Sixers Emerging As a Major Player

Go down

Sixers Emerging As a Major Player

Post by dboss on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:57 am

Lebron will be meeting with the Sixers.  The Sixers have the assets to make a trade for Leonard.  The Spurs do not want to trade him to a Western Conference team.

Some trades that work

Leonard for Simmons, Saric, Holmes and Fultz + Sixers future 1st rounder and Miami's 2021 first rounder

Leonard for Simmons, Saric, and Covington + draft picks

Leonard for Simmons, Bayless and Saric + picks

If the Sixers add both James and Leonard (health issues ok) they would have the 2 premier all around wings in the NBA.  With Embid in the middle that is a pretty formidable big 3.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixers Emerging As a Major Player

Post by worcester on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Shows you what I know. I thought there was no way LeBron's wife would want to move to Philly.
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:18 pm

Their ex-GM, Hinkie, needs to get some credit because this is exactly what he planned and predicted when the 'process' first went into action.

Imagine if a couple of more of their many tip top draft picks (Okafor and Fultz) had not failed so miserably?

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:20 pm

worcester wrote:Shows you what I know. I thought there was no way LeBron's wife would want to move to Philly.

This is nothing more and nothing less than a "What If" scenario.

The three destinations for James are Cleveland, LAL and Philly. LAL have no established stars but Philly does. LAL cannot get Leonard without gutting the Core of their young team. Philly however is more similar to Boston. They can part with assets to sign Leonard and they have cap space for Lebron. I do not see Lebron going to LAL unless they are able to add another allstar at the same time.

Cousins can get paid more by staying home but may consider an LAL move if Lebron joins the team. Cousins is still recovering from the achilles injury so there has to be concern about him. Leonard is also a question mark.

I think Philly has the best chance of landing him if they are willing to part with Simmons. Basically this is a game of Musical Chairs.

Given the Paul George resigning with OKC, LAL should pursue Cousins with all due haste. They may be able to add Leonard down the road.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:18 pm

76ers saying three players are untouchable; Embiid, Simmons and Fultz.
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Fultz untouchable? That's the dumbest thing a Sixer front office person said since Colangelo stopped texting.
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:44 pm

worcester wrote:Fultz untouchable? That's the dumbest thing a Sixer front office person said since Colangelo stopped texting.

I have a feeling it's a combination of his injuries making him too big a risk for others, and the fact that he has high potential if he recovers well.

We've laughed at the '6ers for years, but they may be about to laugh last as they compete with Boston and Toronto to become top dog in the East. That is, providing James leaves Cleveland.
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:44 pm

I read that his problem is from the neck up..Fultz

The Sixers are hoping that he can play this year.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down