dboss
NYCelt
gyso
bobheckler
cowens/oldschool
fierce
11 posters

Go down

Rondo Throws A Punch, Paul Throws A Punch, And Ingram Throws A Punch Empty Rondo Throws A Punch, Paul Throws A Punch, And Ingram Throws A Punch

Post by fierce Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:05 am

The losers fight!

HAHAHA

So pathetic!
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Rondo Throws A Punch, Paul Throws A Punch, And Ingram Throws A Punch Empty Re: Rondo Throws A Punch, Paul Throws A Punch, And Ingram Throws A Punch

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:39 am

Your latest posts have been more pathetic

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Rondo Throws A Punch, Paul Throws A Punch, And Ingram Throws A Punch Empty Re: Rondo Throws A Punch, Paul Throws A Punch, And Ingram Throws A Punch

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:54 am

Brandan Ingram running in from mid-court to throw sucker  punches.  This is after he got T-d up for shoving Harden after his poor position defense practically guaranteed a whistle.  CP3 started it by putting his finger into Rondo's face.  Likely suspension.  Rondo threw a closed fist left that connected with Paul's face.  Guaranteed suspension.  Ingram being the 3rd man in throwing punches and coming all the way from halfcourt to do it?  Biggest suspension of all.  Stupid move, kid.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Almost makes one sorry for LeBron.

Almost. Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:56 am

On the plus side you didn't have to pay Pay-Per-View prices for this match.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:10 am

I watched this game while dozing in and out of consciousness.

Rondo and Chris Paul have been rivals for a long time and they do not like each other. I thought Ingram started things when he pushed harden but Paul was pointing all up in Rondo's face so I can appreciate his reaction.

In the end Houston wins the game and league suspensions are coming.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:05 pm

This is stuff that LeBron James needs to get eliminated from his new team as such things, provoked or not, will only hurt his team gather more good players next summer.

Of course, being a Cs fan for nearly 60 years it is tough to really care about the Lakers.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Wasn't there a time when a little scuffle with the opponent was considered good for team morale ?

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:22 pm

I hope the league office shows Ingram a video of Kermit Washington punching Rudy T.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Rondo , Ingram and Paul have been suspended

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25047465/multiple-suspensions-lakers-rockets-scuffle

Ingram 4 games
Rondo 3 games
Paul 2 games

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:53 pm

dboss wrote:Rondo , Ingram and Paul have been suspended

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25047465/multiple-suspensions-lakers-rockets-scuffle

Ingram 4 games
Rondo 3 games
Paul 2 games

Ingram got lucky, very lucky. He ran in from halfcourt to throw a sucker punch.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:45 am

Somewhere I read this is/was the kind of atmosphere the LAL top brass are looking to create in the short term with a Lance, Rondo personalities, etc., ala quasi-Bad Boys Detroit 90's. I believe it was on ESPN website a few weeks, maybe months back. Well, guess what?!! Mission Accomplished!

Lebron actually looked like the whole thing was childish and maybe wishing he had picked another bed to lay in. Rondo and Paul, like each other or not, should know better as long as they have been in the league. Rollback the 80's!! Here we come!! Clotheslines and all!!

It was really a pretty good game this early in the season. No defense of course and no team makes it to the Finals sans good all around defense. Rockets should have clobbered them but it appears HOU is not comfortable yet. Enjoy the time (and salary via fines) off, guys.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:51 am

The NBA got it wrong again.
Ingram was the one who started this.  Rondo vs Paul was a bye product.

Yet Paul is the one who gets the biggest fine.

2 games missed is over $800k.  Rondo will chip in at around $329k.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:57 am

Ingram is a punk, should have gotten a lot more games.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:02 am

Ingram $280,835
Rondo. $329,268
Paul. $869,613
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:04 am

Hey dboss,

So they are suspended without pay for these infractions? That's big. Is it a fine plus that as well or just the pay docked? What does the league do with those monies? Charity I hope! Definitely pays to keep you mouth shut and run from the fracas!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:16 am

The NBA is saying that Rondo spit at Paul, which is how the fight started...but unless that happened earlier, I dont see it. If two people are yelling at each other - sometimes spit comes out of your mouth. That in no way is the same as spitting on someone.

To me, Chris Paul started the whole thing with his dismissive, finger in the face of Rondo. I think that fits my feelings about Paul - the he thinks his shit dont stink. And in the case of Rondo, an NBA champion with a chip on his shoulder , that holier than thou attitude doesnt sit well.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:44 am

mrkleen09 wrote:The NBA is saying that Rondo spit at Paul, which is how the fight started...but unless that happened earlier, I dont see it.  If two people are yelling at each other - sometimes spit comes out of your mouth.  That in no way is the same as spitting on someone.  

To me, Chris Paul started the whole thing with his dismissive, finger in the face of Rondo.  I think that fits my feelings about Paul - the he thinks his shit dont stink.  And in the case of Rondo, an NBA champion with a chip on his shoulder , that holier than thou attitude doesnt sit well.  

Rondo denies he intentionally spit on Paul.  Something came out of his mouth (spit) and it hit Paul in the face.  The video shows that but it does not look like an intentional spitting action.

I think the finger was the result of the spit.  

I think the NBA got it wrong.  Ingram should have been hit with the tougher penalty $$$$$

Marcus Smart would have knocked all of them out, lol
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:17 pm

In a sport that features considerable hard contact it's not totally surprising to see tempers flare on occassion. Add in the art of trash talking and you can have a series of events that can provoke a negative response. Fortunately the league has put in place penalties that for the most part have successively curtailed the outbreak of fighting. I'm betting that management will now be preaching the value of "taking one for the team".

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Was looking at penalties for the Indy brawle.

Around 11 million in salaries were given up.

Not that I like Chis Paul but I still think the fine was too much.

The NBA should implement the Hockey penalty box rule when a player crosses the line. One minute for shoving plus a fine.  5 minutes for cussing at the refs.  3 minutes for general bad behavior.  Opposing team gets to play 5 on 4 lol.

10 games automatic suspension for fighting.  Plus a $250k fine.  A melt down Artest level infraction suspension for 1 year and loss os salary.

Spitting. $5,000 fine and 5 minute penalty.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:30 pm

dboss wrote:Was looking at penalties for the Indy brawle.

Around 11 million in salaries were given up.

Not that I like Chis Paul but I still think the fine was too much.

The NBA should implement the Hockey penalty box rule when a player crosses the line.  One minute for shoving plus a fine.  5 minutes for cussing at the refs.  3 minutes for general bad behavior.  Opposing team gets to play 5 on 4 lol.

10 games automatic suspension for fighting.  Plus a $250k fine.  A melt down Artest level infraction suspension for 1 year and loss os salary.

Spitting. $5,000 fine and 5 minute penalty.

Disagree. Hockey players make WAY LESS than NBA players, poor comparison.

If Paul wants to fight - he puts more at risk. Such is the life of a millionaire superstar. I have zero concern for his loss of revenue.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Kleen I was not being serious. Just trying to have some fun about the hockey references.

With respect to the fines, etc. They are not coming out of our pocket so on that level I am in agreement.

But that was not the point I was trying to make. It was about fairness. Maybe if Boston was involved it would hit closer to home.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:37 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Your latest posts have been more pathetic

If you don't like my Jimmy Butler trade proposal, let's revisit the issue in June 2019.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down