2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Go down

2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by steve3344 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:32 am

And if that has us picking second in the 2019 draft I won't mind.

http://tv5.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/24292394/nba-golden-state-warriors-top-all-teams-under-625-2018-19-season

steve3344

Posts : 3889
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by kdp59 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:08 am

I would also note there that the Memphis pick (which if I recall right is top 8 protected) would fall at 9 or 10.

so picking 2, 9 and 30 is pretty nice!!

avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3843
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 59

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by Shamrock1000 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:31 pm

In the new lottery system, which I believe will be instituted summer of 2019, the three worst teams will each have a 14% chance at the number one pick. Also, in the new system, the worst and second worst teams can end up picking as low as 5 and 6. Supposedly there will be less incentive tank, and as Celtics fans, we have less reason to root for the 2nd worst record.

Shamrock1000

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2013-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by steve3344 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm

kdp59 wrote:I would also note there that the Memphis pick (which if I recall right is top 8 protected) would fall at 9 or 10.

so picking 2, 9 and 30 is pretty nice!!


Agree. According to this though, GS would be picking 30. Our own pick would be 29.

steve3344

Posts : 3889
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by kdp59 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:47 pm

steve3344 wrote:
kdp59 wrote:I would also note there that the Memphis pick (which if I recall right is top 8 protected) would fall at 9 or 10.

so picking 2, 9 and 30 is pretty nice!!


Agree. According to this though, GS would be picking 30. Our own pick would be 29.


yeah, but what pick do we get after we beat GS in the finals?

Very Happy
avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3843
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 59

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by wideclyde on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 am

With the Lakers far exceeding expectations last season it would be great if the Kings flop and the ping pong balls fall for the Cs to get a high lottery pick next June.

Looking at their schedule, I predict that the Kings will win fewer than 27 games even without tanking.

wideclyde

Posts : 1799
Join date : 2015-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by steve3344 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:39 am

Another view:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2789744-2018-19-nba-schedule-win-loss-predictions-for-every-team?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral#slide30

steve3344

Posts : 3889
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by bobheckler on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:47 am

steve3344 wrote:Another view:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2789744-2018-19-nba-schedule-win-loss-predictions-for-every-team?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral#slide30


Boston Celtics
2 OF 30

Brian Babineau/Getty Images


Projected Record: 57-25


The Celtics have powerhouse potential, at least the Eastern Conference version of it.

Last season, their defense was so dominant they had the sixth-best net rating despite finishing 18th in offensive efficiency. The latter figure could skyrocket in 2018-19. They should not only add healthy versions of Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward to the mix, but they'll also benefit from the extra seasoning afforded to 21-year-old Jaylen Brown and 20-year-old Jayson Tatum—their leaders in playoff points.

"The Celtics at full strength should be a sight to behold," FiveThirtyEight's Chris Herring wrote. "If the young players continue to mature alongside Kyrie, Hayward and Al Horford, they'll be a tough matchup for any opponent."

Boston's depth is incredible. This group finished one win shy of the NBA Finals with Irving and Hayward both on the shelf. Head coach Brad Stevens is a tactical mastermind. There is every reason to believe Boston continues trending up after last year's 55-win breakout.



Sacramento Kings
26 OF 30

Rich Pedroncelli/Associated Press


Projected Record: 25-57


The Sacramento Kings are searching for a centerpiece. Until they find one, the rest of their rebuilding efforts won't mean much.

Some might want to give that title to No. 2 pick Marvin Bagley III. To them, I'd advise digesting this Bagley description from The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor: "He's a modern tweener who has athletic center skills but an unreliable jump shot and the body of a forward." If that's the primary building block, the final structure will never stand on its own.

So, what about last summer's fifth overall selection, De'Aaron Fox? It's tough to give him that label when it's unclear if he can shoot. He was a 41.2 percent shooter as a rookie, hitting just 30.7 percent from distance and 35.4 percent of his jump shots.

Sacramento needs some kind of star. And a No. 1 scorer. And better defenders. This might be the West's only team without any chance of punching a playoff ticket.



bob
MY NOTE:  25 wins last year would have tied them with for 5th/6th place (Sun 21, Memphis 22, Dallas 24, Atlanta 24, Orlando 25).  Why do people think Dallas, Orlando and Atlanta will be better?  Phoenix might be better but they are SO young.

As far as we are concerned, the only reason why we don't hit 60 is because we get lazy and play down to our competition and lose games to teams we shouldn't lose.


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 38807
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by steve3344 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:47 pm

bobheckler wrote:
steve3344 wrote:Another view:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2789744-2018-19-nba-schedule-win-loss-predictions-for-every-team?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral#slide30


Boston Celtics
2 OF 30

Brian Babineau/Getty Images


Projected Record: 57-25


The Celtics have powerhouse potential, at least the Eastern Conference version of it.

Last season, their defense was so dominant they had the sixth-best net rating despite finishing 18th in offensive efficiency. The latter figure could skyrocket in 2018-19. They should not only add healthy versions of Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward to the mix, but they'll also benefit from the extra seasoning afforded to 21-year-old Jaylen Brown and 20-year-old Jayson Tatum—their leaders in playoff points.

"The Celtics at full strength should be a sight to behold," FiveThirtyEight's Chris Herring wrote. "If the young players continue to mature alongside Kyrie, Hayward and Al Horford, they'll be a tough matchup for any opponent."

Boston's depth is incredible. This group finished one win shy of the NBA Finals with Irving and Hayward both on the shelf. Head coach Brad Stevens is a tactical mastermind. There is every reason to believe Boston continues trending up after last year's 55-win breakout.



Sacramento Kings
26 OF 30

Rich Pedroncelli/Associated Press


Projected Record: 25-57


The Sacramento Kings are searching for a centerpiece. Until they find one, the rest of their rebuilding efforts won't mean much.

Some might want to give that title to No. 2 pick Marvin Bagley III. To them, I'd advise digesting this Bagley description from The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor: "He's a modern tweener who has athletic center skills but an unreliable jump shot and the body of a forward." If that's the primary building block, the final structure will never stand on its own.

So, what about last summer's fifth overall selection, De'Aaron Fox? It's tough to give him that label when it's unclear if he can shoot. He was a 41.2 percent shooter as a rookie, hitting just 30.7 percent from distance and 35.4 percent of his jump shots.

Sacramento needs some kind of star. And a No. 1 scorer. And better defenders. This might be the West's only team without any chance of punching a playoff ticket.



bob
MY NOTE:  25 wins last year would have tied them with for 5th/6th place (Sun 21, Memphis 22, Dallas 24, Atlanta 24, Orlando 25).  Why do people think Dallas, Orlando and Atlanta will be better?  Phoenix might be better but they are SO young.

As far as we are concerned, the only reason why we don't hit 60 is because we get lazy and play down to our competition and lose games to teams we shouldn't lose.


.

Dallas had a good offseason, adding DeAndre Jordan and drafting Doncic. And Dennis Smith, while good last year as a rookie, should be better this year. Knicks made a mistake taking Ntilikina over him.

steve3344

Posts : 3889
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by worcester on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:19 am

Knicks never miss a chance to miss a chance.
avatar
worcester

Posts : 5782
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by bobheckler on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:54 am

worcester wrote:Knicks never miss a chance to miss a chance.


Worcester,

It really is amazing, isn't it?  Small market teams have trouble attracting top level talent and, even if they draft a superstar, it is hard for them to retain them.  NY is one of, if not THE, biggest market places in the world and yet the Knicks have not been able to find their own butts with both hands since 1973.  It's easy to blame James Dolan but he has only been running this since 1999.  Still, that's 19 years of rank incompetence over many GMs and coaches.


bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 38807
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by worcester on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:12 am

Truly amazing. Almost statistically improbable.
avatar
worcester

Posts : 5782
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018-19 over-unders have Sacramento as second worst team in the NBA

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum