Paul George hints at interest in playing for the Celtics

5 posters

Go down

Paul George hints at interest in playing for the Celtics Empty Paul George hints at interest in playing for the Celtics

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:15 am

Paul George hints at interest in playing for the Celtics
WEEI Lucy Burdge

June 29, 2018 - 7:33 am

In his most recent video about his free agency decision, Paul George mentioned the Celtics as a potential landing spot.

George is making a three-part miniseries with ESPN chronicling his upcoming free agency and brought up Boston in a conversation with Dwyane Wade in this latest installment.

"At the end of the day, that's all I wanna do," George said when Wade advised him to prioritize winning when making his decision. "I wanna be a champion and in a way, it's like, I wanna come (to Los Angeles). I wanna play for the home team and put a Lakers jersey on. That's always gonna be something that I wanna fulfill but at the same time, it's like, what's the best move though? I know who I am as a player. I just wanna help a team win, and I feel comfortable doing that with (Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook). And then, there's other places too, from Boston to Clippers."

George will be on the market when free agency begins on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Paul George hints at interest in playing for the Celtics Empty Re: Paul George hints at interest in playing for the Celtics

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:40 am

All these glory hunters, want to pop in and take credit for all the hard work Danny, Brad and the young guys have been putting in over the past few years.

Celtics do not need any more redundancy. They dont need any more SF. They have better, younger, more affordable talent than Lebron, Leonard and George.

If your name is AD or KAT - lets talk. Otherwise, keep it moving.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Paul George hints at interest in playing for the Celtics Empty Re: Paul George hints at interest in playing for the Celtics

Post by worcester Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:51 am

But don't we need someone like PG who always makes those clutch game winning baskets just before the buzzer? NOT!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:15 pm

I would have to say that the Cs really do not need Paul George at this time. Perhaps four years ago he would have been a much better addition for Boston as he would have younger, cheaper and not such a duplication of positional talent.

He may list Boston as a potential landing spot, but right now, he is far too expensive for what little addition he would be. We have plenty of small forwards, Theis, Horford, Tatum and perhaps Williams can handle the power forward minutes.

The Cs owners have said that they will pay tax penalties to win #18, but going completely wild in spending is still not going to happen.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:24 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:All these glory hunters, want to pop in and take credit for all the hard work Danny, Brad and the young guys have been putting in over the past few years.

Celtics do not need any more redundancy.  They dont need any more SF.  They have better, younger, more affordable talent than Lebron, Leonard and George.  

If your name is AD or KAT - lets talk.  Otherwise, keep it moving.

+1 I could not have said it better
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Just another total blab job by yet another NBA player. When you agree to sign with your current team only two hours after free agency begins you know exactly where you planned to sign/play.

Honesty at this time of the year is not a high priority for all, and this is why I like a guy like Baynes who said he wanted to play in Boston and accordingly signed quickly where he said he wanted to play. Part of what makes this guy the guy he is on our team, and what his teammates like about him.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down