sinus007
dboss
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread vs NY Knicks - Away Empty Post Game Thread vs NY Knicks - Away

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:22 am

http://kwese.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401070711

Second game in a row Jayson Tatum has been THE MAN.
Second game in a row Kyrie Irving shot poorly.
Who's the established All-Star and Finals MVP and who's the young'un?  Tatum is WELL on his way.  His move @ about 3:45 of this highlight film had Clyde Frazier stunned and his turn-left fallaway @ 9:10 of the video was ice-blooded.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread vs NY Knicks - Away Empty Re: Post Game Thread vs NY Knicks - Away

Post by dboss Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:03 am

This is not the second game in a row Kyrie shot Poorly.  He went 10-20 against Toronto.  That's 50% on FGA.  His 3 point shooting has been horrid (2-14) through 3 games.

Jason Tatum is not satisfied with being the 2nd or 3rd option on this team.  

He aspires to something more.  He wants to be our ultimate go to guy.  Our # 1 option.  He had a tremendous game last night scoring 24 points and grabbing 14 rebounds.  He can become a complete offensive weapon when he gets his teammates more shots.  Last night he had zero assists.

About the game, the Celtics blew them out in the first QTR and forgot that you have to play for 48 minutes.  This game turned into a dog fight.  Too much one on one, too many turnovers and a snail's pace (82 FGA)  The Celtics won because talent matters.

Baynes pull his hammy so the rotations were changed.

Last edited by dboss on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread vs NY Knicks - Away Empty Re: Post Game Thread vs NY Knicks - Away

Post by sinus007 Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:37 am

Hi,
The only positive from this game for us is it's a W.
I'm still waiting for ALL team cylinders to start firing...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:11 pm

It’s coming

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:18 pm

One comment early on - this team is almost too talented, and need to come around to the idea that there is only one ball. It may well also prove out that there are too many scorers and not enough players willing to do the dirty work on this roster.

No one seems to want to rebound. No one absent Smart wants to get their nose dirty on loose balls. And when Rozier and Morris come in, they are intent on getting shots up.

I think Jaylen needs to get more aggressive OR he needs to become the 6th or 7th man for a while. Maybe starting Kyrie and Rozier for a few games would help Jaylen with his confidence, as he can come in with the second unit and be the primary scoring option.

Overall, it is way way too early to worry about anything other than things like a prolonged Aron Baynes injury. Hoping he is fine.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:17 am

I watched this game on Sunday afternoon I had recorded. I watched with the volume off as my wife was on the computer nearby. It actually forced me to be more engaged as I wasn't relying on the color commentators. I did observe these things with the sound off, some very obvious...

1) Jayson Tatum is something special. Ridiculously special. I don't know how DA read the tea leaves on him and made the draft switch. Lonzo Ball is a great #1 pick but Jayson Tatum was a complete and total steal. A true blessing. He can do it all and he wants it all.
2) We're getting lots of OR's. More than the 3:1 DR:OR showing on the stat sheets so it seems. Perhaps they are more opportune and we are capitalizing. With good shooting percentages by the team, this number appears bigger than it is.
3) Kyrie is fine. Not sweating anything. Threes will start to drop. He's still fun to watch. Like a D. Rose snapping opponents ankles. If we ever need 30+ from him and/or Tatum, he's good for it. IF we ever need a basket at any time, he's good for it.
4) Morris is solid. Like seeing him drop in those 3-pointers! No one is guarding him out there.
5) Smart is a unique talent. Plays like a Celtic. Sacrificing his body no matter what. Would be real hard to let him go in a trade. Highly intangible contributor.
6) Brown is either all on or all off it seems here at the start. Perhaps why he's watching the final 6 minutes of these games from the bench. Still needs a little more time in the weight room!
7) Looking forward to Hayward getting back up to full steam. Has that Kevin Garrett spot on the floor a little closer in from the sides of the key that he hits evidently no matter how long he's been out. His game is very smooth.

It's hard not to be jacked up about this team! Let's hope the injuries are kept to a minimum this season. Brad has lots of options.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:33 am

"No one seems to want to rebound."

What about Jayson?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 pm

worcester wrote:"No one seems to want to rebound."

What about Jayson?

Jayson has been rebounding well, so has Al.

Was referring more to the bench. Rozier had 1. Smart had 2. Morris had 6. Thats it.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down