This and that

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: This and that

Post by dboss on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kawhi Leonard both out Monday

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25118479/bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-concussion-protocol

We play the Bucks on Thursday. There is a good chance the freak will not play.

Also with Raptors and Bucks scheduled to play tonight one of the teams will get their first loss. Leonard is also out tonight.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Well, that sucks!! Still recording it, though!

db
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 am

I don't know if any of you watched the TOR v. MIL game last night. Very telling. To me, the hype was a wash as both Leonard and The Freak were out. However, I saw nothing that would scare me with these two teams, even if both had played. TOR 20% from Jackitupville! (Note to Coach...Tell them to STOP shooting!!) Jacking up 3's is what killed BOS last 7 minutes of their season in Game 7 of the playoffs vs. CLE. All 3's all the time NEVER works.

I'd be more afraid of the Bucks than TOR. They played a decent game across the board. It wasn't a mess like TOR became. Balanced scoring from starters, shared the ball, OK Assist/FGM (65%), healthy 3pt % @ 42%.

TOR laid an egg for sure. Here's the difference for us. Both teams lost their best scorer for 1 game. Without them, the game appeared disjointed to watch to say the least. Teams would be an 8th seed at best. BOS loses two of its big starting scorers (Averaging 40+ points in Kyrie and Hayward yet comes inches from the Finals.) These teams better hope they stay healthy....Guess what?! Ain't gonna happen.

db
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:46 pm

The Bucks visit the TD Gardens on Thursday. Now they have the big target on their backs. 7-0, riding high. The type of team ripe for the pickings. bring em on
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:27 pm

Big surprises thus far. Washington unable to win with Howard not playing and Houston looking like a lotto team. I guess we can also add OKC to the list. Things can change but all of these teams have some issues.

The Lakers and the Wizards are tied in points allowed at 122.4 these are shameful numbers.

dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:56 pm

Shameful numbers but the Lakers aren't losing by much. They are a couple of made baskets here and there from flipping their current record.

db
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:23 pm

DB

True, one more defensive stop or one more made basket would help but from what I see the Lakers just do not have a defensive footprint and they do not have enough good shooters on the court.  They can run and they put up a ton of shots and that is the main reason why they are putting up a lot of points but they are very inefficient offensive.  They got too many bad free throw shooters and not enough good three point shooters.  When your best 3 pt shooter and you best free throw shooter is Rajon Rondo you are living in an alternative universe.. lol  (small sample size but that is what the numbers show)  I think they will struggle to be in the top 8 out West.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:52 pm

Understood, dboss. I'm just going by the "Until I see a Lebron-less Finals, nothing has changed" theory! Lebron is not looking for a multi-year rebuild or build up here. He's taken the challenge upon himself to get this rag-tag team to the Finals and at the very least the WCF before Magic makes moves for next year. High water covers a lot of stumps. High Water meet LeBron.

db
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:52 pm

Horizon coming up looks like long away from home stent.

Home vs. MIL
@Indiana
@Denver
@Phoenix
@Utah
@Portland
Home vs. CHI

Not too shabby of a run. Only PHX & CHI sub .500. That will tell us a whole lot as well!

db
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:14 pm

LAL are not a championship level team out of the West with or without Lebron. I think this year is just a bridge year until Magic can add another star. I think Lebron knows that. Now maybe the team will improve as the season progresses.

I think if they make the playoffs it will be a great accomplishment.

dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:01 pm

When Lakers are running and gunning and hitting shots, they look good, have some good young pieces. They get exposed other end enough over 48 minutes. If they can get some semblence of defense, with all that young talent and Lebron, they should be a playoff team.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:44 pm

Just read Suns have declined picking up Dragen Benders extension....just cause your tall and can hit 3’s doesn’t mean you’ll be the next Dirk.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:43 pm

I was impressed with Shane Larkin for a little guy. He's apparently playing in Turkey.

Wow, it looks like someone sabotaged Sully's Wikipedia.

Jared Sullinger
Jared Sullinger is an American professional basketball player for the Shenzhen Leopards of the Chinese Basketball Association because he was a fat tub of lard who would put in no work for NBA teams. He played college basketball for Ohio State University before being drafted 21st overall by the Boston Celtics in the 2012 NBA draft.More at Wikipedia
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:00 am

Phil Pressey wrote:I was impressed with Shane Larkin for a little guy. He's apparently playing in Turkey.

Wow, it looks like someone sabotaged Sully's Wikipedia.

Jared Sullinger
Jared Sullinger is an American professional basketball player for the Shenzhen Leopards of the Chinese Basketball Association because he was a fat tub of lard who would put in no work for NBA teams. He played college basketball for Ohio State University before being drafted 21st overall by the Boston Celtics in the 2012 NBA draft.More at Wikipedia

Wow, fat tub of lard. That's cold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:05 pm

I had fun scouting Sully in China. I think he lost the weight but his problem is he's not more accurate with his shooting. Brandon Bass was automatic but couldn't rebound. Humphries wasn't too bad. It looks like he is retired at 33. I like updating these guys. Bass is apparently in China. Pressey is still in Europe. Poor RJ Hunter and James Young seem to still be struggling or not playing. The NBA is brutal. Why does a guy like Ojeleye seem to make it but all these other guys don't? Yabusele has been given a lifeline.

Jared Sullinger was a decent NBA player. It took him too much time to become dedicated. It came too easy to him his whole life and even a lot of it in the NBA all he had to do was show up.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-basketball/2018/08/95010/jared-sullinger-re-signs-with-shenzhen-leopards-of-chinese-basketball-association-per-report
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:00 am

Washington was booed off the court last night by their fans after losing to OKC 134-111. OKC has won 4 straight since losing to the Celtics.

Washington is 1-7. As you know they added Dwight Howard who replaced Gortat and they also added Austin Rivers and Jeff Green. There is zero chemistry on this team. They invested their money on 3 players and are pretty much stuck in the mud. I don't like them.

GSW were home against the T'Wolves and won going away 116-99. Minnesota actually played a good game and was leading through 3 QTRS 87-83 but Clay got hot, then Green made some plays and thing quickly turned into garbage time.

The game of most significance for Boston fans was the Pacers 2 point win on the road against the Bulls 107-105. I'm working up a pregame review and will post it sometime today
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Trade talk will be brewing in Washington, frankly I am surprised they did not blow it up in the summer. All that talent in the backcourt and they still keep loosing. Otto Porter, another talent. Sad state of affairs. Time will tell
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:41 pm

Rosalie

The team had chemistry issues last year and this year looks even worst.

I could definitely see some trades coming.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:11 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Trade talk will be brewing in Washington, frankly I am surprised they did not blow it up in the summer.  All that talent in the backcourt and they still keep loosing. Otto Porter, another talent.  Sad state of affairs. Time will tell
 Totally overpaid this guy, he has no game.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:46 am

Magic Johnson/Lakers made a great move acquiring Tyson Chandler. Adding a Perk like presence to do the dirty work is gonna make this team better....damn
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:24 pm

I tried to tell everyone, oldschool! If Lebron and LAL don't make the playoffs this year, he'll sever his own leg. If he doesn't make the finals, he will be contemplative and looking forward to next year, but he will consider this season a complete waste of his time.

db
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Hey Guys and Gal,

Celtics should win tonight vs. PHX. MIL will lose tonight vs. GSW at home. Then, we'll be one game back from 2nd place! Not too bad for a team where everyone (not on here of course!) thinks the sky is falling!

db
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:40 am

Vucevic and Bamba killing whatever is left of Dwight Howard, guess he’s not a step up from Gortat, why do teams keep on signing this guy?
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Today at 3:02 pm

Green and Durant with a little dust up

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25267616/golden-state-warriors-players-confront-draymond-green-decision-making

I am sure the media will make more out of this than needed.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Today at 6:37 pm

dboss wrote:Green and Durant with a little dust up

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25267616/golden-state-warriors-players-confront-draymond-green-decision-making

I am sure the media will make more out of this than needed.

Green being sat down for a game. A short, clear message being sent by Steve Kerr.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum