Matty
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
20 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

This and that - Page 14 Empty Re: This and that

Post by worcester Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 am

No way do I want to lose Marcus in a trade for anyone.

AD is foolish if he wants to hook his horse to LeBron's wagon.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:37 am

He’s a legit 2 guard now and can play the point....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:24 am

worcester wrote:No way do I want to lose Marcus in a trade for anyone.

AD is foolish if he wants to hook his horse to LeBron's wagon.

LeBron just suffered the worst loss of his career last night, 42 points against the Pacers.  Imagine what the Lakers would look like if they gave up half their team for AD.

The Lakers are now 2 games in the loss column out of the #8 playoff spot.  28 games left, plenty of time but they need a winning streak.  I think LAC will fold and that will give LAL their opening, IF they start winning.

AD is under contract next year which means that unless the Lakers re-open negotiations with NOP and give them what they want (assuming they have what NOP wants in the first place) this debacle could continue on into next year too because LAL won't be able to offer a sweeter deal on 7/1 than they can offer today.

Maybe I'm being too harsh here.  I'm expecting a LeBron team to compete.  Period.  Maybe the better way to look at it is "look at how far the Lakers have come since last year".  They won 35 games last season.  They've already won 27 this year.  How many freaking wins can you count on from a single player in a team sport?  If they go .500 the rest of the season (they are 27-27 now) they will end up with 41 wins and, with the return of LeBron they are more likely to be >.500.  Isn't 10 more wins a reasonable expectation for the addition of LeBron?  The fact that it might not be enough to make the playoffs isn't the point, the point is that LeBron's addition is worth 10 wins, and that's pretty damn impactful.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:12 pm

So, then Philly goes out and gets Tobias Harris, who is having a terrific year.

Think Clippers are getting ready in off season for the big push for Leonard? My guess is yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:10 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:So, then Philly goes out and gets Tobias Harris, who is having a terrific year.

Think Clippers are getting ready in off season for the big push for Leonard?  My guess is yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosalie

It has been widely reported that they want Leonard but who will they have left on their roster?

Leonard would really have to want to be in LA. LAC would need to add a 2nd max player and build the roster around them which will take time. They are stock piling picks that may help.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:52 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pacers-fans-ruthless-brandon-ingram-131612629.html

Pacers fans' ruthless Brandon Ingram chant: "LeBron's gonna trade you"

Darren Hartwell,NBC Sports Boston
5 hours ago

Neither the Indiana Pacers nor their fans spared the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night.

As Lakers forward Brandon Ingram shot free throws early in the first quarter at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Pacers fans greeted him with an unmistakable chant.

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1092941826087108608
Rob Perez
✔️
@WorldWideWob
Brandon Ingram steps to line as “LeBron’s gonna trade you” chants rain upon him

4:23 PM - Feb 5, 2019

Here's another view from inside the arena:

https://twitter.com/jcampione87/status/1092942293580111872
Jeff Campion
@jcampione87
“LEBRON WILL TRADE YOU” #pacer fans to Ingram...did they lie tho?

4:25 PM - Feb 5, 2019

That's cold, man.

LeBron James isn't (technically) the general manager of the Lakers. But he has plenty of influence in L.A., which reportedly has been offering the 21-year-old in trade packages to the New Orleans Pelicans for Anthony Davis.

And even if the Lakers don't move Ingram in a deal for Davis ahead of Thursday's NBA trade deadline, they'll likely include him in offers this offseason as they try to outbid the Boston Celtics for Davis.

Oh, and guess where the Lakers play their next game? Boston on Thursday night, just hours after the 3 p.m. trade deadline.

For Celtics fans thinking of targeting Ingram, though, the Duke product insists he has thick skin.

Ryan Ward
✔️
@RyanWardLA
Brandon Ingram on fans chanting "LeBron is going to trade you": "Yeah, I heard it. I still made free throws. I've been through & heard worse; way worse things in my life. It is what it is." via @SpectrumSN #Lakers

7:44 PM - Feb 5, 2019

James hasn't been through worse with L.A., however. The Lakers lost to Indiana by a whopping 42 points, the worst defeat in LeBron's career.

bob
MY NOTE: If Anthony Davis SENIOR has a problem with Danny trading IT for Kyrie, I wonder what he thinks about LeBron blowing up the Cavaliers post-Kyrie trade and now trying to get half the Laker roster traded for his son?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:45 pm

The Sixers could very well be setup for the long term future. If they keep their 4 stars now they should be good for a while. If we gut our team for 1 player for 1 season you can forget about the next ten years for the Celtics. I just wish Kyrie would tell Danny if he is going to resign. If he is going to leave I would have looked into trading him.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:24 pm

I was watching ESPN and Rose said that there is strong speculation that Jimmy Butler will go free agency at the end of the year. Interesting. Harder and harder to build a team with all this money rolling all over the place and guys jumping from team to team.

How about John Wall? What an awful injury! This guy could miss two full seasons before (if) he comes back.
This is awful news for Washington. Now what? Two days ago they were talking about trading Beal, good thing they didn't (or maybe not)

Just getting uglier out there, money, the root of all evil!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Ho hum, Luka, ho hum, once again leads his team to a 4th quarter comeback victory over Portland.

They mentioned he is 11 for 16 this year shooting late in the game when he has a shot to tie or take the lead. I don’t care how many years he played as a Pro in Europe, that is whacked for a 19 year old in the NBA.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:03 pm

A generational talent. Red would have found a way to draft him when he was a 13 year old...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:32 pm

It’s amazing how much balance and touch he has on his drives, players like Tatum and Brown are more athletic, but he can finish so much better than both....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm

My issue with Tatum is that he gets a rebound, and for the most part, unless someone calls for the ball, he just goes straight down the court not looking at who may be in front of him and then commits an offensive foul. He has done this for two years. Has not learned that they are watching him for that. Then, he throws his arms up and ticks the ref off all the more. I am surprised he does not have more techs.

I am not picking on him, it is just something he is going to have to learn to stop doing. He has so much talent that he could be finishing at the rim a lot more if he slowed down a bit. Passing is not a bad thing
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:10 pm

Both J’s potentially are great finishers, they have all the attributes, but they both blow too many bunnies, at the same time we have seen them both make great finishes, but no question they should finish better and more consistently.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:13 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Both J’s potentially are great finishers, they have all the attributes, but they both blow too many bunnies, at the same time we have seen them both make great finishes, but no question they should finish better and more consistently.

They will in time, though I know you are on board with that Cow.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:18 pm

You are right there. It is so exasperating watching those easy shots not go down because they are going in for the big kill. They will learn to finish or be finished here for sure. This team has a habit of missing the easy shots, I don’t know what it is.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:56 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:So, then Philly goes out and gets Tobias Harris, who is having a terrific year.

Think Clippers are getting ready in off season for the big push for Leonard?  My guess is yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He really helps them, better at creating his own shot than Butler, has a 3 point shot that they need and does a lot of damage close to the basket too, an all star level player, this was a terrible trade for us....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:It’s amazing how much balance and touch he has on his drives, players like Tatum and Brown are more athletic, but he can finish so much better than both....

Depends on how you define athleticism. If you mean speed, power, and explosiveness (jumping, acceleration), which seems to be the most common meaning of the term, then the two J's clearly have more athleticism. To me, it should also include body control, balance, and coordination, which is related to finishing well. Pierce is a player people often describe as un-athletic, but he had remarkable body control. Maybe the Dallas kid has great balance/body control. For the record, I think the two J's have this type of athleticism as well, it is just not as obvious as their other gifts- yet....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Agreed Shamrock Bird had that type of athleticism too, I’m talking about the jumping and acceleration that they have in abundance. There are times they have the later too, just have to protect the ball better and at some point they will figure it out.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:44 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blatant-uncalled-bradley-beal-travel-144314376.html

This blatant, uncalled Bradley Beal travel makes all of James Harden's travels look innocent

Christopher Powers,The Loop
2 hours 46 minutes ago

Move over James Harden. Take a seat Kawhi Leonard. There is a new traveling king of the NBA, and his name is Bradley Beal.

Now, to be fair to Beal, he doesn't have a history of happy feet, though we're sure he's gotten away with plenty of walks just like every NBA star ever has. But there is not much damning video evidence of him traveling on YouTube as there is for a Harden, Leonard or Russell Westbrook. That being said, this travel is getting in the Traveling Hall of Fame on the first ballot. The key to all of the historically great travels of course, is that they go uncalled. Enjoy:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1095169948308119552
Complex Sports
✔️
@ComplexSports
Cancel NBA refs.

7:57 PM - Feb 11, 2019

We counted five total steps after Beal gathers the ball, which makes Harden's four-step strolls look innocent by comparison. Another thing you have to love with all these obvious walks is the entire opposing bench screaming for a call, not to mention the entire arena, whether it's their player or an opposing player, audibly gasping at what they just witnessed. And naturally, the play ends with the refs calling a push off on the Detroit Pistons. You can't make it up.

bob
MY NOTE:  Many people have suggested to improve the atrocious quality of NBA refs they should "only call them when they actually see them".  But, when you're completely blind that isn't a very constructive solution.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Tatum gets hit everytime he drives, if you just sneeze near Durant or James, it’s a foul...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm

....and don’t get me started on Harden

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:41 pm

The refs claim that Beal lost control of the ball, then regained control of the ball, thus allowing him to reset his pivot foot.

Nope.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm

gyso wrote:The refs claim that Beal lost control of the ball, then regained control of the ball, thus allowing him to reset his pivot foot.

Nope.

He took at least 5 steps. He would have had to lose control multiple times for that not to be a travel at some point.

Fail.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi,
Here's this episode. Plus quite a few funny tweets.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Harden has mastered what Curry started, and Reggie Miller, and Dwayne Wade. He just does it alot better right now. They tried putting in the rule where the shooter throwing his leg out would, getting hit, would not get the foul. Harden has found his way around that and takes that step back shot but still somehow that let goes out and he gets to the line. I hate watching him play
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum