This and that

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

This and that - Page 12 Empty Re: This and that

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:57 am

tardust wrote:The Joker from Denver is nearly halfway to the all time lead on centers with 10 plus assists.  Trailing only Wilt. I think the Joker is 24 years old.

tardust,

Rank......Player...............................career assists
42.........Kareem Abdul Jabbar..........5660
49.........Kevin Garnett....................5445
77.........Wilt Chamberlain...............4643
102.......Tim Duncan......................4225
113.......Bill Russell........................4100
118.......Alvan Adams.....................4012
126.......Pau Gasol.........................3909
158.......Vlade Divac......................3541
165.......Jack Sikma.......................3488
212.......Dolph Schayes..................3072
214.......Hakeem Olajuwon.............3058
216.......Artis Gilmore....................3050
217.......Shaquille O'Neal...............3026
221.......Bob Lanier........................3007
237.......Dave Cowens...................2910
240.......Dan Issel.........................2907

???.......Nikola Jokic......................1358

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ast_career.html

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:33 pm

It was 10 or more assists in a game, not total assists. I think they said wilt had about 75 and Jokic has 34 I believe.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:49 pm

I didn't realize Otto Porter was coming off the Washington bench. When did that start?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 pm

GSW beat Wiz.  No surprise there.  Curry with 38 on 14-24 shooting.  What is truly terrifying about this is that he was 2-8 from 3.  That means he was unstoppable from inside the arc.

You know he can kill you from deep but he can score at will from in close too? How do you defend that?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:40 pm

bobheckler wrote:I didn't realize Otto Porter was coming off the Washington bench.  When did that start?

bob

is this really news worth discussing? Let’s discuss Ryan Anderson, Chandler Parsons, Dwight Howard, etc
cowens/oldschool
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:50 pm

bobheckler wrote:GSW beat Wiz.  No surprise there.  Curry with 38 on 14-24 shooting.  What is truly terrifying about this is that he was 2-8 from 3.  That means he was unstoppable from inside the arc.

You know he can kill you from deep but he can score at will from in close too?  How do you defend that?

bob

That’s why you need great fast perimeter defenders against GS which we do....the way they spread the floor, so many open lanes, can’t wait for Saturday. I would start Jaylen over Morris to get another athletic speedy wing defender more minutes, it’s about the match ups. Morris good for certain situations, against GS he’s too slow and not like he’s a rim protector either. We need a bunch of hyper guys to press on them and get right into them and chase them down....we can do this!!!!
cowens/oldschool
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:02 am

Good personnel plan Cow...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:53 pm

Luka taking over again, scoring or assisting on every single basket down stretch, and he’s bringing ball up the court....some incredible passes and shotmaking.
cowens/oldschool
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:07 pm

He sees the court as well as Bird or Walton.
bobc33
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:50 pm

He actually had a couple great passes and guys blew wide open looks, he was hitting so many crafty contested shots, scores all 3 levels, he’s got to at least be an all star this year....
cowens/oldschool
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:45 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-lebron-james-camp-wants-lakers-move-luke-walton-062854328.html

Report: LeBron James' camp wants Lakers to move on from Luke Walton

Yahoo Sports  Jack Baer,Yahoo Sports 10 hours ago

This and that - Page 12 879ccf8c0ed0aab386928c325490aa78
Luke Walton wouldn’t be the first coach on rocky territory with LeBron James. (AP Photo/Nell Redmond)

LeBron James seems to have welcomed Kyrie Irving back into his good graces, but the same probably can’t be said about Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton right now.

In the latest report questioning Walton’s job security during a rocky season that has the Lakers currently out of the playoff picture at 25-24, ESPN’s Jackie MacMullan said on the Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective podcast that James’ camp has not been subtle about their desire for a coaching change in Los Angeles.

A transcript of the exchange, per Silver Screen & Roll:

MacMullan: “There’s a lot of tension in that building. A lot of tension in that building, and I think people are wondering about Luke Walton even though Jeanie Buss came out very strongly and said ‘I want Luke to be here, I back him 100 percent,’ but then also made the point that has to be made, and that’s that she hired Earvin Magic Johnson to make these decisions, and if Earvin feels differently she gave him the power to make those kinds of decisions. It’s clear to me, and probably to you Brian, that LeBron’s camp would prefer a coaching change. They’re not too subtle about that.” Windhorst: “LeBron publicly hasn’t talked publicly in a month.” MacMullan: “Not LeBron, but all the people around LeBron, and they’ve made it known. I don’t think this a shock, is it? For me to say this?” Windhorst “That’s a fair thing to say. That’s a fair thing to say.”

This isn’t exactly a shocking development given that reports have indicated all season that Walton might be skating on thin ice, burdened by the expectations of a team featuring LeBron James. The Lakers superstar was reportedly ignoring Walton’s playcalls earlier in the season, something the Lakers denied, and team president of basketball operations Magic Johnson hasn’t been very warm toward the coach either.

Walton’s staunchest ally has reportedly been Lakers controlling owner Jeanie Buss, a very good ally to have, but surviving on that friendship alone against the wishes of both your team’s best player and front office doesn’t sound like a tenable position.

Walton joined the Lakers in 2016 and has mostly held his own as the team rebuilt itself around younger players while trying to attract James. He’s gone from a 26-56 record in his rookie season as a head coach, to 35-47 the season after, to 25-24 right now this year. The upward trend under Walton is clear, especially when you consider the team had the fourth-best record in the Western Conference at 20-14 when James went down with a groin injury.

It’s hard to blame Walton for his team’s recent slide because of James’ injury, but, fair or not, it’s likely Walton needed to drastically exceed expectations this year just to keep his job. Maybe James or Johnson already have a replacement in mind, but coaching a team while developing a stable of young player, trying to attract veteran superstars and navigating the perpetually turbulent politics of a team featuring LeBron James might be a less attractive job than some believe.

bob
MY NOTE: Remember when Rondo had a rep for being a "coach-killer" even though he never got a single coach he ever had fired? LeBron is the ultimate coach-killer.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:03 pm

The Lakers have dropped 10 of their last 15 games since Lebron went out.

The Lakers have yet to prove they are a good team without Lebron. That may be a coaching issue. It may be related to talent on the roster. It is hard to say. I think the most obvious example of James choosing a coach was the David Blatt firing. He of course was hired before Lebron made his decision to return to Cleveland.

His first run in Cleveland 2003-2009 Coaches included Keith Smart, Paul Silas and Brenden Malone. In 2006 Mike Brown took over and remained in place after Lebron departed before he was terminated in 2014. Erik Spoelstra was in Miami before Lebron arrived.

Lebron James has been to 8 straight NBA Finals. His influence on who gets to coach him is a matter of record.

LAL are in danger of missing the playoffs. That will not sit well with king James. Going 5-10 without Lebron may puts the heat on Walton.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:49 pm

dboss wrote:The Lakers have dropped 10 of their last 15 games since Lebron went out.  

The Lakers have yet to prove they are a good team without Lebron.  That may be a coaching issue.  It may be related to talent on the roster.  It is hard to say.  I think the most obvious example of James choosing a coach was the David Blatt firing.  He of course was hired before Lebron made his decision to return to Cleveland.

His first run in Cleveland 2003-2009 Coaches included Keith Smart, Paul Silas and Brenden Malone.  In 2006 Mike Brown took over and remained in place after Lebron departed before he was terminated in 2014.  Erik Spoelstra was in Miami before Lebron arrived.

Lebron James has been to 8 straight NBA Finals.  His influence on who gets to coach him is a matter of record.  

LAL are in danger of missing the playoffs.  That will not sit well with king James.  Going 5-10 without Lebron may puts the heat on Walton.    

dboss,

LAL will not miss the playoffs unless LeBron suffers a season-ending injury, which the groin pull is not.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:11 pm

Luca is having monster game against Raptors with nearly a quarter to go. He is 1-7 from 3 point line but is 9-10 on twos for 27 points, 12 rebounds, 8 assists and 1 monster dunk.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:13 pm

damn that boy is good.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:13 pm

30 12 and 9 now
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:24 pm

Luca first teenager with 2 triple doubles. Got the feeling there are going to be a lot more.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:42 pm

Jared Weiss
Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 1 hour ago
Rookies with a 35-point triple-double in NBA history, per @Basketball-Reference: Elgin Baylor Oscar Robertson (9x) Jerry West Michael Jordan Jason Kidd Steph Curry Luka Doncic

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:57 pm

Good list. Luka was the only teenager with 2. Half season to go I would guess he would get more. Not sure when his birthday is and someone else can look it up. I don't see anyone on that list that was a teenager. I would guess Lebron was the other teenager.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:55 am

And he did that going at the best defensive wing force, Kawhi throughout the game. The thing that’s been shocking is how fast he can get to the rim and finish with ease....his step back 3’s are pretty incredible too.
cowens/oldschool
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:21 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:And he did that going at the best defensive wing force, Kawhi throughout the game. The thing that’s been shocking is how fast he can get to the rim and finish with ease....his step back 3’s are pretty incredible too.

To put up those numbers in a meaningful, contested game against Kawhi is simply ................... sorry I’ve run of superlatives! (And the kid is all of 19)
bobc33
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 am

Can we trade GH for him? Would the salaries match?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:08 am

bobc33 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:And he did that going at the best defensive wing force, Kawhi throughout the game. The thing that’s been shocking is how fast he can get to the rim and finish with ease....his step back 3’s are pretty incredible too.

To put up those numbers in a meaningful, contested game against Kawhi is simply ................... sorry I’ve run of superlatives! (And the kid is all of 19)

I know the 3 he hit with Kawhi draped all over him and he had to adjust the shot in later stage of 4th....amazing.

This kid is the only player I would put into a conversation as a rookie with Magic and Bird, yep he’s that damn good.
cowens/oldschool
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:10 pm

A little late, but better late than...

This kid is unreal.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:28 pm

Right bob, those finger rolls and hook shot right over Ibaka and Siakim were amazing!! I remember when Bird had his first 36 point game as a rook and you just knew he was only going to get better and then he surpassed that he got so good....Right now as we all know its a wing dominated league, if I was starting a team Doncic might be my first pick, and I’m basing that on how much better he can still get, scary....
cowens/oldschool
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum