, no Larkin to rest key players for a few minutes, usually playing 7-8 players 10 or more mpg (1x going 9 deep) because we were SO shorthanded and we still took Cleveland to 7 and it took repeated historic, epic performances by LeBron to do it. If he played like a mere mortal we'd be hammering on GSW now, not swan diving to them like the Cadavers are.

Next year, if we are healthy and come back with this roster, no major changes, and our biggest worries will be Philadelphia, not Cleveland, and we beat Philly without those players in 5 anyway.  If LeBron doesn't go to the Sixers we'll beat them again next year too.


bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 38135
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by Ktronic1 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:10 am

NYCelt wrote:True. Hard to believe this is the team we lost to.

I don't think we lost to The Cavs, however. I think we lost to LeBron James.

It took an almost super-human effort for him to guide Cleveland past Boston. Maybe the Celtics series wore him down.

True that because based on what I witnessed last night, Despite his scoring 33, LBJ looks a bit weary.
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3757
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by Ktronic1 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:17 am

bobheckler wrote:
mulcogiseng wrote:Seriously? How did we lose to them?

Gordon broke his leg.  Kyrie had surgery. Daniel had surgery. Shane hurt his shoulder.

Any one of these guys play and we win that series. I am so proud of these young men on our roster.

We were the matchup that GS feared.

And then there were those headlights that won't happen again next year.

I'm not a big fan of the use of "moral victory" to describe a close loss. With all our injuries this year, perhaps pyrrhic victory? lol


mulcogi,

A "Pyrrhic victory" is one that you win, but the cost of winning is so high that you have little left afterwards.  If there was a Pyrrhic victory this playoff season it belonged to LeBron James and the Cleveland Cadavers because the cost of beating us was so high, burning out LeBron, they didn't have much left to face the Dubs.

As far as we go we had a rotation player starting in lieu of one of the top guards in the league and a 2nd year player starting.  There is no experience like deep playoff experience and they both got some now.  Our spectacular rookie rose to the occasion, and puts him ahead of Jaylen Brown on the growth curve because Jaylen needed another year to get those minutes than Jayson needed.

No Kyrie, no Hayward, no Theis, no Larkin to rest key players for a few minutes, usually playing 7-8 players 10 or more mpg (1x going 9 deep) because we were SO shorthanded and we still took Cleveland to 7 and it took repeated historic, epic performances by LeBron to do it.  If he played like a mere mortal we'd be hammering on GSW now, not swan diving to them like the Cadavers are.

Next year, if we are healthy and come back with this roster, no major changes, and our biggest worries will be Philadelphia, not Cleveland, and we beat Philly without those players in 5 anyway.  If LeBron doesn't go to the Sixers we'll beat them again next year too.


bob


.
No doubt. With everyone healthy we would have probably swept the Cavs they way we were playing.
Apparently that’s who I’m seeing out there on the court now, a Celtishol induced beat down Cavs team on their last legs. Can’t wait till training camp and the start of next season. Should be Epic!!!
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3757
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by Ktronic1 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:25 am

mulcogiseng wrote:Seriously? How did we lose to them?

Gordon broke his leg.  Kyrie had surgery. Daniel had surgery. Shane hurt his shoulder.

Any one of these guys play and we win that series. I am so proud of these young men on our roster.

We were the matchup that GS feared.

And then there were those headlights that won't happen again next year.

I'm not a big fan of the use of "moral victory" to describe a close loss. With all our injuries this year, perhaps pyrrhic victory? lol

Basketball When I spoke of “we” I was only referring to the guys we had left after the injuries. We were that good despite the injuries. So what I’m seeing now is a Cavs team (with a few lucky breaks) who advanced to the finals beating a team that was clearly better minus our stars. Agree, the headlights were on high beam but next year, even with flood lights we’ll beat anyone in our way and at the very least get to the finals.
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3757
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by dboss on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:30 am

Steph missed something like 9 straight.  Does not matter when you have more ballers on your team.

Roziers goes 0-12, no KI no GH,  you lose.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8878
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:45 am

Larkin was a key loss too. Without him, Rozier had to play just a few too many minutes, just a little less would have kept him fresher and better. Theis was also a huge loss, he can play next to Al or Baynes and that would have enabled less of Morris which also would have helped us.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 14120
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by mulcogiseng on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:56 am

Celtishol? Now that is a WORD to be cherished forever. Fabulous wordsmithing! bounce
avatar
mulcogiseng

Posts : 1066
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by Ktronic1 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:01 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:Celtishol?  Now that is a WORD to be cherished forever. Fabulous wordsmithing!  bounce
Thanks but I cant take credit for that. I lifted from the Celtsaholic 12 step program guide. lol!
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3757
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:47 pm

clevelanddotcom Cavs


@PDcavsinsider
Follow Follow @PDcavsinsider
More
We asked you what you’d get Jordan Clarkson for his birthday today. You, unsurprisingly, delivered with plenty of snark. Photo: AP.





bob



.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 38135
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by jrleftfoot on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:54 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Larkin was a key loss too. Without him, Rozier had to play just a few too many minutes, just a little less would have kept him fresher and better. Theis was also a huge loss, he can play next to Al or Baynes and that would have enabled less of Morris which also would have helped us.
+1
avatar
jrleftfoot

Posts : 807
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by Ktronic1 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 am

bobheckler wrote:clevelanddotcom Cavs


@PDcavsinsider
Follow Follow @PDcavsinsider
More
We asked you what you’d get Jordan Clarkson for his birthday today. You, unsurprisingly, delivered with plenty of snark. Photo: AP.





bob



.
Hate him too. He’s the little Doo doo head that showboated on Paul Pierce day very time he hit a shot.
My selection is not up there but I vote to make him clean very toilet at Grand Central station.
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3757
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: We lost to them?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum