We planned a vacation at the right time

+2
dboss
gyso
6 posters

Go down

We planned a vacation at the right time Empty We planned a vacation at the right time

Post by gyso Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm

We are currently in Maine. We do have family near Myrtle Beach, in Charlotte and in Aiken, SC. They are all in the potential path of this storm.

Thanks, Rosalie, for your kind PM. We were going home after this weekend, but we may let it pass back out to sea before heading south.

Anyone else on this board that are in harm's way?

gyso

Back to top Go down

We planned a vacation at the right time Empty Re: We planned a vacation at the right time

Post by dboss Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:11 pm

Gyso we have family in Aiken and Charleston but the latest tracking in more North
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

We planned a vacation at the right time Empty Re: We planned a vacation at the right time

Post by dboss Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:16 pm

Myrtle beach and Wilmington is the path.  They said the storm has slowed as two eyes are now active.  After it forms one eye again it may intensify.

This is a huge storm.  Prayers got out to all the millions of people affected.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Actually a littler farther west and South mot North.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:27 pm

dboss wrote:Actually a littler farther west and South mot North.

The original path was a turn to the north, missing Charlotte, but now it is turning more to the west, as you say. Either way, there is a lot of water in a wide path heading inland.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:11 pm

gyso,

Good timing on that trip North. Glad to hear you're both away from the storm.

Thoughts and prayers to all in it's path. Board members or those just looking in, stay safe.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Glad to hear that you are safe and away from that mess.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation

Rosalie

Last edited by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:45 am

gyso,

You sure did! Glad you are not there. I have family in Charlotte and have been sharing what we learned from Irma last year.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:36 pm

This storm is likely to pass over the NE corner of GA. They are predicting a lot of rain and wind in the 35 mph range.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Dboss hope you will be ok, my wife and I are going to be canoeing in Canada in a few days, she's flying out if Atlanta and I'm already in Ohio heading to Minnesota in the morning.

Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Gyso, glad u are out of the hell that us about to befall the eastern coast.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 am

Matty wrote: Dboss hope you will be ok, my wife and I are going to be canoeing in Canada  in a few days, she's flying out if Atlanta  and I'm already in Ohio heading to Minnesota  in the morning.

Thanks Matty

We'll be fine. Enjoy your time in Canada.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Gyso....Home yet???  How are things down there?  It looked like a horror show. Hope all is okay with you and your family down there.
Keep us up to date and take care

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:31 pm

Rosalie,

We got home yesterday.  It's not too bad in Charlotte, compared to the coastal areas.  We never lost power at my house, some small dead branches on the lawn.  There is signs of water out back, but it is dry now.

We took Janie's parents down to South Carolina today.  We had to detour around some closed roads along the way, but they are home now.

The flood water is supposed to peak soon.  Record high levels, I guess.  The water is highly polluted, with hog, chicken and turkey farms all under water.  That and the overloaded sewerage treatment plants and coal ash ponds adding to the mix.

1.7 million dead chickens in the news and probably countless other farm animals lost to the flooding.  It is a mess, that is for sure.  This one was twice as bad as Matthew was two years ago.  Lumberton is mostly under water again, as are many stretches of I95 in that area.  It will be close to a month before things get even near to normal down there.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:39 am

Water is awful to deal with, such destruction. How people over come it is beyond me. Thank God you and Janie are safe and sound. Here is hoping this is the end of any hurricanes in that area this year.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down