Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by fierce on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:59 pm

It can be done if the Celts trade Rozier, Jaylen Brown, Morris, Ojeleye, and Yabu.

Rozier will most likely be lost to FA next summer.

Jaylen Brown sits on the bench in crunch time because the Celts have Hayward and Smart.

Morris will also want more money next summer.

Ojeleye and Yabu are fillers.

Celts are better off having 5 great players.

This is something to think about.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by cowens/oldschool on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:47 pm

Are you serious?
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 14294
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by Matty on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:22 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Are you serious?

Of course he isn't, could not possibly be.
avatar
Matty

Posts : 4263
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by fierce on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:15 am

The trade works.

Here:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7s2jfe6
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by fierce on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:30 am

The question is, is it an upgrade?

My answer is, definitely!

Take the case of the Raptors.
They were #1 in the east last year.
But they traded their best player, DeRozan, for Kawhi.

Why?

Because it's an upgrade.

Brad put Rozier with Kyrie, Tatum, Al, and Hayward in crunch time.
That means Smart, Jaylen, and Morris were on the bench.
Too many good players and not enough great players.

Just look at GSW.
They don't care about their bench.
Every year they have different bench players supporting their star players.
It's quality, not quantity.

There was this rumor about Kyrie and Butler wanting to team up in NY.
Why not in Boston?

As good as Jaylen Brown is, he's useless if he's on the bench in crunch time.

The NBA is about improving and getting better if the opportunity presents itself.
Just like the Warriors didn't hesitate to sign Cousins, who's really not a team player.
But the Warriors aren't concerned because they know it's an upgrade.

avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by kdp59 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:02 am

I've always been of Butler,a s some here know.

I wanted Butler here before, but not now (not because he's tired of Wiggins and KAT not playing defense either).

with Hayward and Tatum here now, he is not needed.

Rozier and Brown for Butler is way too much to send back also.
avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3808
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 59

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:37 am

This is not worth debating....
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 14294
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by fierce on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:38 am

kdp59 wrote:I've always been of Butler,a s some here know.

I wanted Butler here before, but not now (not because he's tired of Wiggins and KAT not playing defense either).

with Hayward and Tatum here now, he is not needed.

Rozier and Brown for Butler is way too much to send back also.

It's not too much because Rozier and Brown are not 1st tier star players.

Jimmy Butler is a proven 20-point scorer who's also excellent on defense.
That's why he's been an All-Star several times.

Sure Rozier and Brown are starters, but they're not All-Stars.

Right now Tatum is position-less.

Hayward is very versatile.

Having Butler is an upgrade.

The time to win is now.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by fierce on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:43 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:This is not worth debating....

A lot of Celtic fans also opposed my Kawhi trade to the Celts a few months ago.

Look at Kawhi now.

We can't be sentimental if winning championships is the goal.

Right now Celts have 3 proven star players in Kyrie, Hayward, and Horford.
Tatum will soon become the Celts' best player.
That's 4 star players.
If the Celts have 5 star players then that puts them on the same level as GSW.

Being just as good or slightly better than Toronto is not good enough.

GSW will beat the current Celts and Raps in the finals.

Celts need to upgrade.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by dboss on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:43 pm

fierce wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:This is not worth debating....

A lot of Celtic fans also opposed my Kawhi trade to the Celts a few months ago.

Look at Kawhi now.

We can't be sentimental if winning championships is the goal.

Right now Celts have 3 proven star players in Kyrie, Hayward, and Horford.
Tatum will soon become the Celts' best player.
That's 4 star players.
If the Celts have 5 star players then that puts them on the same level as GSW.

Being just as good or slightly better than Toronto is not good enough.

GSW will beat the current Celts and Raps in the finals.

Celts need to upgrade.

Fierce can we hold our fire for a few game. We have only played 2 games and you are already declaring that we need to upgrade. You have some magic crystal ball that can look into the future?

I really think you are over reacting.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 9195
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Sometimes I wonder what goes thru people's heads. This is foolish. The statement that GSW does not care about their bench is ridiculous. They have kept a core of players together on their bench for a few years, replacing 11-15 each year.

So, Stevens keeps Jaylen on the bench at crunch time last night, why? I have no idea. Maybe he wanted someone grabbing a few rebounds???

You can keep Jimmy Butler wherever he is, I do not want him. He is a player who wants to be "the man"
and that is not for this team. talk about screwing up chemistry.

Wyc said the other night, no one is getting traded. He loves his team and is willing to ride with them thru the year and see what happens. Let's stop throwing away what we have here after one loss. Patience my friends, we are a work in progress.

avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 18287
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by mrkleen09 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Here comes Fierce and his next dead horse mission.

This drum will now be beat in every post from now until Butler lands someplace other than Minnesota, and then he will move to the next pipe dream.

SSDD

avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3276
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by fierce on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:17 pm

dboss wrote:
fierce wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:This is not worth debating....

A lot of Celtic fans also opposed my Kawhi trade to the Celts a few months ago.

Look at Kawhi now.

We can't be sentimental if winning championships is the goal.

Right now Celts have 3 proven star players in Kyrie, Hayward, and Horford.
Tatum will soon become the Celts' best player.
That's 4 star players.
If the Celts have 5 star players then that puts them on the same level as GSW.

Being just as good or slightly better than Toronto is not good enough.

GSW will beat the current Celts and Raps in the finals.

Celts need to upgrade.

Fierce can we hold our fire for a few game.  We have only played 2 games and you are already declaring that we need to upgrade.  You have some magic crystal ball that can look into the future?

I really think you are over reacting.

Not overreacting, dboss.

Clearly the Celts have a surplus of good players.
But championships are won with great players.

Celts' best 4 are Kyrie, Tatum, Hayward, and Horford.

That means if Smart is the 5th then Morris, Jaylen, and Rozier are sitting on the bench.

This is not about how many games they play, it's about maximizing talent.

Also, we don't need a crystal ball to figure out that, in crunch time in the NBA Finals and it's GSW vs. Boston, only 5 players will be on the court.

So if it's Smart on the court with the 4 other starters then that means Jaylen, Morris, and Rozier are sitting.

If Jaylen, Morris, and Rozier will be traded for Butler then it will be Smart sitting and Butler will be part of the Celtic best 4.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by fierce on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:25 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Sometimes I wonder what goes thru people's heads.  This is foolish.  The statement that GSW does not care about their bench is ridiculous.  They have kept a core of players together on their bench for a few years, replacing 11-15 each year.  

So, Stevens keeps Jaylen on the bench at crunch time last night, why?  I have no idea.  Maybe he wanted someone grabbing a few rebounds???  

You can keep Jimmy Butler wherever he is, I do not want him. He is a player who wants to be "the man"
and that is not for this team. talk about screwing up chemistry.

Wyc said the other night, no one is getting traded. He loves his team and is willing to ride with them thru the year and see what happens. Let's stop throwing away what we have here after one loss.  Patience my friends, we are a work in progress.  


That's your opinion.

But DeMarcus Cousins is not really a team player and GSW is not afraid of screwing up team chemistry.

Ainge got the Celts to where they are right now because he's not afraid to take risks.

If you and most of the fans here were the GM of the Celts, Kyrie wouldn't be a Celtic because a lot of Celtic fans here didn't want to trade Isaiah Thomas and Tatum wouldn't be a Celtic because nobody here wanted to trade the #1 pick.

Danny Ainge is a risk taker.

Also, it's not just Jimmy Butler, a few months ago many here didn't also want Kawhi.
Look at Kawhi now.
It's just unfortunate Kawhi didn't want to be a Celtic because Ainge was ready to pull the trigger.

And no owner would ever say that someone's going to get traded.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by fierce on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:27 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Here comes Fierce and his next dead horse mission.

This drum will now be beat in every post from now until Butler lands someplace other than Minnesota, and then he will move to the next pipe dream.

SSDD


It wasn't a pipe dream.

Ainge was ready to pull the trigger.
But Kawhi didn't want to be a Celtic.

Look at Kawhi now.

If the Celts had Kawhi, Celts will be on the same level as GSW.

Right now the Celts are just a work in progress, according to Rosalie.

Work in progress is not good enough.

The goal is to win championships.

We should set the bar high.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:34 am

fierce you are beyond annoying and your thoughts on the team after 3 games are delusional, nobody here would do these delusional trades....this team will be fine, they are just learning how to play together. Jaylen is a stud and will get better and better, guarantee none of your trades will ever happen. Ainge is gonna give up on a stud in the making for Jimmy Butler, that is funny and pathetic. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 14294
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by dboss on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:41 pm

fierce wrote:
dboss wrote:
fierce wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:This is not worth debating....

A lot of Celtic fans also opposed my Kawhi trade to the Celts a few months ago.

Look at Kawhi now.

We can't be sentimental if winning championships is the goal.

Right now Celts have 3 proven star players in Kyrie, Hayward, and Horford.
Tatum will soon become the Celts' best player.
That's 4 star players.
If the Celts have 5 star players then that puts them on the same level as GSW.

Being just as good or slightly better than Toronto is not good enough.

GSW will beat the current Celts and Raps in the finals.

Celts need to upgrade.

Fierce can we hold our fire for a few game.  We have only played 2 games and you are already declaring that we need to upgrade.  You have some magic crystal ball that can look into the future?

I really think you are over reacting.

Not overreacting, dboss.

Clearly the Celts have a surplus of good players.
But championships are won with great players.

Celts' best 4 are Kyrie, Tatum, Hayward, and Horford.

That means if Smart is the 5th then Morris, Jaylen, and Rozier are sitting on the bench.

This is not about how many games they play, it's about maximizing talent.

Also, we don't need a crystal ball to figure out that, in crunch time in the NBA Finals and it's GSW vs. Boston, only 5 players will be on the court.

So if it's Smart on the court with the 4 other starters then that means Jaylen, Morris, and Rozier are sitting.

If Jaylen, Morris, and Rozier will be traded for Butler then it will be Smart sitting and Butler will be part of the Celtic best 4.

Your argument for making a trade for Jimmy Butler is terribly flawed on so many levels.

At the time of your posting the Celtics had played 2 games out of 82 yet you have figured out that Jaylen Brown will be sitting on the bench during crunch time.  This determination by you after the Celtics have played 96 minutes of basketball.  

You may want to consider that Brad Stevens will play different guys throughout the season.  There is absolutely no way for you to determine that Brown will be on the bench at the end of games.  That is an unsubstantiated argument.

You presume way too much.  Danny has no interest in Jimmy Butler.  Why would Danny trade assets for a guy that is nothing but a disruptive force on a team as he has shown in both Chicago and Minnesota.  In case you haven't heard Jimmy wants a $190 million contract.  Do you really  think the Celtics are looking to add a 4th max contract player.

You also stated that Butler is a Tier 1 allstar.  He is not.  He is not an elite level player.

You are talking about GSW and how Boston would not be able to win.  Again after 2 games into the season.  

The Celtics can start 5 players all of whom shot around 40% from deep.  GSW do not have that luxury.  You also discount the impact that a deep bench can have.  

If I were you I would give this team a chance to play together for a while before coming up with some half baked argument on getting Butler.  It is not going to happen.

At the very least make an argument for making a run at Anthony Davis.  The Celtics certainly do not need another wing.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 9195
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by Ktronic1 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:54 pm

fierce wrote:The question is, is it an upgrade?

My answer is, definitely!

Take the case of the Raptors.
They were #1 in the east last year.
But they traded their best player, DeRozan, for Kawhi.

Why?

Because it's an upgrade.

Brad put Rozier with Kyrie, Tatum, Al, and Hayward in crunch time.
That means Smart, Jaylen, and Morris were on the bench.
Too many good players and not enough great players.

Just look at GSW.
They don't care about their bench.
Every year they have different bench players supporting their star players.
It's quality, not quantity.

There was this rumor about Kyrie and Butler wanting to team up in NY.
Why not in Boston?

As good as Jaylen Brown is, he's useless if he's on the bench in crunch time.

The NBA is about improving and getting better if the opportunity presents itself.
Just like the Warriors didn't hesitate to sign Cousins, who's really not a team player.
But the Warriors aren't concerned because they know it's an upgrade.

I agreed with you on the premise on trading for Leonard. I’d still do it. But I don’t like Butler on this team. He’s a pain in the ass. Also, I can not get out of my head the fact that the Bulls were up 2-0 on us with Home court advantage being taken as well. Rondo goes down and the Bulls never won another game in that series. Tells me a lot about Rondo’s value but tells me more about Butler’s lack of.
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3808
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by Ktronic1 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:10 pm

This team like most teams can and should always look to upgrade. If the Celts could have landed Leonard for some of those players mentioned and/or in the near future a Davis or someone of that ilk, Im all for it.
Butler is one player that I would not move on.
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3808
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Yawn
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 14294
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by mrkleen09 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:25 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Yawn

100%

avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3276
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by Ktronic1 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:45 pm

LMAO! someone’s run out of toilet paper..LOL
avatar
Ktronic1

Posts : 3808
Join date : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Isn't this topic dead yet?????
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 18287
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:04 pm

All I know, 2 words....AIN’T HAPPENING
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 14294
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by k_j_88 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:21 pm

No. Just no.



KJ
avatar
k_j_88

Posts : 4603
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Celts Should Explore A Jimmy Butler Trade

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum