Prediction time...

Go down

Prediction time...

Post by wideclyde on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Who do you think will be the Celtics most improved player this season?

I am going to put Jaylen Brown at the top of my list for the following reasons:

1. His offense is going to become star rated. He is going to cut down on his turnovers, add to his his assist numbers,
shoot better free throws and finish better at the rim.

2. He is going to rebound better by adding three boards per game to his average from last season.

These are all things that, in his third year, will make him an all star player by February and it could not happen to a better kid.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Re: Prediction time...

Post by dboss on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:50 am

I think Brown is as good a choice as any. Tatum may also fit into this although I think he will be most effected by having Hayward and may see fewer opportunities.

Brown on the other hand mans a position with the least amount of depth so I expect that he usage rate will be at or above the number from last year.

The player who is likely to see the biggest jump in productivity year over year is in fact Gordon Hayward. He avergae 2 PPG and 1 rebound last year.

Therefore my final answer is Gordon Hayward.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:57 am

dboss wrote:I think Brown is as good a choice as any.  Tatum may also fit into this although I think he will be most effected by having Hayward and may see fewer opportunities.

Brown on the other hand mans a position with the least amount of depth so I expect that he usage rate will be at or above the number from last year.

The player who is likely to see the biggest jump in productivity year over year is in fact Gordon Hayward.   He avergae 2 PPG and 1 rebound last year.

Therefore my final answer is Gordon Hayward.

I second the motion!! cheers

I'm going with Rozier for second biggest jump, especialy if he doesn't get a deal worked out with Danny before the end of the year. If he is going to be on the market, he could be lining himself up for a huge contract, much larger I think than Smarts. Rozier I think will be showcasing his goods to the league every minute he is on the floor.

Brown and Tatum tie for thirds..

Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Tatum. He added strength, studied his game, worked with Kobe. He is ready to take the next step.
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:53 pm

As we can see, there are several viable candidates for most improved player.

That is a great thing to have on this team.

dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 pm

So many choices, I guess I will go with Jaylen.  Dboss, you really went out on a limb with Hayward!!!! Very funny.  My wish is that by December/January he is back in a groove and makes people be really glad he is on this team. This is for a couple of reasons. First, I pray he comes back from that horrendous injury and regains his game. Second, I am a really Hayward fan and would love for him to be a real cog in the wheel on this team.

Jaylen, #1 though
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Clyde posited most improved player not most improved stats so that lets that one all star guy out. lol

I'm going with Daniel Theis. It took half a season for Brad to adjust to Theis' game. Unfortunately, just as that adjustment was really starting to play out, Theis got injured. He doesn't have the upside that the 2 J's have but what he produces with his minutes will be crucial to this team's success. Remember, if Daniel had played in the playoffs the Celtics definitely go to the Finals and win at least one. IMO, of course.
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Yabusele! (Because the better options have been taken). The game seemed to slow down for him in the preseason compared to last year, attacking the post in a controlled manner at the critical point in the game. He's now had a year working with Celts/Portland coaches. Unlike last year, he should be active most every game and see some real opportunity to contribute to this team. Perhaps he may even be able to carve out a real role with his size, energy, and improved consistent shooting. He could be the bench weapon for this team that we had hoped Monroe could be. But hopefully, Yabs can be an effective enough defensive player where Monroe wasn't.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down