Bill Russell Steals The Show at the NBA Awards

5 posters

Go down

Bill Russell Steals The Show at the NBA Awards Empty Bill Russell Steals The Show at the NBA Awards

Post by mulcogiseng Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:21 pm

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/bill-russell-steals-the-show-during-the-nba-awards/

Bill Russell steals the show during the NBA Awards
by WILL S on JUNE 26, 2018 in NBA
While Monday night’s award show went largely as planned – Ben Simmons took home Rookie of the Year and Dwane Casey, formerly of the Toronto Raptors, won Coach of the Year – Bill Russell had other plans as Charles Barkley introduced Oscar Robertson for his Lifetime Achievement Award.

As Barkley went around the room, thanking NBA legends for their contributions, he got to Russell, who managed to steal the second annual NBA Awards show Monday night, doing what many people, even those who find Charles Barkley hilarious and entertaining, would sometimes like to do to Sir Charles.

He flipped him off.

The Celtics great was in the crowd at Monday night’s annual NBA Awards show in Santa Monica, California, and as fellow Hall of Famer Charles Barkley thanked a number greats of the game while on stage, Russell made sure Sir Charles knows there is no love lost between the two.

The moment obviously became a social media sensation, as an 84-year-old flipping someone off on live TV should. Russell apologized on Twitter following the broadcast, saying when he sees Barkley, giving him the old one-finger salute is “pure instinct.”

It was easily the funniest and most spontaneous moment of the night.

Last year, Russell was actually on stage to present an award with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Shaquille O’Neal, Dikembe Mutombo, Alonzo Mourning and David Robinson and joked that he could kick all of their asses.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Bill Russell Steals The Show at the NBA Awards Empty Re: Bill Russell Steals The Show at the NBA Awards

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Bill Russell Steals The Show at the NBA Awards Dglc-4xUEAM56Cm?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Bill Russell Steals The Show at the NBA Awards Empty Re: Bill Russell Steals The Show at the NBA Awards

Post by Celticspride Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Great man.
Celticspride
Celticspride

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:31 am

If it was a joke, it was in poor taste at least or showing some dementia at worst.

if he was serious, he should be ashamed of himself.

Look, if it was another non Celtic great doing that most here would pan it as unacceptable and crude.

The moral judgement should be the same, even if it was Russell....at least IMO.

He's old enough to know better or maybe too old to be going out in public if his mental facility's have degraded this far.

sorry.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:43 am

kdp,

If we're being unbiased, you do have a valid point.

On a related note, even for a guy his size, Russ has some long fingers.

Regards

Note; I don't know where you are in PA, it's such an enormous state, but we were in Lancaster for a tournament last weekend. I can't believe the new construction going on down there. I had no idea the area was as big as it is, and growing so much as well.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:12 am

NYCelt wrote:kdp,

If we're being unbiased, you do have a valid point.

On a related note, even for a guy his size, Russ has some long fingers.

Regards

Note; I don't know where you are in PA, it's such an enormous state, but we were in Lancaster for a tournament last weekend. I can't believe the new construction going on down there. I had no idea the area was as big as it is, and growing so much as well.

I'm west of there about 2 hours. going down I-81 towards the Maryland line. and yes there has been steady construction in the area for the past 5-6 years.

As long as they are building hotels , i guess I'll keep the company open for another year or so.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down