Celtics are "scared" of losing Kyrie Irving to the Knicks?

+8
swish
gyso
jrleftfoot
Shamrock1000
kdp59
RosalieTCeltics
steve3344
12 posters

Go down

Celtics are "scared" of losing Kyrie Irving to the Knicks? Empty Celtics are "scared" of losing Kyrie Irving to the Knicks?

Post by steve3344 Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:45 pm

https://nypost.com/2018/06/08/celtics-scared-of-kyrie-irvings-future-with-knicks-lurking/

He wants to be with a lottery team the next five years?

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Celtics are "scared" of losing Kyrie Irving to the Knicks? Empty Re: Celtics are "scared" of losing Kyrie Irving to the Knicks?

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Words, only words. Mannix looking to be Stephen A and create a story.
This story is a NO to me.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Celtics are "scared" of losing Kyrie Irving to the Knicks? Empty Re: Celtics are "scared" of losing Kyrie Irving to the Knicks?

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:51 am

Not a good way start to the 2018-2019 season.

How about saying, Ya I love Boston and would like to sign if the $ and terms are right! But we have to listen to a bunch of gobbly gook statements from Irving.

Danny should think hard about him and keep all options open during the season including a trade. We need a center more than a point guard.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:23 am

a couple of thing as far as Irving to consider.

1) his injury history. anyone can look and see hes played more season at 60 games or less than ones over that. He has played 441 games in 7 years for an average of 63 games per year, if my math is correct. Hard to play a guy $40M per year if he sits on the bench a lot, IMO.

2) Paying Irving $40M per year super max COULD mean Tatum leaves eventually. no team can pay two super max deals. If I am handing out the cash, I would save it for Tatum (IF he progresses to being one of the top players in the game)_ OR a guy who already is top 5.

3) How valuable IS Irving if the team almost made the NBA finals without him in the playoffs?.....$40M good?

4) the rest of the gossip I wouldn't worry about, but the the other three should be a real concern.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:08 am

The headline of the story is taken out of context. If you read it, all it says is that while he was on tbe Cavs he expressed intetest in the Nicks. This was before he was ever traded to Boston. It is not like he said it this summer. By all accounts he loves Boston. If Boston wasn't on his list, it was only because he figured it was impossible since tbey had IT at the time. Danny wouldn't have done the deal if he didn't believe he had a really good chance of re-signing Kyrie. Total clickbait/lazy journalism/fake news.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:27 am

My source says it`s the Kings, with the Washington Generals on his short list. affraid Kyrie will be 26 next season and he`s  as good a finisher as there is in the league. I`m going to let Danny Ainge worry about who gets paid when. Irving , by Ainge`s own account, was on his wish list for years. I don`t see him going anywhere. Just give him the damn ball. It`s a superstar league. If DA can`t figure out how to accommodate Kyrie and Tatum, when the time comes, he`s not as smart as I think he is. Isn`t Jayson on a rookie contact for 3 more years? I`m not banking on scary Terry taking us to the promised land.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:31 am

BTW, ,it has been reported that Duke alums Tatum and Irving have developed a " brother like bond." No word on JT`s views regarding the shape of the Mother Ship.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:01 am

Shamrock1000 wrote:The headline of the story is taken out of context. If you read it, all it says is that while he was on tbe Cavs he expressed intetest in the Nicks. This was before he was ever traded to Boston. It is not like he said it this summer. By all accounts he loves Boston. If Boston wasn't on his list, it was only because he figured it was impossible since tbey had IT at the time. Danny wouldn't have done the deal if he didn't believe he had a really good chance of re-signing Kyrie. Total clickbait/lazy journalism/fake news.

I agree. There is no reason to be mad at Kyrie about this. That was then, this is now. It was a different reality when Kyrie was with the Cavs, the world was flat then! Now that he is with the Celtics, he is grown and understands that the world is round, like the pizza!! clown

One problem is that we now have two threads going about the Mannix BS statement. I've already have posted my thoughts on the other one, and now I feel compelled to waste some of my life on this one. Crying or Very sad

The internet has legs and BS click bait trash like this creates cash for the media. I fear that this isn't the end of this kind of "clickbait/lazy journalism/fake news" regarding the Celtics.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:50 am

Just an off season trip to LA LA LAND

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Gyso, I agree totally.  Addressing this issue over and over only gives Mannix what he wants, ATTENTION.  WoJo he is not, and even WoJo has thrown a few things out there that are garbage.  We have to remember, they are only as close as Danny wants them to be.

My money is on Kyrie, he stays and finally gets to play with Hayward who he is ready to team with. Let's move on to the next topic.

Was LeBron's hand broken? Is Marcus Smart a baby?
Where is Paul George going, and is he taking LB with him?

So many subjects, so little time!!!

Last edited by RosalieTCeltics on Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:31 pm

lol!
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:29 pm

Going to be a long off season.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Whether this situation actually becomes a story or not, I am sure that the Cs have concerns about Irving re-signing with the team as a free agent next summer when his contract runs out.

They probably have more concern after Irving's great season in Boston as they now know that they really do not want to lose him. Before they got him into games last Fall, they thought that they liked him, but now they know how good he is and how well he fit in. He, then, is more valuable now after proving himself in Boston, and if he can play an injury free full season next year he will be even more valuable.

There will be many factors to look at in re-signing him, but I hope that they can find a way to bring him back.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:49 pm

wideclyde wrote:Whether this situation actually becomes a story or not, I am sure that the Cs have concerns about Irving re-signing with the team as a free agent next summer when his contract runs out.

They probably have more concern after Irving's great season in Boston as they now know that they really do not want to lose him.  Before they got him into games last Fall, they thought that they liked him, but now they know how good he is and how well he fit in.  He, then, is more valuable now after proving himself in Boston, and if he can play an injury free full season next year he will be even more valuable.

There will be many factors to look at in re-signing him, but I hope that they can find a way to bring him back.
Wyde the Celtics did not just find out how good Kyrie was.  Maybe they realized that he is a really good fit for this team.  But make no mistake about it.  Danny knew what he was getting.  He didn't just like Kyrie, he loved him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:19 pm

We have no choice but to wait and see how it all plays out.

How Kyrie comes back from yet another surgery on his knee. How he fits back into the offense, and if Tatum and Brown take a step back with Hayward and Irving dominating the ball. And his attitude on and off the court. Is he upset that this isnt going to be his team long term or is he happy to play the role of star and mentor with his young teammates?

Time will tell, but I was not thrilled with this interview and the overall tone. Who the hell would want to play for the Knicks? Seriously? Is that really a thing?

Having said that, DA holds ALL the cards here. He will have a contender on his hands, with or without Irving. If Kyrie gets on board, they will be contenders for 5, 6, 7 years. If not, it might take them one more year to fully round into shape. But make no mistake about it, the Celtics are destined for greatness sooner or later, with Kyrie here or not.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:45 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:We have no choice but to wait and see how it all plays out.  

How Kyrie comes back from yet another surgery on his knee.  How he fits back into the offense, and if Tatum and Brown take a step back with Hayward and Irving dominating the ball.  And his attitude on and off the court.  Is he upset that this isnt going to be his team long term or is he happy to play the role of star and mentor with his young teammates?

Time will tell, but I was not thrilled with this interview and the overall tone.  Who the hell would want to play for the Knicks?  Seriously?  Is that really a thing?

Having said that, DA holds ALL the cards here.  He will have a contender on his hands, with or without Irving.  If Kyrie gets on board, they will be contenders for 5, 6, 7 years.  If not, it might take them one more year to fully round into shape.  But make no mistake about it, the Celtics are destined for greatness sooner or later, with Kyrie here or not.

NY Knicks are one of two original NBA franchises. There will always be an allure because playing in Madison Square Gardens is a big deal.

I think we are reading too much into this article and all it really represents is a statement by Mannix that the Celtics are scared of losing Kyrie. That idea comes from a Kyrie interview and somehow people want to interpret it they want to.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:15 pm

I like NYC as well....but that is a bit of a stretch in 2018. They are a terribly run organization with an owner who is worst than Dan Gilbert and no real hope for any future anytime soon. Any FA who goes to the Knicks is looking for money first and money second. Dont even talk about winning.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:37 pm

I said on another post that I bumped into Jamie Young this morning. Congratulated him on a great season and said to get Kyrie to stop talking!!!! He laughed and said, "don't worry about that stuff!!" The only reason I feel like these crazy interviews are disturbing is that he is feeding reporters who would love to see the Celtics get it stuck to them. One minute he is talking about how great it is to be in Boston, the next he is saying he is not sure about his future with the Celts. ????what gives, $$$$$? He is going to get that no matter where he goes.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:51 pm

I highly doubt Kyrie will be donning a Knicks jersey any time soon. They are poorly run and are far away from being contenders.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down