Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer?

+11
Phil Pressey
cowens/oldschool
k_j_88
fierce
dboss
NYCelt
swish
RosalieTCeltics
dbrown4
mrkleen09
bobheckler
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer?

Post by gyso Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:43 am

fierce wrote:

But I had to say that those who said Kawhi is done and will never return to form, because of his injury, were all wrong.

So far, it can be argued that he hasn't returned to form 100%.  Has he played every game?  Has he finished up the season still healthy?  It is way too soon to make this claim.

Besides, who made that statement in that way anyway?  I believe that the majority of members that didn't want Kawhi qualified their statements by saying the cost to get him was too much to take the chance on him not returning to form.  Please don't spin the truth into something it is not.

I don't necessarily pay attention to other teams, but from what I see, he has not played in both games of a back to back.  Who wants to pay max money for a part-time player, even one who excels?

He has played in 8 of 11 games.  That is 72%, which would be about 60 games if it continues for the entire season.  This is EXACTLY the point many here tried to make.

Once again, you have set the foundation of your argument on soft soil.

Back to top Go down

Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer?

Post by dboss Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 am

fierce wrote:It's also unfair if someone responds to my post and I don't reply.

I'm just responding to posters who reply to my posts.

Like the Kawhi Leonard issue.
As soon as Kawhi got traded to the Raps, I let it go.

But I had to say that those who said Kawhi is done and will never return to form, because of his injury, were all wrong.

Only reason why Kawhi didn't become a Celtic is he refused to commit to the Celts long term.
Ainge was ready to pull the trigger.

I am not so sure your statement is accurate. Kawhi's non-commitment was not the reason.

Have you read this https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/07/19/kawhi-leonard-trade-means-for-celtics

Mark Dunphy of Boston.com report that the Celtics were not willing to give up Jaylen Brown

ESPN reported that:

According to ESPN, the Celtics have not included Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward, or Al Horford in their trade package, while the Sixers have not included Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, or Markelle Fultz. Both teams have reportedly made pick-heavy offers, which “haven’t moved” the Spurs. Boston has four potential first-round picks in the 2019 NBA Draft.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3