Cousins to Warriors

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by mrkleen09 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:07 pm

[quote="Ktronic1"]
mrkleen09 wrote:
That’s the way I interpreted it. Not to nitpick either but I AM saying any star player that makes sense!! And I still believe that, being Kawhi or whomever. Clear enough?

You can say what you want....but dont try and repaint post after post where he was droning on and on about Kawhi, as him just wanting the Celtics to improve.  That isnt what he said. Sorry.

IMO the Celtics do have a star playing joining the team, in fact two of them. The Celtics do not need to do anything except strengthen tthe back up Center position and sort out Marcus Smart.

avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3150
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by Shamrock1000 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:23 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I just heard a reporter talking about Cousen's decision.....

Not really a fan of Boogie, but I will need something more substantial than this to begin publically assailing the guy's character.

Shamrock1000

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2013-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by steve3344 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:34 pm

wideclyde wrote:This is a very interesting turn of events.  Maybe Cousins was spurred to chase a ring after so many terrible seasons spent in Sacramento where there was no plan, terrible front office, not very much talent and far too many head coaches in his time spent there.

If he can recover from his Achilles injury in time to make a contribution to a championship he will look for a max contract next summer, and may have a ring to wear when he signs it.

His next playoff game will be his first.

steve3344

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by Ktronic1 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:37 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:
That’s the way I interpreted it. Not to nitpick either but I AM saying any star player that makes sense!! And I still believe that, being Kawhi or whomever. Clear enough?

You can say what you want....but dont try and repaint post after post where he was droning on and on about Kawhi, as him just wanting the Celtics to improve.  That isnt what he said. Sorry.

IMO the Celtics do have a star playing joining the team, in fact two of them.  The Celtics do not need to do anything except strengthen tthe back up Center position and sort out Marcus Smart.

As I said. That’s how I interpreted it. I’m not here to defend anyone else’s opinion. This isn’t about Fierce despite you tyrying to make it about him. The Celts can help themselves by adding another star player or maybe even a role player as in back up center as you say. That’s what I’m discussing. If you want to continue on about who said what and how many times they said it, feel free. Im not.
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3677
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by gyso on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:44 pm

fierce wrote:We have to open our eyes.

The defending champs now have 5 starters that are all All-Star players.

This is the strongest starting 5 in NBA history.

Sure the Celts will most likely end up in the Finals next year.
But if the Celts are just going to win one game against GSW then it's just going to be heartbreak.

Balderdash!!

_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 12757
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by mrkleen09 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:
As I said. That’s how I interpreted it. I’m not here to defend anyone else’s opinion.  This isn’t about Fierce despite you tyrying to make it about him. The Celts can help themselves by adding another star player or maybe even a role player as in back up center as you say. That’s what I’m discussing. If you want to continue on about who said what and how many times they said it, feel free. Im not.

Then thats what you should have said from the beginning - I believe X or Y.  

You are the one that tried to use this opportunity to defend his misguided opinion, and now you dont want to talk about it any longer?  LOL.  OK.
avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3150
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by Ktronic1 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:14 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:
As I said. That’s how I interpreted it. I’m not here to defend anyone else’s opinion.  This isn’t about Fierce despite you tyrying to make it about him. The Celts can help themselves by adding another star player or maybe even a role player as in back up center as you say. That’s what I’m discussing. If you want to continue on about who said what and how many times they said it, feel free. Im not.

Then thats what you should have said from the beginning - I believe X or Y.  

You are the one that tried to use this opportunity to defend his misguided opinion, and now you dont want to talk about it any longer?  LOL.  OK.

My first words were “I interpreted”. Also, if you go back and read some of my previous posts regarding this same subject you’ll see that they have been consistent.
Your problem is obviously with Fierce. I’ll express my opinion however I choose. Don’t come for me! And no, I don’t want to talk to YOU about this any longer. It’s silly. Talk directly to Fierce.
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3677
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by jrleftfoot on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:04 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Still only one ball.  Boogie is where ball rotation goes to die.  Not sure this works.
Cousins averaged 5.4 assists for N.O.  last year.
avatar
jrleftfoot

Posts : 755
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by mrkleen09 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:11 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:Still only one ball.  Boogie is where ball rotation goes to die.  Not sure this works.
Cousins averaged 5.4 assists for N.O.  last year.

On a team focused on INSIDE scoring. Totally different animal in my eyes.
avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3150
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by k_j_88 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:54 pm

DeMarcus is going to be on the shelf for a while. I really feel like the Warriors did this more so the Lakers couldn't get him than anything else.

KJ
avatar
k_j_88

Posts : 4567
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by jrleftfoot on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:56 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:Still only one ball.  Boogie is where ball rotation goes to die.  Not sure this works.
Cousins averaged 5.4 assists for N.O.  last year.

On a team focused on INSIDE scoring.  Totally different animal in my eyes.
My point was that he`s not exactly a black hole. He can shoot , rebound and pass when it is optimal . Despite his reputation , he did some good things for the community at large in Sacto and N.O. All that said, his achilles is obviously a major concern.
avatar
jrleftfoot

Posts : 755
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by dboss on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:40 pm

Read a lot of points of views here.  Some I agree with and some I don't.

Any player that has experienced a serious injury requiring long term rehabilitation, should not expect any team to bust into their savings.  In typical fashion, the volatile and immature Cousins, storms out and accepts the tax player version of the MLE.  

NOLA will shed no tears.  This of course following a cheapskate offer to Rondo who more than exceeded a small salary.  There are reasons why so many teams just plan suck.  One is because their bottom line expectation conflicts with the expenditures to field a championship team.  The other is that you have bad decision makers.

On GSW's part, they made a meager investment for their amusement.  Gee! I wonder how this will work? Five Allstars is a first.  Conflict will have to wait until Cousins returns and it certainly appears he will not be ready this year.  How he fits in seems far removed. So there is no worry about how to get Cousins 18 FGA's

NOLA is still trying to build a team around AD but they just do not know how to do it.  

None of this should be such a concern for Celtics fans to let a little stank into the conversation.  When we get to the championship series we will play whomever is left.


Last edited by dboss on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8583
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by steve3344 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:20 am

k_j_88 wrote:DeMarcus is going to be on the shelf for a while. I really feel like the Warriors did this more so the Lakers couldn't get him than anything else.

KJ

The Lakers passed.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-lakers-passed-demarcus-cousins-turned-40m-pelicans-last-year-001753364.html


Last edited by steve3344 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

steve3344

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by steve3344 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:22 am

dboss wrote:Read a lot of points of views here.  Some I agree with and some I don't.

Any player that has experienced a serious injury requiring long term rehabilitation, should not expect any team to bust into their savings.  In typical fashion, the volatile and immature Cousins, storms out and accepts the tax player version of the MLE.  

NOLA will shed no tears.  This of course following a cheapskate offer to Rondo who more than exceeded a small salary.  There are reasons why so many teams just plan suck.  One is because their bottom line expectation conflicts with the expenditures to field a championship team.  The other is that you have bad decision makers.

On GSW's part, they made a meager investment for their amusement.  Gee! I wonder how this will work? Five Allstars is a first.  Conflict will have to wait until Cousins returns and it certainly appears he will not be ready this year.  How he fits in seems far removed. So there is no worry about how to get Cousins 18 FGA's

NOLA is still trying to build a team around AD but they just do not know how to do it.  

None of this should be such a concern for Celtics fans to let alittle stank into the conversation.  When we get to the championship series we will play whomever is left.

"Five Allstars is a first."

Seems it's not. Was reported the Celtics had five all-stars from the previous year on their 1976 team.

steve3344

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by k_j_88 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:25 am

Per Bleacher Report, Cousins turned down $40M/2 year deal.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2784418-report-demarcus-cousins-rejected-2-year-40-million-pelicans-contract-offer


If this is true, his departure implies something a lot more personal formed a rift between his camp and the Pelicans management.



KJ
avatar
k_j_88

Posts : 4567
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by dboss on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:37 am

steve3344 wrote:
dboss wrote:Read a lot of points of views here.  Some I agree with and some I don't.

Any player that has experienced a serious injury requiring long term rehabilitation, should not expect any team to bust into their savings.  In typical fashion, the volatile and immature Cousins, storms out and accepts the tax player version of the MLE.  

NOLA will shed no tears.  This of course following a cheapskate offer to Rondo who more than exceeded a small salary.  There are reasons why so many teams just plan suck.  One is because their bottom line expectation conflicts with the expenditures to field a championship team.  The other is that you have bad decision makers.

On GSW's part, they made a meager investment for their amusement.  Gee! I wonder how this will work? Five Allstars is a first.  Conflict will have to wait until Cousins returns and it certainly appears he will not be ready this year.  How he fits in seems far removed. So there is no worry about how to get Cousins 18 FGA's

NOLA is still trying to build a team around AD but they just do not know how to do it.  

None of this should be such a concern for Celtics fans to let alittle stank into the conversation.  When we get to the championship series we will play whomever is left.

"Five Allstars is a first."

Seems it's not. Was reported the Celtics had five all-stars from the previous year on their 1976 team.

Celtics with Cowens, White, Havlicek, Silas and Charlie Scott ( was allstar previous year with the Suns)



Last edited by dboss on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8583
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by dboss on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:15 am

Celts were in the mix

https://247sports.com/nba/boston-celtics/Article/Report-DeMarcus-Cousins-picked-Warriors-over-Celtics--119540457

Who else out there is glad he choose the Warriors over the Celtics?

I sure am
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8583
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by steve3344 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:28 am

dboss wrote:Celts were in the mix

https://247sports.com/nba/boston-celtics/Article/Report-DeMarcus-Cousins-picked-Warriors-over-Celtics--119540457

Who else out there is glad he choose the Warriors over the Celtics?

I sure am

Let's see if you still feel that way when, after playing the last twenty games of the regular season, he kills us in the Finals. Would've preferred he stayed in New Orleans but that ship sailed when they signed Randle. GS could be terrifying in the playoffs next year. But I'd still like to play them.

steve3344

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by dboss on Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:31 am

steve3344 wrote:
dboss wrote:Celts were in the mix

https://247sports.com/nba/boston-celtics/Article/Report-DeMarcus-Cousins-picked-Warriors-over-Celtics--119540457

Who else out there is glad he choose the Warriors over the Celtics?

I sure am

Let's see if you still feel that way when, after playing the last twenty games of the regular season, he kills us in the Finals. Would've preferred he stayed in New Orleans but that ship sailed when they signed Randle. GS could be terrifying in the playoffs next year. But I'd still like to play them.

GSW are terrifying without Cousins. Do not see him killing us. For all we know he may slow them down, suck away usage opprtunity or complain about not getting enough touches. For all we know his injury will slow him down further, reduce his jumping ability, rebounding, etc. I just have little concern about him joining GS.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 8583
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by steve3344 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:52 am

dboss wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
dboss wrote:Celts were in the mix

https://247sports.com/nba/boston-celtics/Article/Report-DeMarcus-Cousins-picked-Warriors-over-Celtics--119540457

Who else out there is glad he choose the Warriors over the Celtics?

I sure am

Let's see if you still feel that way when, after playing the last twenty games of the regular season, he kills us in the Finals. Would've preferred he stayed in New Orleans but that ship sailed when they signed Randle. GS could be terrifying in the playoffs next year. But I'd still like to play them.

GSW are terrifying without Cousins.  Do not see him killing us.  For all we know he may slow them down, suck away usage opprtunity or complain about not getting enough touches.  For all we know his injury will slow him down further, reduce his jumping ability, rebounding, etc.  I just have little concern about him joining GS.  

"I just have little concern about him joining GS."

I'm guessing you might be in the minority. He could be completely healthy by the playoffs.

steve3344

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by mrkleen09 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:59 pm

dboss wrote:

GSW are terrifying without Cousins.  Do not see him killing us.  For all we know he may slow them down, suck away usage opprtunity or complain about not getting enough touches.  For all we know his injury will slow him down further, reduce his jumping ability, rebounding, etc.  I just have little concern about him joining GS.  

I agree 100%. Easily as much downside as upside to how he fits in.
avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3150
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by gyso on Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:21 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
dboss wrote:

GSW are terrifying without Cousins.  Do not see him killing us.  For all we know he may slow them down, suck away usage opprtunity or complain about not getting enough touches.  For all we know his injury will slow him down further, reduce his jumping ability, rebounding, etc.  I just have little concern about him joining GS.  

I agree 100%.  Easily as much downside as upside to how he fits in.

We'll have to wait and see. It is historically a tough injury to recover from. There's no reason to go all chicken little with the sky is falling because of the Cousin's signing. Even if he does come back, he will change the team dynamic. It may go over like a lead zeppelin.

_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 12757
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:52 am

Saw this on an NBA board, so not sure it is 100% accurate - but I believe the tone and idea behind the stats are accurate and very pertinent to Boogie.

----------
I've searched throughout NBA history to try and find other High Level Bigmen who've gone through and suffered Achilles Ruptures/Tears.

The Players: Christian Laettner, Mehmet Okur, Elton Brand, and Bob Rule.

Keep in mind, these Achilles injuries happened throughout different eras of Basketball, so this doesn't take into account the different types of treatment they could've possibly had.

Christian Laettner Pre-Achilles (92-93 to 97-98): 16.6 PPG, 8 RPG, 3 APG, 1 SPG, 1 BPG
Christian Laettner Post-Achilles (98-99 to 04-05): 8.5 PPG, 5 RPG, 2 APG, 1 SPG, .5 BPG

His injury happened at the age of 28, which means that some of this may be chalked up to age, but the Tear most certainly took a lot out of him.

Mehmet Okur Pre-Achilles (02-03 to 09-10): 13.9 PPG, 7 RPG, 1 APG. .5 SPG, .7 BPG
Mehmet Okur Post-Achilles (10-11 to 11-12): 6.5 PPG, 4 RPG, 1.5 APG, .4 SPG, .3 BPG
His injury happened at 30, but it turned a good player into someone who was out of the league in two seasons.

Elton Brand Pre-Achilles (2000 to 2008): 20.3 PPG, 10 RPG, 3 APG, 1 SPG, 2 BPG
Elton Brand Post-Achilles (2009 to 2016): 9.9 PPG, 6 RPG, 1 APG, 1 SPG, 1 BPG
Happened at Age 28, which means age possibly played a part in his decline.

Bob Rule Pre-Achilles (1968 to 1971): 22.3 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 1.6 APG (Blocks and Steals not listed)
Bob Rule Post-Achilles (1972 to 1975): 9.5 PPG, 5 RPG, 1 APG, .4 SPG, .4 BPG
Injury happened at the age of 26. So far, the largest decline seen. In the first four games of the 71 season (Tore his achilles in Game 4), he averaged 30 PPG and 11 RPG, while he most likely wouldn't have been able to keep that up, it shows he was most certainly a high level player and one of the most unknown NBA what-ifs (I had no idea who he was until researching this)

Big men dont do well returning for this injury.
avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3150
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:53 am

Hey kleen great post, that was a lot of work, I never even thought of all that, and you did and gave us great stats. No question there’s no guarantee that any player comes back from a tear like this, a lot of football players never come back.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13942
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:14 am

dboss wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
dboss wrote:Read a lot of points of views here.  Some I agree with and some I don't.

Any player that has experienced a serious injury requiring long term rehabilitation, should not expect any team to bust into their savings.  In typical fashion, the volatile and immature Cousins, storms out and accepts the tax player version of the MLE.  

NOLA will shed no tears.  This of course following a cheapskate offer to Rondo who more than exceeded a small salary.  There are reasons why so many teams just plan suck.  One is because their bottom line expectation conflicts with the expenditures to field a championship team.  The other is that you have bad decision makers.

On GSW's part, they made a meager investment for their amusement.  Gee! I wonder how this will work? Five Allstars is a first.  Conflict will have to wait until Cousins returns and it certainly appears he will not be ready this year.  How he fits in seems far removed. So there is no worry about how to get Cousins 18 FGA's

NOLA is still trying to build a team around AD but they just do not know how to do it.  


None of this should be such a concern for Celtics fans to let alittle stank into the conversation.  When we get to the championship series we will play whomever is left.

"Five Allstars is a first."

Seems it's not. Was reported the Celtics had five all-stars from the previous year on their 1976 team.


Celtics with Cowens, White, Havlicek, Silas and Charlie Scott ( was allstar previous year with the Suns)


I remember that team and year. Silas was so good during that time that they had to put a rebounder tough guy role player, him on the all star team. Cowens was at his peak, as the best defensive player in basketball according to SI, they described his style as fast contact/collisions at high speeds and airborne with intense pace. After Jabber, he was 2nd or 3rd best center with Bob Lanier also in the conversation, those guys were the top centers in those 70’s as well as Willis Reed, Wes Unseld and Elvin Hayes, who played together and were a great rival PF-C big combination that went against Cowens and Silas that year in ECF.

Then White was top guard in East with the great Walt Frazier, who could do it all, great defender and clutch shooter and scorer. JoJo was MVP of Finals in 76 and Frazier put on one of the greatest dominant performances in a game 7 vs Lakers and Jerry West in 70 with 36 points and 19 assists.

Not a bad era.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 13942
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum