I'm No Doctor But I Think Lonzo Ball Might Be Out A While

5 posters

Go down

I'm No Doctor But I Think Lonzo Ball Might Be Out A While Empty I'm No Doctor But I Think Lonzo Ball Might Be Out A While

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:39 am

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/im-no-doctor-but-i-think-lonzo-ball-might-be-out-a-while/?_branch_match_id=513748417547689558

I'm No Doctor But I Think Lonzo Ball Might Be Out A While

Greenie

7/13/2018 4:14 PM

Ruh roh. Listen we knew Lonzo had a knee issue because LaVar leaked it the second there became a chance that he would be traded this summer. Initial reports were he was going to be all good by training camp and while you never know when it comes to arthroscopic surgery, reports are saying that should still be the case

Little confusing here how the team can say an update will be provided after, yet someone is telling Sam Amick that training camp is still the plan. Sounds like wishful thinking to me. It’s no secret that NBA players and this type of surgery do not mix well. It’s robbed plenty of players of their athleticism and eventually cut their careers short, and while I’m not saying that’s in Lonzo’s future, you obviously prefer for your franchise PG to not have something like this done. You can also kiss goodbye any potential trade involving Lonzo, because its one thing to deal with an MCL sprain or a slight tear, that surgery isn’t that bad. But this seems like it’s something more which obviously makes things tough if you were hoping to I dunno, trade him for Damian Lillard.

Nothing like a Friday news dump though. If Lakers fans are a little sad about this news, it’s OK, you still have LeBron and the internet to help you get through the rehab. Here, allow me to help you

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

I'm No Doctor But I Think Lonzo Ball Might Be Out A While Empty Re: I'm No Doctor But I Think Lonzo Ball Might Be Out A While

Post by gyso Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:28 am

Like many of the modern media reports, this one comes with tweets embedded throughout the article.  The tweets don't always copy over in the "copy and paste" process, but the tweets are important and fill in the gaps in the reporting.

Basically, the tweets say that Ball is having arthroscopic surgery.

The funny thing is that the team is predicting that the surgery will be a success and Ball will be ready for training camp.

Back to top Go down

I'm No Doctor But I Think Lonzo Ball Might Be Out A While Empty Re: I'm No Doctor But I Think Lonzo Ball Might Be Out A While

Post by worcester Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:41 am

All surgeries are successful, even when the patients die. Have you ever heard a doctor report that a surgery was a failure?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:44 am

worcester wrote:All surgeries are successful, even when the patients die. Have you ever heard a doctor report that a surgery was a failure?

Are you saying that the surgery was a success because the check cleared? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:47 am

Yes, a successful wallet-ectomy.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:12 am

This is what happens when one "practices" medicine. As that great sage once said "Practice? Practice?? It is not about practice it is about doing, grasshopper. Practice not, DO!" I think it was Allen Yoda who said this. pirat
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:57 am

If this is a "standard" and "simple" cartilage surgery, this kid should be pretty much pain free and mobile by early September.

However, not all simple cartilage surgeries allow for a "normal" six to eight week return to the physical play required in the NBA. Hope that he can make a recovery and resume his career in good health.

My question about this situation is "What the heck was his father or the Lakers thinking" by not having this operation done in mid May when the regular season ended? He would likely be on the court again right now but perhaps still somewhat limited if the surgery was done in May.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:13 am

Wideclyde, I never understand athletes not getting needed surgery immediately after their seasons end.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down