Jimmy Butler Has Officially Turned Down His Extension And Will Hit The Market Next Summer

3 posters

Go down

Jimmy Butler Has Officially Turned Down His Extension And Will Hit The Market Next Summer Empty Jimmy Butler Has Officially Turned Down His Extension And Will Hit The Market Next Summer

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:34 am

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/jimmy-butler-has-officially-turned-down-his-extension-and-will-hit-the-market-next-summer/?_branch_match_id=513748417547689558

Jimmy Butler Has Officially Turned Down His Extension And Will Hit The Market Next Summer

Greenie

7/13/2018 1:15 PM

Obviously I’ve been covering this on the blog and if you’ve been paying attention to this whole Jimmy Butler/MIN fiasco this isn’t all that surprising news. It’s even less surprising that we get this decision just a few days after it was reported that MIN was reaching a max rookie extension with Karl-Anthony Towns. Earlier in the summer it was leaked that he hated Andrew Wiggins, and then a few weeks ago more leaks came out how he actually was unhappy with both young MIN franchise players due to their lack of work ethic. It makes sense that if he was so unhappy that he wouldn’t sign this extension and waste what could be his last real shot in his prime, instead choosing to hit the open market next summer and look at the entire landscape of the league before he makes his choice as to where to play. That’s where the whole teaming up with Kyrie rumors on the Knicks started, and it wouldn’t shock me that Butler took a look around the West and knows he needs to get the hell out if he wants to start making legit deep playoff runs.

Here’s the question now if you’re MIN. You could potentially lose this player for nothing next summer, do you trade him? You paid a pretty price to bring him in, so to let him walk for nothing would absolutely be tough to swallow. What makes that tricky is when he was healthy, the Wolves were a legit 4/5 seed in the West last year, which is why if he is moved, I can’t see it being before the AS break. The only problem is, the longer they wait, they less leverage they have for other teams. This exact situation is happening right now in SA. When other teams know the player you are trying to move is going to hit the market anyway, it’s hard to get a legit return via trade.

There are going to be a TON of teams with cap space next summer with a lot of the 2016 contracts coming off the books, so if Butler has another great year and stays healthy he will certainly have a long list of potential suitors. I feel for MIN fans because just when it finally looked like they were on the come up, here it is potentially all crashing down just 2 years later. To lose LaVine/Baby Dirk (or whoever they would have picked)/Butler in such a short timeframe is what sets franchises back decades. I mean look how long it’s taken them to come back from trading KG, so in that regard I feel for MIN fans, they are nice people.

Just when you thought the West couldn’t have any more interesting storylines next season, you can officially add Jimmy Butler/MIN to the list. How do they all handle playing together when Butler is clearly saying this team isn’t good enough to commit to? Does Thibs feel burned? It’s going to be fascinating to watch this all play out before what is another wild summer.

So take a good look Wolves fans and try and enjoy the good times because I see only more drama on the horizon

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Butler Has Officially Turned Down His Extension And Will Hit The Market Next Summer Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Has Officially Turned Down His Extension And Will Hit The Market Next Summer

Post by wideclyde Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:14 am

I am not really a Jimmy Butler fan, but he is a good player in the top basketball league in the world.

For my money he can play elsewhere if he wants, but I don't think that I want to see him in a Boston uniform as he seems to bring turmoil with him everywhere he goes.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Butler Has Officially Turned Down His Extension And Will Hit The Market Next Summer Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Has Officially Turned Down His Extension And Will Hit The Market Next Summer

Post by dboss Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:40 pm

wideclyde wrote:I am not really a Jimmy Butler fan, but he is a good player in the top basketball league in the world.

For my money he can play elsewhere if he wants, but I don't think that I want to see him in a Boston uniform as he seems to bring turmoil with him everywhere he goes.

If Boston wanted Butler they could have went after him last year. With our strength at the wing he does not fill a need.

He bitched in Chicago and he bitched in Minnesota. MN should trade him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down